Start by marking “I Know You're There” as Want to Read:
I Know You're There

I Know You're There

Is your house as safe as you think?

Natalie spent most of her childhood feeling afraid. So when she moved into her cosy little flat in St Ives and met her three friendly neighbours, she knew at once it was somewhere she'd feel safe.

Before long, Natalie's neighbours have become the family she never had. Kind, motherly Morwenna, serious, reliable Nigel, and sweet, anxious Dan
Published June 6th 2019 by Aria (first published June 2019)

To ask other readers questions about I Know You're There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know You're There

Start your review of I Know You're There
Norma
2.5 Stars

I am not exactly sure what happened here but I had a really hard time following this one and connecting with any of the characters to fully enjoy this story. It's a slow burn and in all fairness to the author it's a pacing that I usually really struggle with to stay fully engaged in.

Even though I didn't fully enjoy this one as much as I did Sarah Simpson's previous book I am still extremely thankful that I had the opportunity to read I KNOW YOU'RE THERE.

This was a Traveling Sisters Read
Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
4 stars! This story had me on edge from start to finish!

Natalie lives in an apartment in a house shared with three others. She has good relationships with the other tenants, considering a couple of them close friends. Having escaped a violent and abusive childhood, Natalie has always lived in fear of facing her past. She can’t seem to shake the feeling of being watched and having her past catch up with her. Mysterious notes begin to appear causing everyone to question how well they really know o
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
I Know You’re There starts off slow as we get to know our main characters who live in different flats in the same building. It seems like a good set up her for Natalie and she thinks she has found her people here however not everything is as it appears with her new friends. Each character has their own personal conflicts and secrets and they are slowly revealed as we get to know the characters.

I know You’re There delves into the mental health of the characters and a few conditions are explored h
Nazanin
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, mystery, thriller
2.5 Stars

The walls can always crumble; the doors can be unlocked but none of it really matters when you deem what lies inside.

Natalie and worrying have become friends, worrying keeps her safe. When she’s worrying, she will not be caught off guard. It’s her comfort blanket. She had always been teetering on the edge and recently she feels someone following her, her things are moved, she’s receiving strange notes… She has neighbors (Mo the mother figure, Daniel the puppy dog and Nigel the upright s
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Natalie has a devastating past that she has tried to leave buried deep, except it is always there playing on her thoughts. She has done her best to walk away from those that have hurt her. Except every day she is worried that she come face to face with those she fears the most. Is her past about to reemerge and haunt her?

This book was a slow build in tension throughout the entire book. As myself and Natalie tried to figure out what the hell was going on in her life. I truly had no idea what was
Mark
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Love the title of the book, it makes you want to know more and I have enjoyed the authors previous work so we were off to a good start...
This novel novel ( 😃 ) is set in a beautifully described Cornwall and follows the lives of 4 neighbours who live in a 4 flat house, plus the landlord and one of the residents ‘minder/carers, it was billed by the main character Natalie as ‘almost family like’ with shared suppers, popping in and out of each others flats and the area being so safe they leave the c
Pauline
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the story of neighbours who all live in the same apartment building and their relationships with each other. Natalie who has recently moved in has made friends with some of them but are they trustworthy?
There are a lot of characters in this book and the author dedicates alternative chapters to each one so that we get to know them. This make the story slow and some off the characters stories didn't engage me at all.
Thank you to NetGalley and Aria for my e-copy in exchange for an honest re
Nicki
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paranoid,anxious Natalie,motherly Mowenna,serious,reliable Nigel and sweet,anxious Daniel. Four individuals who have flats in a large house in St Ives and who over time have become like a little family. Each one has their own personal issues,each has hidden secrets but is one of them not who they appear to be?

When the friends start receiving postcards from someone who seems to know a lot of personal information about them,mistrust,paranoia and suspension starts to spread throughout the house.

The
Mandy White
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoyed previous books by Sarah Simpson so I was looking forward to reading her new one I Know You Are There. Unfortunately for me it did not live up to my expectations or the earlier books. I found this one to be painfully slow with annoying characters. I see that there are mixed reviews for this book and can understand why. It is a good story but it takes such a long time to get going that I struggled to stay invested in it.

Natalie had an abusive childhood and now struggles to
Shalini
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A slow burn mystery, the book spent the first half in laying down the foundations of the characters and their interpersonal dynamics. Natalie lived with a mother figure Mo, lawyer Nigel, and friend Daniel in different floors of the building, where Mark was their landlord, work-boss, and her boyfriend. Everyone seemed to have a sweet deal happening, but not all were innocent here. Each one of them was hiding a secret from their past.

My second book by Sarah Simpson, though I didn't connect with t
Kat Dietrich

I Know You’re There by Sarah Simpson is a psychological thriller.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the both publishers Aria and Simon & Schuster, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis: (No major reveals, but if concerned, skip to My Opinions)
The four residents of a house are receiving rather vague and suspicious notes left in their mailboxes. The notes could be construed as nothing, except
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook

Sometimes it’s the shit that keeps you together rather than the good things.
This book was ok - very readable, and I finished it in one day. I didn't like the main character very much - she seemed to make every mistake and bad choice possible, and she wasn't very likable. While her actions, decisions and unpleasantness may make her a more realistic character, it makes for a frustrating reading experience as we watch her make one bad choice after another - sometimes even the same bad choices m
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
“Is your house as safe as you think?”

What a great start for a blurb.

When Natalie moved into an apartment in a house shared with three other people she was happy to have a safe home, lovely neighbours too.

Each of the characters was hiding their own secrets.

When weird things start happening can they trust one another?

I thought this was a great read and I’m looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
Andrea Pole
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I Know You're There by Sarah Simpson is a dark look at what has commonly become known as the urban family. When circumstances take us away from our blood relationships, our network of friends become a family of our own choosing. Such is the case for Natalie, a young woman who is living in St.Ives and sharing a house with Morwenna (Mo), Daniel and Nigel. Having emerged from an abusive childhood, Natalie takes comfort in sharing a roof with these three individuals who provide a sense of familial c ...more
Donna Hines
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
A modern day house with a modern day dilemma -what if your house isn't safe-?
Good grief but no worries as Natalie feels a sense of belonging around her wonderful new neighbors.
But you know fool's gold sparkles and these new neighbors each has their own stories too tell and boy do they tell them.
It's all about helping one another. A community. A feeling of shared values and beliefs.
Right?!
Well this just put a whole new twist on that idea...
Thanks to Sarah, the publisher, NetGalley, and Amazon Kin
Samantha Gonsalves
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I hate giving 1 and 2-star reviews, but I really struggled with this one. The pace of this book was so slow, I was distracted so many times and almost gave up reading. It took ages and pages for the story to captivate me and I found myself starting to take interest about 80% into the book. Where's the fun in that...

Natalie spent most of her childhood feeling afraid. So when she moved into her cozy little flat in St Ives and met her three friendly neighbors, she knew at once it was somewhere she'
Jypsy
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Know You're There is a story laced with secrets and deceit. Centered around Natalie and three other characters, this is a story about trust. Natalie doesn't trust anyone because of a bad childhood. Good! This story gives insight and details about the four people who live in four flats as neighbors. Each one is hiding something, whether big or small, from the others. When things start to get creppy and weird, who can be trusted? Does Natalie know anything true about anyone? It's a gripping and ...more
Melissa Borsey
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book about Natalie and her three neighbors who each have an apartment in the building. Each person has had their share of past family traumas and are currently dealing with issues that they would rather keep private, however, each one is receiving strange notes from someone who seems to know what each person may be hiding. A good domestic drama with a little mystery/suspense thrown in. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Lou
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Know You're There is a thoroughly gripping psychological thriller which revolves around secrets, deceit, duplicity, manipulation, control and obsession and it very quickly becomes terrifying. Natalie, Daniel and Mo are neighbours who each have skeletons in their closet, and when each of them begins to receive threatening messages they all believe their past is coming back to haunt them. The notes are creepy and oddly cryptic, and someone is certainly loving the suffering they are causing. As t ...more
Michelle
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I know you’re there is about Natalie who moves into an apartment building in beautiful St Ives Who meets the other residents Morweena, Nigel and anxious Daniel. They build up a relationship with each other. But after an abusive childhood Natalie finds it hard to trust people. So, can she trust her neighbours. Also, her father is released from prison after 14 years. He writes to her with a letter trying to connect with her, but also at the same time weird things start to happen and she wonders if ...more
Michelle
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the suspense that builds as you read the chapters. You know there is a shoe to drop but you don’t know when and I loved that aspect of the book. Natalie doesn’t trust just anyone and with good reason. She has a troubled past. But she feels safe with her neighbours and trusts them but should she? Her world as she knows it could crumble down at any given moment.

I enjoyed reading about Natalie as the main character and her relationship and interaction with all of her neighbo
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Started off as a slow burner but built to a fast paced, exciting couldn't put down kind of book. Totally was not expecting that for an ending, which was very reminiscent of the lead character in the film Split. Good read 😊
Michael David
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about four neighbors who live in the same house, separate flats, and who may all be in some sort of danger. There's Natalie, who is dating the landlord and dealing with someone in her life who may be coming back to haunt her. Then there's her good, older friend, Mo, who has her own past that could become exposed. There's Nigel, a straitlaced gent who lives on the first floor. He's quiet, but kind in a serious sort of way. Is he only acting unassuming? Then there's Daniel, a ...more
Melissa In The City
5 stars! This book was so dark and so emotionally charged! There were times I was so lost inside this book that I actually spooked myself out! What an awesome plot, so well written and the end did justice to the beginning and middle! The characters were so REAL and the twist was Unforgettable!
Thank you #NetGalley, the author and the publisher for my free ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
And I would like to give 5 stars for the cover too. Gives me chills looking at it now that I know the st
Amy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I have rounded 2.5 stars off. The book was predictable from the very beginning. The only reason I continued to read it inspite of it's slow pace is because it was very dearly suggested to me by a colleague who has suddenly discovered thriller genre! I couldn't say no and then I thought if I finish it, I will be able to discuss this book .
The story begins with Natalie who moved in with three strangers in a house. Mo the motherly figure, Daniel the token younger brother and Nigel the excentric you
peggy
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I have read and thoroughly enjoyed other books by this author, unfortunately the same cannot be said for this read.
A very slow burner and kept hoping that it would ignite. I found the main characters VERY ANNOYING!!!!!
Natalie has had an abusive childhood and finds it very hard to trust anyone. Natalie moves into a block of flats and her neighbours Mo, Daniel and Nigel become friends.
Are they friends or something more sinister???
Natalie's father is released from prison and things get a little mor
Marianne
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very slow burn for me.

The story is split between 4 characters (though it focuses on two of them primarily) and this draws the story out. Each characters has issues and secrets. Each is also rather unlikable to a degree.

The story goes beyond the halfway point before things start to happen, so this one requires some patience. The conclusion is quite good and unexpected so hang in there.

This was a quick entertaining read with some pros and cons. I will try more by this author. Thanks t
Julie
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A suspenseful look into the lives of other peoples secrets. We all have private things we don’t share, but what if someone knows...and so begins the alarming spiral into distrust and fear for a group of 4 tenants. The ending didn’t provide the shock element it promised for me, I figured it out earlier, but there were still some surprises along the way. Great writing, believable characters and a few twists. A good read. #NetGalley
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
[Disclaimer: e-ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

This book got off to a really slow and confusing start and never really got any better for me.

I will say that the author did a great job of leaving the reader feeling pretty off balanced and never quite sure exactly what was happening.(view spoiler)
Lesley Book Lover
DNF Couldn’t get into this book at all.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Living the Dream
  • The Secrets He Kept
  • Deep Dark Secrets
  • Familiar Strangers
Sarah’s books combine her professional and personal experiences with a natural curiosity for what makes the human mind tick and a deep fascination for how the mind can become so iniquitous, then - what happens next?

Her Greatest Mistake, Sarah’s debut novel, reached 16 in the overall UK Kindle chart, achieving a best-seller flag within the specific genre. It also reached the top 10 in Australia and