Start by marking “Jack Hunter: Origin Story (Jack Hunter #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Jack Hunter: Origin Story (Jack Hunter #0.5)

Jack Hunter: Origin Story

(Jack Hunter 0.5)

No one knew where he came from.
Even Langley lost his trail.
He settled down.
Got a life. A girl. A job. A truck.
He was even thinking of getting a dog.

But that life was shattered with a single phone call from the State Trooper’s office.
“Sir,” she said, “I’m afraid your wife and daughter are missing.”

Someone screwed up.
When they f**ked with his family, they signed
Published November 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Jack Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jack Hunter

Start your review of Jack Hunter: Origin Story (Jack Hunter #0.5)
Jim A
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Does what a short story is intended to do, even though this really is a prequel. Introduces the character, showing what a bad ass he can be. This one had an twist that really surprised me.

Probably will read another in this series just to see what the author has to offer in a full novel.

Thanks for the heads up, Prasanna.
David Dalton
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: action
A basic action story. But the hero, Jack Hunter, did come across as a little too perfect. And we did not really learn much about him at all. Just hinted at.
Prasanna
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short story which introduces Jack Hunter going after his family's killers.
James Ross
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I love this work. I have read ALL THREE NOVELS. I love the action. I like the fact that the stories are action packed and have a bit of sensuality as well. Like taking a James Bond story to the next level. However I do have some concerns.
1. The character has yet to work out or practice his craft. As a former soldier myself I was taught you must CONSTANTLY hone your skills.
2. There was a lack of diversity. No African Americans at all?
3. I want to see him in another action packed
Michael L. Melton
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I have read all of the Jack Hunter books by Rawlin Cash and they were all great. They way the author develops the Jack Hunter character make me feel as if I know the guy. The story was spellbinding! It has all the elements of a great story. There is a flawed hero, crooked politicians and the deep state in the Jack Hunter books. I found myself cheering for our hero (Jack Hunter) as he goes to the very seat of power to exact his revenge. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL OF THE JACK HUNTER
D. E.
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An RC. Murder Mystery/Indian Women Raped and Mutilated/Revenge

RC. has penned a murder/mystery novel about a 200 year old white men's group that have a place in Washington state where they can cage, rape and Mutilated Indian women. They make a mistake and murder the wrong woman and child. The second day after their deaths the husband arrived and the vengeance begins. This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Joseph Nicolini
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Reads like a high school english project by a student that belongs on a watch list.

One of the worst books I've ever read. Hunter is a homicidal psychopath that the author tries to justify his cruel behaviour because his wife and daughter were murdered. Thank goodness it was free on kindle!
Aleister Davidson
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
All telling, no showing at all. Still fun though.

Jack is pretty generic. The action was fun, the plot was good...but dude, seriously, breathe some life into the characters. Show us a little emotion, don't just tell, tell, tell.
It was still fun, and exciting. Very pulpy, which I loved.
Will read the other books, but hope there's more depth of character than in this novella.
Patricia Love
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

I really enjoyed this book. Am looking forward to reading other books in this series. No bad deed goes unpunished. The character in this book is a strong and unforgiving force to be reckoned with. Intense and full of action, just my kind of read.
Reggie Parker
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impressive

I was thoroughly impressed with the character of Jack Hunter. Although in the same league of many others, I still felt there was something different about him. I’m looking forward to the next adventure!
Patrick McNulty
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome throwback action story!

Really enjoyed the speed of the tale. It rocks along at a breakneck pace leaving a bloody wake of bodies. I loved every page! Can’t wait to get into the next book!
Blue Raven
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
While the story is gripping and certainly action-packed, it does fall flat somewhat. Background story to the horrific rapes and ritual killings of the native women is missing. As well, Jack Hunter's character is not fully developed. He is just an efficient killing machine.
Peggy Pancherz
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Storyline continues to grow and develop. Characters are realistic and get better and better.
Felice
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read short and a good connection for the next books
Connie Hamby
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read book

If you haven't already read this book then you need to read it it was the first one I read an d can't wait to read the next one
Julie Sherman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thriller

This was a thriller military style book. It's a different type of read for me but I like it. Well thought out and great story.
andres luna
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent

Great action packed easy to Redbook with an unlikely hero that you do not know.if.you like him or you are afraid of him
Jim Cerone The Perfect Host DJ MC
Better Than 1st Novel

Taught writing style, good dialogue keep the story moving. Unlike the novel which had too much sex and profanity imho, this one is an improvement.
Walt Mccluskey
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Via assassin

Interesting story but a little too short in exposing facets leading to action parts with the result being the action was anticlimactic and rather flat.
David Gervais
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Too short, but it was a great read. Tough to be Jack Hunter, I wouldn't want to be that guy.
Logan Coker
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good attempt but lacks

It felt like the author quickly threw this story together and forgot to provide a backstory as to who the main character was or how he acquired his skills.
Michael J. Clabby
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
good reading

the writers style was easy to read and engrossing. while some of the events were contrived, it was still a very entertaining book. highly recommend
Kenn Goslin
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack Hunter is not just another assassin...!

This story can be read as a stand alone, in sequence with "Head Shot" , or as a riveting prequel. Excellent!!!
Robert M Soule
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book I have read by R. Cash

I could not put this book down, this person knows how to keep the reader involved in the action. I will be reading more of his work.
Penney
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New series

A very good start with a lot of potential for a great series .i am completely hooked .lots of action
David G ODay
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Right to the point. If you want a good background story before reading Headshot, read this novella and get a sense of where Jack Hunter is coming from.
Susan
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best

This book was too short ! Can't wait to read another of this author book. Would recommend to those that like action
alan sabatke
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

For a short story, lots of action and violence. Kept me reading start to finish during an insomnia night! Good story
Guy Shepperd
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story but not really origin story

Look forward to learning of the mantis project.

Good flow, but only talked of one revenge shot. Out of three.
Jimmy Story
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great up and coming author

Found Rawlin's book by accident but man am I glad I did. Incredible story, incredible writer. Can't wait to read the other ones.

• The Captive Girl (Dan Stone Assassin, #3)
  • An Assassin Is Born (Wrath Of Abel #1)
  • The Shaman (Dan Stone Assassin, #2)
  • Payback (Dan Stone Assassin, #1)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • The Termination Protocol (Scott Steletto #1)
  • Ciphers (King & Slater #3)
  • The Fairmont Maneuver (Scott Steletto #2)
  • The Petrova Betrayal (Scott Steletto #4)
  • The Glinkov Extraction (Scott Steletto #3)
  • Skills to Kill (A Steve Dane Thriller #1)
  • Kill Count (Team Reaper Thriller #5)
  • All-Out War (Tanner #25)
  • Blood Rush (Team Reaper Thriller #4)
  • Black and White: An Action Packed Military Pulp Thriller (A John Stone Action Thriller Book 7)
  • The Minas Deception (Scott Steletto #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Titus Black Thriller #1)

Jack Hunter (2 books)
  • Headshot (Jack Hunter #1)
  • Super Sniper (Jack Hunter #2)