Start by marking “Burning Greed (DI Tanya Miller investigates Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Burning Greed (DI Tanya Miller investigates Book 2)

Burning Greed (DI Tanya Miller investigates Book 2)

The investigation into a warehouse fire turns into a murder inquiry when a woman’s body is found in the debris.

Forensics quickly establish foul play is involved. Now fully in charge of her team, DI Tanya Miller investigates, but her efforts are thwarted by a family problem that demands immediate attention. Her niece has gone missing, and her distraught sister is adamant Tanya help find her.

Ju
Published November 18th 2018 by The Book Folks

To ask other readers questions about Burning Greed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Greed

Start your review of Burning Greed (DI Tanya Miller investigates Book 2)
Teresa
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good book with a feisty hero(ine)

The story starts off well and never slows down. The conversations are real sounding and people do well and don’t do so well.

No one is infallible in the book but you can’t help but dislike the older sister, even if things are horrid for her.
Anita Rodgers
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Burning Greed is a bit different from other Dickson novels I’ve read (and I’ve not read the first in the series, so may have to go back and read that) so I was a bit surprised to discover it was a police procedural.

The story contains two mysteries – one of an arsonist/murderer and the other of the MC’s, DI Tanya Miller, missing niece. In fact, one case interferes with the other and so provides an interesting complication into the story. Personally, I found the missing niece aspect of the story
Anna Willett
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An enthralling mystery featuring DI Tanya Miller. This time Tanya and her team are called to the scene of a fire where a woman’s body is found burned beyond recognition. The story moves quickly and DI Miller is torn between family drama and an unsolved murder. Trying to juggle a prickly relationship with her sister, an online shopping addiction (I can relate) and the pressures of being in charge of a murder investigation, Tanya sifts her way through the leads to discover the terrible truth behin ...more
Ted Tayler
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Thrills and spills"

Plenty of action in the Midlands and Scotland. Tanya Miller finds her loyalties split between her team and her family. An interesting development for the lead character. This series has a way to run yet I think. Good thriller.
Mary
Sep 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
This is the second book in a series about a female detective. In Burning Greed DI Miller is investigating a fire and a death when she receives a call from her sister. Miller's niece is missing and her mother insists that Miller come and find the girl. I have not read the first book in the series so I can't comment on the series. This book contains crude language and mild cursing; however, there are many uses of God's Name as curse words. I did not continue reading and won't read anymore books by ...more
Jim Bean
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery Suspense

The reading pace was the same as the suspense level as tge narrative. A great contrast to typicsl stories. The overall story line was great. It was really hsrd to predict the outcome. A finely woven tale with no foul language or sexual encounters. A good tale can be accomplished without sex and violence.
Angelika Rust
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every bit as good as the one that went before. Tanya is a brilliant MC, badass and prone to stupid decisions, just like a proper hero should be.
Melissa
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Main character is unlikeable

I could never sympathize with the character and really didn't care if she was able to solve the crime or keep her job. Doubt if I'll read any more in the series.
Mary E
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

I enjoy a good mystery and this one was pretty good. I do wish the characters had been a little better developed but all in all it was entertaining.
Erik Empson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are two concurrent mysteries in this book. In the first, DI Tanya Miller (introduced in BROKEN ANGEL), is on the hunt for the arsonist who caused a warehouse fire, which becomes a murder investigation when a woman's body is found in the building; in the second, the same detective tries to find her niece who has gone missing. Although the two stories aren't related, they develop the complexity of Miller as a character, showing how much she wants to distance herself from her past life and su ...more
Wilma
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Started this book ambivalent. I hate the name Tanya. Don't know why. The story was distracting. First a fire and a dead body inside then Tanya get distracted when her not beloved sister calls to tell her that her daughter is missing. Tanya goes to help her sister's family, finds the girl and comes back to the original investigation.

Not a fan. Probably won't read another chapter of this series.
Heather Lovelace
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dickson puts together a gripping suspense that keeps the reader guessing. I had not read anything else in the series before picking this up but will go back and catch up after reading this installment. Crime/suspense lovers will enjoy this caper. From beginning to end I found the detail captivating and the characters interesting. Very enjoyable read and one I will recommend to others.
David Pearson
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Diane has managed to turn quite an ordinary mishap into a thrilling mystery. There's a fabulous blend of characters, cleverly woven into a twisty tale. I found I really couldn't put this down- I know we say that a lot about books that we read, but in this case, it was very genuine.

If you like a well written, engaging book that you won't want to end - this is for you.
vickieallred
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

Great believable characters, good writing, and an interesting tale. I enjoyed reading this book. The story dealt with very real family problems and crimes that happen in every day living during this age and time. Sad but true. I enjoyed the tale and the ending was great. To be continued the family drama.
Nancy
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad police procedural .

Not a bad police procedural - it was a pretty good plot. I did not like the main character which made it hard to like the book. The sub plot with the sister was annoying.
Stuart Pretty
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Plot was believable and kept my attention all the way through. Quite like a book based in UK for a change especially as I recognise place, makes it all the more believable. Want to read more of these books.
Jacki Prettyman
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gripping

A gripping tale of greed and ambition on both the good and bad side with plenty of twists and turns. Kept my attention.
Wade
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burning Greed

An interestingly written murder mystery. It kept me following it through out although some times I thought it was rather convoluted.
Alan  Main
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
even better
Garrett Lee
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
A decent story line but difficult verbiage understanding

A creditable murder mystery with sidebar issues that added to the story, but I had trouble with the English diction
Gaye Lemm
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

Excellent book, well written. I enjoyed Tanya with all her faults, she still managed to find the killer even by accident.
Nicola Richardson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liked this and will definitely read more. The main character is prickly and distant but I like how she developed as the story did.
Irene
Jul 19, 2019
laurraine
Jul 04, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please add my latest book 6 20 Dec 03, 2018 05:42AM

• Death track (Cavendish & Walker #3)
  • Scream Blue Murder (Jack Rutherford and Amanda Lacey, #7)
  • The Women on Retford Drive (Dancing Hills Series #1)
  • Creed (Kate Redman Mysteries, #7)
  • Tracking the Treasures (The Capsule Killer #1)
  • Vegas Lies (Lies #3)
  • All the Dying Children
  • Sins of the Child
  • Hey You, Pretty Face (DC Jack Rutherford #1)
  • The Clincher: A Horseshoer Mystery (Horseshoer Mystery Series, #1)
  • Rose City Free Fall (Dent Miller Thriller #1)
  • Dark Secrets (A Cooper & Quinn Mystery, #3)
  • Shark Wave (Troy Bodean Adventure #6)
  • The Only Clue (Neema Mystery, #2)
  • Missing in Wales (Detective Gabriella Darin, #1)
  • The Gilded Sanctum
  • The Advocate's Conviction (The Advocate #3)
  • Compromised: Thriller Suspense Series (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 6)
English. Love writing - love reading. Feel very lucky and amazed to have books published.