Start by marking “Cabin Fever” as Want to Read:

Cabin Fever

When a rugged mountain man rescues a sleeping beauty from the snow, two strangers are flung together to ride out the blizzard of their lives.

He fled society and the walls of conformity.

She ran from a mid-life crisis and the man who’d abandoned her.

What they didn’t know was a perfect storm was brewing that would bring them together.

Under extreme conditions and with their li
198 pages
Published December 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cabin Fever, please sign up.
K. We think so. A heartfelt, light winter romance to keep you warm on chilly nights!

Betül
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

Cabin Fever is a fast-paced contemporary romance about two characters who both run away from the circumstances in their lives. Tristan is socially withdrawn and has been living alone in the mountains for years, and is mostly very happy with his life. Meghan is trying to find a meaning to her life after being abandoned by her husband by going on dangerous adventures. Even though this book was shorter than what I usually read, I still think that the
Debbie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect winter romance to cuddle up with this season. It's got heat, sweet and a few toe curling scenes. 😉 Best of all these characters have some years of life under their belt and its a great change up from the normal 20 something drama.
B.B. Easton
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mara White and K. Larsen took the cozy feeling of a holiday romance and added the life-or-death danger of uncharted wilderness to create a truly engaging experience. For two days I was so immersed in Cabin Fever that I was actually surprised when I looked out my window and didn't see a wonderland of snow. Five frost-covered stars for this this sweet, suspenseful read!
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: K. Larsen and Mara White
4 Stars

When I count my toes, I’m so thankful to come up with 10. I believe I curled my toes reading this book more than I have while reading any other book!

When Tristan moved to seclusion he had felt the freedom that he was looking for. All alone up on the mountain in his cabin built by his own two hands. Peaceful, no worries, simply living life the way he wants.

Meghan finally found something that makes her feel useful. After a marriage that failed and he
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A stark and simple story of kindred spirits on voluntary hiatus from the world and society. They stumble upon each other in a cabin in remote mountain, harsh weather traps them and their forced stay soon warms up to a companionship. Burning logs heat up the house and their passions and soon the blaze roars and engulfs their hearts alike.

description

Lumbering Tristan has secluded himself amidst nature with Blue Jays and wolves and Bears and an occasional Moose for company. His heart is at peace here
"At the
Melissa Fisher
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!

This short story was so much more than I thought it would be. Tristan stole my heart and Meghan's sense of adventure made me a little jealous. What would you do if you happened upon a stranger in need? Most people I know would just keep on going, more worried about themselves than anyone else around them. Tristan has been perfectly content all alone in his cabin till Meghan comes and changes everything. Meghan is all about adventure and independence, until she finds herself needing him
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
This was a fast paced, curl-up-by-the-fire kind of read. I really enjoyed it... it's sexy, it's a bit suspenseful in the way that a story is where two strangers are stranded, injured in the middle of the wilderness in a isolated cabin. It's a story about a woman trying to find her true self after a lifetime of devoting herself to her husband and children... what's left now that the divorce papers are signed and the kids have left the nest? It's a story that resonated with me in an unexpected way ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cabin Fever was a sexy contemporary romance perfect for this time of year. Tristan is happy with his life of solitude up in the mountains. He prefers being away from people and the issues they can add to a person's life. Being able to live a simple life the way he sees fit suits him just fine.

Meghan was able to find herself after a failed marriage and her sons getting older thanks to hiking. Unfortunately that new passion has put her a dangerous situation when a bad storm strands her mid-hike. T
Rachel Caid
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I love these kinds of books!! Sweet romance, enough heat to keep you warm in a blizzard, characters with depth, grit, and honesty that you fall in love with.
Michell Hall casper
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was quick, fun, sexy read. And had me a little frustrated for Meghan with the way she was treated by her family. But it was a perfect winter read.
Maria Passia
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meghan is a recently divorced woman, who's been trying to discover who she really is. Tristan is a man betrayed and hurt by traumatic events in his past, and he's been living in an isolated cabin deep in the woods. When Meghan decides to go on a solo hiking and ski trip, their paths will cross and their lives will change forever! Meghan is inexperienced and doesn't take into account that the weather can be unpredictable! When her life is in danger, Tristan rescues her and they end up trapped in ...more
AJ's book-reMarks
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delusional

If your going through a life crisis this story should assist you with the do's and don'ts about hiking in the mountains. It's about survival, survival of the fittest and falling in love.
Virginia
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Laura Johnson
3 solid stars. This story was enjoyable, smooth sailing, and suspenseful read. It does pack a lot of story in the pages. Couldn’t put it down😀.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story!
This was a fast paced quick read not because it was short, but because it flowed so easily I read it in 1 sitting!
Smart, flawless writing with 2 main characters who are both mature, strong, fiercely independent. Both have been burnt by their life circumstances. What they do to deal with their own personal struggles made for a slow burn passionate and compassionate story.
Theirs was a journey of 2 unlikely people meeting under the most unlikely circumstances, and discovering
HeatherP
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I accepted this after the blurb caught my eye in an email. I haven't read either of these authors before, so I thought I would check them out. I read this the other day while in bed not feeling well. It was a lovely winter/holiday-ish read. There were a few spots that dragged, a few that didn't work for me, and it took me a bit to get behind these two as a couple or root for them. Besides what I mentioned the rest of the book was pretty decent. I think I would check out these authors again. If t ...more
Jackie D
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intrigued with the blurb, I dove into the world crazy world of Tristan and Meghan.
Very insta all with a side of sweet heat, mending hearts!
I have to be honest, At first, I did not care for either of the characters or the storyline, but it all started to grow on me as the unique story went along.
Wittiness, emotional ups, and downs, heat is thrown into the mix of instant attraction in a moving on and upward tale. Making for a read that catapulted me someplace else for a little while!
Certainly to
Katy Patton
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story just what I needed for the holidays!! It wasnt just about romance it was about survival and about staying alive and I really loved that! Tristan and Meghan were very strong characters I loved them very much! I couldnt put this book down! It had me on the edge of my seat I loved this story and the romance was beautiful as well!! They had the greatest chemistry that was so steamy I just overall loved the book!! 10 stars for me if I could!
San
Tristan and Meghan's journey was lovely! It was filled with self-discovery, pushing your boundaries and learning to love again. This survival romance is a perfect winter read. I loved the description of the scenery and I'm especially fond of Tristan and his love for rom-coms! Both Meghan and Tristan's POV were very cohesive and it felt like one story: you probably can't tell it was written by two authors, the story flows easily and their writing styles mix very well.
Tracy
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Cabin Fever!! The compassion and intense emotions in Tristan were breathtaking! Two people that couldn't of needed each other more. And were forced together by such an extreme situation. Such trust was needed on both their ends. Such an amazing read with a journey of two beautiful souls .
Cassie Brooker
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I got a little confused reading this book, it’s not a bad story just confused me which rarely happens. I’m not sure if this is an older guy/younger woman book or what. The way the main male character was described sounded like he was very old and meets this young woman in her 20-30’s.

I liked the story but not the confusing part about the main male character.
Ri
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Enjoyable read by two people that needed to find each other to rediscover their souls purpose. I liked the characters and chemistry. More importantly, I liked the trust they had in each other.
H.B. Jasick
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect cozy little winter read. This story is packed with everything you need.. I loved this story. the characters were layered, and relateable. the plot was captivating, and the cover is absolutely adorable!! Is there anything else? I highly recommend this book!!
Marissa
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
Melissa
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short read. Good character development and story but ending felt rushed. 3.5 stars
Aneesah
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh.
Carissa
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
dnf at 63%, the story is losing my interest.
Andrea Britton
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book to curl up on the couch with. And it’s the perfect time to read it. Great characters. I enjoyed it from the first page to the very last.
Lisa Cairo
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tristan is a love!

Great story of how two people who have broken hearts are thrown together during a powerful snow storm and learn to trust and love again.
Elizabeth  Shuey
Dec 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Mara White is a contemporary romance and erotica writer who laces forbidden love stories with hard issues, such as race, gender and inequality. She holds an Ivy League degree but has also worked in more strip clubs than even she can remember. She is not a former Mexican telenovela star contrary to what the tabloids might say, but she is a former ballerina and will always remain one in her heart. S ...more