Start by marking “The Little Book of Coaching: Motivating People to Be Winners” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Coaching: Motivating People to Be Winners

The Little Book of Coaching: Motivating People to Be Winners

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Are the people who report to you giving you their best? Is each individual on your team performing to his or her fullest potential?
For more than thirty years, renowned business consultant and bestselling author Ken Blanchard and legendary NFL coach Don Shula have motivated teams to peak performances. In their classic, authoritative work on coaching, Everyone's a Coach, the
Published January 23rd 2001 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Coaching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Coaching

Dayla
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership
I could see why Don Shula had been effective in his leadership. However, I found little I could apply to my own leadership world.
John
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Some good advice. Nothing in depth bur practical.
Kris
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this little primer. It reminded me that it's easy to get lost in the day to day and miss out on how others are doing. Taking time to notice other's efforts and share a sincere word builds relationships. This book has simple tools to help others be their best. It's easy to get angry and upset when something is not done as expected, and lose control. Taking the time to redirect and focus someone on doing the task right is a better solution and makes everyone feel better in the long run. Al ...more
Louisa
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shula, with his 352 victories in football, who would question his greatness? This book is a great source of wisdom in coaching. It is a privilege to be shared such wisdom from the pro. Blanchard is a person of faith, this is I believe is essential for all leaders to have and so is the coach.
David
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy read - as Blanchard's books always are, with the main theme broken into digestible, bite-sized pieces.

I feel inspired but not brainwashed; motivated without incentive; I believe in my abilities and the abilities of those I work with.
Ahmed Alkhuzaie
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
great quotes, examples and methods. a must have
Choy Casuga
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
A catalyst to effective coaching.
Karl-Alexander
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Was then what it is now. A good book to read. Read this book along time ago for myself. Picked it up again this year for the sake of parenting a teen. Still works.
Marty
Aug 10, 2014
Brenda Mccloskey
Aug 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...