Start by marking “Defenders (The Wall Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defenders (The Wall Series, #3)

Defenders

(The Wall Series #3)

The battle for control of Area Four is over. Or is it?

Aleesha is determined to give the captured Metz officers a chance to change. But as tensions rise between Outsider gangs and the newly freed officers, events take a devastating turn and Aleesha is forced to confront her darkest fears.

Still reeling from the battle of Rose Square, Trey has his own decision to make. Does
Published November 27th 2018 by Windswept Writing

To ask other readers questions about Defenders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defenders

Start your review of Defenders (The Wall Series, #3)
Britt
Defenders is a great mix of enemies and allies coming together. With Trey going back Inside, it also gives a fantastic contrast of worlds, much like the familiarity of Expendables, the first book in The Wall series.
However, though I quite enjoyed Trey going back Inside for the first time, I feel like it was Aleesha’s POV that was strongest in this particular installment of the series. There were aspects of Trey’s narration that were interesting — the drama with his family, and, of course, with
OldBird
This series only gets better. Despite being a fairly heft 400+ pages I chewed through it because of the nauseous underlying tension. Less racing around than book one, less big battles to fight than book two, and yet it still remains a gripping plot.

We pick up as Trey has to make a big decision. He wants to help the Outsiders, but his family need him. Could he help both of them from the Inside? A job at one of the food factories provides him with a new perspective, new allies, and new enemies.
Candy Robosky
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defenders delivers. The opening was intriguing and powerful as it reminded me of the battle from the Infiltrators. I wanted to see how they decided to handle the information they had discovered as well as the Metz they acquired. I loved how the background information was given to the reader in a normal flashback memory way without being a lecture or book report.
The characters are easy to relate to and care for. Even when Trey’s family attacks him and Bryn it is understandable why they would
Mrs LIR Linda
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book follows on with the story of Aleesha and Trey/Darwin and how the consequences of them trying to take the 'right action' has not panned out as they had hoped.
Without giving any spoilers the action is packed and sadly some sympathetic characters are harmed or some characters do become more caring and switch allegiance.
However the big question this series asks is 'can people with ideals to help humanity keep their ideals when they get power - or does power corrupt..........?
I look forward
Kacie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Loved it! I wasn't expecting the twists and turns, it made me very curious and always wanting to know what happens next. I was so absorbed in the story that I got quite a shock at the end.. definitely didn't expect what happens at the end. Great cliffhanger. I like the way the characters have developed. The story is beautifully scripted. I love the way the author expresses everything and puts so much emotion and life into the story. I find myself admiring Aleesha a lot. I can't ...more
Maria
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book smoothly continues the Wall series, developing some of the characters and adding new ones, (and killing off one or two LOL) LOTS of action and challenges to be overcome, but posing some interesting philosophical questions too, without getting too bogged down or "preachy" Word of warning... it is to be continued and has a cliff hanger ending! This is a fascinating world with engaging interesting characters, and the author has a way of making the "bad guys" and the bad decisions made by ...more
BA Wilcox
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book continued to raise the tension and anticipation for the fourth and final book. I literally just finished reading Defenders and I'm aghast. I was so deeply entrenched in the story that I was reacting physically and verbally during the last two chapters. My family just stared at me like I was a loon. I cannot wait for book four!!! This series is well worth the read.
Michelle
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and every time I read the next book in the series, the storyline is even stronger than the last time.

There is action, mystery and those parts that make me gasp audibly. If you enjoyed the first two books, this instalment will not disappoint you. I will not mention anything that happens....read it to find out for yourself. I am looking forward to book 4.
Steve
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ipad-kindle
This series just gets better and better. Both main characters encounter multiple obstacles, but growth comes with the struggles. I could not turn the pages fast enough through each adventure and need Alison to hurry with the next volume, please.
Julie Balla
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's always nice to dive back into a world that you've come to know, and find out what will happen next to the characters. This book was maybe a little slower to start than previous ones, but built to an interesting ending, which promises an exciting last instalment of the series.
Jackie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great in this amazing series. Aleesa tries to give the captured Metz officers a chance at changing. Lots of action to give you many reasons to keep reading.
Marianne Mills
added it
Apr 04, 2019
arlene aliano
Apr 10, 2019

• Emergence (First Colony #6)
  • Ghosted
  • Fire in the Night Sky (Aeon 14: Legacy of the Lost #1)
  • Jatouche (Pyreans, #3)
  • Exile (Verity Chronicles Book 1): A Cadicle Space Opera Adventure
  • Ashen Stars: An Exile Novella
  • The Genome Project (The Evolution Gene #1)
  • Dodging Fate 2: Extra Fateful, Uber Dodgy
  • Final Onslaught - A Space Colonization Epic Adventure (Space Colony One, Part Two Book 3)
  • The Other Side of Nowhere: And Other Stories
  • The Sectarian: Demon Hunter Book 5
  • Warrior Queen: A Renegade Star Novel
  • The Constable Returns (Renegade Origins #3)
  • The Constable (Renegade Origins, #2)
  • Nameless (Renegade Origins, #1)
  • Within Magic (Portals to Whyland #3)
  • Chronicles of Pelenor Trilogy Collection: (Heart of Dragons, Court of Shadows, Order of Valxiron)
  • Secrets in Blood (Lake of Sins, #2)
I write dystopian, sci-fi and fantasy fiction for young adults and adults who are still young at heart. As a former emergency planner with an interest in climate change and sustainability, I spend a lot of time wondering what the future will be like.

Some of my favourite things: reading, Yorkshire Tea, exploring new places, feeling the wind in my hair, climbing mountains, being by the sea.

I live

The Wall Series (4 books)
  • Expendables (The Wall Series, #1)
  • Infiltrators (The Wall Series, #2)
  • Liberators (The Wall Series #4)