Start by marking “In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods and Monsters #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods and Monsters #1)

In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods and Monsters #1)

In the land of gods and monsters, she was a toy. A plaything. A pet.

His pet.

Taken, stolen, beaten, used.

Pet remembers nothing before his touch, and afterward she craves nothing more.

Sinful and merciless, Ares is her god now. He alone says when to beg, when to come, and when to kneel, but he never said anything about leaving.

Warning: In the Land of Gods and Monst
Published November 18th 2018

Start your review of In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part One (Gods and Monsters #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘IN THE LAND OF GODS AND MONSTERS’ Is a full length, dark novel by Carmen Jenner. This is told in dual POV. With MFM, MF & MM scenes.

This is a hard one for me to review due to how much goes on in this and I want to keep it as spoiler free as I possibly can. Go in as blind as you can!! Be prepared to question all your morals. This is not for the faint of heart. For some this will be a very dark read.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars

I am kind of stuck between a 3 and a 4 Star rating for this one. I am going to keep my review fairly brief so as not to give too much away, but also because there is another book coming and I'll wait to review them in more depth as a pair.

description

I was enjoying this book for the most part until we hit the halfway point, then I started to get a little tired of it just being scene after scene of sex and humiliation. I wanted more depth. I wanted more background details about the story and char
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
Ares leads me into the darkness, and I have no choice but to follow blindly.

The second I saw the blurb for this book, I've been chomping at the bit to get my grabby little hands on it. If I know one thing from my love affair with Carmen Jenner's other books, the woman knows how to write some dark and gritty stuff. And this reader is RAVENOUS for it!

Now, I feel it fair to warn you that this book is most definitely not for the faint of heart. It's not just dark, it's DARK. It
Malene
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Phew this book was insane. Such a crazy roller coaster ride.
ITLOGAM isn’t for the faint of hearts when it comes to domination and submission. Braking people into slaves. The story is raw, dark and gritty. The synopsis says it’s a dark romance but for me it’s more dark erotica. I couldn’t feel the romance until close to the end. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t entertained cause I thoroughly was.

What I enjoyed was Pet’s journey. Her transformation. Especially what she endured and how she kept fighting
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is totally painted in very dark colours. Non-con, dub-con sex, dom/Sub, humiliation, sexual slavery and fetishes and kinks all galore. A prima Ballerina is a swan. Lithe, graceful, a whisper of a feather, until she's plucked by a sadist and caged for eternity. She's tortured, abused, exploited till her feathers fall off and she forgets who she is....except his!!

description

You are mine. I’ll call you whatever the fuck I want. I’ll keep you as long as I need, and if I choose to discard you like
RentasticReads
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy shit. I think I’m still in a daze, locked in the insanity that is Ares and Pet. This might’ve been my first ever Carmen Jenner book, but I didn’t see any of this coming. In the Land of Gods and Monsters was definitely a dark erotica romance, but it was also so much more than that. The entirety of this book will undoubtedly electrify and stun every single one of your nerve endings. It’s dark. It’s heavy. It’s pure BDSM that will leave your heart raw and spent. It’ll push your boundaries, but ...more
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
This is my very first Carmen Jenner book. And while I've never read this author before, I do love a good dark read. So, naturally, the blurb had me at "His pet."

I'm going to be totally honest here; after the first few chapters, I wasn't all the way on board. The beginning jumped in with both feet—heavy on the sex, light on depth. I admit to being worried that was all there was going to be. I shouldn't have been. As the book continues on and characterization and plot unfold, there were so many zi
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Ummm WTF with an extra F#CK thrown in!!!!!!

I don't even know what to say. I have read some dark books in my time but holy shitballs this was twisted mind fuckery at its best. I don't want to say too much but I will say it's brutally graphic, it covers the very real & truly horrific subject of human trafficking and I am completely in awe of Carmen's writing in this one. Blown away!

It's definitely not your average HEA romance read. This one's for the lovers of all things dark & erotic. And by da
Escape into a Booksite
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3.5-4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This one is hard for me to review, because whilst I love Carmen, I'm not sure about this story. I haven't really read many dark stories like this before, if at all. This is the story of a famous ballerina who is abducted and held hostage, however she has no memory of who she is or anything to do with her past.

Ares, her captor is just plain mean, and yes, a monster. The story revolves around so much torture/punishment and sex
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Pet, there's no one to tell. It's just you and me here, and you can't reason with a monster. You have no options here but to do what I tell you, or to be punished, and then do what I tell you. Are we clear?"

Ares is an arrogant asshole. Lots of 'A' words, including addictive. Not only to his Pet, but to me as well. I didn't want to like him, because even he admits that he's a monster. I wanted to try and reason with him, but even she soon learned that "There's no point. Begging doesn't wo
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
It's been so long since I read anything in this genre so I was excited to see what Carmen had in store for me :-)

After a little bit of insight into the background on the heroine this story gets straight to the good stuff. Although 'good' is probably not an apt description of what this innocent woman goes through. She is plucked from her life and finds herself captive in a cell. She has no memory of her life before now and is completely dependent on her Master, Ares.

'Ares' smile is devastating
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4 "Little One" Stars ⭐️
What did I just read?? Seriously, In the Land of Gods and Monsters was such an intense story that fed my dark romance addiction! It was my first time reading Carmen Jenner and I must say that I was left entirely ensnared in this obscure world of control, manipulation and perversion!

When Pet wakes up confined in a cell after her abduction, she doesn’t remember anything about her former life. In captivity, she meets her new master the sexy but cruel Ares. He treats h
Robyn Corcoran
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, now that’s what I call an attention grabbing beginning! The warnings about this dark romance are there for a very good reason. It’s a book that grabs you by the throat and literally doesn’t let go until the very last word, if even then!

Kidnapped, beaten, tormented, starved, trained as a sex slave, Pet can’t remember who she was before hand, where she came from or anything about her prior life as a prima ballerina. Submission is the name of the game and Ares’ overall aim so she can go to the
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

I’m still breathing hard after reading this exceptional dark, uninhibited, romantic read. Carmen Jenner has written a dark, erotic story that had me hooked from page to page. You feel the hurt and pain the characters endure that make you want to crawl into the book and help them out. It’s raw, there is no hiding in corners, you just had to take on the ride and kinky erotic themes that are just in your face. I certainly wasn’t prepared for this.

The characters in this story just leave you
Dani
Dang. I'm not sure what I just read, but I need more. Carmen Jenner pulled out all the stops and then some. I'm hooked. A dark, sordid, erotic story that left me on the edge of my seat and wondering where Ares lives because dang, I would love to bump into him!

If you love your romance dark, twisted, and downright filthy, then you need to meet Ares and his Pet. Carmen Jenner has created a world that I never wanted to escape from because just like Pet, I may have fallen for our dark Master, Ares.
Jewel
This book was extremely similar to Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts. I gave Captive in the Dark three stars as well. But I enjoyed this story a little bit more. It was a bit darker and the ending was far more satisfying.

TW: Non-con
Meggie
The story was entertaining enough, and fairly hot, but not enough was revealed for my tastes. So, I’m going to wait and review the whole thing.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
It’s been WAY too long since I’ve delved into a dark romance as delicious as this. Carmen Jenner just hit my reader sweet spot with Ares and Pet’s story.

It’s gritty and raw tale of their internal battles throughout the story was engrossing. Pet struggles with her growing love for the man that took her from her life but has claimed ownership of her body and heart without her ever really wanting him to. Nevertheless, he did. This ends up being a struggle for Ares because it’s not what was intende
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
In The Land of Gods and Monsters was a sexy slave/master story that was heavy on the bdsm. When "Pet" gets kidnapped by Ares we do not know the reason why she's taken but know that there is a hidden agenda he and his brother have. While I enjoyed this story I felt like it was incredibly rushed and a bit of a mixed bag for me.

I enjoyed the story but it felt like the first half of the book was just sexual interludes/bdsm "lesson" sessions without there being much emotion involved. It almost felt c
liz
I really enjoyed this book by a new to me Author, Carmen Jenner, whom I will definitely be reading more from.

Although there is certainly a familiar plot to this dark read, it is a book worth reading if you’re like me and enjoy the hell out of a good captivity book. It has many of my favs; non/dub con, torture, & BDSM elements...yet, it was a unique story. One I haven’t read again and again.

The writing is really great, the flow and pace, the characters, and the SEX; all terrific. HOLY SHIT WAS TH
Anne Dawson
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a book - my dark heart loves this so so much

Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good read. This was my first time reading this author. Camille Flynn is a prima ballerina who was kidnapped after the opening night of Swan Lake. Camille wakes up in a cell with no memory of what happened to her or who she is. Ares and his twin brother kidnapped her to train her as a sex slave to sell her to the highest bidder. This was a good read. Pet as she has become gets more pleasure out of being forced to do all kinds of things and it confuses her. What I liked about her ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Wow, this book was definitely intense and dark as can be.

I went into this one with my eyes closed and an open mind not knowing what to expect or what I was going to get. But I'm so glad I did go in blind because this book definitely hit all my awesomeness buttons.

We get this in dual POV, but mostly in Pet's POV and we get to feel and experience how she is feeling and what she's going through being Ares' submissive. I've read some pretty dark books and this one definitely goes on top of my dark
Tina Louise
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the Land of Gods and Monsters is not a book for the feint of heart. There are BDSM romances and then there is this book, in a league of it's own. The premise of the story; taken, stolen, beaten and used, should be taken as a warning to readers. This book should be read with the understanding it's no fairytale with a prince riding in to rescue the damsel. It's pretty much the exact opposite.

I was shocked by the darkness of the leading man. How could Ares possibly be seen as a hero? His bruta
Paula D
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pet is taken she’s a ballerina and taken to become a submissive. This book is brutal, dark, twisted and just so much more. Pet is angry and very determined throughout the book. Aries is cruel, dark and will having you wanting to do evil things to him but other times you want to know more about him. Lots of kink and has you wanting more. 5/5 stars can’t wait for the next book
Teema
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, crime, dark
I was so excited to read this book, I had herd such amazing things and for the most part it lived up to the hype. But after maybe 30 to 40 percent of the book, it started to become a little too predictable. I kept on reading because i do enjoy a dark story. However the first 40 percent of this book was very gripping and it had me on the edge of my seat.

One thing that I did not really like was the amount of sex scenes and torture scenes. There was just too many of them. I would have liked some
Lilpurplepearl
As I mentioned before, I wasn't too impressed with this story. I felt that it dragged on in far too many places and not enough in others.

In other, well written, stories of similar tropes, the reader can normally be immersed in to the psyche of the main characters and often feels or at the very least becomes aware of when 'things change' for one or both characters on an emotional level. I was extremely tired of the repetitive Ds scenes, which I felt held no substance. The entire situation felt s
Michelle1005
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
„In the land of gods and monsters” is a full length, definitely dark novel written by Carmen Jenner, another new to me author this year. But after reading this book I definitely can’t wait for more. This story is told is dual point of view and includes MFM, MF and MM scenes and definitely it’s for readers who likes dark vibes in their books.
description
This story is definitely not an easy one to review cause to how much happens there and I don’t want to spoil you anything cause the best reading experience y
Avidez Literaria
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I love him. I hate him. I want to kill him, spear him through the heart until his blood pours thick and hot over my hands, and I can finally take back my freedom. But in doing so, it will destroy me.”

Today my review will be a little different from what I usually do. I'm trying to absorb the impact this book has had. I knew it would be heavy, but I was not ready for it. Carmen Jenner, you were brilliant! The book is wonderful, capable of provoking diverse reactions in the reader. I recommend hav
Rebecca
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the land of gods and monsters, she’s just one more kidnapped woman…one more beauty preyed upon…one more slave to break, punish, and play with…one more pet to do her master’s bidding regardless of the humiliation, the pain, or the manipulation used in her submission.

In the lands of gods and monsters, she’s a pawn, a plaything, a lesser being, and she lives and breathes that inferiority every day and the fact that her body submits to her master makes her feel even more insignificant because th
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stolen (The Taken Duet, #1)
  • Depravity (Dahlia Saga #3)
  • Buy My Soul (Sixty Days #2)
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos #2)
  • Don't Say a Word (Requested Trilogy, #1)
  • The Land Where Sinners Atone
  • Devil's Sinner (Fallen Dynasty #3)
  • Devil's Toy (Fallen Dynasty #2)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
  • The Five
  • Own My Soul (Sixty Days #3)
  • NORTH
  • Heartless Prince (Dark Dynasty #1)
  • Vicious King (Dark Dynasty #2)
Carmen Jenner is a USA Today and international bestselling author.

A hardcore red lipstick addict and a romantic at heart, Carmen strives to give her characters the HEA they deserve, but not before ruining their lives completely first … because what’s a happily ever after without a little torture?

Sign up to my newsletter for free books, and exclusive content https://www.subscribepage.com/carmenj...

News & Interviews