Start by marking “Touched” as Want to Read:
Touched

Touched

Sunday is Billy’s day. Sunday is the freshness of baked bread, the earthiness of fresh cut grass, the sweetness of chilled milk. It is a day for the reborn. It’s the day that he takes up his podium and preaches to the parishioners of Liberty, guiding them, advising them, providing them with the soothing they need to face the uncertainties that life invariably dishes up.
Published November 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Touched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched

Start your review of Touched
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: taboo
A taboo short filled with just enough push and pull between the characters. I loved the past interwoven creating the backdrop to the character's bond, breaking the rules society deems appropriate. My thirst was quenched, but I still feel greedy for more. My first read from this author, definitely not going to be my last.

Tantalizing Taboo Treat!
Mandy Verbaan
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a sucker for dark, forbidden romance, I loved the concept of Touched and Ms Jefferies' short story is achingly raw and completely different to anything I've read before. I loved how she tackled the relationship between Max and Billy which takes complexity to a whole new level! I was transported to a hot and sticky world I know nothing about and wished the story could have been longer! I hope there will be a second book that takes us beyond the happy for now.
YaYa
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come.
Meg Chronis
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Touched" is a gritty, edgy story of compulsion and forbidden desire, of longing and of repressed lust. Maxine and Billy – who’s now returned to the town of Liberty as Father Jorge – shared a brief yet explosive past as step-siblings when her mother married his abusive father. It’s a past steeped in violence and fear that has forged a bond between them that compels them to be together, even now, when his vows mark him as off limits.

Because Maxine has “kinaesthetic synesthezia. Or empathy on
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
I loved many things about this story. Firstly it was told in dual POV (present) and 3rd person (past) and it added a whole new dimension to the unfolding story. The chemistry between Maxine and Billy, although was strained in the beginning the strong bond was still there.
I really like the tenacity that Max held onto and followed her heart even if it went against what was expected by society. Rules are made, promises are broken and the will to do what is right thing are truly tested.
I loved a
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This is a shorter book, however it goes from past to present and has darker themes and our main girl has a condition that i had to look up it was that kinda rare.

There is lots of pushing and pulling between Max and Billy, but having been there for each other for a while when children and having more of a connection, this pair were seriously hot for each other and struggled not only within themselves but with each
Joy Westerfield
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by this author and I am in awe of her words. The story of Max and Billy is very emotional. While reading one can actually feel the emotions Max is feeling. She met Billy when she was young and thought he was her protector until one day he was gone. Years later he is back as the new Preacher at her church. What happened to him all those years he was gone? Max still has feelings for him, but knows she shouldn’t act on them. But does she stay away? Does he? I truly enjoyed ...more
Sharonlee Holder
Incredible. Immersive. Riveting…Eerily personal.

The emotional intelligence with which Jefferies has put this novel together is nothing short of masterful. Raw and real with a sensitivity and understanding that respects the difficult topics explored. Touched is a breathtaking presentation of the complicated nature of the relationship between two people caught in the middle of a shitstorm not of their making.

Touched punches you in the gut and stabs you in the heart all while drenching you in
Joan
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very different romance to what I have read previously but did not disappoint! Steamy and gripping, with well-developed characters and an intricate story. Oh and my favourite part - not a damsel in distress being rescued from life. Just two people with their own stories and baggage finding a way to a happily ever after. Yay!
Renate Thompson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A deeply sensual tale of love reborn in the most unlikely of places – there where you’ve lost it. I loved Jefferies’s voice and style of writing – going deep into a personal experience. This one is hot and sizzling and left me begging for more.
Grace
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sizzling taboo story is about two individuals struggling with the intense connection between them despite knowing how wrong that connection might be.

Told primarily from Maxine "Max" Montgomery's POV, this story flips from present and the past, as she fights and embraces her attraction to the man she shouldn't want. William "Billy" Jorge, aka Father Jorge.

It took me some time to figure out the tension between the two characters, other than the physical one. But ultimately, we learn of their
Yvette Brewer
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so hot and dirty

What a great story line I love it!the only thing I didn't like was it was to short but overall I loved it!
Tamara Ketter

• Wedding Season: A Collection of Romance Reads
  • The Five
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Twisted Sacrament
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)
  • Last of the Summer Vines
  • Wrath (The Elite Seven, #3)
  • Gluttony (The Elite Seven, #5)
  • Bastards & Whiskey (Top Shelf #1)
  • Sucker Punch
  • Envy (The Elite Seven, #4)
  • Tragic Beauty (Beauty & The Darkness, #1)
  • Vow of Sacrifice (Vow, #5)
  • Island Roots
  • The Baby Bargain
  • The Perks of Being a Duchess (Middleton Book 2)
  • Sloth (The Elite Seven, #6)
  • An Invitation to Marriage (Middleton Series Book 1)
D'you know what's better than reading books? Writing them. Can't think of anything else I'd rather do (maybe chocolate eating or getting my butt kicked at jiu jitsu).

For the lovers out there, I write romance. What kind of romance? Contemporary - erotic, dark, and chick litl. I'm a member of the Romance Writers Organisation of South Africa (ROSA), and was lucky enough to win their 2016 Imbali award