Start by marking “The Heart of a Leader” as Want to Read:
The Heart of a Leader

The Heart of a Leader

INFLUENCE IS AN ART!<br><br>Millions of people have improved their leadership style and "people skills" after reading Ken Blanchard's best-selling book The One-Minute Manager.<br><br>Now, Blanchard helps us discover the art of influence through the greatest life and leadership lessons he's learned in his rich career a ...more
Published June 1st 1999 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of a Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of a Leader

Josh Josh
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s not in tune with our time!
Amin elahifard
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
عنوان:جوهره مدیریت؛ نویسنده: کنت بلانچارد؛ مترجم: بابک واحدی؛ ناشر: انتشارات سپید؛ در 168 ص؛ موضوع: روانشناسی، در این کتاب کنت بلانچارد در پی آن است که هنر تأثیرگذاری را به ما بیاموزد و این مقصود را از طریق به اشتراک گذاشتن تجارب و درس  هایی که در زندگی موفق خود، به عنوان یک آموزگار و رهبر شغلی آموخته است به پیش می  برد. بازتاب دیدگاه  ها و منطق وی در گزینش ارزش  ها، حرکت به سوی تعالی، دستیابی به کمال، جستجوی اراده  ای برای تغییر و یاری رساندن به کارکنان در دستیابی به پتانسیل  های  شان می  باشد. ...more
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great little slogans and snippets of leadership, humility and success. A must read for any person in business. I'm bringing this to work to have on my desk. Inspirational.
Shahriar Kabir
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Mostly Kenneth Blanchard made this book of a special collection of his quotes from his other books. As I have read such kinda books previously, then it wasn't too much special to me. The lines of this kinda books are strong when it is read. The difference is with the sustainability with the words to be grasped by the readers.
All in all, these lines may improvise readers, but they aren't the major cause that can make a reader move on. It's his action those needs to be faced by the real incidence
Egbert Schröer
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The Heart Of A Leader” is a collection of quotes and insights from Ken Blanchard which go right to the heart of a leader.

Blanchard uses the phrase “an effective leader.” The reason why is that in his mind, an effective leader engages his heart first to serve those whom he leads.

Throughout his career, Blanchard has partnered with some amazingly insightful co-authors to bring a fresh perspective on how leaders can lead best from the heart. Many of these co-authors are featured in “The Heart Of A
Ed Barton
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Collection

A nice collection of quotes, vignettes and insights from many of Blanchard’s books. Focusing on others, and integrating elements of leadership from Jesus to Jack Welch, the book is a useful and interesting read.
Dima Shevchuk
Книга представляет собой конспект советов для руководителей и координаторов по мотивации коллектива на лучшие результаты. Никакого rocket science, простые и иногда банальные советы, которые собраны в одном месте
Kurtis Keithley
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy and quick read

Enjoyed reading this book very much. It gave me insight on what I need to work on as a Leader and also what I've been doing right as a leader which will help me grow recognizing both.
Mustafa
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book contains valuable leadership tips.
Pieter Kriel
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Goeie insig oor hoe om jouself te meet as ‘n leier.
Ann Fleming
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good, common sense approaches to leadership
Hannah Hernández
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great wisdom,insights and advice to be a good and excellent leader not just in business but in life!
Frank Chirico
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great book and a book that should be read as a devotional for management and employee alike. It set up so easy in bite-sized pieces so that you can meditate on what you read and really apply it to your life. It's also well written in that there's no haughty words nor small vocabulary. Anyone from eighth grade to end of life should be able to read this with ease.

The only thing I did not like about the book was that he mentions Norman Vincent Peale a lot. He is the creator of
Warren Benton
Rating 3.25

This is set up not to read straight through but more as a quick reference guide. each idea has a quote then the following pages emphasizes the idea. Most of the ideas are broad but still very relatable to leadership. All of the quotes come from many of the books Blanchard has written or has read.

Some quotes from the book that I particularly enjoyed:

People with humility don't think less of themselves, they just think of themselves less.

What you resist, persist. Until you deal with the
Bob Clarkson
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ken Blanchard hit the news as I was just entering the lower rungs of middle management and his "One Minute Manager" inspired an adjustment in my management style. I followed Mr. Blanchard and his colleague's until the day I retired in business. I continue to follow his principles in my personal life every day.

I gave each of the new managers subordinate to me a copy of that book, and subsequently others in the Blanchard library.

It made me very happy when I heard that one of my former subordinates
Mel
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is comprised of some of the most influential leadership quotes that Dr. Blanchard has come across or developed. The format of the book is very reader-friendly. Dr. Blanchard features the sayings and writes a commentary of the quote. These commentaries are short and are filled with Christian advice.

In my opinion, I consider all of us as leaders. Whether you are a parent, and/or work in business or ministry we all have the ability to influence others. I would recommend this book to every
Ramon
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a quick, powerful read, then this is the book for you. Ken Blanchard takes a quote and expounds on it in one page. His style is simple. His content is good. He has a handle of the material. He is able to direct you to other works that deal with each subject more thoroughly. This is a good book for anybody looking to get a quick dose of motivation and a look at the heart if leadership.
Holly
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it

He says "one minute" leadership, I say "toilet reader" book of leadership. I mean no disrespect, honestly. But the super short quote and one page description or example format didn't really do it for me. There is definitely good advice in here, but the brevity of the lessons made it a book of one-liners rather than actual advice and guidance. It definitely is a quick read! Just make sure you check this one out from the library...
Jerry Goidosik
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good principles but really a desktop book that you can pull small nuggets out of over a long period of time. Biggest takeaway is page 98-101 situational leadership "different strokes for different folks" and that it is better to start tough than get soft in your management style than the other way around. .
JC
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first sight this book seems simplistic and cheap wisdom. Don't let the format of the book fool you and keep on reading. The book is filled with "simple truths" about leadership.

Blanchard did a great job communicating important concepts in a very easy way.

The book can be read in a day but most pages can take months or years to master.
Chuck
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This book would have been great if put into calendar form. Short daily tips on leadership that can be read and reflected on for a day.

I felt there was a lot of good content, well organized, and nicely presented. However, at the end of the day it's a "best of" quotes from other books by the author.
Ganesh Ramakrishnan
Short book with a format that contains one quote on leadership (mostly from Ken Blanchard's One Minute Manager series) and a few thoughts that this long-time leadership consultant has to offer.

Not too preachy, quite practical and insightful. I really loved the one about tight control first and then loosening versus the opposite.
Nyioh
Aug 12, 2008 rated it liked it
this is the first non fiction English book that i read.

very simple and really inspire

"anything worth doing does not have to be done perfectly at first" after read this phase is like a bang in head.

may be is will be suitable for other people that think they are perfectionism.
Maria
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Favorite quote: "You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life and get pats on your back as you pass, but your final reward will be heartaches and tears if you've cheated the man in the glass." ~Dale Wimbrow
Elijah C
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring action steps

The inspiring quote followed by easy to follow advice was refreshing and challenging. This book has motivated me to study my own habits and style of leadership and strive to do better.
John Douglas
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great easy and refreshing read - chrystiazed wisdom; well worth an annual "re-read"
Csparrenberger
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable. Lots of good common sense advice.
Melly *
Apr 06, 2008 rated it liked it
jangan bekerja lebih keras-- bekerjalah lebih cerdas!
hehehe...
Asiwaju Oluseun
i want to read.
Carolina Marín Cárdenas
This book has great sentences.
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • The Twenty-Piece Shuffle: Why the Poor and Rich Need Each Other
  • CrossTalk: Where Life & Scripture Meet
  • The Juggling Act: Bringing Balance to Your Faith, Family, and Work
  • Church Zero: Raising 1st Century Churches out of the Ashes of the 21st Century Church
  • The Power of Four: Leadership Lessons of Crazy Horse
  • That's a Great Question: What to Say When Your Faith Is Questioned
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Battle Ready: Prepare to Be Used by God (Bold Man Of God, #1)
  • Better: How Jesus Satisfies the Search for Meaning
  • Confidence of a Champion: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be by Letting Go of Lies from the Past
  • Building Up One Another
  • Replant: How a Dying Church Can Grow Again
  • Fight: A Christian Case for Non-Violence
  • Living a Prayerful Life
  • The Wiersbe Bible Study Series: Hebrews: Live by Faith, Not by Sight
  • The Power of Suffering: Strengthening Your Faith in the Refiner's Fire (Macarthur Study Series)
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
“An effective leader must step back, look at the big picture, and make sure the important things are not being pushed out of the way by the seemingly urgent needs of the moment.” 5 likes
“Anytime you use your influence to affect the thoughts and actions of others, you are engaging in leadership.” 3 likes