Start by marking “Fire & Ice: The Kindred Woods (Fire & Ice, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fire & Ice: The Kindred Woods (Fire & Ice, #3)

Fire & Ice: The Kindred Woods (Fire & Ice, #3)

“Doubt and fear are enemies of the strongest warriors and queens, and only the foolish are immune. When there is nowhere else to turn, these demons must be faced with a lethal sword.”

The return of the Lost Dreamer brings change to the lives of the Elementals. His reappearance sends a shockwave across the Gifted realm.

How can a child vanish without a trace, and return afte
Published May 1st 2019 by Fire Opal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fire & Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire & Ice

Start your review of Fire & Ice: The Kindred Woods (Fire & Ice, #3)
Millie Florence
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-kid-authors
Fire and Ice the Kindred Woods takes a turn for the intense and suspenseful. This book, like the other books in the series, is lovely and magical, with great potential. However, much of that potential isn’t being fully realized. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the book, and I hope to see more of this series’ potential put into use in the final volume.
Charlotte
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this, especially in the later half of the story when things took quite an unexpected turn! It's awesome to see the author grow and hone her story craft with each book (this is my favorite of the three so far since each just gets better than the last) and I very much so look forward to the next (and I think last?) book in the series!
Fran Comesanas
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms Forbes doesn't disappoint with the third addition to the Fire & Ice series. Absolutely wonderful. The entire series is appropriate for all ages. The Kindred Woods is a natural escalation to a story that has become like present day memories of impending doom not yet come to pass. I would highly recommend this book, as well as the rest of the series. 5 stars. -F. ...more
Ashley Canning
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome third book in this series. I just can’t wait for the next one!!! It left with an awesome cliffhanger.
Roisin Alexis
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin never fails to amaze me with her prose and descriptions. Through reading each word of The Kindred Woods, I could very easily see the little pieces of her heart that she has left behind in this novel. There was a new surprise and a new delight with every chapter. I laughed and I cried. The Kindred Woods is my favorite installment of the Fire and Ice series and I cannot wait to read what comes next.
Nathalie
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I must say, from the entire Fie & Ice series, The Kindred Woods is by far my favourite! The first two were wonderful, and Erin knows exactly how to make your mind wander in the enchanted places of Aisling, but so much happens in this third part.

The first half of the book fits perfectly into the world of The Elementals (#1) and The Lost Dreamer (#2). The magical and Gifted realm, the discriptions... and of course, all the lovely characters have returned. Alice and Emery are wiser, and I feel like
Zoe Anastasia
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love what Erin did with the climax and it had a twist that I wasn’t expecting, but made it even better. However, the beginning of the book doesn’t have much suspense and action to make it a page turner. I wish more questions were raised to pull me into the book and create more conflict. The writing is beautiful (although confusing at times) and I loved many of the descriptions. All in all, I give it 3.5 stars.
Gabriella Slade
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon :D
LaNona
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

I really wish I'd gotten a hold of this book when I was younger, it's just one of those books that leave you with an impression. And I know it's one that while I enjoy it now I would've loved it immensely if I'd found it even sooner!
In this third installment, we follow the Hanley sisters with their close friends as they try to uncover sinister plots against the Realm of Aisling and their school for the Gifted. The girls have grown up a bit, but are still very curious and noble in wan
Danae
May 18, 2020
Grace
Apr 26, 2019
Erin Forbes
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: teen-authors
Brooke H
May 13, 2019

• Great Women Paperdolls
  • Crossed (Matched, #2)
  • Noughts & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses, #1)
  • Wood Spirits and Green Men: A Design Sourcebook for Woodcarvers and Other Artists
  • Being Adam Golightly: A true account of grief observed through laughter, love and grit
  • The Elements of Style
  • One Kitten for Kim
  • When Brains Collide: What Every Athlete and Parent Should Know About the Prevention and Treatment of Concussions and Head Injuries
  • Bizarre Books: A Compendium of Classic Oddities
  • Sketch Now, Think Later:Jump into Urban Sketching with Limited Time, Tools, and Techniques
  • Forgive for Good: A Proven Prescription for Health and Happiness
  • Maud: Illustrated Diary
  • Evolutionary Psychology 101
  • The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook: Guided Practice in the Five Basic Skills of Drawing
  • The Butterfly Lions
  • Why I Live at the P.O. and Other Stories
  • The Simple Screamer: A Guide to the Art of Papier and Cloth Mâché
  • How to Win Arguments Without Arguing:: Socratic Jujitsu
Erin Forbes discovered her passion for literature at a very early age. Since the date of her first publication, her work has spread to readers across the globe, and her books have developed an international fanbase. She is known for her vivid descriptions and fantastical fiction. When she is not reading and writing, Erin enjoys art, nature, music, dance, and riding her horse. She lives on a small ...more

News & Interviews