Start by marking “Swan Lake (Swan Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Swan Lake (Swan Series #1)

Swan Lake

(Swan Series #1)

The Swan is not as innocent as she appears...

Doubts and fears of her own making have kept April a prisoner of her mind for far too long. Her promising ballet career was halted after a violent attack, forcing her into a rehabilitation facility to cope with her crushing emotional pain. Now, eager for a fresh start, she battles to hide her daily struggles under an ill-fitting
Published December 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Swan Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swan Lake

Start your review of Swan Lake (Swan Series #1)
Katie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: Romantically Inclined Reviews

I remember seeing the movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman and staring, in horror, at the screen as the movie delved further and further into madness. Sometimes I think about that hangnail scene and want to die. Thankfully, Swan Lake by L.B. Alexander has no such scene (although I will admit to being nervous the entire time I was reading because I was afraid something like it would happen).

If you have absolut
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This book caught my attention from the first page. I honestly turned every page with anticipation wondering what would happen next. The characters fit within the story. Their parts, when they interact, go very well.

In the beginning April is treated as if she is fragile and sick. Her family loves her but at the same time she’s kind of annoying to them because she has been sickly. April gets a job and is pretty much hired on the spot. Her boss, William, has been accused of sexual as
Kerry Melton
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swan Lake is an extraordinary story of a young woman named April. She is beyond broken. April has a profound psychological/emotional condition and aches to be normal.

Willian Wolfe is owner/ CEO of Wolfe enterprise. He is incredibly intense, dark and handsomely devilish. He has a reputation which isn’t what it seems, but he’s far from a prince.

William is struggling with keeping his distance from April. He wants to make a claim on her but is she willing to let him? William is like the Big Bad Wolf
Katie L.
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my top reads of the last few years! I couldn’t put it down. If this author isn’t a ballerina with a fine arts degree, I’d be surprised. I’d also be lying if I didn’t admit that I had to look up some of the words and references she uses. But I love that! Push my limits! The sex scenes are top notch and not overdone in quantity or scene. I loved both the h and the H; they truly accepted each other as they are. I’m not really “into” BDSM, but it made sense in this book, and was so well done. ...more
Elle Greco
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What it is
After a severe injury ends April’s professional ballet career, she returns home to Los Angeles to pick up the pieces of her life. She lands a job as an assistant to the mysterious billionaire William Wolfe and the two begin an erotically charged pas de deux.

Why I love it
Oh God, where to begin? The writing is simply beautiful. Lyrical and effortless, just like a great ballet. I was drawn into this sumptuous underworld, where pain and pleasure meet to bring a form of healing. April’s anx
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Top Pick of 2018!
It's hard to believe Swan Lake by LB Alexander is debut novel. It reads like a well seasoned author wrote it. Ingeniously written and thoroughly captivating.
It's dark and mysterious synopsis is what caught my attention, but did little to prepare me for the journey it would take me on. A unique and eloquent story that is filled with vivid details, strokes of darkness and absolute beauty. It's emotional as well as salacious. Swan Lake is a unfathomable love story about two extre
Michelle Morgan
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
William Wolfe, of The Wolfe Group, is the alpha hero that sells romance novels, especially those tending toward the erotic side, but former ballet dancer, April Ekdahl, is the smart, classy, resilient heroine that female readers need to discover.

Disgraced businessman William Wolfe isn’t the man you’d think he is, and as his layers are slowly uncovered, so are the deeper and darker truths that make him simultaneously appealing and frightening. His new assistant’s assistant, April Ekdahl, surpris
Gladys
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Initially I was drawn to this book by the blurb. I enjoy dark, emotional reads with plenty of steam and that is exactly what I got. However, I also got so much more. This book has such beauty and elegance to it. These are not terms that I often use to describe a dark romance. But in this case I truly feel that they apply. There are parts of this book that you will read that will leave you breathless from the beauty and poignancy of the scenes created and stunned by the elegance of the words writ ...more
Kat
Sep 19, 2020 rated it liked it
am back on my dark romance kick, and this one went all the way..

Please note: trigger warnings for mental health and eating disorders

We follow a very broken, emotional heroine whose life has tore her down both mentally and physically. When a violent attack snatches her away from the ballet, this psychological story reaches madness..

Then bring in a dominate, gritty, passionate romance, and I was hooked! If you gravitate towards the BDSM side, this one won’t disappoint. It has all the elements of a
Rach
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
April is a former ballerina who had a fall earlier in the year that left her unable to continue dancing as well as she did. She's been living with her older sister and her fiance while she recovers from injury and an eating disorder. Dan her soon to be brother in law got her an interview that will change her life at the Wolfe group. April is hired and has a reaction from the moment she is in her new bosses presence.

William Wolfe is the oldest of his brothers who runs the Wolfe Group. He has rece
James M
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
L.B. Alexander provides us an amazingly deep love story about two damaged individuals, finding a way to make themselves whole together. Alexander fashions her characters so completely that I wanted to protect our heroine while feeling exceptionally wary of our hero until he won me over. So rare is it than an author can get me to care so deeply about characters that I find myself thinking about them after reading.

Alexander utilizes her obvious knowledge of the Arts to weave a complete world for u
Ewa
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A unique story written beautifully It is also very emotional.
Swan Lake is a love story about two different ,broken people. Both of them are on the other side of spectrum or maybe not.
Outsiders could judge them harshly,yet,to each other they are perfectly transparent and understanding their hurt and desire
He doesn’t judge her for eating disorder because he knows the problem is much deeper. He just feed her...” you are my Swan”
She steps in his world of BDSM with some reservations but open minded.
Sandy
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April is a broken character and she is desperately trying to get her life back. Going to work for William the door is open for this dark fairy tale. The intimacy that the author has written is what I felt the most. As you read, the emotions of anxiety, depression, and horror, hope, and love come out clear. Really good writing and an excellent book but there are parts that may be triggers for some people. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Rosario Barrera
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly haunting and perfectly romantic story, with darkness and light complementing each other. This story was very powerful because of the subjects it dealt with, but they were treated with respect. At first, it took me some time to really feel the story, but, once I did, I just hat to dinish it. Highly recommended.

Cathy Greco
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful novel. I just finished it and I am at a loss as to what I want to say there is just so much. It was beautiful and sad, it touched on many subjects. Ballet is a tricky subject to write about but this was absolutely amazing. It was dark and amazing. The writing style was just wow. I cannot say enough about this book. Read it and enjoy it, it is so worth it.

Jodie
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading new authors, because sometimes you might find a rare gem. Let me tell you LB Alexander will become a household name... just you wait! This story was so good on many different levels and that is why I want to leave this review at that. Read this book and thank me later!

A Best of 2019 in my books. (And life!)
Siyka
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was surprised that it was a debut novel. The style and the intricacy of the language suggest much more.
I liked the characters and the ways we could see in their souls, problems, and wins.
It was an interesting glimpse of a different world.
It was an enchanting adventure!

M L
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh.my.goodness...this book..what a mindf*ck.....I literally could not put it down! The twists and turns, the heart wrenching pain, the incredibly HAWT SEX, I never knew what was going to happen next as I consumed this story page by page....for all the unknowns of this story, I feel something bright coming from within. I can not wait for Book 2!!
Lorely Gonzalez
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A touchy strong romance that not for the fainthearted. Filled with plenty of anguish and steam. But,a has a sensual romance. Contains pain and yet hope . Broken and contains an engrossing tale. A love this read.

CRlovebooks ❤️
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this book was a very interesting story diferente from other topics I ever read before.
I did not expect the story I just read.
This book is truly is something else.
From start to finish I was captivated by the story.
Gail Gibson
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sexy romantic novel that you won't be able to put down. A real page turner, L.B. Alexander delivers at every turn on her debut novel. Can't wait for the second installment of the "Swan Series". A brilliant writer, surely you will blush!!! ...more
AutumnRose
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Top notch read

This was an amazing read! I fell in love with the story and the strength of the heroine...she was amazing!! It was refreshing to read a story that the heroine isn’t perfect and has real life flaws...It was a beautifully written story!
Debbi Taylor
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful read, with well thought out characters that lead you through a beautifully written storyline, plenty to keep you reading to the very last page. I’d definitely recommend this book.

Foxie_bookaddict
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔. 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒕. 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑾𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑺𝒐𝒊𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑨𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑽𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓.
𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏.
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅.
𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕.
𝑫𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏.
𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓.
Image may contain: 3 people, text that says 'Swan Lake Redfox Swan Peak xander'

These two books were a huge surprise for me.
I went blind reading swan lake first and I was blown away.
From the first page, I was hooked.
April and William were more than damaged and more than just characters.
April had issues.
Sue Gaspich
Feb 06, 2021
Eleanor Alice Harris
Oct 09, 2020

• Dirty Judge (Dirty Series #4)
  • Dark Wish (House of Sin, #1)
  • Rowdy Boy (Black Mountain Academy)
  • The Other Side Of Midnight
  • The Collector (The Cells of Kalashov, #1)
  • The Vixen in Red (Bluestockings Defying Rogues Book 8)
  • The Duke's Heart (Distinguished Rogues Book 11)
  • Savored: A Small-Town Contemporary Romance
  • My Name Is Selma: The Remarkable Memoir of a Jewish Resistance Fighter and Ravensbrück Survivor
  • The Professional (A World of Ember novel)
  • Her Cartel Daddy: A Dark Mafia Romance (New York Mafia Doms)
  • A Vow Of Hate
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • Fractured Ties: Boykov Bratva
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Life Begins at 40 - Part Two - No Strings Attached
  • Life Begins at 40 - Part One - Til Death...

Swan Series (2 books)
  • Swan Peak (Swan Series #2)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....