Start by marking “Black Matter: A Techno-thriller (The Black Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Black Matter: A Techno-thriller (The Black Series Book 1)

Black Matter: A Techno-thriller (The Black Series Book 1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  19 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The future is now… it’s terrifying!!!

Imagine if a complete stranger could take control of your mind and body and make you commit heinous crimes. Crimes that you have no memory of committing but no one will believe you because all the evidence points towards you and with mind control only really happening in books and films, it could never happen in reality...

Published January 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Black Matter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Matter

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Black Matter: A Techno-thriller (The Black Series Book 1)
Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review can be found on my blog here: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

.....

Wow what a book! I love a good book that sucks you in and demands your attention right from the very start, and has you hooked to the very end! That is very hard to do and this book did just that for me! I found myself addicted to this book and flying through the chapters, wanting to know what would happen next.

Imagine a world in the future where advances in technology have improved so much that it becomes dangerou
Nicki
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imagine if a complete stranger could take control of your mind and body and make you commit heinous crimes. Crimes that you have no memory of committing but no one will believe you because all the evidence points towards you and mind control only happens in books and films. It could never happen in reality....right

Getting the Inter-body Profiling Examination Application (IPEA) implant was supposed to enhance Tommy McGregor's health and wellbeing. Make him healthier,better looking and live foreve
Sharon
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The effects of technology in this world will have a negative impact on us some day, the terrifying thing is… the future is now!"

What would you do if you were accused of committing heinous crimes you don't remember?

Tommy McGregor, health fanatic with a good office job, is excited about getting the new Intra-body Profiling Examination Application (IPEA), an implant that is attached to his central nervous system which is designed to track one's health stats on one's mobile phone.  Little did he kn
Fany van  hemelen
Tommy MCGregor is a health freak who wants to make his well-being even better than it already is. To achieve this he takes an IPEA (Intra Body Profiling Examination Application). This is an implant that is connected through his central nervous system and will monitor several functions in his body and send the results to his mobile phone. The high-tech innovation is an asset to make his life even more comfortable. When we want something we didn’t always got what we ask and in this case the impact ...more
K.L. Thorne
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be given a pre-release copy of this book by the author. If you love a good present day sci-fi thriller, look no further! I was on the edge of my seat throughout and am now desperately awaiting book two! Couldn't put it down, a real five star effort by G.D. Parker!
Caroline Venables
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the premise is really good.  Plus it's not hard to envision it actually happening.

Now people have fitbits, now update to an implant that ensures you have an more accurate reading of your health and wellbeing.  The implant links to your phone and tells you how much to drink, eat and sleep.  It helps to maximise your life.  Now imagine if someone else can access this implant?

Tommy decides in order to get healthier to have an implant, it turns out to be the worst dec
Christine Lough
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is “OH MY GOODNESS!” This book is mind blowing! I couldn’t put the book down even for a second; I read it in one day! This is an awesome crime thriller with a hint of sci-fi which I found really interesting. I like feeling fear surging through my body as I read, and this author knows how to capture that emotion because I was terrified! What made the book even more scary is that it was very realistic, there is a high possibility that the things that happened in the story could a ...more
Rebecca
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
"Black Matter" is like a story from Black Mirror, a frightening peek at where technology may take us. When Tommy McGregor gets an implant to track his health statistics he never imagined the tragic consequences. The premise is great but the writing could do with a little work - 3 stars from me.

My full review is up on my blog here: https://whatrebeccasread.wordpress.co...
Jessica Belmont
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is terrifying because GD Parker has crafted this so well, it really could happen. I’m unnerved and wanting more. It’s only January, and I am already saying Black Matter is one of my favorite reads of 2019!

The narrator changes a lot, but this novel is so well written that I wasn’t confused in the slightest. Every character is well rounded and discernable. Some were likeable and some gave me chills.

The action and suspense of this novel had me on the edge of my seat. I avsolutely could no
Alfred Nobile
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, futuristic
A debut novel by G.D. Parker. What a debut! Part crime, part sci-fi . More later on the blog tour.
Rebecca
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Technology is all around us, whether we recognise it or not. You wake up first thing to an alarm, probably set on one electronic device or another (or several, if you’re a perpetual “snoozer”). Maybe you surf the internet, turn on the TV or listen to music. Those signals are all around us, communicating to our devices 24 hours a day. It has become so commonplace that I, for the most part, don’t think about it. I just take it for granted.

What if the use of one of these devices started to manipul
Jo - Cup of Toast
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Feeling reminiscent of an episode of Black Mirror, Parker swiftly dives into an age where technology has advanced to help us maintain a healthy lifestyle. Combining vital information from your own body with an advice based app this highly personalised system has mass appeal. What if it falls into the wrong hands though, and whose hands are they? What limits can it go to, to wreak havoc, destruction and even death.

This page turner thriller isn’t my normal preferred reading material but I was hook
Megan
Feb 01, 2019
Abbey Trone
Oct 15, 2019
Kyle Laden
Jul 05, 2019
Sroth
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2019
mark schmuck
is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2019
What did you like the most about this book? 1 2 Jan 29, 2019 02:06PM

• Karma Never Loses an Address (Lies and Misdirection, #3)
  • Dark & Fluffy: Volume II
  • Justice Gone
  • Knowing You
  • Thicker Than Water (The Village, #1)
  • Sea of Lies (The Village Book, #2)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • The Snowman of Zanzibar (Jason Green Series, #1)
  • You Can't Make Old Friends (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective #1)
  • The Talisman- Molly's Story  (Life on the Moors, #2)
  • Choose Your Parents Wisely (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective #2)
  • The Ghostly Father
  • The Suspects
  • A Matter of Latitude
  • A Heart in the Right Place
  • Smile Of The Stowaway
  • Mask of the Gods (The Mask Chronicles, #1)
  • The Plastic Seed
Parker is a new author, he had not written a word until the age of thirty-six when he decided to change his life and write his first novel, ‘Black Matter’. Currently working within the management structure for a large organisation, Parker has been working since he was 16 years old - on the bins, McDonalds and factory work.

His novels are set in the crime, thriller genre but has an added twist of S

News & Interviews