Start by marking “Trespass” as Want to Read:
Trespass

Trespass

An adrenaline pumping, nerve wracking, intense thiller that will leave you breathless. Frank took his son hunting and what was supposed to be a pleasant time of bonding turned into an absolute nightmare. Out in the middle of nowhere, on their own property, They stumble upon a group of trespassers trying to get rid of a secret so damning they're willing to kill anyone that ...more
Published November 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Trespass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trespass

Start your review of Trespass
AussieMum
Pussies & fairies & vaginas, oh my. Toxic masculinity meets murder...

This is approx 70 pages and the game of cat and mouse in the final third did have tension and some heart stopping moments, but overall I never got past how unappealing the author made Frank as a protagonist. It was only a few sentences of “banter” in the beginning but the author could have gotten the same point across without being both homophobic and insulting to women. YMMV.
Kristina Gallo
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a shitty day as the author said at the beginning of the story. The first intention was hunting deers, but it turned in the nightmare. This story took a deep impact on me, I had felt like I am on the roller coaster waiting to fall down. Frank has survival instinct but love for his son keeps him in the game because bad guys will do everything to destroy him. He found something that should not be discovered and he did not mind his business, now he needs to pay. Funny nicknames The bearded ma ...more
Tim
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trespass is a short sharp stab of a thriller that makes the heart race. The action and tension in the book doesn’t let up from the first page to the last. This novella contains interesting characters but it’s greatest strength is the action and cat and mouse game. This story shows what it is like when the hunters become the hunted. I highly recommend this book.
Jennie Rosenblum
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an intense read of basically one event that happens over an afternoon when a traditional hunting trip turns ugly. Any parent will be pulled into the heart-wrenching decisions that the main character, Frank goes through. I read it in one sitting as I was not going to leave the characters in the woods without finding out the ending.
John
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Story - 3.9 Stars
Narration - 4.5 Stars

Good story. Fast, brutal, and painful. Nearly the entire story was action and suspense. Gory, but I didn't cringe. This one went by quickly.

Recommended especially if you don't hunt. ;)
Justin M.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick brutal thriller about some guys who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time while out on a hunting trip. Miller knows how to build the tension and drive it home with an emotional punch. I’ll be reading more from him!
timj26
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Survival thriller that will have you thinking twice about hunting
Well narrated and fast paced definitely check this one out
I received a free review audiobook and voluntarily left this review
Rachel Dawn Drenning
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an intense thriller. Loved every moment of it. Mr. Miller knows how to set your nerves on edge.
Serenity
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good

The story did have you holding your breath with anticipation at times. The story had some repetitive phrases throughout it. I would have 4 starred the book, but I did not like the disrespect shown to women and homosexuals. I understand that there are many "mancho" guys out there that act that ignorant, but I think the author could have used different methods to convey their discrimination.
Christina Eleanor
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book on my way to and from work each day. I had no idea what it was about and was kind of dreading it once it started. But I hung in there. I am a city girl through and through. I have never hunted or done anything like that before. That being said, I really liked this book!

The story is about a group of men that go out on a hunting trip utilizing a lease purchased by one of the men. The build up and anticipation of all characters is great! While on their lease, they run into
R.S.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short, but fast passed brutal read. Definitely not for the squeamish.

I'm usually not a fan of short stories or novellas; however, this was a breath of fresh air and a cure to the reading funk I was in.
This read was brutal. Miller is definitely a creative and dark writer, mixing brutal imagery with beautiful wording in a voice and style very much his own.
He definitely painted characters I hated and loved to hate in this story of a parent's worst nightmare come to life, and what a parent would
Eleanor Merry
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Was not disappointed with this read.
Went quite quickly, not terribly long, however in a short span you are quickly involved in the lives of Frank and Cory. The visuals were incredibly vivid and the anxiety of finding out what will happen to these characters stays with you until the end. In particular as a parent this is a horrifying book.
Would absolutely recommend to any horror or thriller lovers. 5/5
Rebecca Larsen
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars

A fast-paced, gripping tale of terror. This is one book you won't want to put down. I can't wait to see what Miller comes up with next.
Booklover
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent narration by Tim Halligan brought this up to 4 stars.
faded.mage
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was like a punch to the face, quick, intense and brutal. I was not expecting that! I’m anxious to read more from Chris Miller.
Philip
Nov 02, 2020
Sid Stiles
Mar 28, 2019
Kristy
Nov 02, 2019
Neil Wright
rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2020
Dec 25, 2020
jennet wheatstonelllsl
Jul 09, 2020
Chris Miller
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Paul

• Unhinged - Tales of Darkness and Terror
  • The Third Grave
  • Halloween Fiend
  • Cannibal Creek
  • The Sick House (The Ulrich Files #1)
  • Closing Time and Other Stories
  • The China Doll
  • The Late Breakfasters and Other Strange Stories
  • Claw Hammer
  • We Don't Talk About Her
  • Village of the Mermaids
  • The Comeback
  • The Lurking Fear and Other Stories
Chris Miller is a native Texan who has been writing from an early age. He began publishing in 2017 with his first novel, A Murder of Saints, and since then he has published several novels—including the Amazon bestselling Splatter Western, Dust—and has also been inducted into many anthologies. When not writing, Chris enjoys playing guitar, watching movies, and reading. He is first and foremost a fa ...more