Start by marking “Facing A Twisted Judgment (Lies and Misdirection, #2)” as Want to Read:
Facing A Twisted Judgment (Lies and Misdirection, #2)

Facing A Twisted Judgment

(Lies and Misdirection #2)

Guilty until proven Innocent

What happens when tunnel vision clouds a police investigation? Is it true that once you are labeled a person of interest you really are the prime suspect? Can you trust the legal system? Probably not.

Published November 16th 2018 by KJRM Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Facing A Twisted Judgment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facing A Twisted Judgment

DJ Sakata
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

I saw Mary raise her middle finger ever so slightly from the table in Jackson’s direction, and he got the meaning. Lee’s mouth twitched with a smile. Apparently, Mary and Jackson had their own form of nonverbal communication they were comfortable with.

I had to admit, Mary was not only a hoot, but also a bright woman. The fact that she looked like the mother in The Golden Girls TV show and wore ridiculously thick black owl eyeglasses gave her an edge at disarming peop
Alex ♈
What a ride! 😎

Liked this book a lot. Interesting, well-paced and intelligently written suspense. Research done well. Respect!

Highly unlikable villain character. Despite an odd and slightly cliffysh ending, he got what he deserved. Fucking manipulator and cheater.
I hope the 'twist' will be solved in the next book. (view spoiler)

Mary wasn't present a lot. It's a shame, I fl
Kirsty ❤️
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was quite the thought provoking book as the team of investigators are looking into whether the unlikable and underhand husband is a murderer and/or art thief. I really hoped he had and would get his comeuppance and without giving anything away he does...but the way in which it happens is quite sublime and I loved it.

I liked the insurance investigation element of this thriller. It's not something I've read much of in my previous crime reading so it added an extra bit for me and I really enj
Nicki
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Opportunistic Attorney Alexander Clarke couldn't understand,let alone believe how swiftly his perfect life had crumbled apart around him. Everything had been going to plan,he had helped Samantha Bennington win a bitterly contested legal battle over her inheritance from her late father. Then he had married the woman and was using all his powers of persuasion to convince her to put her art collection that was worth thirty millions dollars up for auction. Only while he was away on business for a fe ...more
Stephanie Dagg
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really cunning and clever mystery with a cast of some truly ghastly but fascinating characters! There are, of course, the good guys too and these are equally as interesting, particularly Dalia, the insurance investigator, and Tyler, the cop.

The story begins and ends from the point of view of Alex, our main suspect, but most of it is narrated by Dalia. She gives us an insight into the complicated business of insurance for highly valuable items, and with her sharp, incisive mind she con
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story and after seeing the cover and the blurb I knew I would be in for a treat – it is a great thriller with plenty of mystery thrown in!

The book is well written and it flows very well, it started off a little bit slow but it soon picked up and after a few chapters I found the plot to be quite addictive and finished the book in the afternoon after I had started it in the morning. It was one of those books that I was thinking about af
Heidi
I received a copy of this in order to take part in the blog tour. This has not influenced my rating.

This is a crime novel from a very different perspective. We follow the story from two points of view: one an investigator from an insurance firm looking into the disappearance of some major artworks, and the other the husband of the missing woman and suspected of her murder.

We see how pre-conceived notions can influence an investigation, and how difficult it is to shake suspicion.

This is an inter
Eileen Richards
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well paced look at what happens when an investigation reaches a dubious conclusion. Ms. McGillick 'paints a picture' of circumstantial evidence in a case with a missing wife and millions of dollars in stolen art.

The characters are well drawn, especially Mary, my personal favorite, and you will find yourself quickly turning the pages to see what the characters do and say next. This one is alot of fun.

I'm looking forward to reading more in this series to follow these characters as they t
Steph Warren
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Facing a Twisted Judgment is a police procedural / legal / private investigator crime thriller. It is the second in a series, but can be read as a stand-alone book (as I did) with no issues at all.

The story is mainly told from the viewpoint of Dalia who has given up a legal career and promptly fallen into helping investigate
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
You can find all my reviews on my blog!

My usual reads are chick lit so I jumped at the chance to read something different to my usual and I am so glad I did.

This is the second in a series however like I did, you can also read this as a standalone. I never felt once that I had missed out on anything from the first book. This was my first K. J. McGillick and it will not be my last, I have already planned to go back and read the first book.

This thriller, mys
L.S.
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read a few books by this author before, so I jumped at the chance to be on the blog tour for this one. I was not disappointed.

The story is told in first person, mainly from Dalia's viewpoint (she's the former ADA who is looking for a change of direction - and she visits friends only to get sucked into a mystery that could provide the very change she needs, both on the job front and romantically).

Occasionally, there are some chapters giving Alex's viewpoint - as the main suspect, he offers t
Christie72
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! What a book! I was completely intrigued from the beginning until the very end!!!!

Dalia has recently left her job, and she is thinking of what she wants to do with her life. She is even considering doing some traveling. However, a case has been dropped in her lap if she wants it. She loves a puzzle, and if there was a case that was a puzzle, it’s definitely this one. Samantha Bennington has disappeared along with art totaling around one hundred thirty million. Her husband, Alex, is becom
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so Facing A Twisted Judgment is 100% a mystery, so I'm going to give a bare bones description because of that fact, just so I don't give any clues away. There's Attorney Alexander Clarke, who helped Samantha Bennington win a legal battle, then married her. Already sounds shady right? Well, while he's away, she disappears with the paintings that he convinced her to put up for auction. More shade, and now guess who the prime suspect is? Yep him, which is not hard to believe, and yet, hard to ...more
Caroline Venables
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really good read. The story is well written and it is evident that the author understands the law well.  The detail is however, not overwhelming and doesn’t stop the flow of the story.
Alexander Clarke is a greedy man, who uses women to increase his bank balance.  Money is his number one priority, so when his wealthy wife disappears with millions of pounds of her treasured art collection, he becomes the police’s prime suspect.
Dalia Grey is renown for her art knowledge and is bought in b
Laurie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a slow read for me because there was so much detail about art theft and art history. There were also many different characters involved with different jobs trying to catch a killer. The police were focused on one particularly nasty suspect while the art investigators had many other avenues to pursue.

I thought the novel was very well laid out and as the tension intensified everyone seemed to be following their own agenda. I had a difficult time accepting that Mary, an elderly investigato
Jessica Belmont
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Facing A Twisted Judgement is a thought-provoking, fast-paced thriller that had me flipping the pages quickly. There is lots of drama to keep the reader guessing and an ending that I never saw coming.

The characters were interesting. And I loved the theme of "guilty until proven innocent," vibe this story had. Every word drove the story forward, and I'm a new fan of K. J. McGillick and her writing.

Highly recommended!

*I received this book as part of a blog tour. All opinions are my own.*
Kaili Taghon  (Entertainingly Nerdy)
This book is really good! It started off a bit slow but after a couple of chapters in it really picked up. The ending made me mad but in a good way because I wasn't really expecting it. I hope K. J. McGillick comes out with a second book for this! If you are wanting to see my complete review it will be out on December 5th at entertaininglynerdy.com.
Linda Lampman
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable. Love the writing style. Characters are well developed and the plot moves along with very little repetition or superfluous fillers. Keeps you wondering right up to the end. Editing was excellent. This is book 2 in a series and book 1 was every bit as good. I am now reading book 3 and don't want to put it down.
mary wells
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Facing a Twisted Justice

This book was interesting enough and a good story. I didn’t like that it drug on a little too much on some of the points . I thought it ended abruptly to lead to buying the next book.
Patricia Bowen
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: friend-books
A great read. The plot twists definitely keep the pages turning. And the characters are interesting, complex and lively, especially Mary... I want to BE Mary when I get old. I'm going back and reading every one of this writer's books.
Heather Wamboldt
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger ahead...

Facing A Twisted Judgment is the second book in the Lies and Misdirection series. I really enjoyed this book except for the cliffhanger. The characters were well developed and interesting. Mary was the best and was a real character herself! The storyline was well written and had lots of intrigue and twists and turns. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. 4.5*
Billie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guilty until proven Innocent
After a bitterly contested legal battle over inherited property, the hard-won art collection and its owner Samantha Bennington disappear. Both have vanished without a trace.
When blood spatter is discovered under the freshly painted wall of the room in which two of the pai
Bev
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, have-read
I liked the characters and their 'personalities' in the book. They were comical at times even though this is a mystery book. What I didn't like is the cliff hanger to the next book. I don't like them in books, and I don't care if it is a series. This is one story in a series, it should end and another one begins. The storyline is a bit wordy, but it gets the point across. I did enjoy the story just not the ending so much. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from Booksprout but also purcha ...more
Sharon
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cleverly written plot that I found very engaging and a page-turner till the very end. I loved the plot and I love this author’s writing technique. The characters are well-rounded and have believable dialogue and actions. A wonderful mystery.

Kindal
francis ali
Mar 16, 2019
Lamar
Nov 27, 2018
Kathleen McGillick is an author of fast paced mystery, suspense and thriller novels. Her fascination with the genre reaches back to her childhood when she read every Nancy Drew book she could find. This, one could say, laid the foundation for her future love of all things mystery and who dun it's.

Although she has lived in Georgia for over thirty-five years and is practicing attorney in the Metro A

Lies and Misdirection (5 books)
  • The Last Lie She Told (Lies and Misdirection, #1)
  • Karma Never Loses an Address (Lies and Misdirection, #3)
  • Trust Me (Lies and Misdirection, #4)
  • Duality (Lies and Misdirection, #5)