Start by marking “Pumpkin Heads” as Want to Read:
Pumpkin Heads

Pumpkin Heads

Deja and Josiah are seasonal best friends.

Every autumn, all through high school, they’ve worked together at the best pumpkin patch in the whole wide world. (Not many people know that the best pumpkin patch in the whole wide world is in Omaha, Nebraska, but it definitely is.) They say good-bye every Halloween, and they’re reunited every September 1.

But this Halloween is dif
Expected publication: August 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Pumpkin Heads, please sign up.
Jeni Nope. Rowell has a two book deal with First Second books writing a graphic novel, the first of which is a collaboration with Hicks. She ALSO is…moreNope. Rowell has a two book deal with First Second books writing a graphic novel, the first of which is a collaboration with Hicks. She ALSO is writing the new run of Runaways, which is going to be published in traditional comic book form and then gathered into volume-books.(less)

April (Aprilius Maximus)
A GRAPHIC NOVEL COLLAB WITH RAINBOW ROWELL?

Nick
Jan 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I want to read this right now.
Simone
Oct 09, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-released
Faith has been sharing some art from this on twitter and yes

I don't think I've ever updated a review this much before it's even released, but I'm really excited about this one!

----------------------------------

Finally a title and synopsis! It sounds really adorable. Really, though, that's to be expected from Rainbow and Faith. Can't wait!!!!!

----------------------------------

In an interview in October, Rainbow gave us this bit of information:
"I can tell you that it’s a hidden world story. Young
Mafi
Jan 18, 2015 marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Rainbow Rowell + Graphic novel? = SOLD.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I was given an eARC of this by the publisher in exchange for an honest review, which was super exciting(!), but at the time they sent it, nowhere in the description did it explain it was only an excerpt, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered... Anyways, I got to read the first 18 pages (half of which was filler material), so I can't give it an actual "review", but I will say the art was cute. Pretty sure I won't be bothering with First Second's eARCs much anymore, though, between this and the last ...more
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Me: I haven't read a Rainbow Rowell book yet so I'm not going to add too many of her books to my tbr until I've read Fangirl to see if I like her style.
This book: I am a fall themed graphic novel!
Me: *stops eating my apple to look at it*drops apple cider in surprise*throws on a Harry Potter scarf*runs through a pile of leaves*jumps over pumpkins*speeds my way through a corn maze*breaks down Barnes & Noble's doors*
Me: dID SoMEONE SAY fAlL THeMed GrAPHIC NoVEl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cashier: . . .
M
Abbey Patrick
SCREAMS IN YANKEE CANDLE.
Rian *fire and books*
Tbh I can’t give a real review of this. On both netgalley and edelweiss you’re only able to preview 18 pages and that isn’t enough for a review. It is, a best, a taste. What I saw has a super cute art style and so far an entertaining story. We’ll see if they ever publish a real arc...
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when you thought Rainbow Rowell couldn't out-cute herself more than she already has, she comes along and gives you Pumpkinheads. IT'S JUST SO UNBELIEVABLE ADORABLE. Deja and Josiah are perfect humans and the pumpkin patch is the most perfect place in the world. And then there's Faith Erin Hicks's art, which puts it over the top. So good. SO. GOOD. I will be reading this one at least 3 times every Sept/Oct for the foreseeable future, thank you and goodbye.
Celia
Jun 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can hardly wait for this to come out!!! I love Rainbow Rowell and I love Faith Erin Hicks. What could be better than this? except you know, a Carry On graphic novel........please please please
Alicia
I've gotten a hold of the first 18 pages and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the characters and the setting so far, so I anticipate adoring the whole thing. Give it all to me now with plenty on order for our HS library!
Rebecca
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Netgalley and the Publisher.

Well ... it was an ARC of the first 18 pages. And I am invested now ... but I have no more pages to read. I just want this sweet, Halloween, pumpkin-spiced story in my hands right now. I guess this just really speaks to my basic fall obsessed New England heart. I WANT MORE!
Kereesa
Jan 30, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This has Hicks and Rowell. Heck, yes, I`m in. ...more
Em
Oct 31, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
FINALLY! A SYNOPSIS AND AN ESTIMATED PUB DATE!
faith ✨
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as 2019-publications  ·  review of another edition
Cover: Yes
Plot: Yes
And there better be some sort of Fangirl cameo in here
Christine
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josiah and Deja are friends who work together seasonally at a pumpkin patch. They’ve worked there several seasons and are about to head off to college, probably not to return until they graduate. Josiah has a crush on the girl who works at the fudge shop and Deja encourages him to ask her out.

I didn’t realize this was a sample, what a tease! I can’t wait until the full novel is released! Rainbow Rowell and beautiful artwork is a winning combination!

Special thanks to NetGalley for my compliment
Bridget
Apr 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: graphic-novels
My best friend sent me a preview copy she got from C2E2 and I'm absolutely ecstatic about this book. Why? Because I work the season at that Best Pumpkin Patch in the Whole Wide World (it's actually in Gretna which is just south of Omaha). The name of that magical place which is better than Disneyland is Vala's Pumpkin Patch. I'm the weekend Dragon Handler for Zander the Pumpkin Eating Dragon (best job on the farm in my honest opinion). Looking through the artwork I recognize so many of the place ...more
Mikaela
There are three things that I read and that was all I needed to know before needing this book:

1. Pumpkin Patches
2. Graphic Novel
3. RAINBOW ROWELL!?!!1

this sounds absolutely adorable
Cat
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
It's cute, I guess...? But the "plot" is really, really simple and can be summed up in two sentences. Don't worry, I won't do that, no spoilers.
Cute settings, cute characters, cute drawings, everything's cute. But that's not enough for me, definitely. :(
Isabel
Oct 09, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
but 2019 is so far away!!
Kael
Oct 11, 2017 marked it as most-anticipated  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: WE HAVE A COVER OMG!!!!!!!!! It’s gorgeous I CANNOT wait for this 😩♥

A graphic novel dedicated to autumn and pumpkins?? The first Rainbow Rowell book I've ever wanted to read.
Ashley
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Disclaimer: I received a free chapter sampler of Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks from First Second Books through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to them.

Pumpkinheads is a YA contemporary graphic novel that is hitting shelves on August 27th. As this was a chapter sampler, I do not have a full rating for you, however, I did enjoy it.

Here is the summary from NetGalley:
In Pumpkinheads, beloved writer Rainbow Rowell and Eisner Award–winning artist Faith Eri
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!).
Since this is not the full book, I wasn't able to connect with the story as I wished. However, it was a very short preview of what it can be: an enjoyable, sweet romance that starts as friendship and has the potential to grow into something more. I found the art cute, but its a pity that Reviewers don't get to read the full ebook. So because of that I cannot rate this higher.
Fr those who enjoy light storie
Robbi Caldwell
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as partially-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aug-19, to-order
*I received a free e-arc preview (14 pages) of this from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

😱 This is super cute so far! Living somewhere that has pumpkin patches set up like the one in this GN makes it easy to see Josiah and Deja as a couple of local teens working the patch every fall.
And the graphics in this are GORGEOUS! 😍

I will definitely be ordering this for our library and can’t wait to read the rest of it!
Ivy
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm in deep, passionate love with Faith Erin Hicks' art style, so getting to see that combined with my other love, Rainbow Rowell's writing is very exciting. The nice fall story seems sweet enough to be comforting, but also interesting enough to say some really unique things about friendship.
Stacey Conrad
I need the rest of this story! I will definitely buy this for my library. We are big Rainbow Rowell fans.
Irati
03/02/2019 - This comes out on the day of my 21st birthday and i'm kinda supersticious so.... gotta have it
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
Chapter Sampler Review:

I really enjoy a Halloween-themed book. From the 18-page preview that I was invited to read on Netgalley, I am excited for more. The artwork is amazing.
Megan Alabaugh
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This teaser is too tiny! I need more of this pumpkin-patch romance. I am excited about the M/F best friendship, POC characters, and the charm of Halloween and pie. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.
Lauren
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the first chapter of this, provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!
It has the fun banter we've come to expect (and cherish) from Rainbow Rowell, and Faith Erin Hicks' illustrations are gorgeous and full of life.
I'm so excited to see where the rest of this graphic novel goes!
« previous 1 3 next »
Hummingbird Socie...: Pumpkinheads Discussion (Oct. 2019) 1 1 Aug 07, 2019 12:39PM

• The Place on Dalhousie
  • 4 Wizards
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
  • Untitled
  • Dig
  • Untitled
  • The Midnight Lie
  • The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)
  • Start Here
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • I Love You So Mochi
  • Last Night at the Telegraph Club
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Hot Dog Girl
  • Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Hello Girls
  • Suggested Reading
Rainbow Rowell writes books. Sometimes she writes about adults (ATTACHMENTS and LANDLINE). Sometimes she writes about teenagers (ELEANOR & PARK and FANGIRL). But she always writes about people who talk a lot. And people who feel like they're screwing up. And people who fall in love.

When she's not writing, Rainbow is reading comic books, planning Disney World trips and arguing about things that