Start by marking “In The End: Their fight for survival is only the beginning” as Want to Read:
In The End: Their fight for survival is only the beginning

In The End: Their fight for survival is only the beginning

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  56 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When humanity faces an undead nightmare, one man’s party turns into a race to survive.

Logan has always taken things a little too seriously. So when his New Year's Eve attempt to unwind descends into chaos, he's the first to realize it's no joke. After Logan and his friends miss the evacuation transport, he's given a choice: lead the group to safety or watch all of his frie
Published November 30th 2018 (first published November 23rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about In The End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The End

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of In The End: Their fight for survival is only the beginning
LeeAnn
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Action-packed, which I enjoyed. A large cast of characters, of whom the reader gets 3 different POV. An average, everyday guy is our hero - which is a nice change.

There are more than a few issues though. This really requires an editor for grammar, misuse of words, and cohesion. I could tell the author went back to rework parts of the story, and this left a little confusion as some scenes just don't flow properly.

The author could also use a dictionary and thesaurus, in particular, in use of the
Suzanne Rogerson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie, thriller
This is the first zombie book I've read and I'm so glad I took a chance on a different genre.
I loved the fast pace and short chapters which kept me turning the pages. For the poor characters thrust into this nightmarish situation there is no let up. Even when you think they're safe to lie down and rest, just for a moment, another shocking twist is waiting around the corner.
Be warned, it ends with a cliff hanger and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Susan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In The End

Great book, great dark humor and great characters. Looking forward to reading more of this author's stories. Was a little confusing in places, but I am expecting it to all blend in the following sequels.
A. Hunt
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Review to come.
Shelby Lytle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting book

I could not put this book down. I really hope there is a sequel. I want to find out happens.
N.W.Wisniewski
This is good story. I like how the characters interacted. The author did a great job. The narrator was decent. I didn't get much diversity in the voices.
Laura Laakso
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review, but my opinions are my own.

In The End is a dystopian thriller set in southwest England and follows a group of friends after the power goes out on New Year's Eve and the world as they knew it no longer seems to exist. Logan, the narrator, does his best to keep his friends alive in a world where nothing is as it seems and the odds are stacked against them.

There was an awful lot to like about this book. The plot moves like a steamrolle
Linda
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Zombie Adventure

If you like books in the zombie genre, then give this author a try. The zombie apocalypse happened fast. It caught main character, Logan, unprepared and stuck behind in the zombie zone. Enjoyed the two types of zombies, fights to survive, evil government officials, soldiers caught in the middle, and hope for a cure. Characters were well written and each important character had a chapter written in first person. This helped the tr reader get to know them quickly and become i
Brookie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a solid zombie apocalypse story. I only gave it four stars because it took me a long while to connect with the characters.
Aimee Ann
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In The End is quite simply one of the most exciting, incredible, dystopian books I have ever read. In The End, has astounded me, I enjoyed every single moment of the book because it was by far a perfect read. The wonderful author of the novel, GJ Stevens, is a true literary talent because he managed to captivate and enthrall from the very beginning. To be honest, a part of me was always going to love this book because I love dystopian novels but even if I did not, I would still love this book be ...more
Amanda Felix
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly good

Recommended by a friend, I was not disappointed in this new series. Many ZomPoc books have military heros/heroines or in some line of responder career, the main character Logan is neither. He and several friends are out celebrating the ending of one year and beginning of a new one. Little did he or any of them realize this new year was nothing they could celebrate as they are caught unaware and far from home when a Virus begins to rage out of control and help is from te governme
Bekah B
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to receive a copy of In The End from the author.
This is the first book of a series and is available to buy now from Amazon. The second book is available for pre order and is due to be released on 8th Nov.
📚📚
I read a lot of zombie fiction and what I loved about this book is that the main characters were just your average people. A lot of books in this genre have a main character who is either military, ex-military, a survivalist, or they meet up with someone who is one of the abo
Bev Taylor
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
their fight for survival is only the beginning ....

logan is a serious guy but on nye he decides to unwind with a group of his friends

the internet fails, as does the elec, and the miss the warning - evacuate

they need to get to the evacuation area which is north but in their way r creatures who have risen from the dead - zombies and flesh eating ones at that

the military and govt have no interest in savinng them, in fact he believes they they well be behind this problem. he picks up a few other
Stacey crawford
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, a first in a series (and you should definitely read book two). The pace is good, the chapters are short and leave you ready to read more, and the characters are interesting. I particularly like the way several characters take the lead perspective in different chapters; not switching every time, but only as needed. This story has all the zombie things I'm looking for when I read zompoc, of which I read a lot, but it's different enough that I was really looking forward to ...more
Kat
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice

Awesome, fast paced with well written characters. Characters you almost feel like you know. Yes there are zombies but not all are the run of the mill Romero zombies but yet they aren't the talking kind some authors like to write about!
Alan Pearson
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imagine waking up with the hangover of all time as someone pounds on your door telling you to get out quick, you have to evacuate to where , from what , that's the premise of this story as it unfolds in sleepy Cornwall their terrifying flight to safety is not guaranteed. Behold the undead risen.
Matt Grey
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
As someone who lives in Cornwall and loves anything post apocalyptic or with zombies. Reading this was a no brainer. But I have to say the say the lack of Cornish landmarks was a disappointment. But that was the only disappointment. Fast moving, written from multiple perspectives that tie together and weave an action packed storyline, this book is great fun. Looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
Shannon Swaffer
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Meh.
Kathryn Laing
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logan faces the apocalypse with friends and feels he must lead them to safety away from the virus that is changing the dead into vicious zombies. A well written story of survival against the odds.
PowerRink
May 04, 2019
Stewart McFeat
Jan 21, 2019
Kelly Greenly-Jones
rated it did not like it
May 01, 2020

• Capital Falling: As Black Smoke Rises, Order Disintegrates... The Apocalypse Erupts in London
  • Capital Falling - RESURGENCE: Book 3
  • It Hit The Fan: Piney River Apocalypse
  • This Rotten World
  • The Irish Epidemic (Weep, #1)
  • Tornado Down
  • The Exit Series Box Set #1: Books 1-3
  • Dead in Damascus (Special Operations Group #0.5)
  • The First 30 Days: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
  • The Phoenix Series: Books 1-3
  • The Bone Farm: A Dan Harpur Adventure
  • This Rotten World: No More Heroes
  • THE JEWISH NAZI
  • Gates of Ivory: A Dan Harpur Adventure
  • Ivory Nation (Gabriel Wolfe #10)
  • The Infected (Rage Book 2)
  • Circle of Death (Strike Back #5)
  • Before and After
To stay up to date with all the very latest news, and to get two FREE books, head to gjstevens.com

GJ Stevens started writing fiction at the age of thirty. His fast-paced thrillers are the culmination of many years of finding time from nowhere to learn the craft.

His fiction is often referred to as a refreshing break from the norm, whether it’s his apocalyptic creations, spy-thrillers or his twist o