Start by marking “Cole's Salvation (Black Hills Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cole's Salvation (Black Hills Shifters, #1)

Cole's Salvation

(Black Hills Shifters #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  366 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Cole is the oldest of his siblings and is their clan's alpha, since the death of his father. He gave up long ago thinking he would ever find his mate.

Published November 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cole's Salvation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cole's Salvation

really liked it 4.00  ·

♡Tonya♡
Growly bear shifter

I ended up really liking this story! I have been in the mood for a shifter story and bear shifters are my top fave. Cole was broody and alpha. He came across as a jerk a couple of times but it was nothing that couldn't be forgiven.

I am looking forward to book 2 and hoping it is safe.

-no cheating
-zero ow/om drama
-very minimal pushing away
-safe neither with others after meeting
-virgin heroine and it was not confirmed that hero was a virgin.
-ok epilogue- very fast wrap up ab
Stories in Review
Good story. I liked it, but wasn't my favorite. Slight push/pull in the beginning, didn't last long. They were apart for a week after their blind date.https://storiesinreview971130128.word...
Elizabeth Neal
A book, the first in a series, about a family of shifters? I'm in. Add in that he's a virgin? *shoves money at the author*

Cole and his three siblings, all bear shifters, lost their mom at a young age due to something not even her shifter abilities could heal. For years, their dad hung on for them, not wanting to leave them alone, but still yearning for his mate. But when he joins her, it wasn't of his choosing, nor was it a peaceful death. Their dad was murdered, but they don't know who did it.

A
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2019)!💝

Blurb:

For months he's been restless, on the verge of coming unglued. When his sister sets him up on a blind date, he almost loses it. She should know he'd only ever date his mate. When his sister refuses to cancel the date, he goes to let her down gently only to find that his mate is waiting for him.

Kelly
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cole's Salvation is book one in the Black Hills Shifters series, and I loved it!

Cole is a growly, broody alpha bear shifter who has a tendency to be a jerk every now and again, but I still loved him.

Sweet, safe read full of shifter goodness.

4 big stars!
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Cole’s Salvation by Elisa Leigh
I purchased this book.
Who doesn’t love a shifter series?? I mean they are my jam! So when I saw a series written by 2 new to me authors, I jumped. Another thing I loved was the fact the series is about a family of bear shifters. I love books with the theme of family stro
ILuvsbooks7311

Follow the Major family, a group of black bear shifte
Lara
Just OK.

Ok, I'm all for a good, strong alpha H, especially in a shifter story, but Cole was rather an ass. Too alpha, I think. I mean, for example, he returns to the room and sees h texting. And, as a rational and unemotional response, he immediately freaks out on her about who she's texting. Hello! Abusive warning sign! Maybe he can get away with it as a shifter H, but it was still a pretty jackass alpha-hole move.

It's just a short story, and that showed. Meaning it was a fast read, a quick dis
Amyb1975
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Safe for my safety seeking book friends

Another great book by Elisa Leigh.

Bear shifters are my favorite kind of shifters to read about. In this one, the H, Cole, is a bear shifter longing for his mate which he meets because his sister sets him up on a blind date. He only goes to meet her because they were set up to meet at a bar not fit for a woman alone and he couldn't stand the thought of a woman in that situation. He was going to go, get her out of there and send her on her way. That's not wha
Elysian Fields
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aubree and Cole sitting in a tree… oh wait that’s not it, hold on… Aubree and Cole heating up the forest, making kindles melt and readers swoon. Yeah, that’s more like it! Lol.

I loved this story and cannot wait for the others. It seems as if they are going to be interconnected stories all in the same world. This is the story of Aubree and Cole.

Aubree was sassy and sweet, full of mirth and love. I enjoyed her push and pull with Cole as she held her own. Cole is the definition of overprotective
Leslee
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole is a grumpy bear, literally. After the murder of his father, he became alpha to his clan which consisted of his two brothers and his sister. Since shifters mate for life, he gave up figuring at 30 years old he wasn't going to find her. Then his sister sets him up on a blind date. Once he lays eyes on Aubree, he knows she is his. Now he just has to convince her and hope his bear doesn't scare her away.

I absolutely adore Elisa Leigh! She is one of my favorite, go-to instalove authors. I have
Dominique Vaughn
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Coles Salvation
Cole and Aubree

I loved it! This is the first book in a new series by multiple authors. Between hoping they each find their mates and being on the lookout for the murderers, Cole and his brothers and sister are just trying to survive their days and continue with their construction business. Aubree is new to town, and helping her grandmother run her bakery. After Cole's sister set them up on a blind date they are both lost to each other, but will their love be able to survive the da
Lauren
Cole’s salvation is book one in the black hills shifters series. This story is short, fast paced and a nice read. I read this book within half an hour and was left wanting more – I wish this story were longer! I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline a nice read.
I did feel like there were gaps in the story. That being said, I feel like the answers I want will unravel as this series progress.
The chemistry between Cole and Aubree was clear to see, I lik
Jennie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shifter Romane

Cole's Salvation is the first book novella in the Black Hills Shifters series. Alpha male insta-love and mating. We get a little back story of the clan but not much story aside from the alpha finding his mate. I enjoyed the story but would have liked more. I’m assuming we’ll get more in the next story. There was an incident in the beginning where the H went all alpha on the h and she left. After a few days of the H trying to talk to her she decides to go talk to him. Nothing was me
theBookWolf
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was too short to really feel connected to any of the characters. There wasn't really a proper plot as well, mostly because it seemed to be the beginning of a plot that will continue as the series progresses. But in this book, everything was progressing pretty quickly so it was lacking depth so I wished it could have been longer.

Besides that, the only thing I didn't like was their separation. It was only for a short while but I wished we could have seen what happened within that 1 week
Ruby Ap.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning :)
This is the first book of the new collaborated series, "BLACK HILLS SHIFTERS" and it was a great start into this new series!

I loved everything about this story! It had great chemistry between the main characters', Cole and his mate, Aubrey but I also liked the flow between Cole's brothers and sister and the introduction of their characters was well executed, in my opinion, and I'm already excited for Slate's story which will be the second book of the series :)

Cole and Aubrey's connection as mate
Suzanne Paton
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice shifter romance

A good start to a new series. I look forward to seeing how the rest plays out. No annoying typos or awful grammar that I've spotted. One thing that always makes me smile with shifter books in general is when the non shifter hears the word 'mate' being used. They're all "what does this mean..?" In Britain 'mate' is very commonly used to described someone as your pal or friend and if someone said "this is my mate" or "you are my mate" you'd just assume they were declaring frien
Grace
If it wasn't for this being a shifter book with an overly emotional alpha bear this hero would be called abusive.
“So, you weren’t texting anyone before I walked in? Because it sure looked like you were. I’m not going to share you with anyone Aubree. Don’t sit at my table texting another man!”

She was texting her grandmother btw. She didn't swoon over his antics which I appreciated, problem is that even though she is human the mating pull is still making her mind and body all about him.

The best
Pixie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New Series, shifters💖

This is a 4 book series by both Elisa Leigh and M. Merin. 2 books are by one author and the 2 by the other. The series is connected to each other, but seem to be able to be read as standalones too.

The Great:
This story was my favorite kind the insta-love kind. Cole is dealing with the tragedy of losing his dad, and has no time for love or for finding his mate.

Take a little meddling by a sister and Cole finds his mate in Aubree. Their love is super cute, and I loved dramati
Daisy Ramirez
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Elisa Leigh. This was a short, sweet, and steamy story.

Cole the alpha bear shifter who has give up on finding his mate. Without knowing it, he is upgrading his home to prepare for his mate.

Ruby, Cole’s sister sets him up for a blind date. He doesn’t want to go but ends up going to only walk in and feel the pull him and Aubree.

Aubree the sweet girl who loved back in town to live with her grandma. She is happier than ever because with her grandma she finds the love of fami
Zoe
This was just ok (like the rating suggests). It kind of moved really fast, and there wasn't a lot of connection or growth within the characters. Also, the story cuts off halfway through - there's supposed to be this big drama with other shifters, but it gets skipped during this story. I guess the author is saving it for one of the other stories (because theres 4 siblings total but I wish this book had more. Cole and Aubree acted like children at certain points and it was somewhat frustrating to ...more
Shelly Blevins-Middleton
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot Bears

Great start to a new series, the Black Hills Shifters. Cole's Salvation by one of my favorite authors Elisa Leigh. Cole is an alpha black bear shifter searching for his mate. Set up on a blind date by his sister, Cole only shows up to please his sister. Cole meets the feisty Aubree and know she is the one. Quick hot romance, with a little on going mystery in the background. Great start to a series. Loved it!
AudreymlHawkins
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shifter hit

Love how sneaky Ruby is when she sets Cole up with Aubree!! Aubree’s easiness and feistiness are a perfect match for Cole’s alpha attitude. Not a fan of how Slate treats Aubree BUT I know his story will explain some of that, at least I hope it does. I do like how Aubree’s bear seems to settle Slate though. It’s nice to see the family dynamic come together. Want to know more about what happened to their dad and if they deal with the wolves. Can’t wait for more.
Stacy Jordet
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and fun read.

Cole is tricked by his sister to go on a date. He doesn't think it's a date, but he knows he can't leaver this poor woman at this bar. However, one look and smell and he knows she is his mate.

Cole finds out very quickly that his human mate doesn't take kindly with his alpha ways. With that being said though, the making up was hot.
AnneKR
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cole is a bear shifter and believes he will never find his mate. When his sister sets him up on a blind date with a friend of hers, Aubrey, he knows she is meant to be his the minute he sees her. A quick, steamy read that introduces us to the rest of Cole’s siblings and the start of a new series, this was a great read! Looking forward to the next one!
Lisa Book Shelf
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Bears

Cole is the oldest brother and alpha with no mate. His sister sets him up with her human friend Ruby. Who is his mate in this first book in a series. Good book starts of good but kind of skips to the end to quick. And Ruby a human excerpts the whole bear thing like okay let's mate. Interesting will read next book to see how it proceeds.
Danielle Marlowe
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Elisa Leigh did a great job on Cole's Salvation. The story had a great plot and was well written. Aubree and Cole had an instant connection, their connection was strong and their chemistry was sexy. They were good for each other.
I enjoyed this story. Cole and Aubree were great together.
Thank you, Elisa Leigh. Great work :)
Pamela daSilva
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cole's Salvation by Elisa Leigh

Take one hot black bear alpha and one human , you have a great story. Cole is the alpha of his clan which consists of sister and 2 brothers. Aubree is a pastry chef working with her grandmother. They are set up by Cole's sister Ruby on a blind date.
Granger McGringot
This is your typical shifter story. Instant attraction due to mate pull. The romance plot build up in pace, though the smexy scene is an okay for me. Not to steamy, but enough to heat you up as needed. The story line is actually good, though not so much twist and in depth story. Wish there is more. Im hopeing the next installment woukd be hotter than flame though.
Evangeline Laguna
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super adorbs

I enjoyed the story of a human falling in love with a black bear the brother is t happy
But that’s his own story!! He finally lets
Her know why and it’s like a big family reunion!!

• Red’s Wolf (A Paranormal Fairytale Retelling)
  • Midnight Kisses (Kissing Junction, TX #6)
  • Hunting Allegra (Hauntingly Romantic Halloween #2)
  • Winter's Christmas Bride (Seven Brides of Christmas #5)
  • It's Vegas, Baby (Vegas, Baby, #1)
  • The Caveman's Virgin (Cavemen #1)
  • Sugar
  • Wrangle Me
  • Safe, in His Arms (In His Arms #1)
  • Married Into Love (Bachelorette Party, #3)
I'm an insta-love writing, Alpha man dreaming, HEA demanding Author <3

Black Hills Shifters (4 books)
  • Slate's Surrender: (Black Hills Shifters Book 2)
  • Ruby's Strength (Black Hills Shifters Book 3)
  • Gabe's Destiny (Black Hills Shifters Book 4)