Start by marking “Oz (Finding Home, #1)” as Want to Read:
Oz (Finding Home, #1)

Oz

(Finding Home #1)

What happens when temporary becomes forever?

Oz Gallagher does not do relationships well. Bored and jobless after another disastrous hook up, he decides to leave London for a temporary job in the wilds of Cornwall. Surely managing a stately home on a country estate will be easier than navigating the detritus of his relationships at home. Six months there will alleviate a b
Published November 20th 2018

☆ Todd
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This story made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

From the revenge that Oz took on his posh, cheating boyfriend, to the way that Oz squared off against the lazy builders, to facing off against Silas' arsehole of an ex, to the snark and banter between Oz and, ooooh, let me see, ummm, EVERYONE, well, all of it had me smiling from ear to ear.

Basically, after Oz kicked his pretentious ass of a boyfriend (who was also his boss, oopsie) to the curb, Oz's best friend showed him an ad in an up-scale magazin
Judith
4.5

I’d thought the moment when I fell in love would be dramatic and full of noise and energy. Instead, it’s in a quiet bedroom where a soft song plays(...)

Get ready for a wonderful romantic comedy in a beautiful setting with two truly adorable characters.Lily Morton gets better and better at creating characters that have great chemistry and this is no exception.From the moment they met,I adored Silas and Oz.If you want to read about two characters falling in love this is the book for you.Add
Wendy
4.5 ggj

I absolutely loved the "Mixed Messages"  series, though the first book Rule Breaker is still my favorite. I loved the snark and banter in that one and Dylan is one of my all-time favorite characters. This book kind of reminded me of that one. I had just as much fun reading it ;)

Animated GIF

Oz absolutely made this book for me. I fell hard for him the moment I met him... as did Silas Фото, автор Soloveika на Яндекс.Фотках   Silas is Henry's brother and so some of you already know him from "Risk Taker". Now I do believe that this spin-off series c
Shile
It's me not the book!

I will now go straight into the box of shame.

description

This book has so many rave reviews, so clearly there is something wrong with my sense of humor.

I am a Lily Morton fan but this book was missing something. I loved mixed messages book 1 and 2 and laughed my ass off. When it came to this one, the jokes fell flat.

I liked Oz and Silas, they are very likable characters but when it came to the romance part, i couldn't feel their connection/chemistry.

Anyhoo, don't mind me. It started
Shin Mon Thway
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first Lily Morton and I’m so pleased. Being someone who studied in a British university, I have to say, it was such a great pleasure to relive all these quirky very English expletives. 😂 I mean some of those words, I haven’t heard them since one of my Irish professors who had a very short temper and a very sassy mouth. Loved it. It has a lovely amount of sass, a generous amount of wit and clever snark, and an epic love story between two very unlikely MCs. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And I hope to ...more
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

There are numerous glowing reviews for this book, so I'm not sure what to say that hasn't been said already. Oz is a win: warm, sexy, funny, tender, with no big misunderstanding and no undue drama.

Both MCs (who take turns narrating the story) are endearing and complex.

I loved the secondary characters (except Silas's horrible mother, of course) and was thrilled to revisit with Henry and Ivo from Risk Taker (Silas is Henry's brother).

The plot carries on as the MCs meet (it's not an auspicio
Cadiva
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily Morton is the Queen of Snark, no-one manages to inject just that right shade of sarcasm and humour into the biting wit which is the hallmark of her characters and in Oz Gallagher she has outdone herself.

I loved Dylan and Gabe, fell for Jude and Asa, adored Henry and Ivo, but Silas and Oz have claimed my heart as easily as the Cornish landscape owns the narrative of this superb romance.

There is such skill in making a book's setting be almost a character in its own right and having travelled
Lost in a Book
4.25 Stars

Keeping it 💯, I have a crush on Lily Morton with all her writery (totally a word) talents? Her books always have elements that keep me coming back for more and she has secured a spot on my automatic author list.
Humor- ✔
Snark-✔
Sassy character(s)-✔
Chemistry-✔
Great secondary characters-✔
Depth in main characters-✔

Oz is sick of spinning his wheels through life and after walking in on his ex bone deep inside his replacement, he moves on with the help of friends to a *highly* entertaining int
.Lili.

Good lord, there was so much to love about Oz by Lily Morton. In this first installment of the Finding Home series, we finally get Silas' HEA. We first met him Risk Taker; he's Henry's brother. Lily Morton has paired him with a sassy mouthed Irishman named Oz, who's hired to namage Silas' estate.

What's not to love Some highlights:

-Silas. Big, hairy, kind, patient, dirty mouthed Silas. I. Love. Everything. About. Him.

-Oz. Who doesn't love a funny, snarky, loyal friend? He was such a joy to rea
Ele
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

Loved every minute. Oz might be one of my favorite characters ever. I'm thrilled this is going to be a series.

Highly recommended!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Loved this one. Pretty much devoured it in one sitting.

Banter is my jam. Combine that with no ridiculous angst and some scorching sex and I’m one happy girl!

Lily Morton is a definite favorite author for me!
~Volha~
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by Lily Morton and I found it quite entertaining! It was funny, light-hearted and very sweet. I don't regularly read this type of books but this one was very engaging. I loved all of the characters - they were so singular and quirky. They made me laugh out loud many times! And British words and setting were the icing on the cake. The good vibes I got from Oz and Silas made me feel warm and fuzzy. I will definitely consider reading more of her works when the ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠

Gush, gush, gush.

Love, love, love.

This book was perfect!

Lily Morton is synonymous with FIVE ★'s in my world.

description

Oh my God! Really! I loved the Mixed Messages Series but really, I think this new series has the potential to outshine it. This was just everything. It was so sweet and so funny. It was so very hot and so very romantic.

Henry and Ivo!

I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT!

I never wanted it to end.

I can’t freaking wait for Niall and Milo. CAN’T FREAKING WAIT!

My "I LOVED IT SO MUCH" reviews are always
Susan
Re-read January 2019
Still such a great book.

--------------------------------------

This was such a fun book! Now I’m normally not a big fan of contemporaries without hurt/comfort, but this was a real winner for me.

What made this book such a joy to read was how likable Oz and Silas both were. Oz was just amazing.

“You okay?” he asks, kneeling and looking up at me like the sort of wet dream I’ve never been lucky enough to have.
I swallow hard. “Peachy. This position is like most Saturdays
Dia
4,5 stars

My first book in 2019 and I loved it! I really enjoy this author's writing style. I highlighted a lot!
Oz was amazing, super funny and smart! His attitude was glorious!
Silas was also a great character. I loved him! One of the best boyfriends!
I had a great time reading this and I am only sorry we didn't get more angst. This book was extremely sweet and HOT, unexpectedly hot I might add. Slow burning and sweeter than sugar! Great start of my reading challenge.
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“An adventure Oz. You need that because you’re bored enough to make stupid decisions at the moment”.
.....and what an adventure we were given!
Oz Gallagher found his yellow brick road in Cornwall. I found mine in Lily Morton.
I was laughing from page 1. By the end of the book, I was smirking, smiling, grinning, snickering, giggling, chuckling and chortling. I LOVED THIS BOOK.
So, so many memorable scenes-
The Interview! O.M.G. The best interview EVER.
The Herbert Humpadick meeting! I’m still cracking
Ariana
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I smiled, I chuckled, I laughed out loud.
Stellar banter, snarky humour and two incredible likeable MCs ... what more can you ask for!
This is romantic comedy at its best!

I admit it took me two ticks to piece together who Silas is (the brother of our Henry from 'Risk Taker'). But it wouldn't have mattered. This book can be read as a standalone, you don't have to know Henry and Ivo, although they are very well worth it! As are all the other books in that series, btw!

Speaking of Silas ... a dreamy s
Eugenia
Funniest thing I've read in a loooong time!!!!

Tears!!!! I can't count the number of times I had years running down my face from laughing so hard!!

Oz has to be one of the funniest and snarkiest characters in a contemporary romance ever! He was so delightful and cheeky and irreverent! Pairing him up with the seemingly proper Lord was delicious and witty.

Silas is an Earl who has to find a way to bring in income to save his family home and estate. Oz is the one he's hired to take over as house manag
Renée
Very satisfying read. Not as much angst as previous Morton books, and the "big bad" was a bit ridiculous. Otherwise, loved the banter and love this author.
Chris
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
I really loved this book - a perfect bend of sass, humor and love. Silas was the warm hearted Earl trying to change attitudes from the past, Oz was the snarky, sassy organizer who just couldn’t find his place in space. As Oz moves from London to oversee the restoration process in Cornwall he realizes a few things .... life, love, peace & joy. This really was a feel good story, no angst just happiness... loved it❤ ...more
Vanna
4.5 stars!! 🤩💕💕 Loved it!!! Ms Morton has done it again.. 😁 I'm still to find a book of hers that I don't like..., I just love her writing, her characters and how they fall in love. This one was no different; Silas (Henry's brother from Risk Taker) is living a pretty lonely life on a giant estate and despite being the Earl of the region; he is simple, down-to-earth and sweet natured. In this world arrives the snarky, sassy and delightfully funny Ozzy; who has been hired by Silas's friend/manager ...more
Alexa
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really, really LOVE this author.
Her characters are so funny and adorable.
The banter here is as good and entertaining as all her previous books.

So. This is a spin-off from the 'Mixed Message' series.
Silas is Henry's brother. He's an Earl. He lives in Cornwall, trying to restore his house/castle...
He slept with his previous house manager and it didn't end up so well.. For the house AND him.

And Oz... Has a habit to sleep with his boss... Try hard to stop this habit as it hasn't bring any good for
Amanda
Ever since I read Rule Breaker by Lily Morton, I have been stalking her every release. This new series didn't disappoint at all with Lily trademark humor and endearing characters. In this book, we have power twink, Oz, the little Irish spitfire and Silas, the Earl of Ashworth, with the Cornwall as the backdrop. I mean, nothing is better than a beautiful scenery to set the mood.

To be honest, Oz is quite the stereotype for sassy twink that I read plenty about, but I enjoyed his brand of witty sar
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, age-gap, arc, m-m
4.5 stars.

Honest to God, there's no one that writes characters like Lily Morton. Her books are always filled with humorous moments, amazing banter and snarky characters. I loved her Mixed Messages series so I'm not surprised that I loved every single moment in this book as well.

Hands down, Oz is the star of this book. I could've read all day long about him and never be bored. There's enough humor and banter to make you want to snort and not read in public because you'll constantly be laughi
Teri
LOVED this!!! Made me laugh, it was sweet, no major angst or bs, we got to see Henry and Ivo again, which was a plus. I adored Oz, he was just so perfect, I really like Milo as well, hope to see him again. Silas was a doll, so sweet. Highly recommend.
haletostilinski
This was sooo good! Lily Morton has yet to let me down and I love that. She always packs the right amount of humor and romance into her books to keep me laughing throughout but also swooning over the romantic couple. Plus there is also some sense of levity, some realism packed into the humor, and I love that.

Because people/situations can be funny in real life without it seeming to be unrealistic (unlike in comedy shows where usually the majority of everything is funny almost all the time). And
Achim
Romcom in the best sense of that word and obviously with everything needed to get me out of my reading slump. So instead of a review or only some stars:

Thank you, Ms. Morton and meet you again with your next book.
BR11
This book has it all: great characters, funny banter, nice plot, great romance and hot sex.
Recommend, recommend, recommend!
Free with Kindle Unlimited
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Oz 💜 Silas

Oz: Sassy spit fire who will cut you down with his tongue if you ever try talking down/doubt him. Underneath it all has a loving heart

Silas: Kind hearted lover of animals who looks out for those around him. Stands up for others and sees people for who they are and not what they are.

These two meet when Oz is hired as a house manager for Silas. When he enters the picture, the house is in disray and he has 6 months to put it together.

He left his last job after finding his boss,
Angela
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was really good. I’m going 4.5 stars because there was a repetitive phrase that started poking my brain and making me twitch. Each laugh, “he threw his head back and laughed”. Like 10 times. But other than that, I had a great time with these guys.
Lily lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.
She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else would she get to spend her time with ho
“You’re like a pig pimp,” I say admiringly.” 0 likes