Start by marking “Oz (Finding Home, #1)” as Want to Read:
Oz (Finding Home, #1)

Oz

(Finding Home #1)

What happens when temporary becomes forever?

Oz Gallagher does not do relationships well. Bored and jobless after another disastrous hook up, he decides to leave London for a temporary job in the wilds of Cornwall. Surely managing a stately home on a country estate will be easier than navigating the detritus of his relationships at home. Six months there will alleviate a
Published November 20th 2018

Start your review of Oz (Finding Home, #1)
☆ Todd
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This story made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

From the revenge that Oz took on his posh, cheating boyfriend, to the way that Oz squared off against the lazy builders, to facing off against Silas' arsehole of an ex, to the snark and banter between Oz and, ooooh, let me see, ummm, EVERYONE, well, all of it had me smiling from ear to ear.

Basically, after Oz kicked his pretentious ass of a boyfriend (who was also his boss, oopsie) to the curb, Oz's best friend showed him an ad in an up-scale maga
Judith
4.5

I’d thought the moment when I fell in love would be dramatic and full of noise and energy. Instead, it’s in a quiet bedroom where a soft song plays(...)

Get ready for a wonderful romantic comedy in a beautiful setting with two truly adorable characters.Lily Morton gets better and better at creating characters that have great chemistry and this is no exception.From the moment they met,I adored Silas and Oz.If you want to read about two characters falling in love this is the book for
Wendy
4.5 ggj

I absolutely loved the "Mixed Messages"  series, though the first book Rule Breaker is still my favorite. I loved the snark and banter in that one and Dylan is one of my all-time favorite characters. This book kind of reminded me of that one. I had just as much fun reading it ;)

Animated GIF

Oz absolutely made this book for me. I fell hard for him the moment I met him... as did Silas Фото, автор Soloveika на ЯндекÑ.Фотках   Silas is Henry's brother and so some of you already know him from "Risk Taker". Now I do believe that this spin-off series c
Shile
It's me not the book!

I will now go straight into the box of shame.

description

This book has so many rave reviews, so clearly there is something wrong with my sense of humor.

I am a Lily Morton fan but this book was missing something. I loved mixed messages book 1 and 2 and laughed my ass off. When it came to this one, the jokes fell flat.

I liked Oz and Silas, they are very likable characters but when it came to the romance part, i couldn't feel their connection/chemistry.

Anyhoo, don't mind me. It started
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

There are numerous glowing reviews for this book, so I'm not sure what to say that hasn't been said already. Oz is a win: warm, sexy, funny, tender, with no big misunderstanding and no undue drama.

Both MCs (who take turns narrating the story) are endearing and complex.

I loved the secondary characters (except Silas's horrible mother, of course) and was thrilled to revisit with Henry and Ivo from Risk Taker (Silas is Henry's brother).

The plot carries on as the MCs meet (it's not an auspicio
Shin Mon Thway
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Lily Morton and I’m so pleased. Being someone who studied in a British university, I have to say, it was such a great pleasure to relive all these quirky very English expletives. 😂 I mean some of those words, I haven’t heard them since one of my Irish professors who had a very short temper and a very sassy mouth. Loved it. It has a lovely amount of sass, a generous amount of wit and clever snark, and an epic love story between two very unlikely MCs. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And I hope to ...more
Cadiva
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily Morton is the Queen of Snark, no-one manages to inject just that right shade of sarcasm and humour into the biting wit which is the hallmark of her characters and in Oz Gallagher she has outdone herself.

I loved Dylan and Gabe, fell for Jude and Asa, adored Henry and Ivo, but Silas and Oz have claimed my heart as easily as the Cornish landscape owns the narrative of this superb romance.

There is such skill in making a book's setting be almost a character in its own right and having travelled
.Lili.

Good lord, there was so much to love about Oz by Lily Morton. In this first installment of the Finding Home series, we finally get Silas' HEA. We first met him Risk Taker; he's Henry's brother. Lily Morton has paired him with a sassy mouthed Irishman named Oz, who's hired to namage Silas' estate.

What's not to love Some highlights:

-Silas. Big, hairy, kind, patient, dirty mouthed Silas. I. Love. Everything. About. Him.

-Oz. Who doesn't love a funny, snarky, loyal friend? He was such a joy to
Lost in a Book
4.25 Stars

Keeping it 💯, I have a crush on Lily Morton with all her writery (totally a word) talents? Her books always have elements that keep me coming back for more and she has secured a spot on my automatic author list.
Humor- ✔️
Snark-✔️
Sassy character(s)-✔️
Chemistry-✔️
Great secondary characters-✔️
Depth in main characters-✔️

Oz is sick of spinning his wheels through life and after walking in on his ex bone deep inside his replacement, he moves on with the help of friends to a *highly* entertaini
Ele
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

Loved every minute. Oz might be one of my favorite characters ever. I'm thrilled this is going to be a series.

Highly recommended!
Eugenia
Funniest thing I've read in a loooong time!!!!

Tears!!!! I can't count the number of times I had years running down my face from laughing so hard!!

Oz has to be one of the funniest and snarkiest characters in a contemporary romance ever! He was so delightful and cheeky and irreverent! Pairing him up with the seemingly proper Lord was delicious and witty.

Silas is an Earl who has to find a way to bring in income to save his family home and estate. Oz is the one he's hired to take over as house manag
Snjez
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

There are things I really liked about this book. The writing was great, it was funny and the relationship between Oz and Silas was really sweet.

However, I do feel the story was too light and a bit unrealistic. I don't necessarily need drama and angst, but I wish there was more depth to it. It just didn't grab me the way I expected.
Susan
Re-read April 2019
Still such a great book.

--------------------------------------

This was such a fun book! Now I’m normally not a big fan of contemporaries without hurt/comfort, but this was a real winner for me.

What made this book such a joy to read was how likable Oz and Silas both were. Oz was just amazing.

“You okay?” he asks, kneeling and looking up at me like the sort of wet dream I’ve never been lucky enough to have.
I swallow hard. “Peachy. This position is like most Saturdays
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Loved this one. Pretty much devoured it in one sitting.

Banter is my jam. Combine that with no ridiculous angst and some scorching sex and I’m one happy girl!

Lily Morton is a definite favorite author for me!
Sheri
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The streak continues! Another exceptional story from Morton. We branch out from the Mixed Messages series and start anew with Finding Home but luckily, she flips things around and brings secondary characters with her. Silas is Henry’s brother and we’ve been graced with his face before. I was thrilled that he was given his own time to shine and fell even deeper in love with him. I also enjoyed having Henry and Ivo pop back in. But most of all, I adored Oz. He quickly won me over and I couldn’t ge ...more
Bev
Ah I loved this, it was like a breath of fresh air. Two fantastic characters, no unnecessary drama-lama (oven though we got a peek at the evil parent that Silas took no crap from), and a really sweet build into a gorgeous romance.

Oz is .... yeah totally unique and such a little spitfire for things he believes in. And Silas ... be still my beating heart, he had me total swoon mode so many times.

Why the hell I waited so long to read this I have no clue!

Dia
4,5 stars

My first book in 2019 and I loved it! I really enjoy this author's writing style. I highlighted a lot!
Oz was amazing, super funny and smart! His attitude was glorious!
Silas was also a great character. I loved him! One of the best boyfriends!
I had a great time reading this and I am only sorry we didn't get more angst. This book was extremely sweet and HOT, unexpectedly hot I might add. Slow burning and sweeter than sugar! Great start of my reading challenge.
~Volha~
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by Lily Morton and I found it quite entertaining! It was funny, light-hearted and very sweet. I don't regularly read this type of books but this one was very engaging. I loved all of the characters - they were so singular and quirky. They made me laugh out loud many times! And British words and setting were the icing on the cake. The good vibes I got from Oz and Silas made me feel warm and fuzzy. I will definitely consider reading more of her works when the ...more
Ariana
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reread in August 2019.

I needed smiles and laughs and feels and this came to mind. Perfect!
This is one of the ultimately romantic books. Silas is just ….ahhhhhh (where the heck are all the Silases in this world hiding?) and Oz is … brilliantly drawn, in his vulnerable, snarky ways. Very very gratifying. And sigh-worthy!
One I'd definitely recommend, particularly if you need some balm for the soul!

Original review

I smiled, I chuckled, I laughed out loud.
Stellar banter, snarky humour and two incred
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“An adventure Oz. You need that because you’re bored enough to make stupid decisions at the moment”.
.....and what an adventure we were given!
Oz Gallagher found his yellow brick road in Cornwall. I found mine in Lily Morton.
I was laughing from page 1. By the end of the book, I was smirking, smiling, grinning, snickering, giggling, chuckling and chortling. I LOVED THIS BOOK.
So, so many memorable scenes-
The Interview! O.M.G. The best interview EVER.
The Herbert Humpadick meeting! I’m still cracking
Renée
Very satisfying read. Not as much angst as previous Morton books, and the "big bad" was a bit ridiculous. Otherwise, loved the banter and love this author.
Denise H.
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A marvelous British tale of love in an unusual setting !

A simply delightful story in Cornwall! Wild spirited Irishman, Oz, lives in London. His degree in art history and his fiery personality gets him a job on an Earl’s failing estate property.
Lord Silas will be needing someone to refurbish his home. Oz and Silas hit it off quite humorously, and Oz engages everyone with his brash wit. As the two men move along, they flirt, converse, and begin to feel emotions neither man knows how to deal with
Erth
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have say that Oz is one of those characters that will stay with you for all time. He is absolutely hilarious, beautiful and warm. He is just perfect. I love his quick witt and sarcastic mouth. You need to read just to meet Oz. He finds love, of course in the form of a hunky countryman. True love never runs smooth and there are lots of ups and down throughout the book.

I would definitely recommend any of Lily's books, her writing is beautiful with likeable characters and interesting storylines.
Sahitya
It's always exciting to find that a favorite author has a new book out and you weren't even expecting it. That's what happened to me with Oz, because I just happened to stumble upon it and then couldn't wait to start reading immediately. In all my enthusiasm, I didn't even realise that this is Silas's story, who is Henry's brother from Risk Taker and that's just more icing on the cake.

Oz is such a delightful character to read about that I fell in love with him instantly. He is sassy and flamboya
Chris
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
I really loved this book - a perfect bend of sass, humor and love. Silas was the warm hearted Earl trying to change attitudes from the past, Oz was the snarky, sassy organizer who just couldn’t find his place in space. As Oz moves from London to oversee the restoration process in Cornwall he realizes a few things .... life, love, peace & joy. This really was a feel good story, no angst just happiness... loved it❤️ ...more
Vanna
4.5 stars!! 🤩💕💕 Loved it!!! Ms Morton has done it again.. 😁 I'm still to find a book of hers that I don't like..., I just love her writing, her characters and how they fall in love. This one was no different; Silas (Henry's brother from Risk Taker) is living a pretty lonely life on a giant estate and despite being the Earl of the region; he is simple, down-to-earth and sweet natured. In this world arrives the snarky, sassy and delightfully funny Ozzy; who has been hired by Silas's friend/manager ...more
Alex
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really, really LOVE this author.
Her characters are so funny and adorable.
The banter here is as good and entertaining as all her previous books.

So. This is a spin-off from the 'Mixed Message' series.
Silas is Henry's brother. He's an Earl. He lives in Cornwall, trying to restore his house/castle...
He slept with his previous house manager and it didn't end up so well.. For the house AND him.

And Oz... Has a habit to sleep with his boss... Try hard to stop this habit as it hasn't bring any good for
Lyndy Ann ♫
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oz was an enjoyable read, the story was light, hilariously funny and the sex was filthy hot. I loved the location and all the descriptions I felt like I was there on the beach or in the gardens.

I liked Oz and Silas, these two together was easy, they talked, got to know each, they dated and then had lots of sex.

The story moved at a nice pace and I liked the other characters that I got to know along the way and how cute was Chewwy he was Oz’s from day one.

This was going to be a 3* for me until I
Amanda
Ever since I read Rule Breaker by Lily Morton, I have been stalking her every release. This new series didn't disappoint at all with Lily trademark humor and endearing characters. In this book, we have power twink, Oz, the little Irish spitfire and Silas, the Earl of Ashworth, with the Cornwall as the backdrop. I mean, nothing is better than a beautiful scenery to set the mood.

To be honest, Oz is quite the stereotype for sassy twink that I read plenty about, but I enjoyed his brand of witty sar
Sanaa
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m, arc, age-gap
4.5 stars.

Honest to God, there's no one that writes characters like Lily Morton. Her books are always filled with humorous moments, amazing banter and snarky characters. I loved her Mixed Messages series so I'm not surprised that I loved every single moment in this book as well.

Hands down, Oz is the star of this book. I could've read all day long about him and never be bored. There's enough humor and banter to make you want to snort and not read in public because you'll constantly be laughi
Turning Pages At ...: Oz (Finding Home #1) (M/M Buddy Read) by Lily Morton 15 16 Mar 26, 2019 11:13AM

• IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Upside Down
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
Lily is a bestselling gay romance author.

She lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.

She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else

Finding Home (3 books)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)