Start by marking “Dark Illusion (Sharon Davis Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Illusion (Sharon Davis Chronicles, #1)

Dark Illusion

(Sharon Davis Chronicles #1)

This twisted psychological thriller is a game of cat and mouse between a fearless detective and a vicious killer that grows relentlessly darker as dumbfounding truths are revealed

Sharon Davis, tenacious NYPD homicide detective, is determined to catch a ruthless serial killer who disfigures the faces of beautiful, young women before killing them.

When a powerful woman co
Published November 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dark Illusion, please sign up.
Dana Moison Hi Naomi, sorry for the terrible delay, I haven't seen this message up to now. I hope you found a way to read the book by now, but either way feel…moreHi Naomi, sorry for the terrible delay, I haven't seen this message up to now. I hope you found a way to read the book by now, but either way feel free to message me :)(less)

Alex ♈
I must admit this author has a good imagination!

Despite I found many things implausible and professionals acted like amateurs, I couldn’t put it down.
Maayan
Jul 06, 2016 marked it as to-read-soon  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safety-gang-safe
I really LOVE the sound!
And it's safe ;P
Fairywitch
CAUTION: hold your breath - you're gonna need it.

Also - sleep well for a few hours, because you're definitely gonna lose sleep, due to inability to put this book down.

Amazing, fast-paced book, full of surprises that will catch your breath!
Vickie Sarmina
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW - WOW - WOW!! What a great psychological thriller this was!! This entire plot kept changing so much that the reader just couldn’t put the book down, because they were not sure what would happen next!! Glass shards from a mirrored wall is where it all began? Where was this mirrored wall? What happened for the mirrored wall to become damaged? Did it all start twenty years earlier with a young girl by the name of Kelly?

Det Sharon Davis of the NYPD is called to the scene of a dead body, which
Berta Meador
I received an ARC of this book and it was well worth the read. A twisted dark psychological thriller that will leave you breathless. I dislike leaving spoilers. When you figure out who is doing what it is a total mind bend then you realize everything you had just read was not who you thought it was. There is no hint throughout the book. When you get to that point you are much like the people in the story, "say what??" Since there are very few of these types of people in the world you would never ...more
Mike Heyd
Apr 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The 3+ average rating of this novel is hard to understand. The story line is interesting but not well executed. The writing is amateurish, full of misused words, awkward phrasing, grammatical goofs, and irrelevant observations and comments that do nothing to advance the story. It reads like an early draft and seems almost unedited, despite the author's thanks to her editor at the end. I hate to be so negative but people who publish books should strive for quality. This one falls far short.
Edward Smith
DNF

I wanted to like this book as the story was interesting and creative but after having finished 13% of the story I found myself bypassing it when I would open up my Kindle.

This is an instance where I felt the manuscript needed a good editor to help spice things up, particularly over the words chosen, they need to be more descriptive and incendiary e.g. using slash or slice instead of cut to put more emotion into the wording.

I would love to give this another chance after a second or third write
Camden Johnson
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. This was probably the best ebook that I have ever gotten the chance to read. I was lucky enough to recieve a free copy on Amazon and I have to say that I would actually spend money for this book. The book was great and had me unable to stop reading as the characters were all interesting and it felt like I was in on this investigation as well. I predicted the twist but it was still great and left me with some questions that ended up being nicely tied in at the end of the book. Dana Moison h ...more
Teresa
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. ‘Nuff said.
Gail Lemmert
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addicted

Suspense, fear, love, hate, beauty, mental, all at a spell binding pace! You won't put it down, until finished! Fascinating mystery!
Hagit Ben Hur
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "Dark Illusion" managed to leave me with a lot of tension and each chapter attracted me to read the next chapter, until the twist that surprised me in the end but I will not elaborate to make you run and read it too.
This is the first book by the promising young writer Dana Moison, who was very successful in Israel and the United States, her second book "The False Mirror" I read breathlessly ... waiting impatiently for her third book.
Crystal
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like mystery books, especially those similar to James Patterson.

Quick chapters - each with a beginning, middle, and climax. This writing recipe tends to get me fully immersed into character and storyline development.

Dana Moison is a young vibrant woman who has written a thriller novel that actually had me immersed in the story from page one.

We know who the killer is from the beginning of the story, and see the story from the point of the killer (Kelly), detective (Sharon), and famous m
Jessica Johnson
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this book. It is so well written that I didn't want to put it down. The author has such a way with words that it almost throws you right inside the book as you are reading, like you are really there! Once I started, I couldn't put it down and being a blogger, I am always busy, so that is saying something.

I don't do spoilers, but I would like to hint at a few things. I think this is a great book showing the power of women. It isn't every day, that you get a strong female presenc
Melissa (Kersey)  Corbeil
Dana Moison certainly titled this book appropriately!
It is truly a Dark Illusion in more ways than one.
This psychological thriller is a wild ride. Every time you think you have the story figured out, you are faced with a new twist!
Kelly Danes is an Editor in Chief for Inner Beauty Magazine which is ironic on it's own as the story progresses. She has some peculiarities about her and a secret to hide.
Gloria McIntyre is a gorgeous model, some call her the most beautiful woman in the word.
Andy Swain
Annjanette Halton
I started reading this book and couldn't put it down! My attention was captured from the very first line of the book. I enjoyed how the story unfolded with the detective's investigation. I was compelled to keep reading because I wanted to understand the reason for the murders. Even in the last chapter I still wanted to know why to bring closure to the entire story. I like how the epilogue completed the story even though the events had transpired three years prior tithe climax of the story.

I wasn
Sivan
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dark Thriller with a Side of Romance

For the last three years, young and beautiful women were brutally murdered, not before their delicate features had been disfigured. Sharon Davis, a stubborn and tenacious NYPD detective, is on a mission to catch the murderess.She's a workaholic who leaves very little time to attend her personal life. Will she manage to find love while pursuing a dangerous serial killer?

The female power definitely rules this book: the detective, the killer and the victims – a
Jill D Coffin
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original and engaging story line

It's a five-star story , but some of the writing could have been better . Characters were not fully developed and some of the phrasing didn't ring true . I did thoroughly enjoy the pacing, the suspense was drawn out exquisitely . The author tells a great story . I recommend the book for its entertainment and excitement value , as long as you are not dead set on literary accomplishment . I had fun with it ! And I would read another book by this author .
Lin (From Chika With Love - Blog) Cohen
I just loved this awesome book!
Full of suspense and so much more...
Dana took us for a hell of a ride with this story and I couldn't put it down 'till I finished.
This is a must read, people!
Prepare yourselves for a breathtaking read!
Well done by for a debut novel.
I can't wait for more :-)
Hila Avni
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
I’m speechless.
Your writing is amazing.
I don’t read thrillers, and yours was among the first ones.
I felt like I’m in a movie and watching everything from the outside.
Captivating and exiting, can easily turn into a movie.
Diane Perry
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I love a good thriller. I really love one that totally shocks me. This one did that. Great great writing and interesting story. There was so many twists I didn't see half of what was coming. Great job.
Adam Monk-Daschke
I highly recommend this book. I read it and thought it was a great story. I can't wait to read more story from this author. I give this book 10/10 and a 5 star review. I hope everyone who buys this book enjoy it as much as I did. Thank you for the great read
Dorothy
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had a good plot. In some places I had to re-read the paragraph or sentence to realize who was speaking but other than that it was a good book. It is a mix of love story and detective thriller with a good surprise ending.
Judy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I loved this book, stayed up till the wee hours had to finish before I could sleep! Can't wait for the next one.
Mira Rozenfeld
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant thriller !!! perfect book! I enjoyed reading it. Surprising ending!! A must read one!!!!
Estter
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

Page Turner Kept me guessing till the end. Definitely interesting twist although was not too crazy about the mushy love affair
Michal Beny
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting and interesting Bbok .
Highly recommended!
Melissa
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! It keeps you wanting more! I loved it!
Denise
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Dark Illusion' was an interesting story. The characters were an interesting mix of personalities. The only thing that I didn't like was the dialog. I didn't see real people having conversations like that, I could be wrong. But I will read more of this series. A good book to add to your tbr list.
Regina Lively
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GREAT NOVEL!

I really enjoyed reading this interesting crime novel. I believe this is a debut novel for Ms. Moison. I’m very impressed with this book. I will be reading her second novel. The writing was good & the plot was fabulous, with a super surprising conclusion. The editing was very good; there were a small amount of minor typos but nothing annoying or distracting. For lovers of crime novels, this is a must read.
samantha
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful!

Man this book kept me on the edge the whole time i enjoyed the way it was written. Beast thriller mystery.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Eyes of the Predator (The Hunters, #1)
  • A Rush to Violence
  • The Wedding Gift
  • The Mercy of the Night
  • [sic]
  • Louisiana Lament (Talba Wallis, #3)
  • Cold Blood (John Jordan Mystery #13)
  • Death Along the Spirit Road (Manny Tanno #1)
  • Endless Evil (Pruitt County Mysteries, #1)
  • Heat Lightning ( Florida Panhandle Mystery #3)
  • Get Lost (A Gabe McKenna Mystery Book 2)
  • Mystery Dance: Three Novels
  • Rabbit in the Road
  • Missing (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #1)
  • Hunted (Diana Hunter #1)
  • Pursuit
  • The Other Side of Life
  • The Highland Murders: Book 1
Dana V. Moison is an Amazon best-selling author. She was born in 1989, to an Israeli mother and an American father. While most of her family resides in the U.S., she was born and raised in Tel Aviv, Israel. Nevertheless, her frequent visits to her family in New York City have allowed her to experience the city as a local. New York had been the source of inspiration for her first novel, Dark Illusi ...more

Sharon Davis Chronicles (2 books)
  • The False Mirror (Sharon Davis Chronicles #2)