Start by marking “Who Laid the Egg?” as Want to Read:
Who Laid the Egg?

Who Laid the Egg?

Discover some of the wonderful egg-laying animals in our world with this simple, easy-to-read story! In this early science story, young readers can guess which animal laid each egg--and learn what their nests and eggs look like.

Enjoy the warm, realistic pictures as you 'read along' together and meet an ostrich, a chicken, a frog, a turtle, as well as other, more unexpecte
Kindle Edition
Published by Larch Books

To ask other readers questions about Who Laid the Egg?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Laid the Egg?

Lori C
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-kids-books
Charming, simple, and straight to the point.
Tayo Oshaye
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely and simple kid's book

I like the concept of teaching children different types of eggs and animals that lay them. Few words as well
Allison
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful images in a well done story

This well told children’s story has beautiful graphics as well as an educational story line featuring accurate depictions of the eggs and the animals who laid them. Children will love to guess who laid the eggs!
Susan Barton
Who Laid the Egg is meant to teach children about different wild life and the variety of eggs they lay. It's a great concept, but I found the delivery lacking.

I thought the story was a bit repetitive and overly simplified. The animals are vividly illustrated, but the eggs are not. The egg illustrations looked a little blurry... at least to me they do.

Just as another reviewer mentioned, there's a mistake in the book. On one page we're told the eggs do not belong to the platypus, but on the next p
Sandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very simple children's book. I was about to rate it a 3, but then changed my mind. The reason - it is simple. It is not for older children. It is for young children - I would guess from 1 to about 3. I have ten grandchildren and I can see the little ones, the toddlers, asking for this book regularly because it is easy to remember - Who Laid the Egg? I can imagine them guessing at the beginning and then as they have it read over and over to them, be excited because they know the answer ...more
Megan Beckelhimer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first children's book I have reviewed. It isn't something I would normally do, but I really needed something much, much lighter after that last terrible book I read.

There's no plot to this book, so if your kid needs an actual story, this is not the book to read. However, for kids like my three-year-old who are obsessed with animals and dinosaurs and eggs, this is perfect. It's informative and cute and short, which makes it a good bedtime read after a long day. I'll definitely show it
Barbara Ann
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute book for toddlers and preschoolers. The author presents different types of animals, large and small. She mixes up pictures of different eggs and asks the reader, “Who laid the egg?” Children are asked the same question several times. Several choices are presented before the correct answer is given. Young children will enjoy rereading until they become proficient in guessing the right answers. The activity might be extended to learning how to count the eggs.
The illustrations are dr
Juanita Velásquez
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great, perfect for little ones!

Ok! So let's get started, I'm a mom, and answer this and so many other questions isn't as easy as you it It seems, it takes time and a little researching... Not big deal... But your little one is going to be asking for more info, for more pics, and also you gotta make it enjoyable, and this book has it all, it has the info that that ask for, it has a story, is a great read for them, and also it has amazing pictures, my little one and I really enjoy this one togethe
Lauran Burnham
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Completely neutral about this book

I think that I liked the origin story for this book at the end more than I liked the actual book. At least I now know that there are children who are curious about eggs. I can’t imagine my niece and I sitting down to read this book and really enjoying it other than the pictures; however, I can see some child enjoying the classification of the eggs with its animals if they are really into eggs.
Mark Restaino
Educational and Engaging

As I started reading, I thought this book was going to be very repetitive, but it's not. This book is educational and will keep children engaged- they won't be able to guess correctly by repetition, they'll actually have to learn about eggs if they want to be right.
Naibe
Short and witty

Short and sweet delightfully witty and i actually learned soMething! I recommend this as a short fun read and especially if you’re going to a Museum soon! Will have your kiddos anxious to see the animal eggs
Dorothy Scott
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute

I liked the simplicity of the book. The nice big pictures and repeated question about who laid the eggs will keep little ones interested and curious about what animal will lay eggs next.
Kourtney
Cute story
Kerry Reay
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fab book for kids

This is an informative book about different animals that lay eggs. My sons have great fun guessing who laid which eggs
Maria (1000 books a year)
A book for kids to guess which egg us laid by whom. Based on the age of the readers, the book has no information besides names of the animals.
Laura Brumbelow
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Part All the Different Eggs

My five year old daughter said the best part is all the animals and eggs. She keeps wanting to look at it again. Good pictures and story.
Clarissa Ward
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many animals

Cute little sorry of different animals who last eggs. Discover all the different types of eggs later with your kids!
Amanda Williams
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute little educational children's book. This book had some pretty good images and was a joy to read.
Teri Carter
Perfect for a toddler

Perfect for our 2 year old. He is curious about all things and it is short enough to keep his attention to the end.
Tamara Rittershaus
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple and sweet nonfiction

I enjoyed reading this simple and sweet nonfiction with my four year old. She was happily guessing along with the pictures.
Vatsla Chhabra
Apr 30, 2019
Medeia Sharif
Apr 14, 2019
SaehildR
rated it did not like it
May 17, 2019
Audrey Sauble is an artist and writer who loves making books.

A long, long time ago, she began to dream of writing stories—especially fantasy novels. She studied writing, practiced extensively, and even graduated from Corban University with a BA in English Literature and Creative Writing.

After trying to write novels for years, however, she had children and started reading children’s books—hundreds