Start by marking “Saga: Book Three” as Want to Read:
Saga: Book Three

Saga: Book Three

(Saga (Collected Editions) #7-9)

At long last, it's finally time for the THIRD massive hardcover collection of SAGA, the critically acclaimed sci-fi/fantasy series from the multiple Eisner Award-winning team of artist FIONA STAPLES and writer BRIAN K. VAUGHAN. Collecting 18 of the most shocking and impactful issues from the epic tale of Hazel and her star-crossed parents, this deluxe edition features a st ...more
Published June 4th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Saga, please sign up.
Nelson Yes, mine has that issue in several pages, including but not limited to the ones you mentioned. Luckily it seems to only be present in the first arc,…moreYes, mine has that issue in several pages, including but not limited to the ones you mentioned. Luckily it seems to only be present in the first arc, but it does happen in about 10 instances for me. Won't bother returning since it seems to be a widespread problem, sadly (asked somewhere else and all but one person said they had this problem).(less)

Taylan Berk
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh god. Why? I hate this. I hate this sooooo sooo much.

I consider these issues as a direct attack to my mental health.

Just why?
Gerasimos
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2019-favourites
I started reading Saga almost two years ago, but because I took the decision to only read it in the form of these collected editions and not the individual issues or volumes (just because I like my graphic novels chunky), I have been waiting for this for over a year. But oh boy, was it worth the wait!

After 54 issues the story has really come a long way and it was in this volume that the complexities of each story arc culminated to an explosive mid-point. I have fallen in love with every single c
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I had no idea when I picked up the first volume of Saga in 2015 that I was going to become so invested in the series!  I read comics as a kid, sure, but this is not your average comic and it's certainly not kid-friendly.

While Saga is full of sex and violence, it's also a beautifully illustrated tale of family and acceptance with social commentary on the pulse of current hot button topics.

Readers follow Alana and Marko, two soldiers from different planets in a long war to destroy each other.  Ala
Brandon St Mark
I read this as single issues and I STILL cried in the end. This series is just so beautiful. I can’t wait to see what they do when they come back from Intermission because shit has really changed this time around.
Mel (thebookishmel)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
THE SHEER PAIN VOLUME NINE PUT ME IN.

I. WAS. NOT. READY. I didn't expect that ending, and I'm genuinely GUTTED. This entire series is something else, man. Genuinely wowed!
Chris
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EDIT: Stupid mobile not hiding spoilers. I removed them completely on the off chance I ruin something for somebody.

Finally! I held off reading the last couple of trade paperbacks because I wanted to wait for this beautiful edition.

I can't believe I didn't love Saga from the very beginning. I guess I just wasn't sure what to expect and it took me a little while to get the whole graphic-science fiction-fantasy world. But at some point it just clicked and it became one of my favorite comic series.
Thomas De Ceglie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cliffhanger and the hiatus will be the hardest wait ever--can't wait for volume 10..whenever that is!
Amanda Stelter
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What. The. Crap. That ending. What? How am I supposed to wait for the next volume!!!
Keshav
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Katy
“Brilliant. I’ve once again entrusted my future to a pair of lovesick imbeciles.”

Saga is my favourite series, and I wait for the hardcover collections so I can binge a catch up all at once. I purchased book three as a gift to myself and left it in its plastic for weeks, waiting for a perfect moment. Today as fat summer raindrops splashed on my roof, I spent a perfect uninterrupted hour savouring this book and it did not disappoint. The story, characters, and art are all spectacular and I get com
Drucilla
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Gah! Soooo many character deaths in this book! And most of them were people I liked! Plus that cliffhanger! Right before the creators went on hiatus? Not cool.
Alex
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg wtf that was devastating.

I tried to pace myself, but ended up flying through the volumes. Going to be a long wait...
Lewis Szymanski
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
First things first. Fiona Staples is my favorite graphic novel artist. I especially like her face work. While reading other graphic novels I frequently find myself irritated by the sameyness of the faces and having to look for clothing and hairstyle cues to know who I'm looking at.

Saga: Book Three continues doing what Saga has always done, telling a family-based story while looking at disturbing real-world problems in an over the top space fantasy setting. This eighteen-months has the usual lov
HiRo
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Saga likes to do this thing where it ropes me in with cliffhangers that don't end up really mattering in the end. Parents wake up to find a mysterious boy who looks exactly like their daughter standing over them? Nah, just an illusion. Alana goes to a late term abortion blood-coyote who is implied to be extremely dangerous in her practice? Nah, she's fine. The Will gets shot in the abdomen by a crazed murderer? Oh yeah she's a murderer but not *his* murderer, he's fine, his intestinal system is ...more
Hana
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Yet again, Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples take us on an epic journey as tensions escalate in our protagonists's attempt to survive another day together. This story truly has evolved since its beginning, with new characters being added that round the group together in new ways, as well as old characters completely changing narrative directions. It's amazing to see how the story as well as characters grow, and while this edition didn't evoke quite the same level of emotions in me as the previo ...more
Paul
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Saga is the only comic I read exclusively in the "trade" format (in this case, the longer, hardcover editions). When Vol. 3 came out I decided to reread books 1 and 2 just to get my bearings. It's a fantastic series. Maybe the most inventive art of any comic book I've ever read. And it's fearless storytelling. Characters are complex and exist in service to the larger narrative. There's no fan service. The normal rules of comics do not apply here. Death is always a page away, and boy howdy, the c ...more
Jake Nap
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Saga book 3 upholds everything that made the first 2 books so amazing and runs with it. It still perplexes me how complex yet simple the narrative is and how Brian K Vaughn and Fiona Staples so seamlessly intertwine all of these completely different characters into one cohesive story.

This book in particular left quite several holes in my heart after reading it, it’s an emotional rollercoaster and I’m here for all of it. Vaughn and Staples are working at the top of their game delivering some of
Patrick Terry
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I kept myself willfully in the dark on the last arc of entries in the book. I knew something of significance occurred due to the indefinite hiatus news.

Finishing issue #54 and the final panels I was on the floor. Im quite gutted and not emotionally stable. I wasn’t a first comer to Saga, but I have been there since volume 2. My child has grown up almost lock step with Hazel.

I understand the hiatus now. They needed it, I need it.
Amanda
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Death in the saga series is unlike it is in most fiction. It is quick, it is merciless, and it spares no one. Many characters leave us in book three and every one of them is scarring. However, I wouldn't change a single thing. I have faith that the hiatus taking place after this book will not last forever and we will eventually get a satisfying end to this series but until then saga will remain high on my reread list.
Daniel Simmons
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This third "Saga" mega-collection boasts exceptionally beautiful art as always and an intriguing cast of newly imagined characters... unfortunately (spoiler alert!) many of those characters don't stick around long enough for the reader to really care about them, and I personally felt that a bit of tedium has started to settle into the anything-goes world-building and and-then-this-happened plotting. Good ending, tho.
B
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you hate cliff-hangers this omnibus is going to kill you. Its still an amazing story
and well worth reading if you haven't already. There are no predictable plot lines, no cheesy love interests. Just life like characters in an awesome, sexy, scifi comic well worth reading. I hate that im going to have to wait for however this story ends.
Eden
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Batman! I’m used to this story taking me on twist after twist but whyyyyy oh why did it have to go on these twists?! Ahhhh so much sadness. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the progression of the story but to have that last chapter happen at all crushed me and then to have it be the last chapter of the book? Nooooo. When will the next one be available....?
Sven Engling
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible. A modern comic classic. The art is beautiful and the story continues to build in grandeur. A must read for any comic fan or for fans of sci fi. I recommend starting with book 1, since book 3 assumes you have read all the books. It has a lot of story to get through and it wastes no time on recaps.
Didumo Olok
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sometimes wish that the story was like any other with a happy ending instead of a realistic drive and action. But then it wouldn't be the story I fell in love with even though it would stop my tears. I love this Saga and it makes me feel every volume I read. I would recommend this to every reader at one point in their life.
J. Dru
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelby Molloseau
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Idk, I always expect more of this than I get. I loved the first book, but the story really went a direction I didn't anticipate and didn't care for. I suspected the tragedy at the end of this piece, so it didn't really hit me. I love the art work and the unique characters...I just wish I was watching them in a different story.
Tommy Demsky
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. just... wow.

This comic is definitely one of the best stories ever.
Also, I'm really, really glad I decided to always wait for hardcover book, because I can't imagine Saga working in single issues. Especially the last third of this book which is one big climax (apparently, it marks end of first half of the story, from what I can gather.)
Esette
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much. I’m constantly amazed by the art and the story is everything I could want and more. I now have the devastating task of waiting the hiatus out until the come out with more issues.
Nicholas Lariviere
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oooof. Hard to say much without talking about plot points, but Saga has definitely moved beyond the bounds of "game of thrones in space" centered on a single family, and Vaughan continues to be nearly unparalleled.
Brittany
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't even form a proper review. The last volume broke me, okay. Just... excuse me, but what? I'm late to this series, but how in the world is anyone supposed to just wait around after that??
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1