Start by marking “Saga: Book Three” as Want to Read:
Saga: Book Three

Saga: Book Three

(Saga (Collected Editions) #7-9)

At long last, it's finally time for the THIRD massive hardcover collection of SAGA, the critically acclaimed sci-fi/fantasy series from the multiple Eisner Award-winning team of artist FIONA STAPLES and writer BRIAN K. VAUGHAN. Collecting 18 of the most shocking and impactful issues from the epic tale of Hazel and her star-crossed parents, this deluxe edition features a st ...more
Published June 4th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Saga, please sign up.
Nelson Yes, mine has that issue in several pages, including but not limited to the ones you mentioned. Luckily it seems to only be present in the first arc, …moreYes, mine has that issue in several pages, including but not limited to the ones you mentioned. Luckily it seems to only be present in the first arc, but it does happen in about 10 instances for me. Won't bother returning since it seems to be a widespread problem, sadly (asked somewhere else and all but one person said they had this problem).(less)

Start your review of Saga: Book Three
Taylan Berk
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh god. Why? I hate this. I hate this sooooo sooo much.

I consider these issues as a direct attack to my mental health.

Just why?
Gerasimos Reads
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favourites, own
I started reading Saga almost two years ago, but because I took the decision to only read it in the form of these collected editions and not the individual issues or volumes (just because I like my graphic novels chunky), I have been waiting for this for over a year. But oh boy, was it worth the wait!

After 54 issues the story has really come a long way and it was in this volume that the complexities of each story arc culminated to an explosive mid-point. I have fallen in love with every single c
Mel (thebookishmel)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
THE SHEER PAIN VOLUME NINE PUT ME IN.

I. WAS. NOT. READY. I didn't expect that ending, and I'm genuinely GUTTED. This entire series is something else, man. Genuinely wowed!
Lukasz
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
6 stars

The ending destroyed me. It's such an incredible, heart-wrenching story.

And now I join the ranks of fans hoping Saga hiatus will end soon.

It needs to.

⠀annie⠀✧*ೃ༄
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
✧ • ° . ◦ *⠀┊ four and a half stars.

Saga: Book One : ★★★★½
Saga: Book Two : ★★★★

⠀i am sad. i am very sad. i did not like that ending and i don't like the fact that twenty months have passed since issue #54. this was very, very good. i enjoyed this collection more than book two, and about the same as book one. i will eagerly await for the saga hiatus to be over.

↠ ebook
↠ 04.04.20 — 04.04.20
annotated? no
readathon? n/a
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I had no idea when I picked up the first volume of Saga in 2015 that I was going to become so invested in the series!  I read comics as a kid, sure, but this is not your average comic and it's certainly not kid-friendly.

While Saga is full of sex and violence, it's also a beautifully illustrated tale of family and acceptance with social commentary on the pulse of current hot button topics.

Readers follow Alana and Marko, two soldiers from different planets in a long war to destroy each other.  Ala
James
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, I'm finally caught up to the hiatus in the Saga issues. I had some pieces of this last installment spoiled for me before reading this, but not THAT twist. There's no way that closing page sticks, right? I think Brian K Vaughan has gotten more and more cruel as the series goes along, and that final page was one of many moments that were pretty shocking. The series just keeps getting better, even if I think it has a tendency to lean on the twist of "character in peril = character off screen ...more
Brandon St Mark
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this as single issues and I STILL cried in the end. This series is just so beautiful. I can’t wait to see what they do when they come back from Intermission because shit has really changed this time around.
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
God, this ending still hurts.

I mean, it really, really hurts. I have to give kudos to BKV + Staples for telling a story where these characters come together and hurt each other and it hurts but you understand it? Like, seeing all the threads that lead to Doff and Upsher, Prince Robot IV, The Will, Marko and Alana - seeing the path that brought them here makes sense but it doesn't make it any easier to stomach. It truly hurts seeing the end result.

So, while I'm sad, I'm just more in awe of how
Chris
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EDIT: Stupid mobile not hiding spoilers. I removed them completely on the off chance I ruin something for somebody.

Finally! I held off reading the last couple of trade paperbacks because I wanted to wait for this beautiful edition.

I can't believe I didn't love Saga from the very beginning. I guess I just wasn't sure what to expect and it took me a little while to get the whole graphic-science fiction-fantasy world. But at some point it just clicked and it became one of my favorite comic series.
Michael B Tager
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal. Just brutal. So good and funny and twisted and so, so sad. Someday I'm going to sit down with allll of the books (when this is finally finished) and it's going to be a sad, wonderful treat to read them all in a row.
Rumi Bossche
Shakespearean greatness. And so sad !
Thomas De Ceglie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cliffhanger and the hiatus will be the hardest wait ever--can't wait for volume 10..whenever that is!
Emily Strand
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads ppl, please be sure to tell my family that I formally request to be buried with the Saga series. Thx!
Matt Smith
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't be partial about this book. Saga is one of the best things I've ever read and the scope of it, the boldness of it, the sexiness, the romanticness... all of it is wonderful.

But also. Damn.
Dejan Šiptar
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel does not let you go. Original, creative, weird, funny, disturbing, powerful, heartbreaking.
Shawn Falkner-Horine
I'm not crying, you're crying...

Saga continues to swell with visceral emotion, vibrant aesthetic, and vast adventure.

It's a hell of a great read!!
Drew
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goddamn heart.
James
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why the hell would you do that Vaughan???? You mother F’er!! This last book was crazy! Talk about cliff hangers. Geez. But Brian K Vaughan I hate you and I want to kick you! Don’t read this book people!
( Do read it, it’s really great)
Amanda Stelter
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What. The. Crap. That ending. What? How am I supposed to wait for the next volume!!!
Sam
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Oh nooooo, Saga.
I ADORED the first two books in this series (yes I know you're probably supposed to talk about comics in terms of issues or whatever but I'm very new at this). Like, adored them so much I couldn't stop reading long enough between them to write a review (which I've been mostly too lazy to do the past few months for anything, but still). The first two-thirds of the story so far were masterfully done, hitting beat after emotional beat without feeling forced. I loved the art! I loved
Keshav
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dave
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Its always a pleasure to dive back into the world of Saga that writer Brian K. Vaughan and artist Fiona Staples have crafted so successfully. Each hardcover volume in this series seems to end on a cliffhanger and volume three is no different. The wait between volumes can be excruciating!

This book sees different narratives developing simultaneously but the focus remains on Alana, Marko, Hazel and Prince Robot IV. The character development and growth of the core family of Alana, Marko and Hazel c
Lewis Szymanski
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
First things first. Fiona Staples is my favorite graphic novel artist. I especially like her face work. While reading other graphic novels I frequently find myself irritated by the sameyness of the faces and having to look for clothing and hairstyle cues to know who I'm looking at.

Saga: Book Three continues doing what Saga has always done, telling a family-based story while looking at disturbing real-world problems in an over the top space fantasy setting. This eighteen-months has the usual lov
Katy
“Brilliant. I’ve once again entrusted my future to a pair of lovesick imbeciles.”

Saga is my favourite series, and I wait for the hardcover collections so I can binge a catch up all at once. I purchased book three as a gift to myself and left it in its plastic for weeks, waiting for a perfect moment. Today as fat summer raindrops splashed on my roof, I spent a perfect uninterrupted hour savouring this book and it did not disappoint. The story, characters, and art are all spectacular and I get com
Wouter Dhondt
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Better than the 2nd book, not as good as the 1st. Some characters from previous stories are sidelined (like Gwendolyn and Sophie) and I hope they come back. Cause for me, these kind of characters are the interesting ones. Don't really care for Marco and Alana, that's too much soap opera for me. In this volume, the interesting stories are from Prince Robot, Petrichor and the Will.

And yes, lots of character deaths, but some characters have been dead 2-3 times at this point and are still walking ar
Reba A.
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, 2020
Vol. 7: ★★★★☆
Vol. 8: ★★★★☆
Vol. 9: ★★★★☆
Anticipation and dread aren’t opposites, just different versions of the same game. Both involve knowing that something is going to happen, but not knowing when. And whether you end up winning or losing, you at least get to reach a conclusion. There’s always some comfort in that.

Goodmorning, Denial Stage, you’re home now
Eliatan
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, inspiring and heartbreaking addition to the life of young Hazel, her family and ever growing collection of dedicated friends.

Once again the beauty and world building of this dynamic duo have produced a mature and nuanced novel in the form of a gorgeous graphic experience, collected into a quality hardcover experience.

I hope there are many more Saga collections to come.
Drucilla
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Gah! Soooo many character deaths in this book! And most of them were people I liked! Plus that cliffhanger! Right before the creators went on hiatus? Not cool.
Kevin Greene

• Big Hard Sex Criminals: Volume Two
  • Postal: The Complete Collection
  • Harrow County: Library Edition Volume 1
  • House of X/Powers of X
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1