Start by marking “Driven by Fire (Driven by Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Driven by Fire (Driven by Fire, #1)

Driven by Fire

(Driven by Fire #1)

Piper stands at a literal crossroads. Behind her is the driveway back to her cheating boyfriend, her trailer home and her future. All things she can now confidently add “ex” to. In front of her is the highway leading to the Northwest Territories in one direction and the one-street oil town where she works in the other. With a duffle bag slung over her shoulder, she takes t ...more
Published November 6th 2018 by FriesenPress (first published November 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Driven by Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven by Fire

Start your review of Driven by Fire (Driven by Fire, #1)
Zoe
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tantalizing, atmospheric, and steamy!

Driven by Fire is a passionate, alluring tale that mixes the hardworking, focused Piper who’s determined to finally take some risks and put her own dreams and goals first, and the charming, secretive Brandon who after having a years break is finally ready to head back to his fast-paced, high society lifestyle.

The writing is smooth and seductive. The characters are hesitant, kindhearted, and endearing. And the plot, set during the wildfires that ravaged Northe
C.R. Alam
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This erotic romance follows the story of Piper and Brandon–two seemingly simple people at first. As you read through, then you find out that there are more about them than what meets the eye. Brandon is introduced quite fast and detailed - it is easy to identify him. He is a confident man, who knows who he is. In no time, you'll have a crush on him. Piper, though, is a bit different. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this character. She seems all over the place, but as I kept reading, the ...more
Mrs. Y
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews, erotica
Today we are reviewing a book that is spicy and sweet at the same time. Eden Rayna asked me to give an honest review of "Driven by Fire," and I picked it up on Kindle Unlimited.

Fun fact, my husband, Mr. Y was a long-haul truck driver for a long time, and once upon a time, I went with him for two weeks to find out more about how it worked. With this added bit of knowledge, the story took me to that memory of my two-week road trip, and I appreciated the memory. However, I need to point out, and t
Nichole
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Years of Piper's life down the drain, when she finds her boyfriend in bed with another women.

Angry and alone Piper finds herself on the side of the hwy ..on foot! Making her way to the small town of Fort McKay, Alberta.

Brandon, a tech millionaire is fighting his own life battles. Decides trucking is the way to hide for the time being, until everything settles.

Luck changes for them both when Brandon comes apron Piper on the side of the hwy. Worried for her safety, offers her a ride but knows t
KarenJo Custodio
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

The beginning was slow for me so I had trouble getting into the story and connecting with the characters. I also didn’t like the inner monologues and felt that they were a bit too long. I actually had to put the book down a few times cause I just wasn’t feeling it. I did think the writing style was really easy to read, but for some reason... there just wasn't enough drama or excitement like I was hoping. I'm just so used to romances that can effortlessly charm me and instantly get me hooked.
Book Fanatic
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story follows Piper and Brandon two individuals who are wanting to forget their pasts.

With an unexpected breakup, Piper finds herself taking a reality check. As working at a diner in a small town as a waitress and realising that this town may not be the place for her she starts to imagine of rebuilding her life.

However with a wild fire on the horizon it causes truck driver Brandon to colloid into the world by staying that same small town longer that they both thought so.

What started as a one
Candy Edwards
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. I loved the characters in the book. However I feel as though more emphasis should have been on the HEA ending. It was much too short for me. Piper walks in on Chad, her boyfriend for the past three years, with another woman. She randomly throws clothes into her duffel bag and the thing she keeps thinking is how could she let her life get so out of control. She barely knew Chad and followed him to a new place where she knew no one and left all of her own dreams behind. She h ...more
Laura Holland
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First up Eden Rayna has done a fantastic job with this steamy novel but the fact it's her debut is very impressive!

The story flowed beautifully with a backstory from Piper that unfortunately a lot of women can relate to. And Brandon, well he's just every woman's fantasy written with words! But that being said what follows is a hot, sexy and quick paced love story that weaves its way together to create a book you can't quite put down.

I have never been to Canada but the author did a superb job in
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all, this is Eden Rayna's debut novel and I have to say I am very impressed.

I very much loved that fact that that it takes place in Canada and that Eden is Canadian. I don't read so many books that take place in Canada so it was nice to be able to read something that takes place in my Country.

This erotic story is a very good one that I have already recommended to some friends and I do recommend to you all who love erotic romance. This book was one I could not put down because the story
Becka
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed the Canadian Contemporary Romance. This story followed a girl named Piper, fresh out of a relationship with her cheating ex. Stuck in Northern Alberta in a one-horse-town she unexpectedly meets a truck driver, Brandon, who is passing through town. With undeniable chemistry between the two, it is no surprise when they decide to hook up for the night. But what happens when one night turns into two? Then three?

This hot and steamy romance, located in a secluded community in the Can
queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Eden Rayna and what a fantastic debut novel it is.
This book is an erotic romance novel featuring Piper and Brandon. It follows their love story and the choices they make whilst being evacuated during a wildfire.
Driven by fire has some great characters and I loved the relationship between Piper and her best friend Danielle. There are lots of obstacles in the way of Piper and Brandon being together so you will have to read this book to see if they can overcome everything
it.sgottabethebooks
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
DRIVEN BY FIRE
By Eden Rayna
3.5 ⭐️

Driven By Fire is a debut novel by Canadian writer Eden Rayna. I was asked if I would be interested in reading it for an honest review. I love discovering new, up and coming authors so I jumped at the chance.

Brandon and Piper’s characters were likeable and well developed. It was a very realistic read and followed both their lives from the moment they met. It was quite a long read but very detailed.

I look forward to seeing Eden’s writing as she explores and deve
Myrna
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Brandon and Piper

by Myrna C.

Piper living in a small oil rig town with her cheating boyfriend of 4 years. Caught him on the act again in their own home and left him. Brandon on the other hand is working as a trucker passing town. He had his other glamorous life left behind after a divorce. They met and both thought in the beginning that all they want is a quick no strings affair, but found in the end that it is the forever kind.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Melissa
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
Their passion might match the heat of the wildfires if they let it. Piper walked in on her boyfriend and now she's walking on the side of the road and Brandon took long-haul trucking after a messy divorce. They met by chance but life gives them more than one opportunity to be together.
The characters are engaging, titillating and amazing.

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Piper and Brandon have an immediate connection, and it is easy to slip into the groove of their story. The threatening wild-fire helps to build a sense of urgency and intensity, which I feel totally fits with Piper and Brandon’s relationship. As the fires draw near it becomes evident some very hard choices are imminent.
Lototy
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
Full Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 1st book I've read written by Eden Rayna; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Pat
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The storyline was well written and the characters were so well developed that I was hooked from the very first page! I really enjoyed the interaction between Piper and Brandon and the chemistry between these two was off the charts HOT! Will these two forget their respective pasts and move on together? You will have to read this book to find out! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Mary Burgess
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piper meets Brandon on the night she left her boyfriend for cheating. This couple absolutely had insta-lust, but they have many obstacles to overcome if they want to get their HEA. Good story with definitely strong and vivid characters with lots of hot, steamy scenes. Very good read!

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jennifer Richey
Yessss!!!! This book was spicy and hot!! Piper walks in on our boyfriend in a position that she finally leaves and she meets Brandon but this is when so many secrets and lies come in to play!

Katherine
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I've read written by Eden and I definitely want more!!!! Book grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let go!!! So much chemistry and passion between Piper and Brandon. Loved it!!!

Laurie Murray
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Piper and Brandon meet by chance in the small town of Fort Mackay and what starts out as a one night stand turns into so much more. There is a wildfire burning that has kept Brandon in town for longer than expected which means he gets to spend more time with Piper.
Chibik
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great story, really enjoyed it. I liked how they were together and how their relationship developed, and the sex scenes were hot and plentiful! I liked how Brandon was gentle and supporting, and how Piper regained self-assurance with him. I understood her decision at the end, after all, he had a year to get over his divorce, she only had one week. I was a bit disappointed with his reaction to it, a bit immature. But a happy ending at last, so satisfying! Few unbelievable details though - ...more
Anathea Krrill
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorching hot! Sweet! Deeply emotional! Erotic with a capital E!Driven by Fire is everything you could want from a romance read.
Yet, it is so much more. A study of two lovers previously messed up by nasty breakups; an emotional journey into being yourself; learning to trust again.
The chemistry between Piper and Brandon is exceptional. I loved the fact that it was Brandon, who pursued a relationship and did most of the chasing, whereas all Piper wanted to start with was a no-strings episode.
The
Ashleigh
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a superb storyline that grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and on edge throughout the whole book!

I was very impressed with how simply and effortlessly this author told this addicting, multi-layered story with well-developed world building and great characters.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Jennifer Suzanne
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was delicious and steamy and I was way to invested in these characters and Brandon is the perfect man. An excellent light and fast summer read.
Eden Rayna
Jul 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello steamy romance readers!
Check out this hot new cover for Driven by Fire! The content is the same as the previous edition, it just got a little makeover and is now available on Kindle Unlimited!
For all the reviews, see the older version.
Myrna
Apr 06, 2019
Keira Louise Garner
Jul 07, 2020
Nicola Hawkings
Nov 20, 2019
Mary Williams
rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2019

• Wait for Me
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Make Her Mine, #4)
  • The Protective SEAL
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • Her SEAL Rescuer
  • The SEAL's Christmas Baby
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Never Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #1)
  • Possessive Rider (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #116)
  • Possessing His Dancing Queen (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #112)
  • Sacrifice of the Septimus: Part 1 (Afterlife Saga, #7)
  • Mr. May (Calendar Boys #5)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Possessive Hunter (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #96)
  • Christmas Child: Discover this spellbinding Victorian Saga Romance by Carol Rivers. (Victorian Saga Romance Series Book 1)
  • Wrong (Wrong, #1)
  • Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #4)
Eden Rayna was born in Calgary, Alberta. After several attempts to leave through travels and school in far off places, she realised there was no place better to call home than the sprawling city at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. A lover of her family, Chinook winds and romance novels, Eden is thrilled to be writing stories that represent her culture and way of life.

On the recommendation of her

Driven by Fire (2 books)
  • Out of Bounds (Driven by Fire, #2)