Start by marking “Nostrand Avenue” as Want to Read:
Nostrand Avenue

Nostrand Avenue

Jamison "Kango" Watts was once known as an invisible man, a quiet "fixer" who always got the job done with clean hands and cash in his pocket. Now he's living the quiet life in DC, running a soul food restaurant and doing the occasional job to scratch his old itch. All that changes when Jelly blows into town with the ultimate score, one that will take Kango first to London ...more
Published July 30th 2019 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about Nostrand Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nostrand Avenue

Andre
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5⭐’s. This novel is clever in its offbeat manner. An interesting story of Kango, whose name we don't learn until the third chapter. More like an opportunist who is always ready to make a dollar, consequences be damned. A gangster figure who dabbles in crime. In addition to the criminal dabbling, Kango is also a writer. You see, this book is craftily written in 2nd person and author Kenji Jasper offers the reason why to readers through Kango,'s character.

" As a note to the reader , you are wri
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Maybe I was expecting too much from this book. I have read this author previously, but this book did not do it for me. The concept seemed interesting but it just had too much going on. Some of the book was not well defined which took away from the story for me. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book. Although I received the book in this manner, it did not effect my opinion of this book nor my review.
T. Beasley
Jamison Watts is a fixer and good at it. He retires to live a simple life until an old friend tells him about a job that peeks his interest. When he faces people from his past his retirement ends.

This urban fiction is about danger, life and survival. It seems Jamison is forced to face his past to find out who wants him dead. The descriptions throughout the book we’re done well. I can visualize the scenes, but missed the connection with the characters. The story is told in second person, which ma
Cyber
is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2019
Dona
Aug 27, 2018
Kenji Jasper has also written under the pseudonym D.