Start by marking “Dangerous Flaws: Leah Nash Mysteries, Book 5” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Flaws: Leah Nash Mysteries, Book 5

Dangerous Flaws: Leah Nash Mysteries, Book 5

(Leah Nash Mysteries #5)

A chilling murder shocks a small Wisconsin town.

True crime writer Leah Nash is stunned when police investigating the murder of a beautiful young college professor focus on her ex-husband Nick. Leah has no illusions about her ex, but despite his flaws, she just can’t see him as a killer. Reluctantly, she agrees to help Nick’s attorney prove that he isn’t.

But Nick’s lies m

Published December 11th 2018 by Himmel River Press

CD {Boulder Blvd}
I binge read this series. I didn't really like book #1, but gave the author a second chance and liked book #2 and moved to 3, then 4, then 5. Although none of them hit the high note for me, I did like series as a whole. Leah Nash got on my nerves early on but somewhat matured during the series. It definitely felt like a soap opera with mature people acting out teen drama and angst during lots of the series which is a negative for me. There are some good twists but each book feels like it ends in ...more
Ruthie Jones
"I know you can't always get what you want, but is it really fair of the universe to give you exactly what you don't want instead?"

Dangerous Flaws is a fast-paced mystery with an ending that is both astonishing and heartbreaking. All good mysteries have the whodunit aspect as the main theme, but Dangerous Flaws jazzes up that theme with memorable characters and witty dialogue. While this book is the fifth in this Leah Nash Mystery series, it can easily stand alone. But after such a fun story, I
Joan
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think I've read all of the Leah Nash mysteries and they just keep getting better. Nash is my kind of protagonist. She is quick to be irritating people with her intense investigation into a murder. She's pushy when she knows people are lying. She's relentless when she thinks she's on the right trail. While she ultimately solves the mystery, she takes a few wrong paths to get there.

The plot for this mystery was a bit complex. There were plenty of red herrings that kept me wondering who the murde
Felicia
Bait and switch, sleight of hand, and mind-boggling plot twists accompanied my initiation into the Leah Nash mysteries and Himmel, Wisconsin—a small town with a high murder rate!

When a local academic is murdered and the police are closing in on her ex-husband/ex-boyfriend, Nick, as the killer, Leah knows they are looking in the wrong direction. But how does she convince them of this?

Not without proof, and “consulting” on Nick’s legal defense gives her the avenues, if not the access, to ask the h
Darcia Helle
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better!

Dangerous Flaws opens with an intense prologue that immediately sucked me in. I was right there with the characters, totally committed, from start to finish.

Susan Hunter excels at pacing and creating a multi-layered story. We have mystery and suspense, humor, and a tangle of relationships that had me giggling and gasping. I enjoyed the interplay with the characters as much as I enjoyed solving the mystery.

Leah Nash is a fun, realistic character. She isn’t a supe
Cats of Ulthar March of Shoggoths
I adore Susan Hunter's Leah Nash Mysteries. Every book is jam-packed with suspense and tension, danger, deeply delineated characters, and the hardrock passion for uncovering truth possessed by driven investigative journalist (now true crime author) Leah Nash. Leah's newspaper, The Himmel Times, is now co-owned by Lisa and her landlord, Miller, local attorney and man of wealth. Following the open house for the newspaper, a college professor disappears while walking her beloved dog Tennyson, whose ...more
Shelly
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is my first book in the Leah Nash Mystery Series - and WOW! I can't wait to get my hands on the first four to get more of the backstory. I'm not a fan of starting a series unless I can from book one; but the blurb grabbed ahold of me. The entire flow of the story from the setting to the mystery to characters -- it's all strong! Leah's strength and forward-looking attitude are shaken when she has to confront an assortment of flaws from her past, including her ex-husband. I would have liked t
Amelia Autin
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Stars rounded up to 5.0 Stars

DANGEROUS FLAWS, the fifth book in the Leah Nash mystery series, is brilliant, compelling, and a terrific follow-up story to DANGEROUS SECRETS.

No spoilers, but I was deliciously chilled by the mystery's resolution. The clues were all there (some having been laid in the previous book, but you didn't have to read that one to know what was going on in this one). Susan Hunter just keeps getting better and better at setting the stage and bringing closure to her myste
Cassidy
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read. Leah Nash, a likeable, no-nonsense heroine, battles conflicting feelings as she tries to solve a murder – could the man she had once loved be capable of murder? This latest installment in the series has a very intricate plot with two separate murder investigations underway. The red herrings and intriguing twists kept me wondering, and the final resolution came as a surprise. The clues may have been there, but I didn’t see it coming. A fast-paced, interesting and enjoy ...more
Nancy
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We’re back with some of our friends from the newspaper. It seems as if there’s always a bit of drama there.

Leah Nash is back chasing down some of the drama while managing to create more.

Small towns aren’t usually known for murders, especially multiple ones.

Are the flaws in Leah and her ex dangerous? They’re definitely dangerous in some of the town’s other inhabitants.

I always enjoy Leah Nash mysteries, and hold a special place in my heart for her lovable friend, Miguel. He’s one smart cookie.

I’m
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are a handful of series that I regularly read and the Leah Nash Mysteries is one of my favorite series to read. Dangerous Flaws is the fifth book in the series and it was an exciting addition to the series. The mystery is this book definitely kept me guessing and I definitely did not see the murderer being the person it was in the end. I loved the book from start to finish and the writing was great throughout the entire book.

I am curious as to what is going to happen with Leah and Coop an
Laura Tancredi
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Not always right

I read five Leah Nash books. I stuck with the series out of curiosity to see if Leah ever "grew up". I found her character to be tiresome and her always right attitude despite the consequences to be frustrated and not entertaining. Kudos for her approach to connecting the clues to event be right. But ever be dammed if she didn't like what you had to say.
Jana H Cleveland
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leah Nash/great series

I've binge read these books and appreciate that Leah, newspaper reporter turned true crime writer and murder investigator is rarely on the right track, but keeps plugging away till she solves the mystery. She's flawed but very likeable. Read this series. Hope there are a lot more books. I love the supporting characters too!
Karol Davidson
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

I love this series and this book! I feel as though the characters have become my friends. Although I didn't figure who did it the clues where there. I highly recommend the whole series. As always I can't wait to read about Leah's future adventures!
bonnie kirchner
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Flaws

This is the last book in the Leah Nash series. I loved it . Very good suspense and thrills. I only wish that Cope and Leah would have gotten together. I hope if there is a next book the two of them get together. I recommend this series
Suzanne Miller
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coming Together

It's amazing how quickly Leah gets into the reader's mind. She is both likeable and puzzling at the same time. Lots of twists and turns keep popping up when you think you have it all figured out.
Kathleen Quinn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Mystery

Leah Nash is a wonderful heroine and all these books have been terrific. Loved both the interaction between the characters and the plot. I could not put this book down!
Sharon J Langley
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this read..

Great read from a great series. Can't wait for more. The other books in the series are just as entertaining. The characters are believable.
Ann Sargent
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

Read the entire series - could not put it down. I love the characters and the surprise endings. Great read.
Barbara Dunbar
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous flaws

The brash and stubborn Leah does it again. This character never knows when to stop even if her life is threatened again
Bernie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Flaws review

Dangerous Flaws is the fifth exciting fast paced book in the Leah Nash mysteries series written by author Susan Hunter.
M Werrett
Dec 16, 2018
Jocelyn Ashton
Jan 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am a charter member of Introverts International (which meets the 12th of Never at an undisclosed location).I've worked as a reporter and managing editor, during which time I received a first place UPI award for investigative reporting and a Michigan Press Association first place award for enterprise/feature reporting. Which for someone whose previous award history consisted of 3rd place in the 5 ...more

Leah Nash Mysteries (5 books)
  • Dangerous Habits (Leah Nash Mysteries, #1)
  • Dangerous Mistakes (Leah Nash Mysteries, #2)
  • Dangerous Places (Leah Nash Mysteries #3)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Leah Nash Mysteries #4)