Start by marking “Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2)

Sweet Wild of Mine

(Where the Wild Hearts Are #2)

Love runs wild at the Sagebrush Flats Zoo...

In a bid to revitalize his career, bestselling author Magnus Gray has come to Sagebrush Flats to write about the local zoo's latest rescue―an orphaned baby polar bear. But Magnus dreads the drama of small towns and is bullishly determined to keep to himself.

June Winters is a people person, and delights in welcoming Magnus to Sage
Mass Market Paperback, 389 pages
Published May 28th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Wild of Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Wild of Mine

Start your review of Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2)
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Magnus Gray is volunteering at Sagebrush Flats zoo in efforts to appease his agent and find new-and hopefully-appealing material for his next book. He’s a loner with an obvious don’t-touch-me vibe, stemming from his mother abandoning him as a child and his dad being..well, a jerk. So meeting the town’s extremely effervescent resident, June Winters, on his first day doesn’t set the best foot forward.

June is a take charge, almost in-your-face type. Truthfully, June was one of the most overwhelming
Aly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't know if the title was a pun to the Guns N' Roses's song but everytime I see it, there's a singing voice in my head who's like : "Oh, oh, oh, oh, sweet wild of mine 😏.

Okay, let's be serious for a minute. After her amazing debut book (Wild on my Mind) last year, I was curious and excited to read the next and even more happy to realize I now have a new author. In Sweet Wild of Mine, I found again the same writing style that delighted me the first time, a way of putting words together that's a
Samantha (WLABB)
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

With sales of his books looking dismal, Magnus' publisher suggested he get back to his roots. His success was found in sharing tales about life in a small town caring for animals, and they thought this bit of inspiration could be found in Sagebrush Falls. What Magus wasn't anticipating was June Winters, the eternally chipper business owner and busy body. At first, he rebuffed all her attempts of friendship, but when his publisher suggested he create a vlog of his experiences, he
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I have a thing for zoos.  I was thrilled to find the first book, Wild on My Mind at the library.  I am continuing on with the Where the Wild Hearts Are series .

Well I didn't feel the first book was very realistic and neither is the next one.  The characters emotions and issues and feelings are quite real but the overa
Bea
May 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I made it as far as chapter 4 before giving up. Magnus is a grumpy cantankerous hero with a stutter. June is a former stutterer who is rude, presumptuous, often thoughtless, and doesn't understand why he objects to her constant manhandling of him (she's always grabbing him, without his permission). For a full list of my problems with this book, see my Twitter thread as I read the first 4 chapters: https://twitter.com/BeasBookNook/stat... ...more
Saly
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am always on the look-out for new-to-me contemporary authors. This happens to be this author's second book, and worked way better for me than the first to be honest. The reason: I loved the characters, the shy, awkward hero, the vivacious heroine and the animals too!

Magnus Gray is an author and a recluse. He is so not a people's person given the isolated way he grew up. But his new books aren't clicking with the readers so his editor wants him to go back to his roots. Hence, Magnus finds himse
Sophia
What could be more fun than a honey badger matchmaker and a small zoo out in the country full of exotic and sometimes eccentric animals? How about adding a second more tenacious honey badger, a cuddly polar bear cub, a curmudgeonly Scottish writer, and an overly friendly woman with a Southern drawl. The Sagebrush Flats Zoon might just never survive this opposites attract romance pair or Honey's matchmaking antics.

Sweet Wild of Mine is book two in this delightful series of standalone romances set
♡AbbyBooks♡
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was amazing just Like the first book. No this book was also unique the two love stories in this book was truly amazing. I just everything about this two nain characters. I just ugh I love this book.
Kristin
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Sweet Wild of Mine is the second story in the Where the Wild Hearts Are series. In this installment we meet Magnus, a best-selling author who has hit a bit of a snag in his career. His publisher thinks it would be best if he went back to his roots of being around animals and documenting his time in nature in order to pull in the readers again. So, he packs up and heads to Sagebush where there's a little zoo getting quite a bit of buzz around it. Magnus hopes that by spending time at the zoo, hel ...more
Lucy Dosch
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
June Winters and Magnus Gray fit the bill of opposite attracts.

June Winters was raised as a true southern lady, always a smile on her face and a helping hand and a kind word for everyone. She is naturally bubbly and folks in the small town of Sagebush Flats gravitate toward her. Everyone that is other than the newcomer to town, author Magnus Gray.

Magnus is more a...total eclipse to June's sunny disposition. Magnus was raised on a small, isolated farm off the coast of Scotland. Alone with just th
Kate (kate_reads_)
May 20, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: dnf-2019
DNF at 43%

So - starting with what drew me in. This is a romance where our hero Magnus is a grumpy Scot (two things I love in a romance hero) who TAKES CARE OF BABY POLAR BEARS. I read that and immediately said “sign me up!!!!”

However - after getting almost halfway through in over a week of reading, I am accepting that I’m not the right reader for this book and setting it aside.

I don’t love the heroine June - she is the type of person who is always so convinced she’s right that she just runs ri
Samantha
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
While not as strong a story as the first book—the conflict was fairly predictable and not resolved in as satisfying or original a manner—this was still a very enjoyable read! I love the use of the zoo to twist the very small town contemporary tropes, and the handling of disfluency came across as very thoughtful & well-researched. And obviously the romance was very sweet and sensual.

I still however could 100% do without the animal POVs lol.
Isha Coleman
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tons of cute and cuddle worthy moments await. Sweet Child of Mine seems to thrive on the premise that less is more. Kerr goes for romantically sweet more sensually hot. Not only is there a chance to fall in love with a falling in love, but there is also an eye opening message behind the romance. Getting to know some adorable animals and making a point about protecting the vulnerable. Laughter, love and insight await in an adorably fun package.
Gina
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love this series!!! Definitely one of my favorites. I love that it's set at the zoo. You feel like you get to know each one of the animals involved personally, and one of them even gets their own POV. I can't wait for the next one!!!
Avid Reader
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2) by Laurel Kerr
3 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Child abuse
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the second book in the series and while you don't have to read book 1 to understand what's goin on in book two, there are some repeat characters.

June is a vibrant, bubbly woman who loves her life. What she misses is someone to share her life with. Her friends are hilarious and they have great sense when it comes to what June ne
Kärt
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this via NetGalley, but that in no way influences my review.

First of all, I hadn't read the first in the series before this. I blame my eagerness to request anything on NetGalley which involves something about Scotland, Ireland, UK... But thankfully that didn't affect my enjoyment of the novel at all, it could be considered a standalone. But I will definitely try and read the first now as well if I get the chance!

Both of the main characters have quirks that I found charming,
Becky
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the description of this book and thought it would be a wonderful read. Well, I was wrong. This book hit a few pet peeves for me. Most notably the Scottish slang was to say the least jarring. Most modern people do not speak this way. The same goes for June and her southern like colloquialisms, which by the way miss the mark entirely. I found her personality very abrasive to me and did not buy into the romance between them. I would suggest the author do more research into the type of peopl ...more
I loved the first book in this series, and this one is as good if not better. The zoo setting is absolutely not just window dressing in this series which is one reason I love it so much. Between the Sorcha, the polar cub foster, Frida, the old grizzly who "adopts" her, Sylvia, the capybara who is a substitute mother to all of the orphans, the honey badger antics, and more on Lulubelle the lovelorn camel (you'll have to read the first book for that), there's plenty of animal action.

The heroine
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

SWEET WILD OF MINE brings us back to the Sagebrush Flats Zoo for another adventure with some very lively, opinionated and adorable animals and some appearances by old friends. If you haven’t yet read the first book in the series, WILD ON MY MIND, you could still enjoy this second story without troubles – although, I will always suggest reading a series from the start when possible for there are overall nuances that you’ll otherwise miss.

This time around we’ll meet Ma
E-Reader Addict
May 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Sweet Wild of Mine is another cute, sweet addition to the Where the Wild Hearts Are series by Laurel Kerr.

Magnus Gray is a well-known author from Scotland. When his latest books don’t resonate well with his readers, his publisher sends him to Sagebrush Flats in the United States to volunteer with their small local zoo. His first night in Sagebrush Flats, he’s accosted by perky June Winters and given a warm welcome to the town. The grumpy loner isn’t pleased to make her acquaintance.

But June isn
Becca
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Magnus Gray is a reclusive type author who finds himself in the middle of nowhere at a zoo to volunteer and help appease his agent and publisher in trying to get back more to his roots in order to gain back the enthusiasm that rocked his readers with his first book. The Scot doesn't take kindly to small towns and the way everyone needs to be in everyone's business. And he especially is taken aback by the pushy June Winters.

Although the book was full of strong writing and characters (the animals
Paula
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The honey badgers are at it again; creating mischief in Sweet Wild of Mine. This is the second book set at the Sagebrush Flats Zoo by Laurel Kerr, I will admit that the two opposites characters that are chosen are quite the challenge. It’s not that one is an extrovert while the other is an introvert, it’s that they are so extremes in these areas.
Loner writer Magnus Gray is at the zoo under protest when he meets June Winters who is an extrovert extraordinaire. Zoo gate problems, small town drama
Julie
Sounded a fun read.....
This is the second book in the series, I haven’t read the first in this series, but I don’t think it really matters.

Magnus is a best selling author, but he’s hit a block, so in an attempt to appease his publisher and maybe to inspire a new book. He’s helping in a zoo, writing a piece on a rescued orphaned baby polar bear.
He’s not a people person, he doesn’t do feelings, he’s a loner and likes it that way. So when a bossy woman at the zoo starts to talk to him, at first
Rayna
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After really loving the first book, this one fell a bit short. It was more repetitive and didn't have the same emotional impact. The humorous interludes that focused on the animals also weren't nearly as good.

I liked Magnus and June quite a lot, but not nearly as much as Katie and Bowie from the first book. They both had interesting backgrounds and had to work through some personal issues before they could truly open up to each other and think about having a lasting relationship. Magnus' backsto
Darla Taylor
In order to write a better book, author, Magnus Gray is in Sagebrush Flats to volunteer at the zoo helping with the polar cub who's coming in. He's not comfortable in small towns and just wants to avoid people but meets June Winters his first night there and she has different ideas. When June finds out that Magnus is a stutterer, she volunteers to help him which he resists at first until his editor asks him to do some vlogs. So Magnus talks to June's grandmother about life in Scotland while June ...more
Becky Wise
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet Wild of Mine is a very cute read. I love the energy that June brings to the pages. She sure knows how to heal the grumpy Scot Magnus. She is sweet and caring and I love her connection with not only the animals but her grandma as well. Magnus is a little rough around the edges but you get it when you find out more about him. His bound when it comes to the animals at the zoo is amazing. I love Magnus even in his grumpy ways. You can't help but smile as June and her grandma break down Magnus' ...more
Leann
May 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
I made it 31% through before I dnf'd it for now. I enjoy the characters, but I was way too distracted by all the Scottish terms or slang that I just couldn't stay in the story. I was also annoyed by so many unnecessary similes (like 3 on a single page). And I enjoy the zoo/animal facts but at points even that seemed to become way more info than I wanted in a fiction, romance story. I started to feel like I was reading a non-fiction book.

Since I enjoyed this author's first book so much, the chara
Kari
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. I enjoyed this book tho not as much as the first one. I would have liked to see a legend of sorts for all the Scottish slang in this book as tho I could usually imagine what Magnus meant I wasn’t always 100% sure. Enjoyed the POV of the honey badgers in this one too and the interaction with all the animals.
Interesting that both books have the theme of bullying in them - the bully in this book never making an appearance tho. I felt the author was setting up book three to be about Clay
Stacey
I love the Sagebrush Zoo. I loved the new animals that were introduced in this book, and how they were included in the story. I loved how June and Magnus both grew through the story. It was certainly worth the read. I wonder who's story will be next? Maybe Josh?

Thanks to Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Expected Publication Date is May 28, 2019.
Claire Scott
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Really wanted to enjoy this book, but the authors over the top depiction of the Scottish hero, was just too much. Being Scottish myself, i found it sometimes cringeworthy when she put in every stereotypical Scottish phrase

• Puppy Love (Forever Home, #1)
  • Love at First Bark (Rescue Me, #4)
  • Sit, Stay, Love (Rescue Me #2)
  • A New Leash on Love (Rescue Me, #1)
  • My Forever Home (Rescue Me #3)
  • The Aussie Next Door
  • Puppy Christmas (Forever Home, #2)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (The Flower Shop Sisters #2)
  • A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)
  • Wrong Turn (RoadTripping, #2)
  • The Way You Love Me (Angel Falls, #2)
  • Smooth Moves (Veteran Movers #2)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
  • Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5)
  • Good Guy (Rookie Rebels, #1)
  • The Devil in the Saddle (Princes of Texas, #2)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Credence, Colorado #1)
  • In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
Laurel Kerr is a full-time romance writer and mom, who occasionally still dabbles in the practice of law. Her debut novel, Wild on My Mind, reached the Golden Heart® finals under the title of Volunteering Her Heart in 2016. Laurel Kerr was also a 2017 Golden Heart® Finalist for a historical manuscript. She lives in Pennsylvania with her daughter, husband, and loyal Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

C

Where the Wild Hearts Are (2 books)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)