Start by marking “Clickbait (Courting San Diego #1)” as Want to Read:
Clickbait (Courting San Diego #1)

Clickbait (Courting San Diego #1)

A New Adult Romantic Comedy coming February 3 from Lisa Suzanne!

I run a popular dating and relationship blog in San Diego. People think I’ll spill their secrets all over social media—and that’s probably true. One mention from me can make you the hottest commodity in town or sink your social life. I protect my friends, but others sometimes end up as clickbait.

My newest colu
286 pages
Published (first published February 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Clickbait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clickbait

Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Suzanne, Romance
4 Living in Person Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Are you looking for a fast paced and smart read... If so, then Clickbait is right in your wheelhouse. This is a story which is extremely current in its use of blogging, social media and the transition from person to person interaction to texting and electronic communicating.

We get a savvy woman who has made a name for herself through blogging. She is quick with a quip; she takes her life and lays it all out there for her readers... and they eat it up
Saly
2.5- 3 stars
I almost DNF'ed this book but I finished it. I really had a hard time liking the heroine, she was childish, impulsive and judgy. And I really didn't buy the insta-luv. I think I am clearly not this author's audience.
Plus there is the fact that I am super private person, so you will never find me on snapchat and putting everything about my life on social media for the world to read (hey I am proud of the people who have the courage to put their life out there....but so not me)!The he
Rejane
Again, I can't stand childish, immature heroines.
And the blurb sounds ridiculous as well

Christy Bailey
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply Amazing!

This book popped up on my kindle suggestions list and after reading the description I knew I had to give it a try. And oh wow am I glad I did. I was taken on an amazing ride with all the feels and emotions with this book. The storyline is amazing and the writing was too! I loved Courtney and her attitude. She doesn't hold back when she has something to say and not afraid to admit when she's wrong. And Carter? He is what dreams are made of. I fell in love with these two and their e
Doris
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, light read that teaches you to never judge a book by its cover. Courtney and Connor are a couple that you can fall in love with. This is a book that will leave you with that “feel good” feeling.

I received this book as an ARC for a freely given honest review.
A little birdie told me...
Although this was a quick and easy read with a decent premise, I'm just not too jazzed up about the book as a whole. I liked the hero. I liked the side characters, but I really didn't like the heroine.

I'm thinking that after this, the third book by this author that I've read, I can safely say that I'm not a fan of any of her female main characters. They're all strong characters, usually self-sufficient and driven, which normally I like, but emotionally, they're so immature, insecure and needy.
Christina
Courtney is a successful blogger chronicling her love life in San Diego. She has a huge following nationwide and uses the blog to vent her frustrations and answer questions from her fans. Along with in-depth posts, she includes quick five lists that are absolutely hilarious, usually stemming from real life lessons. She hasn’t had the best of luck relationship-wise, having broken up with her boyfriend six months prior. So when Carter comes along, she’s not really into getting into a relationship, ...more
Megadens Books
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clickbait may be one of my favorites. Its light and fun and just a great read. I don’t know that I’d call it a comedy but I would call it addicting! I could not put this book down I was enthralled. I love the characters and I feel like a side story for her best friend may be entirely necessary xP. Lisa Suzanne has such a way about writing that her characters come to life. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried. I feel like everyone has felt the way Courtney feels at some point in their life. I’ ...more
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I found the main character Courtney Sanders to be selfish, vain and immature. I did not care for her at all. I thought she was going to change and mature, but sadly never did. Too bad too.
Laci
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was cute.
Angie McGuire
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Loved this book. Courtney and Carter brought the best and the worst out in each other. Their secrets and old feelings kind of got in the way... But can they move on together or are they best assist from one another. Only time will tell
Chrissy
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017

Clickbait by Lisa Suzanne is hilarious, sexy, and swoonworthy! I couldn’t put this book down!

Courtney is a dating blogger in San Diego who puts her life out there for everyone to read. She gives dating advice and sometimes it gets pretty personal. When she meets Carter King, she doesn’t want to give him a shot, but decides it could be beneficial to her and her blog, but when feelings get involved and things go south, she puts him on blast and things get in
Twinkle K
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wait a minute. What I am saying here is purely my thinking and I by doing so am not upsetting anyone unlike our main heroine, Courtney here.

Yes, Courtney here writes daily blog about love and relationship. Her whole like is written off on her blog ‘COURTNEY SANDY EGGO’. So, everybody who reads that knows what she is up to and who she was last in relationship…

Courtney had get into a relationship in the start of the book with an ex-boyfriend of hers but that didn’t go out as planned and all the mi
Chasing Away Reality
I loved the "Fast Five" and blog posts at the start of the chapters. They added that little extra to the book that made it unique. Courtney was quite clever when she wasn't ranting about the douche bags she'd encountered or oversharing about her sex life. I get living your life through your blog to help others, but she was just a bit over-the-top for my liking. I can see why the guys in her life didn't like it and why everyone had to ask her to keep things "off-the-record" so to speak. She was a ...more
Carla
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for an honest review by the author and it's a must read for sure!
Courtney was perfect from the start, her blog was a genius idea and she was super successful because she was honest.
Her experiences really seemed to help people and she appeared to have this amazing life on the outside; but she was lonely, she only experienced superficial relationships and shared them with her audience, but she never really gave herself over to anyone.

Then sh
SandraBarg
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Really Enjoyable Novel!

I really liked this book, the characters, although the female lead was a bit of a brat at times, but the story, writing and flow for this book was very good and made it a good read! Glad I purchased it!
Jen Zingaro
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was really funny. It's about a blogger who blogs about her sex/love life. It has a little bit of a Sex in the City vibe. The characters are fun. Courtney bumps into a guy whom she strongly dislikes at first but starts to find herself interested in. It doesn't hurt that his family is in a business that could help her professionally. She has a hard time finding a guy that is okay with his life being documented on a popular blog and she also has to cconsider what she will do with her blo ...more
Katelyn
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ranting and unlikeable leading lady

This book is the first one I have ever been unable to finish. I had to stop at 90% because I had enough. I can’t believe how strongly I disliked the protagonist. I found her to be a flat, hypocritical B. I’m not sure how she has friends or gets a guy to like her, which makes the story difficult to get into. I also found the sex scenes to be too drawn out. There was limited character development but an over abundance of sexual details. No thanks.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
If I had liked the heroine, even a little bit, I would have given this fun, sexy read 5 stars. But, alas, I couldn't stand her. I do like their banter, and the fact that she's smart and funny and loves her best friend. Beyond that, though, there isn't anything I like about her. She's judgmental, impulsive, malicious when she feels hurt and beyond self absorbed. Frankly, Carter is way too good for her.

But, let me start at the beginning. Courtney writes a successful blog about relationships (sex)
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Calling all Bloggers and Followers! Clickbait is here and ready to help give you the scoop in SD on relationships and let's not forget the cooking for those who can't cook either. haha Get ready for some laughs, dirty deeds, oh the places we will go and some DB's that we see to steer clear of in SD.
Courtney is real, funny, sassy and does not hold back much when it comes to her personal life. Well OK maybe from her parents for the time being. We all need to stay a Daddy's girl somehow right? Bei
Krystle Able
Clickbait by Lisa Suzanne was an enjoyable read for me. I appreciate a female character that was strong, self-sufficient, and unapologetic. As a blogger, Courtney is constantly putting her personally life on public display, but she has the upper hand because she can write everything from her point of view, her side of the story. This has made Courtney completely blind to anyone else's point of view and she comes off as arrogant, judgmental, and immature throughout a lot of the book. Honestly tho ...more
Jennifer Shiels
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great and different story. Courtney Sanders has a popular dating and relationship blog setup in San Diego, CA. She shares lots of information about her life and relationships in the blog. She has a true passion for her blog and she actually makes enough money with it to not have to do anything else for money. One day she takes her ex's dog Sandy to Dog Park and she meets Carter King. He's gorgeous and has a great body but he acts a little bit like a db.

Courtney has dated here
Munira Vahed
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab!!

I downloaded this book quite a while ago intending to read it but got sidetracked by other book from authors i am addicted to. Anyway finally got round to reading this and i was totally hooked. I read it all in one go. I couldnt put it down. It was 3am by the time i got to bed.
The story is about Courtney who is a personal blogger. She writes everything about herself and her dating disasters. I thought her blog was hilarious and so funny. Loved to read her blog.
She meets Carter who blames
akiiKOMORI reading
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

First Review of 2017!
(Because I will read anything Lisa Suzanne writes, and because I absolutely love her books and promised her a review. And when do I not review her books.)

In the middle of reading the ARC of her newest novel “Clickbait” I had to pause, get on Facebook and message her.
I said something along the lines of,
“I know you hear this a lot, but I fecking love your books.”
And I’m sure it’s a great feeling for an author to hear but p
Booknerd_1107
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*thank you to the author for providing an arc***

Clickbait is a fun, flirty book about a sassy blogger and a hot business man.

Courtney Sanders is a professional blogger who writes about her love life and does not leave anything out. She talks about everything, from the best sex she had the night before to getting her heart broken. And when she meets Carter King, she doesn't hold back.

Carter wants Courtney and after a horrible first impression, he will do want he can to get her to change her mind.
Nikki Renee
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest...

5. The character development was fabulous; you want to hate the right people then you end up loving them as the story goes on.
4. Perfect storyline. Just enough twists that you can't see it coming, yet twists that make sense within the storyline.
3. Anything with dogs goes high up on my list.
2. I wasn't expecting much with this... maybe because I'm not big on storylines that have writers as the main characters? I don't know. But I was pleasantly surprised!
1. Would I read it again?
Cherye Elliott
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew.

I loved this book. I hope the whole series is as good as this one. Five stars most definitely. That said this book is the reason why duct tape was made. Courtney's just tells way too much. Somehow that little lightbulb turned on. Thank goodness.

Quotes I liked. ##“Sometimes when I write from the heart, I say things that hurt others. I’m impulsive, and I always have been. .......Sometimes that impulsiveness causes me to publish something out of anger, and while I believe every word is true w
Jessica Wannamaker
Courtney is a tech savvy blogger who airs her dirty laundry so her readers can learn a thing or two about dating and sex.

Carter is an avid reader, secret man of mystery and hot eye candy.

A chance meeting or two gets them in the right place but when they’re paths cross it’s not with the best of intentions.

Number one rule don’t say something on social media you may regret....

Watching these two fumble was sweet. Glad they worked out their shit.

Steamy, cute, and informative. With a hint of sass.

I
Angel
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baited

I love this authors books, this one I couldn't wait to read.
It was fun and flirty, sort of made me want to watch All of the Gossip girl seasons again. I love how this book flowed, I really looked forward to the blog posts,,, The characters were relatable and I was excited to see what was going to come next.
Courtney is such a fun character, she's feisty and holds nothing back. And I mean NOTHING.

Carter is actually a very well Sweet, there's no dirty talking over the top sex here ladies. If
Kera Gould
So, this was fun

I would have given this five stars, had the beginning of Courtney and Carter's relationship hadn't confused me so much. If Lisa Suzanne's plan was to keep the reader as much in the dark about Carter's inner self as Courtney, she did a bang up job. But it made me feel like Carter was kind of aloof and not as into her as he ultimately turned out to be. That aside, the book was great. I feel like even though I had that bit of confusion, the chemistry between Courtney and Carter was
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• PowerHouse (Power Chain #1)
  • No One But Us
  • Dirty-Talking Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #1)
  • Kingsley (Therapy #2)
  • My Last Season With You
  • Lead to Succeed and You Won't Manage to Fail
  • Finding Monsters (Guardians of Esurack, #1)
  • Shadowborn (Lila Gray, #2)
  • Into the Blackness (The Blackness, #4)
  • The Album (Discography #1)
  • The Witch, the Wolf and the Vampire, Book 3 (The Witch, The Wolf and The Vampire, #3)
  • A Night to Remember
  • Twisted Gems (The Coveted Saga, #4)
  • Scenic Route (Beautiful Biker 3)
  • The Gathering of Shadows (The Whispers of the Fallen, #3)
  • Chasing Wishes
  • Blossom and the Beast
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and baby boy. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not cuddling baby Mason, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.