Start by marking “Lukas (Ashes & Embers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lukas (Ashes & Embers, #3)

Lukas

(Ashes & Embers #3)

A thirty-six year old mother of two finds out life isn't over after divorce when a sexy as hell twenty-four year old tattoo artist kisses her senseless one night under a shooting star.

Ivy thought she had it all--married to her high school sweetheart, two great kids, and a beautiful house. But her world comes crashing down when she catches her husband with another woman.

Whe
Published November 4th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published July 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lukas, please sign up.
Carian Cole Yes it is! Characters from book one and two are mentioned (they are all related), but it can be read as a standalone just fine. :-)

Alp
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read : May 27, 2016

After receiving a copy of an edited version of Lukas, I started to re-read this book right away. I fell even more in love with Lukas the second time around. The author extended the ending a little bit and it was simply wonderful. I can wholeheartedly say that re-reading this one was such a pleasurable experience.

This story touched my heart in so many ways. Needless to say, this one is a real winner!

**Thank you Carian Cole for sending me a free download link. You rock!

-----
Mariℓina
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4,5 Stars!
It's not a secret that i'm a big fan of Carian Cole's books. She is a very talented author who knows how to write a plot that is both endearing and provocative with a dash of darkness, that highlights even more the characters and their story.

Lukas is a first for me. I hardly ever chose to read romances where the heroine is older than the hero, i tend to avoid them at all cost actually, even when i think the premise is good. But i knew this one was different even before i had it in my h
Roksana
4.5 Stars

This is an update of my review prior to authors re-publishing this book, removing some of the triggers readers raised concerns over ...(view spoiler)

So now I can say that upon reading the re
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of swoony heroes, fragile and strong
4,5 stars

How does Carian Cole do it? She writes about hot guy after hot guy, each one having their own way to earn your love even if they’re so different from each other ?

Lukas photo Lukas 1_zpsupt8webl.jpg

Honestly Lukas is my favorite so far. He is just perfect and touched me in ways few male characters have touched me, Archer by Mia Sheridan and Ehd from Transcendance aside. He really, really, really, really (add as many as you want) is the perfect book boyfriend.
If I usually fall for the Uber Alpha males, Lukas does not fit
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I love Lukas!!!

And I love his story. This is the first book of the series I've read, and I'm seriously contemplating going back for books 1&2. But I'm afraid, for some reason, that they'll take away the magic for me with this book. This must be a sign that I'm kind of over reading entire series'. I've noticed this about my reading habits this past year. Tired of being let down I guess or things changing/going in directions I'm not happy about when it comes to investing in a series.

But though
Erika
Not planning to read this as it is just not for me personally. The author made a big change though,so I think a lot of people who had previously decided not to read this, should check it out again!! (view spoiler) ...more
Floripiquita
Me suelen gustar las tramas amorosas donde la protagonista femenina es mayor que el protagonista masculino y la dinámica que se crea entre ellos, que en este caso es bastante buena, también los protas duros por fuera y tiernos por dentro, como Lukas. Lo que no llevo nada bien es que haya cosas que chirríen con los libros anteriores de una misma serie (como cada vez que hace referencia a Vandal, hay fechas y momentos que no me cuadran) ni que me metan el drama con calzador. Lo del ex de ella no t ...more
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Best of the series so far. Instance favorite because Lukas is top notch boyfriend material.

Ivy and Lukas are simply perfect for each other, despite being so different. The age gap is one of the greatest I've ever read of, considering the gender. This book tugged at all my feelings, still being pretty much angst-less. But y'all know how I like my books. Their romance is pretty smooth and follows a natural progression.

The main surprise for me was Lukas. Younger, a tattoo artist, a troubled soul an
Coco.V
May 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:

When her best friend gives her a gift certificate to a local tattoo parlor to cheer her
TF
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1/18/19 - Listened to the Audio description"/description"/description"/description"/

This book was even sweeter the second time around. The narrators did a wonderful job expressing the emotions of the story line.

Far from the typical arrogant alpha male hero, Lucas is sweet, caring and possessing a maturity beyond his years all wrapped up in a beautiful sexy outer package. Their age difference concerned Ivy but his persistence and charm won over her insecurities.

This was a sweet tender romance with some light angst to give it some edge. It was he
Vickie***
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good kind of surprise.

I tend to not read books where the h is older than the H. In this case I feel Ivy is quite significantly older than Lukas, 36 to his 24.

The beginning also came to me as a surprise. It felt really realistic when it comes to a wife catching her husband being unfaithful. And can I say that I want to sucker punch him and all the other unfaithful men/women out there. Ugh I hate cheaters, and to their partners who already know they are already taken.

Anyways, Lukas.... he just m
~ Cariad ~
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy fuckerooney!! This REALLY worked for me.

We've all been shit on at some point in life, so God knows that I wish I'd met Lukas when I was!!! Ugh...he was perfection!! In fact this entire book was perfection for me. Being older and with all of her insecurities about starting again, moving forward with her life, her doubts about her body and her falling for a younger man, Ivy was just awesome to read as a character - I love that she was in her thirties and that Lukas was such an old soul at 24
Yiota Misiou
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Την αγαπώ αυτή τη σειρά και μου αρέσει πολύ ο τρόπος που γράφει η Cole.
Θα μπορούσε κι αυτό το βιβλίο να πάρει 5 αστεράκια. Ο Lukas ήταν υπέροχος, αν και ως τώρα η αδυναμία μου είναι ο Storm και κάτι μου λέει πως θα αγαπήσω και τον Asher (ήδη με 2μόνο προτάσεις του έχει τραβήξει την προσοχή μου).
Απόλαυσα την ιστορία του 3ου βιβλίου που ήταν επίσης μοναδική, διαφορετική και εθιστική. Έκοψα ένα αστέρι, γιατί το τέλος ήταν ξαφνικό και δεν ξέρω αν μου άρεσε ή όχι. Το βρήκα κάπως αντίθετο και αταίρια
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Messed up is the new normal...
I have been anxiously anticipating Lukas, and he was worth the wait. The author gave me a few glimpses of him and Ivy when I was reading Vandal, so I had a vague impression of their relationship. Yup, just enough to whet my appetite for more. I already knew he was Vandal's brother and they had just found each other in recent years. It was interesting to read this story in a parallel time frame, in a way that I got to revisit some events from another perspective. It
Wilja
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sie 36 Mama von 2 Kids, er 24 und Tätowierer, welcher in einer Kirche wohnt. EINE KIRCHE! Hallelujah!!
Gut dosiertes Drama, intensive Romantik, sympathische Protagonisten, sexy, hohes Tempo, geiles Setting, keine Längen und natürlich ein klein bisschen vorhersehbar (wer viel schon Romantik ohne Happy End?)
Ich hätte Lust auf einen klassischen New Adult, der direkt ist, ohne viele Umschweife und insgesamt gut ausbalanciert. Ich habe ihn bekommen.
Ivy Deluca
Full review posted on http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/0....
description
New to me author : I hadn’t heard of Ms. Cole before I’d read the blurb, but I can’t resist a heroine with the name of Ivy (sue me). Add to that, tattoo artists/rockers are like kryptonite to me and how can I resist? Only thing hotter could’ve been adding ex-military. Lukas is a solid, faithful hero and his love for Ivy was a big draw for me.

Standalone : I hadn’t read the earlier books, but there was no issue with following the sto
Kristina
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So Lukas is PERFECT! He is the man that every woman wants. He's so complex. He's sweet, loyal, loving, affectionate, sexy, strong, unafraid of showing his woman how important she is to him.

He is unlike any male character I have recently read, and let me tell you some of those loser manwhores (especially all those MC books) look like complete dipshit assphat dickheads compared to this man. They don't even belong in the same category. Lukas is a REAL man.

Lukas is not like these loser twats, he se
Leigh
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it

Lukas is book 3 in the Ashes & Embers series and this time we see how Lukas and Ivy became a couple. While I didn't love it as much as other books by this author overall it was an enjoyable read. I love age gap books but I prefer them with the man being older. Here we have Ivy 36 separated with two kids and Lukas 24 tattoo artist, musician, business owner. First let me start with Lukas, I loved him. He is sweet, sexy, thoughtful, mature, and I loved his up front nature. He keeps not
Curlyhairlass19
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five freakin stars man!! I could immediately reread this book! How does Carian do this?! I’m head over feet for Lukas, and the Asher moments that she weaves into each book KILLS me! He is so wise beyond his years and it breaks me to see the suffering his heart is going through. Lukas really surprised me, and he just maybe my favorite right now in the Ashes&Embers series. If you want a hot older woman/younger man angsty asf romance, then get on this today! Well, start with the first book of c ...more
Sunseeker☀️
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-man
Was great for 80% and then took a gigantic nose dive from a 5 star to a 3.
Janneke
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I loved the older woman/young Guy thing but for me it was a bit to much on the drama scale. So i gave it 3 stars. I listened to this one.
Dantezgirl
Goodness gracious. Where to start. Let me say, I love how we're going backwards to see how and why the couples ended like they did.

Lukas always seemed besotted and cute. Not to mention proud of his girl. The same for our Lady. She seemed besotted, uncomfortable yet flabbergasted at her good luck lol I like it.

I'm quite taken with Lukas actually. I find his upfront charm and persistence really refreshing. I find our girls aversion natural. I find Lukas fascination with antiques different in a n
Caro Richard
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now, this is a book for every woman who has been let down/scorned/cheated on…and, what is hopefully on the other side! (I can dream!!)

Ivy’s husband delivers his life altering news and goes off to his ‘other life’ leaving Ivy to pick up the pieces and also to try and get over the loss of their 18 year marriage. She feels all the insecurities and fears a normal woman would – about what’s going to happen with the kids, the house and her image of herself. Women will really relate to Ivy and what she
Lisa
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

This was an enjoyable book if you are looking for an "old-soul" hero who is deliciously swoon worthy and A heroine who's trying to build a new life after 18 yrs of marriage and two kids.

Lukas and ivy are both endearing characters who both have scars but find love and fulfillment together.

I was rolling along enjoying this love-at-first sight older woman/younger man story until stupidity hit.

photo WHAAAT_zps3upg1kj2.gif

I saw the "OTT" drama coming a mile away and was disappointed that this commonly used (but u
Melony Hobgood
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lukas
How do I even write a review for a book this good. Well let's start with I have never been into reading the cougar thing before but Lukas and Ivy may have just sold me on it. Ivy is a 36 year old new divorcee with a seventeen year old and an seven year old her ex husband sucks and has left her. Just when she goes to do something for herself she meets the very sexy Lukas, the 24 year old tattoo artist. When Lukas wants something he goes for it and he wants Ivy, but Ivy's not so sure being a
Haidoulina
I'm torn between giving 4 or 5 stars.... So I'll go the easy way and give 4.5 stars...

I really loved this book.... The heroine being older than the hero was new to me but I totally loved Ivy and Lukas together... And I really, honesty loved Lukas... Not your typical tattooed,rock star hero... Not at all.... He wants stability,family and to be loved truly and for who he is... He doesn't want fame or many women... He wants to find his soul mate and live with her forever...

What I didn't like,well b
AJ
4 swoony stars!

Lukas and Ivy’s story has been unfolding in the background of the last two books of this series, and I was so happy that we got the chance to go back to the beginning with them and get to know these characters properly and appreciate their younger man/older woman love story in all of its swoony glory.

Lukas is the 24 year old younger brother of Vandal. Though he occasionally rocks his violin with his brother and the rest of his cousins in metal band Ashes & Embers, his passion
Gina *loves sunshine*
Book 3 of the Ashes and Embers series that follows a group of band members who are also brothers and cousins. The first book in this series was really good - go read Storm! I knew book 2 and 3 were storylines I don't usually choose, but I am always a series order snob, so that is hard to do, LOL! If you are like me.....here's the tip - I definitely could have skipped over Vandal and Lukas! I am now realizing that even though these are a series, they are written in parallel time to each other, no ...more
Diane Yoskowitz
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance. Lukas maybe younger but he's an old soul. What a great connection Lukas and Ivy have.
Need more of this great series!!!
Clare
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This might be my favourite in the series so far. I've always loved Lukas. He's much more than just Storm's cousin or Vandal's little brother. His sweetness totally shines through. Ivy is a tough nut to crack. On the surface you could be forgiven for thinking she's a little rude. But I enjoyed her.
Is he your favourite? 5 26 Jul 02, 2016 12:14PM
Ashes & Embers Ba...: Joel Hicks:Cover model for Lukas 37 28 Nov 04, 2015 06:45AM
  • Bound to Be Taken (Rock Wood Pack #2)
  • Night Angel
  • The Last Confession
  • LIE (Right Men Series, #1)
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • Just Give In
  • Forever & Always (Always & Forever, #2)
  • Skin Deep
  • Underwater (Serendipity, #1)
  • Twisted (Lost in Oblivion, #2)
  • Devotion
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Score
  • Forbidden (The Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Daring Attraction
  • Love Child
  • Where the Wheat Blows
  • Watching Fireflies (Love Bug, #1)
I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in Septem

Ashes & Embers (6 books)
  • Storm (Ashes & Embers, #1)
  • Vandal (Ashes & Embers, #2)
  • Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)
  • Loving Storm (Ashes & Embers, #5)
  • Asher (Ashes & Embers, #6)
“I’ve been having a physical relationship with the detachable showerhead for a year now while you’ve been with another woman?” 2 likes
“happened. LUKAS INSOMNIA IS A BULLY OF THE worst kind.” 1 likes