Start by marking “Drummer Girl” as Want to Read:
Drummer Girl

Drummer Girl

A Mature YA contemporary romance coming from Ginger Scott mid-2019

To ask other readers questions about Drummer Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drummer Girl

Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Nothing about anything in this life is normal, but maybe that’s everyone’s story. Maybe normal is the odd man out.
What keeps me returning to Ginger Scott again and again is the way she so meticulously weaves lush romance with heavy subject matter. Drummer Girl, a mature YA romance set against the backdrop of music, is a love story full of hope and heartfelt attraction, where the sweet levity of first love melds painfully with the profound weight of mental illness.

Ginger Scott is the most amaz
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 Yayy <3

Zilpha Owens
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ginger Scott writes the real thing. I love how her heroines can be a bit quirky and her heroes aren’t always the hottest guy in town. Or that quirkiness is just a little bit darker or sadder, a more common reality than we’d like to admit, and on both sides so that her characters are relatable. Her stories of young love are spot on. The humor and banter is fun yet, at times, serious too. They are stories of life and love and she does them well. And Drummer Girl is definitely one of those stories. ...more
Vega_girl
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* I recieved and ARC of the first 5 chapters from Ginger*

Oh my gosh!!! Guys?!?!? This 5 chapter sneak peek was EVERYTHING!!! Arizona and Jesse I know will be my new favorite couple!There story, the lead in, so much in just 5 chapters......mid 2019 is entirely too far away!! Can't wait to get my hands on the full Novel!!
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Ginger Scott yet again proves she is the Queen of YA storytelling. The imagery, fierce friendships and first love feelings pour from the pages. This taste of these characters has me intrigued and ready for more.

I received an arc of this book.
Jen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damn, Ginger Scott, you got me hooked! Drummer Girl, hurry up and come to me!!

When I think of the ultimate book boyfriend—broody, hot, rockstars always come to mind. Especially when Ginger Scott creates them. Jesse is new to the neighborhood and Arizona is instantly drawn to him. His voice, that body, and his words will bring you to your knees. Gah!! Love the chemistry and I LOVE Jesse!! I am DYING for more!!!
Nicole Patterson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, wow. I received this as an arc copy and I will say it is one of my fav copies I've ever had the honor or reading. This was such a great story. It dealt with mental health, which is something I love because I suffer from it myself. Ginger Scott hit the nail on the head perfectly with this book.
Grace
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars, review to follow.

*An ARC was received for an honest review.
Wendy LeGrand
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Okay, just from reading these first five chapters, I know this book is going to be amazing. It is going to have every feeling imaginable that is going to stretch my heart in way too many ways. It is going to be angsty, and have highs and lows and I cannot freaking wait!!

Ginger completely pulled me in with just this little bit of the story. Everything from the backdrop of where Arizona lives to the status of her family, to the little hints dropped here and there of things that have occurred in he
Keri Loves Books
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Music and Loved Saved Them

A heart-breaking struggle and an epic love. Two people that were meant to meet and help one another to heal and chase their dreams. I smiled, I cried, I swooned. This story wrung out my heart and gave it back better, for this journey was beautiful.

Arizona’s a drummer in the school band. Jesse’s the new kid in town and a musician. Their love for music brings them together. Their friendship makes them whole. Their love makes dreams happen.

Arizona had a past she couldn’t r
Christine
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drummer Girl is a powerful and deep story that tackles some very difficult subjects, and the author did a wonderful job with it. While both of the main characters are only seventeen, both Arizona and Jesse have dealt with some serious things over the course of their life and they are extremely mature for their age. Both of them struggle with mental illness and you will totally feel for the characters and all they have been through, but seeing how they rise above the darkness is beautiful to watc ...more
Paula D
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I writing this review with happy tears. Arizona is a beautiful seventeen year old girl who has a great best friend and parents that love her. Arizona meets Jesse the new neighbor and she is intrigued by him instantly. Thing is though Jesse has darkness and is complicated but Arizona sees the real him and Jesse brings out her confidence. A deep story that touches your heart and makes you feel the characters. It’s a book that will stay with you and see a side of mental illness in a different light ...more
Sarah Murphy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the first 5 chapters of this book in the anthology Christmas With a Rockstar, and now I eagerly awaiting the full version. I’m definitely hooked, and can’t wait to see how things play out with Arizona and Jesse! Maybe the author will finish and release early due to fan requests- one can only be hopeful! Keep your eyes peeled for this one folks. After only short tease, I can tell it’s going to be an emotional roller coaster and absolutely amazing!
Stacy Mcroy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first 5 chapters. Can't wait to read the rest! Ginger has a way of telling a story so you feel like you're in it with the characters and this one doesn't disappoint so far.
Robin Rockwood
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so very good. It really had a lot of feels and I loved both Arizona and Jesse so much!
Court
Eduarda Pina
Jay
Vicki Kizziar
Nov 25, 2018
Ginger Scott is an Amazon-bestselling, Goodreads Choice Award and Rita award-nominated author of several young and new adult romances, including Waiting on the Sidelines, This Is Falling, Wild Reckless, The Hard Count, Cry Baby and Bred.

A sucker for a good romance, Ginger’s other passion is sports, and she often blends the two in her stories. (She’s also a sucker for a hot quarterback, catcher, pi