Start by marking “Don't Give Me Butterflies (The Holloway Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Don't Give Me Butterflies (The Holloway Girls, #3)

Don't Give Me Butterflies

(The Holloway Girls #3)

Pine Cove Island calls to her soul...

As the Queen of Impulsive Decisions, Kat Davenport has found herself without a job or a place to live. So settling on Pine Cove Island isn't the sanest choice--meaning it's perfect. Like the mysterious Holloway cousins, Kat has her own unique gift. In her case, it's a knack for communicating with animals. Which makes getting hired at
Published July 30th 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Don't Give Me Butterflies, please sign up.
Tara Sheets Hello, I think this book is good for a wide age range of adults and teens. :)
Tara Sheets Yes. This is the third book in The Holloway Girls series. All stories are linked, but each book can be easily read as a stand-alone story. There are…moreYes. This is the third book in The Holloway Girls series. All stories are linked, but each book can be easily read as a stand-alone story. There are no cliffhangers and each book has its own satisfying ending. :) (less)

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Romantic, funny, heartwarming and a touch of magic

I really liked this book much more than I expected. I generally go for the hot covers with a sexy shirtless man on the the front and a bit more racy story but truly enjoyed this book. The heroine was Kat Davenport, who grew up in foster care and comes to Pine Cove Island in the Pacific Northwest, broke after getting out of a bad relationship in Los Angeles. She has a ability to “talk” to animals.

I like it that it is not crazy illogical magic like
nick
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

It's another hit from Tara Sheets! The Holloway Girls series is a very charming series of books that follow these girls who have some magic to them. They are romantic and sweet, just the perfect reads for me. Don't Give Me Butterflies delivered on all the feels just as I've come to expect from this author.

Kat is a new addition to this series. At the end of the previous book, it was revealed that she may have a connection to the Holloway girls. She fit in just beautifully with Emma and Juliette.
Meghan Lloyd
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet, fun contemporary romance with a fantasy twist! I read this one in just a few hours, and it was well worth it. Although it is the third book in a series, I had no trouble at all following along without having read the first two. While you meet the characters from the first two books and may get even more enjoyment from reading them first, I found it to be delightful regardless. It's a clean romance, so while there is some kissing, all the sexy times happen behind closed doors. It wa ...more
Kimberly
4.5 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Don’t Give Me Butterflies is a heartwarming, fun tale of finding home. Tara Sheets’s third Holloway Girls novel has all the magic and sweetness I’ve come to expect from the series plus an extra dose of adorableness from a sizeable supporting cast of furry and feathered friends.

Kat Davenport has always been looking for somewhere she’ll belong and she thinks she might have found that place in Pine Cove Island. I loved Kat’s spirit and resilience, her quiet v
Vibliophile
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) - Perfect summer entertainment

Tara Sheets' 3rd book from her "charming" Holloway Girls series is possibly the best of all. While the book can stand alone, I highly recommend reading them all in order to fully appreciate their family's background & gifts.

These are fun, lighthearted stories with an almost fairytale feel to them, and this one's recurring hints at Beauty and the Beast with the beauty being an animal charmer were pretty amusing.

The magical premise adds an interesting
Kimberly Chace
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great hit from Tara Sheets! This is the third book in the series, and it might actually be my favorite. The magic between the women, and Kat and Jordan plus all those quirky animals left me with a huge smile on my face. Love!
Mrs E
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Book was so much fun! I dont often read books like these but i found i couldn't put it down. It put a smile on my face and mad my vacation evenings that much more enjoyable.
Dawn Herring
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, and I enjoyed it very much. It's apparently the third in the series, and it can certainly be read as a standalone. However, I enjoyed it enough that I now want to read the other two books. The characters are well developed and likeable, and it's a lot of fun to watch Kat and her hodgepodge of orphaned animals break down grumpy-puss Jordan's walls. As an animal lover, I was captivated by all the critters and by Kat's magical ability to communicate ...more
Klynn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutley LOVED Don't Give Me Butterflies by Tara Sheets. This is the third book I've read by Ms. Sheets and its definitely another winner. Wonderful storyline, great dialogue, likable characters and overall a super fun read. Another 5 stars for one of my favorite new authors.
#DontGiveMeButterflies #NetGalley

Part of a series: The Holloway Girls
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading more from this author.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I've really been enjoying this series by Sheets. It has a little bit of magic and a whole lot of romance. Two things that make this a really fun series.

When we met Kat in the prior book you had to wonder about the fact that there seemed to more to her than meets the eye. It seemed that she too had magic in her. She had this wonderful ability to understand and communicate with animals.

It's not until her book you lea
Nancy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. There's a lot of chemistry between Kat and Jordan right out the gate. They were perfect foils for each other. I especially liked how Kat stepped up to adopt animals nobody wanted even though her living situation was hard. There was a bit of a Beauty and the Beast feel to this story. Very fun, romantic, and I will definitely be reading the rest in the series. I haven't read the other two, so there was some stuff about the Holloway women I didn't know, but it could still be read as a fun ...more
Emma W.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES. All the feels! Definitely read this if you're in the mood for a sweet, romantic story that still has a good bit of sizzle. Perfect vacation book to make you smile.
Misha
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a wonderful summertime romance. Highly recommend!
Gale
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love about this story? It has a grumpy Hero. It has a wee-bit-'o'-magic Heroine. Mix together with the rest of the Pine Cove Island residents, including the Holloway women, and you have a fun third story in this series! I loved Kat Davenport. She had such a rough start to life and she finally finds a place to belong on the island. Jordan Prescott comes back to the island to help his grandmother sell his family home and get right back outta town... Yeah, that works out so well for h ...more
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! I didn’t realize that it was the third and final book in the series, but it worked well as a stand alone.
The magical element was delightful. I had to suspend my reality for just the right amount. It was not too much at all.
I fell in love with all the character, including the animals ♥.
If you enjoy Sarah Addison Allen...this is the series to pick up. Just perfect!
Saly
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was super cute and I liked it. H was nice and so was the h. I love animals always!
Carla Johnson-Hicks
The third book in The Holloway Girls was just as good as the first two in the series. This is the story of Kat Davenport a lovely woman who grew up in foster care. She has low self-esteem and this plays into her shy, introverted nature, keeping of secrets and running when things go bad. She ended up on Pine Cove Island after a bad relationship in LA. She was not sure why there, but it felt right. Just like the two previous books, she has a special ability, the ability to sense animals feelings a ...more
I loved it very good. Lite reading easy reading. I loved the animals. I would recommend it.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Sweet romance. #audiobook review to come.
Kylie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
With thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for my ARC.

A charmingly whimsical romance with a touch of magic.
With an animal shelter as a setting, animals abound in this delightful novel.

An easy, enjoyable read, I read this sweet novel in one sitting.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I have enjoyed Emma’s and Juliette’s romances in The Holloway Girls series. Fun, loving, bantering with just a touch of magic. Toward the end of the previous story, we met Kat. She may have a connection to the Holloway girls, but she definitely has a deeply felt connection to Pine Cove Island. Enough so that she’s decided to simply make this place her new home. She has no job, and nowhere to live just yet – but those are pesky details that will surely work themselves
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't Give Me Butterflies is the third and possibly the final book in The Holloway Girls series by Tara Sheets. There no more Holloway girls who are single and we weren't teased about another story. When I began reading the book, I was surprised to find out that Kat was not officially a Holloway girl. Her gift and her bond with Emma and Juliette from the previous book made me believe that the girls knew they were connected somehow. As it turns out, they didn't and they spend a portion of the boo ...more
Paula
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't Give Me Butterflies by Tara Sheets is book three of three very unusual women. They have unique gifts that make this at times a little like an updated version of Bewitch. Don’t get me wrong, they are not true witches like the TV show but each have one special gift. Kat’s gift is the ability to understand animals but I really didn’t get the Dr. Doolittle vibe.

Mostly this is a story of two souls looking for love and a place to call home. Jordan Prescott may have a home but it doesn’t mean he
Kayla
I absolutely loved this book. It is fun, sweet, and full of heart. Kat and Jordan are such fantastic characters, they're both strong yet vulnerable, think they know what they want in life yet are able to learn a lot, and are just generally great characters that you want to root for from the beginning.

This book has the heart, magic, family, and fun of the other two books, while bringing in a great lesson on animal rescue, along with some fantastic furry friends. Being an animal lover myself I rea
Kathleen Gray
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh sigh! Kat's trying to pull her life together and living on Pine Cove Island is a chance to breathe. She's got a mysterious way with animals and of course takes a job with the local shelter- and then starts bringing some of the animals home! Jordan is not so happy about this initially, because he's come back to the island to sell the farm where she's living. Regular romance readers know, however, that these two will overcome their differences and live happily ever after. This is a lovely story ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
A very sweet clean romance. It’s a easy fast read.
The heroine is adorable, quirky and communicates with animals.(I enjoyed that a lot) The hero is grumpy-antisocial but grows on you.
It was enjoyable but I’m not sure if it was memorable...sorry.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Backdrop (World Building)~ 3/5
Originality
Amy Lynn
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful continuation to the Holloway family series. As kat Davenport has decided to stay permanently she is finding everything she has ever wanted. She discovers a mystical connection to the Holloway’s which leads to a discovery of where she came from.

She has also found a career she loves working with animals, and potentially found her future.

A Classic, beautiful, love overcomes all odds story!
ShinyObject
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of Don't Give Me Butterflies by Tara Sheets from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, this novel missed the mark for me. I felt that the plot should have been interesting given the story's summary, but the plot wasn't evenly paced and it was kind of messy. Also, I wasn't keen on the main characters - found them to be very one dimensional and kind of boring.
Allison
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Don't judge the book by the cringe cover. (The cover my library online uses is much better for whatever reason.) It's a sweet fluff romance with some magical abilities mixed in. 3.5/5 stars. Good for when you're in the mood for the mostly predictable.

P. S. Sometimes insects listen to me and leave my house when I point out the door nicely. Not even joking. So I thought this was fun.
Tara Sheets is an award-winning author of contemporary romance and women's fiction. Her debut novel, Don't Call Me Cupcake, is a winner of the 2016 Golden Heart® award sponsored by Romance Writers of America®. It is the first in The Holloway Girls series, available from Kensington Publishing.

Tara began her career as an author in the Pacific Northwest, inspired by the rain and the misty mountains

The Holloway Girls (3 books)
  • Don't Call Me Cupcake (The Holloway Girls, #1)
  • Don't Touch My Petunia (The Holloway Girls, #2)