Start by marking “Willing to Die (To Die, #8)” as Want to Read:
Willing to Die (To Die, #8)

Willing to Die

(Alvarez & Pescoli #8)

WHEN A KILLER HAS NOTHING TO LOSE

THERE'S EVERY REASON
For Detect
Published July 30th 2019 by Zebra (first published April 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Willing to Die, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
J. Florence I didn't think she was involved at all with the kidnapping.
Michelle Gravert I just finished an advanced readers addition and it was marked at being released on July 30th, 2019

Start your review of Willing to Die (To Die, #8)
Lou
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Jackson is one of the best in the business and this, the eighth thriller in the Montana series, is a particularly nail-biting instalment. We are reacquainted with Detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli as they investigate the murders of some of Pescoli's family. This, of course, hits a little too close to home for her and is a tough case to crack having just returned from maternity leave. With all the excitement and twists, turns and misdirection of the previous books this is a superb ...more
Donna Hines
That moment when you go all in and stick with it only to become disengaged near the mid to end of the book.
This is what happened for me when we learn this couple is killed in bizarre fashion.
The family left behind all become suspects while it's pieced back together in terms of evidence.
Nothing is as it seems with some crazy action in between that just made me lose interest.
For the thriller fans they know Lisa Jackson is top notch so perhaps it's just me but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it s
Sharon Huether
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, thriller
Jackie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I won this in a goodreads giveaway. Although it’s the 8th book it’s interesting and you don’t need to read the ones before the book
Elaine Tomasso
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Hodder & Stoughton for an advance copy of Willing to Die, the eighth novel to feature Montana based detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli.

Regan Pescoli is mulling over a return to work after the birth of her son, Tucker, when she receives a call to say her sister, Brindel, and her husband Paul have been murdered in San Francisco and that her other sisters are unable to get in contact with Paul’s sons or Brindel’s daughter, Ivy. The boys turn up but Ivy i
Sue Plant
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisa-jackson
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this amazing book

what a rollercoaster of a ride this one was...this author just gets better and better

action from the very beginning with a murder scene and a young girl running from the it...is she somehow behind it all or an innocent victim....time will tell

sisters of one of the murder victims gather together but they are not close and their niece is missing presumed to either being held captive or just missing ...time will te
Ginger
It seems like the publication date was moved back a few times, but this was worth the wait! I love a good mystery/suspense as well as strong female characters. Lisa Jackson’s Selena Alvarez/Regan Pescoli series features two very strong women detectives. Good mysteries which keep the reader turning the pages well into the wee hours of the morning.
Highly recommend this series!
PWA Allen
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read. Getting to know all the characters and their backgrounds is what made the mystery real. You could understand why things happened the way they did even though there were lies, murders and deception. The story itself moved along nicely. Well written with twists and turns.
Sharon
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The murder of her sister Brindel in California results in mixed emotions for Detective Regan Pescoli. After trying to lend a hand in the investigation, Regan flies back home to Montana and soon discovers Brindel's daughter, Ivy, on her doorstep. Though Pescoli is on maternity leave, she cannot stop herself from helping her partner, Selena Alvarez, puzzle through the ever changing developments in the case. Is Regan unwittingly putting herself, her newborn son, and the rest of her family in danger ...more
Franny
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Jackson writes such rapid-fire dialogue and scattered narrative that a reader might be exhausted after a couple of chapters. Her books, however, are like train wrecks in that one cannot turn away no matter how distressing the sight. The family of Pescoli/Santana/Strand/etal is reality television-worthy (in the Jerry Springer sense) and will likely appeal to fans of the genre.
Lisa M
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted to receive an early review copy of this book from the publisher - this series is one I have followed for years and this was another heart-pounding instalment.

Usually we follow Detectives Pescoli and Alvarez solve crime after crime but this was slightly different in that Pescoli is on maternity leave when her sister and brother-in-law are murdered and she gets involved to try and ascertain what happened. Alvarez does turn up towards the end of the story and it is all the better fo
Linda Munro
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the last Detective Regan Pescoli novel, her teen daughter was kidnapped, killing her abductor in an escape attempt; Regan was not there to help free her daughter, because she had gone into labor. It is now six months later and Regan’s daughter is handling life fine; but Regan is finding her job in conflict with her new child, so she is using all o f her accumulated sick, personal and vacation time to cover while she decides what is best for her and her family.

Regan has never been close to any
Donna
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In the prologue, a mysterious, unknown, grieving mother views her small son's grave stone and vows vengeance.

Pescoli's sister Brindel and her husband Paul have been murdered in their beds at their mansion in San Francisco. In addition to the murders, their safes, including multiple guns, have been cleaned out. Although Pescoli is not close to her sisters, she immediately heads out from Montana since her niece Ivy cannot be found. Ivy finally turns up on Pescoli's door step in Montana a
Joyce
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by this author. Detective Regan Pescoli is on maternity
Leave when she learns that her sister and brother-in law have been
Murdered and that the seventeen year old daughter has disappeared.
Pescoli’s feeling are mixed because she was never close to her sister and
Yet wants to help find the killer.
The action takes place first in San Francisco and later in Montana where
Pescoli and her former partner reside. This is a fast moving tale with a lot
Of action, twists and turns that will
Linda A.
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Family, Just Desserts

I love this series and Willing To Die did not disappoint. The characters are complex and it is such a pleasure to watch them grow, change, and face life head on. It was interesting to see Pescoli interact with her sisters. The plot builds to a horrifying climax before ending in a satisfying conclusion.
Steve
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a giveaway. Definitely a genre that I gravitate toward, and Lisa Jackson seems to have done something correctly, so I was expecting this to be a good fit for me.

I might have enjoyed this book even more if I had read some of the earlier books in the series, but it worked pretty well as a standalone. For me the best part of this story is the intricacy of the plot. The mesh of locations, characters, and subplots really made for a good story.
Karen
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first exposure to a Selena Alvarez/Regan Pescoli novel, but not my last! Lisa Jackson is my new favorite author!
Diana burns
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book!!
It keeps me on my toes!!
You never know how it is till the end.
I was surprised!!
Keep going I love your books!!
Mary
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a solid, well written crime story. Apparently this is a series, I"ve never read this author before, but it worked pretty well as a stand alone.
Donnap
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book! I recommend it to anyone who likes fast paced action and suspense. It was hard to put down once I started reading it.
Patricia
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Final one of this Series, and a Great ending to this Series... From Montana to California and back to Montana.. Where it all played out and kind of left you hangin... with Pescoli and Santana... Is their going to be book 9?
Joanne
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carole
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read in this series, so I was not familiar with the characters. The story may have been more interesting if I knew who these people were, but may not have been either. Perhaps this was typical of this series; usually the author tries to make the reader aware of 'what has gone before' in a more complete way -- but maybe I just didn't enjoy reading it very much. I found most of the presumably repeat characters annoying and their cute little quirks to be ill-defined an ...more
Chris
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Summary/Review was copied from other sources and is used only as a reminder of what the book was about for my personal interest. Any Personal Notations are for my recollection only.
Elisabeth Soane
I have previously read most of Lisa Jackson’s novels and enjoyed them. This was no different.
Detective Regan Pescoli is called by her estranged sister to discover that another sister is dead. Her niece Ivy is missing. Regan immediately puts her family life in hold to discover the truth about her sisters death.
Ivy then turns up in Regan’s home own. Is Ivy as innocent as she seems?
I enjoyed the story and meeting Detective Pescoli again. Lisa Jackson books are easy reads and great books for time aw
Rhonda
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly decent read except 1st part of book was rather slow. Not sure why so much time was put into the Tanaka detective character in LA, which slowed down the 1st half or so. Once Regan got back to Montana the book picked up the pace.
Lori
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unimpressed
Hannah Phillips
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horribly written, with too many uncharacters.
Cd Rodden
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this up at the library not realizing it was #8 in a series. The author did an okay job of giving background on the characters who obviously are known to fervent readers. I think if I already knew the background, I might have gotten annoyed with rehashing of history which is done repeatedly in the book.

This book could have been much shorter. The story was dragged out much more than needed. The ending was quick and the wrap up was quicker. The author leaves the door open for continuation
Roxann
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
From the cover: WHEN A KILLER HAS NOTHING TO LOSE: The crime scene is as puzzling as it is brutal. Doctor Paul Latham and his wife, Brindel, are found dead in separate beds in their beautiful San Francisco home, each the victim of a gunshot wound to the head. There are no signs of forced entry, and despite the emptied safe it's clear this murder isn't random. THERE'S EVERY REASON: For Detective Regan Pescoli, news of her sister's death brings grief mixed with guilt. She and Brindel weren't close ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Bad Things
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Outfox
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • Cut and Run (Lucy Kincaid #16)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • The Third to Die
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • The Stalking (Krewe of Hunters #29)
  • The Inn
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Unsolved (Invisible, #2)
  • The Seekers (Krewe of Hunters #28)
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

Alvarez & Pescoli (8 books)
  • Left To Die (Alvarez & Pescoli, #1)
  • Chosen To Die (Alvarez & Pescoli, #2)
  • Born To Die (Alvarez & Pescoli, #3)
  • Afraid To Die (Alvarez & Pescoli, #4)
  • Ready to Die (To Die, #5)
  • Deserves To Die (To Die, #6)
  • Expecting to Die (To Die, #7)