Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Enchantment: A Pride & Prejudice Variation” as Want to Read:
Mr. Darcy's Enchantment: A Pride & Prejudice Variation

Mr. Darcy's Enchantment: A Pride & Prejudice Variation

In a Regency England where magic and faeries are real…

Fitzwilliam Darcy is a powerful magician who controls fire, water, and wind. What he cannot control is his growing feelings for Miss Elizabeth Bennet.

Elizabeth’s sentiments towards Darcy are quite different. She detests his arrogance, and she fears he will expose her use of forbidden magic - forbidden to women, that i
Published November 27th 2018 by White Soup Press

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Darcy's Enchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Darcy's Enchantment

Sheila Majczan
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would give this 5+ stars if I were able. There is such imagination in the creation of this variation...even though it is far from a reflection of canon. This author gives us two worlds and many new characters/creatures, new behaviors and relationships within this tale.

We find ourselves in Kent where Elizabeth is treating a child who has been bitten by a "Redcap". She is afraid to use her magic due to the fact that Mr. Darcy, a Mage, is now residing at Rosings, and Elizabeth is not sure how far
✨ Gramy ✨
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet and enchanting tale with a complex spellbinding plot, taking the cast of Pride and Prejudice through a mystical journey that included other bewitching characters and animals of otherworldly origin, such as:

* Brownies -Dryads - Fay Folk - Mages - Phoukas -Redcaps -Sorcerers + Gnome . . . More

Magic is an integral part of the story and is not limited to the fay folk, since many humans (some of whom discover they are partially otherworldly beings, such as part of the 'Fay') have m
Nicole Clarkston
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was simply breathtaking! It swept our beloved couple into a world you’ve never imagined and had me on the edge of my seat for the whole ride. This is the very same Darcy and Elizabeth we have always known and loved, with their same brilliances and foibles, but sparkling and alive with fantastical new dimensions. It’s the kind of love that can shatter the foundations of society... really, that big and that good. Highly, highly recommend!
J. W. Garrett
Rating: although clean, there are hints at mature adult themes and violence that may be squeamish to some, while the clash of religions may be unsettling to others. There is a paranormal aspect to this story that deals with the Kingdom coming to grips with magic, magicians, sorcerers, wise-women, mages and the rules that govern them. This review hopefully doesn’t contain spoilers.

“When someone from Faerie ever tells you something, you can see it—you can feel it—you believe it. For the true valu
Debbie Brown
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The title's enchantment certainly extends to the reader in this delightful mash-up of Pride and Prejudice with a bit of Irish, Scottish, German and Border folk lore, a wee bit of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream (Titania and Oberon are the King and Queen of Faerie here) and a large bit of Ms. Reynolds' own imagination.

Magic is an integral part of the story and is not limited to the fay folk; many humans have magic too. There are different types of magic. For example, Darcy has "elemental m
Sophia
When offered the opportunity to read a book that pairs Austen's Pride & Prejudice with magic and faeries, there really was only one answer. Of course, I snatched it up and was oblivious to the outside world for hours at a time- fey magic?

First of all, this book can be read by all comers. No prior history with Austen's P&P or Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream are needed. If you like tales of the fey or historical fantasy romances, you'll do fine- better than fine, actually.

What a fas
Lynn
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Delightful Book

This was just a delight to read. It makes the land of Faerie so real. It cleverly intertwines the Pride and Prejudice story with magic, sorcery, and heroics. There is lots of humour, and romance in this book. Well worth reading if you like Pride and Prejudice and fantasy. It in one of my new favourites.
James S
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful story

My goodness. I have no idea how to do justice to this amazing book. P&P meets Fayre land. I new imagined fantasy world conceived and written about by one of P&P variation best author’s.

Great story. I sincerely hope there will be more stories set in this new reality. I can imagine other authors asking permission to write story’s taking place in it.

I believe this would make a great series on Netflix and a great video game.

I recommend this book highly bow to Abigail Reynolds.
Talia
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JAFF meets the Dresden Files. My favorite Abigail Reynolds book yet.
wosedwew
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof. ~ Neil Gaiman

Brownies! Dryads! Fay Folk! Mages! Phoukas! Redcaps! Sorcerers!

Count me with those who rarely read Fairy Tales. Even so, this book had me hooked from the opening sentences.

A complex plot that I won’t attempt to re-cap – and yet everything fits together and loose ends
EM Clark
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this and hope for a sequel!!

The new original characters are well created and the traditional fae characters are fascinating. The way the P&P characters are wound through the story is really fun and enjoyable. I would definitely read a sequel, and I hope there will one!!

Also, one of my favorite variation authors!!!
Elin Eriksen
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! This book blew my mind!
I was spellbound by Abigail Reynolds' book of the fay and faerie world, combined with the excruciating romance of PnP.

The battle between good and evil, between mortals and fay, intersped with toe-curling romance, made this a nail-bitingly thrilling read.

Heartily recommend this book!
Madenna U
In this Pride and Prejudice variation, there is a bit of extra magic as the story takes place in the world of mages and fairies. The story starts as Elizabeth visits Charlotte at Hunsford. It quickly creates a world were humans and fairies intermingle and are co-dependent, even though most don't know. Our usual pride and prejudices are not only about status in regency England but also within the magic world. Women being forbidden to use magic is a major player to start . . .

Family relationships,
Dung
Wow, what a page turner! Such a delightful, angst filled, magical adventure with our favorite P&P characters, not to mention some great additions.

Abigail Reynolds is such a great storyteller! With all the P&P variations out there, it still amazes me how authors are so creative.

There are other great reviews that sum up the story. All I have to say is it’s definitely one of my favorite books this year. Bravo to the author for such creative storytelling. The ending left you with a potenti
Shelley
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, I finally finished it! I started it and then the kids needed to go shopping, snow day, my mother needed me to run errands. So frustrating that life got in my way to read!
5 plus stars from me!
My Goodread friends...Sheila, Debbie, JW, Wosedwew, Sophia, and Charlene all wrote fantastic reviews.

This story involves a enchanting tale that involves the world of Pride and Prejudice with the land of Faerie. The world of magic, fantasy, and enchantment all wrapped into one. Never was I so engrosse
Cathy
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abigail Reynold’s best work yet!

I know I say this every time I read a new book by her, but she continues to impress me and truly outdoes herself each time. Before I became addicted to Pride and Prejudice, I used to read almost exclusively fantasy, especially growing up, so this is the best of both worlds for me! I love, love, LOVE this book! Where to begin? This woman is a genius, and the fact that she created this magnificent fantasy world mixed with P&P and A Midsummer Night’s Dream is tru
Barbara
If I could have given this book 10 stars, I would have. That's how much I loved it. It is different from any other Pride and Prejudice variation I've read or even dreamed of. For one thing, it's a Faerie story. In fact I would call it Faerie first, and romance second, and Jane Austen fan fiction (JAFF) last of all, even though the characters that are common to both are true to those in Austen's original story.

While the author has used Titania and Oberon (from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's D
Anna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intensely readable and a lot of fun. I don't normally like books about Fae, but maybe because I already knew the characters this was easier for me to get into. I've read a lot of Abigail Reynolds in the past, but this was a different animal. If you're a P&P nerd and a fantasy variation with some alternate history excites you, I highly recommend this book. It did drag a bit through the last 75 pages or so, but not enough to make it less than a 4 star read. Overall, I'm very glad I read it. I ...more
Teresita
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!

An incredibly interesting mix of adventure and magic, I especially enjoyed this marvelous story along with the characters, both from the fairy world and the original ones for this book.
Thoroughly entertaining and recommended!!
Charlene
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!

Loved this fantasy Pride and Prejudice. To have Darcy and Lizzy in Shakespeare “Midsummers night Dream “. Well maybe not but it is diverting to read the enchantment Ms Reynolds wrote and we all get to enjoy reading.

Well done 👍🏻 Couldn’t put the story down
Bronwen Chisholm
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful pairing

This story seamlessly combined our favorite characters (and favorite villains) from P&P with the world of Fairy to create a fantasy story the reader never wants to leave. New prejudices and new prides, still a happy ever after. Well done!
Chelsea
(Hey, Chelsea, how’d you spend your winter break?

Reading P&P variations, obviously. It’s cold out, what else is there to do?)

Such a creative take on familiar characters and dynamics. The world building was deft and the internal logic of an illogical system of magic felt solid. For all that these characters lived in a very different world than the one Austen originally placed them in, their established traits and faults were beautifully transferred.

(Without giving too much away, I particular
Misty
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has a whole heap of 5 star ratings from JAFF fans, but for me, more like 3.75, maybe? There were things I really liked, but it also had a tendency to feel kitchen sink-y: there was a lot going on, and a LOT of quasi deus ex machina throughout, which I'll get more into when I fully review it.
But that said, I love seeing non-traditional P&P retellings, especially fantasy, and I liked the sort of Midsummer Night's Dream mashup aspect.

*Provided by the author.
Vee Stojcevski
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting

What a beautiful story. It was very entertaining throughout. I enjoyed the magical and otherwise connections between all of the characters. As ever in Abigails stories Darcy and Elizabeth have wonderful chemistry. A different variation to what I am normally used to but it was wonderfully told and very enjoyable. Aelfric is one of my favourites. Highly recommended
Patricia M. Goodall
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I read many P&P variations weekly. Most follow the original and I find myself skimming through these books. This is the first book I have read word for word and couldn't put it down. What a refreshing variation! Kudos to the author for a delightful read. This book will definitely be on my read again list.
Ann
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ!

Ms Abigail has done a brilliant job with her latest PNP book! I could not put it down (and was torn when it became necessary). Loved all the twists and turns and every drop of enchantment she poured into this book! This cannot be “consumed” properly with 1 reading, be assured, it will be gone back over and every morsel will be chew most thoroughly!
Jenny
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a bit unsure about whether to read this book... I've read a few magical Pride and Prejudice variations and found I generally like the idea but then find myself disappointed - the ideas too complicated, names too difficult to remember and important plot lines explained by 'magic'.... but I love everything written by Abigail Reynolds so decided I couldn't give it it a miss!!

None of my usual complaints (outlined above!) were a problem in this book - although I found a glossary at the end whic
Jenny Koch
This book barely had anything to do with Pride & Prejudice - just the bare trappings really. In fact the story starts with the initial disastrous proposal scene in the original P&P. Jane, Bingley, and Kitty are only really mentioned as sidenotes and more focus is spent on the fantasy aspect. In a way, the focus on the fantasy plotline saved the book. Most P&P-inspired stories can't hold up to the original, particularly if they follow the exact storyline too closely. Plus, the additio ...more
Carmen
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit too long ...
Tina
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't even know how to start this review, my thoughts are all over. I guess I'll start with the fact that I loved the magic system in this story. It was unique to see that though people with an affinity to magic could learn spells there are also people who have wild magic, which is the ability to use magic without having to learn it. I loved the majority of the characters in this tale. We get to see some famous members of the fae and get to know new ones. I loved the interactions between Eliza ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Haunting Mr. Darcy - A Spirited Courtship
  • Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1)
  • The Many Lives of Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • A Will of Iron: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The 26th of November: A Pride and Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions
  • Disruption at Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Memory: Volume 2, Trials To Bear: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice
  • He Taught Me to Hope (Darcy and the Young Knight's Quest #1)
  • Boots and Backpacks: Pride & Prejudice on the Appalachian Trail, Roughly
  • His Uncle's Favorite
  • Mr. Darcy's Bite (Darcy Bites #1)
  • Passages: A Pemberley Tale
Abigail Reynolds may be a nationally bestselling author and a physician, but she can’t follow a straight line with a ruler. Originally from upstate New York, she studied Russian and theater at Bryn Mawr College and marine biology at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole. After a stint in performing arts administration, she decided to attend medical school, and took up writing as a hobby d ...more