Start by marking “Miss Compton's Christmas Romance” as Want to Read:
Miss Compton's Christmas Romance

Miss Compton's Christmas Romance

Sometimes playing pretend can lead to the perfect romance…

When Miss Leonora Compton decides to go to Sheffield and spend Christmas with her sister, she finds herself travelling with a man she cannot afford to like. But as their journey progresses she enters an unexpected partnership with him and realizes that things aren't what they seem. Because Mr. Dalton is not only tem
Kindle Edition
Published December 18th 2018 by Sophie Barnes

To ask other readers questions about Miss Compton's Christmas Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Compton's Christmas Romance

Sissy's Romance Book Review
Miss Compton's Christmas Romance by Sophie Barnes is the story of Philip Dalton and Leonora Compton.
Leonora has settled into the life of a spinster and with her dowry money, she opened her own shop. Phillip too is of the working class but he did marry when he was young but it didn't go well. So for him he is settled into never marrying again. But when Leonora and Philip happen to be traveling together he tries to protect Leonora which leads them into getting to know one another better. This star
Hannah
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

This is a delightful novella from Sophie Barnes. It's a quick and easy romance with enjoyable characters and fun plot. As shocking as it was for Miss Leonora Compton to go into trade she managed to convince her parents to let her so she wouldn't be a burden on them or her younger sister and her brother-in-law in the future. As a result her parents were able to travel the world without having to worry about her. Leonora is given a shock, her landlord lost the property gambling and her
Jennifer Becker
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a charming holiday read. These two characters are so fun together on their Christmas trip met with some interesting turns
Barbara Rogers
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Series: Standalone
Publication Date: 12/18/18

This is a delightful, straightforward romance between two lovely people who deserve to find their HEA. You won’t find a dastardly duke or an errant earl here, both the hero and the heroine are working-class commoners – and that is a very refreshing thing.

Leonora Compton has reached the ripe old age of four and twenty without marrying. She’s just never found anyone who stirred her feelings enough to make her want that for herself. So, she’s persuaded he
Denise Levendoski
Thank you to Sophie Barnes and Goodreads.com I won this book in a Giveaway.

Super fun novella and a great little read if you need a break from reality. This book was a good little distraction that I read beginning to end in one sitting that left me a smiling ear to ear for Miss Compton !
Sharlene
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet, romantic novella. Just right for the season!
Cerian
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do love a Christmas novella and this one easily ticks the boxes. It can be hard to make a romance feel natural in a shorter story but this one does and I felt that Leonora and Philip were a very well matched pair.
Tanja Kezmic
Shelves: omgreads
Perfect - this one was just PERFECT I'm not sure I can muster enough words to describe how happy this "little" book has made me. Philip and Leonora were simply match made in heaven. The story is written effortlessly and showcase how simple love actually is.

Perfect read for a snowy night. I absolutely love Sophie Barnes!!!

***Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMGReads Blog***
Rose Blue
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: https://wp.me/p3QRh4-Qp

At age twenty-four, Miss Leonora Compton has decided that she’ll never marry, and begins her campaign to convince her father to give her dowry directly to her so that she may open a shop. At first, Mr. Compton is opposed, feeling that a gentleman’s daughter doesn’t belong in trade. Leonora’s arguments eventually win him over, and she opens a flower and plant shop. She is just getting her business started when her new Scroogelike landlord doub
G.A. Hurst
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Compton’s Christmas Romance is a delightfully told and wonderfully romantic adventure centered around the Christmas season.
Lenora Compton is twenty-four and has given up on trying to find a husband. She’s talked her father into giving her some of her dowry to invest in a shop to help her be independent. She rented a home and used the front part to set up her shop. Just before she was to leave for her sister’s home in Yorkshire for Christmas, a man came to her shop. Mr. Becker was not a plea
Connie Fischer
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
London

Miss Leonora Compton, age 24, knows she will probably never marry so her father has agreed to let her use her dowry to open a shop. Her friend, Kathy, daughter of a local merchant, has come to work for her. Together, they raise vegetables, fruits, and flowers in the hothouse attached to their store.

Leonora’s younger sister is married to a viscount and she is going to visit her for two weeks at Christmas at their home in Yorkshire. Even though she feels she should stay in London to help ru
Barb
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding love again

Great story. Love the stagecoach banter. Phillip finally love again after being hurt by late wife and realizing Leonora was his match.
Leonora was so determine to make her business work, she gave up on romance. Only to meet Phillip in route to her sister's house.
I love the moment their realized they were both invited to Lockwood manor for Christmas.
I only wish there was an epilogue with them back in London meeting with the landlord who was causing problems.
Annette
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leonora has just opened a plant shop on Bond Street. She sells flowers, fruit and vegetables. Now a new landlord has appeared and he is going to raise her rent. She is concerned that she may need to move to another location.

But, in spite of her worries, she is going on a public coach to visit her sister, her sister's husband and their new infant daughter.

She meets Philip, a handsome and charming stranger. In order to protect her from a man with bad intentions, he tells the passengers they are hu
Bridget Lewis
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Am I his wife

They meet in a public coach to Sheffield. A rake was bothering her so Mr. Dalton states She is his wife! Lenora is immediately attracted but saw Phillip shake hands with A man who increases her shop rent dramatically! Philip had a horrible first marriage and fights his attraction to Lenora. With a little Christmas magic they arrive at the same destination! A sweet HEA!
Sandra Tomas
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes! Pretending! Is all it takes.

He called her his wife! But they were stranger's.They we're both on Holliday, and unbeknown to thee other they were going to the same place.Her sister and his friend.
By the time they reached their destination, love had taken root.
I enjoyed reading this story very much. Because love can bloom
In the most unexpected ways.
Diane Sallans
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received an ecopy of this novella thru a Goodreads Giveaway. I've read other books by this author and always enjoy her stories. It's 5 chapters long and readable in about 2 hours. The story features two London merchants who meet on the way to a Viscout's family Christmas and have an immediate attraction. I found it a very satisfying story of the Christmas season.
Anne
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Christmas Romance

I enjoyed reading this Christmas Historical Romance. It was set in London and the countryside. The book.seemed short so I felt the characters were not as well developed as they could have been, but that was just like the story. A very quick romance and marriage. A really fun read.
P.
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Good characters, solid writing. Even the standard tropes don't set eyes rolling. While 'see you later' & 'are you up for a game of cards?' etc don't strike the ear as standard regency patois, it hardly matters. A easy read.
Mary
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Christmas romance - novella

I enjoyed the characters and the story engaged me from the start. For readers looking for a Christmas historical romance during the busy holidays this novella fits the bill.
WinieP
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Just a perfect novella to read for the holidays. Everything occurs in a few days, and the story is short enough to finish in one sitting, but well-written so you could believe they really fell in love.
Diane Horne
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Compton's Christmas Romance By Sophie Barnes

asive stars...Leonora and Philip were match by her sister and husband..This was good old fashion romance novel..Good ending..Like the author.
Lilmissmolly
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Quick easy read with enjoyable characters. I wish novellas like these were available in paperback or in an anthology.
Joanna
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
so fun that I had trouble putting it down. Great Characters and lovely plot.
Melissa
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!!!!

This story was Healy written and heartwarming. I loved the characters so much! It was so much fun watching the feelings of the characters develop.
DIANE CORBIN
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short story but lively

Remind us of why we married and the wonderful relationship that occurs. It is a wonderful reminder of the true partnership a marriage truly is.
Trish R.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it

I have no idea how many pages were in this, but it was short. Instantly in love and married within days of meeting. But it was a cute love story.

The sex was fade to black.
Marjorie Bridges
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sorry, I was disappointed in this book.
Brenda Dickson
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful novella and a quick and easy read.
lorrell  Guerra
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this heart warming romance from beginning to end it was wonderful.
Kathy Church
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I read this book while a December snow storm was going on. It made for a perfect way to pass the time. It is a wonderful Christmas story.

• A Marquess for Christmas
  • How To Kiss A Rogue (Connected by a Kiss Book 2)
  • All Things Merry and Bright: A Very Special Christmas Tale Collection
  • Two Men Walk into a Bar (at Christmastime)
  • Only Seduction Will Do (House of Pleasure, #4)
  • His Wicked Smile (Redcakes, #3)
  • Christmas in Kilts
  • The Laird’s Christmas Kiss (The Lairds Most Likely, #2)
  • Under The Kissing Bough
  • Christmas Seduction
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • Mine at Midnight
  • The Fox And The Angel (The de Montforte Brothers #4.5)
  • One Winter's Night: A Regency Yuletide Collection
  • Noble Holidays: Four Sweet Victorian Christmas Novellas
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • The Cowgirl Meets Her Match (Elk Heights Ranch)
USA Today Bestselling Author

Born in Denmark, Sophie has spent her youth traveling with her parents to wonderful places all around the world. She’s lived in five different countries, on three different continents, and speaks Danish, English, French, Spanish and Romanian.

She has studied design in Paris and New York and has a bachelor’s degree from Parson’s School of design, but most impressive of al