Start by marking “The Betrayed Wife” as Want to Read:
The Betrayed Wife

The Betrayed Wife

THE PERFECT FAMILY
Sheila O'Rourke has always known her husband isn't perfect. Who is? But things have been better since they moved to Seattle to make a fresh start. So much so that when sixteen-year-old Eden turns up, claiming to be Dylan's child by another woman, Sheila tries to be welcoming.

CAN BECOME
At first, Sheila feels sympathy for the girl. Eden's mother recently
Published July 30th 2019 by Pinnacle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Betrayed Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betrayed Wife

Dita
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I am exhausted today because I might've stayed up well past my bedtime to binge on this addictive book last night.

Long-suffering Sheila has been making excuses for and putting up with Dylan's infidelity for years but everything comes to a head when his "maybe daughter", Eden, shows up on their doorstep. At the same time, Sheila begins receiving sinister texts and wonders if she is being followed.

Out of a sense of loyalty and a desire to right past wrongs, Dylan invites Eden into their home and l
Michelle
Aug 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Alrighty then *Cracks knuckles* Let's do this!

I don't even know where to begin. I'll give you a very brief synopsis of the story:

Sheila and Dylan are married with three children. Sheila has been getting stalked by a disheveled young man and his Goth-like girlfriend. Sheila even discovers the pair in her home and finds out that this young lady, Eden, is Dylan's illegitimate daughter that he never knew about. Her mother, Antonia, recently died and having no other family she decides to come home t
lovebooks
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of surprising twists. I’d this the perfect family? Dylan is no angle Shiela knows that Dylan and his wife sheila have 3 kids. One day Dylan’s past comes back to haunt them. A 16 year old daughter Dylan knew nothing about arrives. Trying to make things up to her he invites her to stay with his other family. This is when things go horribly wrong.
Shalini
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A leapord does not change its spots, and neither does an infidel husband. I have to be honest here, Dylan was the most horrible of husbands. He was only busy trying to find the next woman to score with. To think he had grown up children along with an illegitimate one who popped up suddenly into their family life. You would think he would then find his shame.... Noooo he found the next woman... But someone was killing these women too... What would the wife Sheila do now? Or was she the killer?

My
Toni
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This book starts out showing the death of Antonia. She is thrown naked from the roof of her apartment building and her daughter, Eden is sent to live with her father, Dylan O'Roarke. He had a fling with Toni sixteen years earlier. And his string of discarded women is immense. Needless to say, some of these women come with a lot of baggage.

Before Eden comes to live with them, she and her boyfriend Brodie start tormenting Dylan's wife Sheila. And then the trouble starts getting worse and
Lucy
I have been having great luck with new-to-me authors recently and Kevin O'Brien is yet another exciting discovery for me. This was a really solid and engrossing thriller.

One day Sheila - long-suffering wife of philanderer Dylan - begins receiving creepy, anonymous texts and believes that someone may be following her. Then, a teenage girl shows up at their house claiming to be Dylan's child that he had with another woman. Dylan decides he wants to finally do the right thing so he invites Eden int
Kristin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley, Kevin O'Brien and Kensington Books/Pinnacle for this ARC.

I've been a Kevin O'Brien fan for a while now, and I really enjoyed this book. It's got the right amount of "oh my God" and "wtf" moments that are common in a KB novel.

I really disliked Dylan's character, and with good reason. He's not a good father or husband. There were times I wanted to reach through the pages and shake him because he was being an idiot.

All in all, this was another fantastic read from Kevin O'Bri
Laura Silvia
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book,, twist and turns.. Thought I had it figured out but I was wrong.. I really enjoyed ,, Kevin O'brien never disappoints..
Lilly
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an addictive and engrossing psychological thriller that kept me glued to the book way beyond my bed time.

Sheila is the long suffering wife of Dylan who seems to be a serial cheater.
One day his "maybe" daughter arrives at their door, and in an attempt to make up for his ever neglect Dylan invites her to stay. Big mistake.

From this point onward an explosive chain reaction of secrets, betrayals, utter craziness, obsessiveness and much more erupt with unforeseen consequences and a satisfact
Nicole ☠ "psychological" thrill me❗
A daughter you never knew about, a philandering husband, stalkers, obsession, cheating, ex-lovers, lies, deciet and so many twists and turns that your head will spin, this story pulls you and doesn't let go until the explode ending. Told through multiple points of view, with engaging characters, this is one wild ride. It was like a boomerang of suspects going through your mind having you thinking, "no its her, no now I think its her!", you definitely will not see that ending coming!
Irene
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O’Brien is an impressive emotional domestic thriller. Many twists and turns and an unexpected ending.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Pat G.
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! The Betrayed Wife is a non stop thriller. I read it in two days. Could not put it down and I was reading until 2am.

Sheila O'Rourke is the mother of three children and living in Seattle. Her husband is a very attractive man and not too faithful. He is a good father to the children and can be a loving man so Sheila sort of looks the other way when he cheats. Not a good idea but...

A young girl, Eden shows up on their doorstep claiming to be his child and setting a non stop storm in motion. T
Jessica Zweiacker
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creepy Read! This book is one you will not be able to put down. It has so many family dynamics issues in it. It will make you ponder who well do you know your husband. So many things going on in the book, it was a fast read. The storyline was intriguing and appalling at the same time. It will have you questioning , who do you really trust.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced copy of the book.
#netgalley
#thebetrayedwife
Janice Lombardo
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Antonia is standing at the edge of the roof...

Sheila's brakes give way...

And that is just the start of a high suspense thriller! The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O'Brien is one heck of a read. Everything from an illegitimate daughter to an outright serial cheater. (Oh, and a bit of murder.)This book has it all and so much more. Keep your hats on! Especially you mystery/suspense/.thriller readers!

SO MUCH happens in this captivating book that you won't want to put it down. A reader's sure delight!

HIGHLY
CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O’Brien is an awesome domestic psychological thriller that is not to be missed! So many twist and turns, many emotions run wild while reading this! Loved it!
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
♛Primadonna♛
My ARC copy of the book was provided by the publisher and the author through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

3 star read. Could've been a 4 star read but too many plot holes and things left unwrapped at the ending. Ohhhhh that ending sucked. A bunch. The rest of the novel was really awesome. I absolutely loved it and could not put it down until that ending. Ugh. So many questions I have that are unanswered. There were a good amount of twists and turns and surprises but the ending just
Janeadams Adams
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
When Dylan O'Rourke' s abandoned teenaged daughter Eden shows up at the home he shares with his wife Sheila and their children, , the normal peace and quiet of their home is shattered. And the creepy boyfriend who accompanied Eden on her journey to find her father after her mother died in a mysterious rooftop fall doesn't help. Not that Toni, the dead woman, was any prize as a mother, according to Eden, and Tony' s friends. But something doesn't ring true to Sheila, even though she knows the gir ...more
Diana
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
When I began reading The Betrayed Wife, I couldn’t tell whether I was going to like it or not. As I continued, it became more intriguing and the manipulative characters became more loathsome. Although a bit crazy at times, it is certainly entertaining.
Toni
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Never read anything by this author, I really enjoyed it and will search out others by him.
Judy Odom
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another roller coaster and can't put this book down read by Kevin O'Brien

Sheila knows Dylan isn't perfect and when his daughter that he didn't know about moves into the family home you know trouble for the family is not far behind.

Dylan is quite charming, doesn't make him nice or likeable.

Sheila is receiving anonymous texts, threatening in fact.

Then there is Dylan's daughter Eden.

Who can you trust ?

The pages fly by with twists and turns.

Buckle up your seat belt because with Kevin O' Brien's
Donna Hines
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
The perfect family or the perfect nightmare?! You decide in this remarkable coming of age plot where the husband you thought you knew is holding back secrets.
It turns out he may have fathered a child who comes looking for him all these years later .
Eden after all is having hardships after losing her mother to a uncanny parallel incident to Sheila's past.
However, Eden is know 'angel' sowing discourse throughout the marriage and her new found family.
Sheila tries to be warm and welcoming but has be
Owl._.
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Philandering husband + complacent wife + illegitimate daughter = disaster!

This book has all the ingredients for a suspenseful novel. I have read most of Kevin O'Brien's novels and have enjoyed them all. I feel this one was missing something. This one could have been so much more. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, I did but wanted more. I feel like the characters could have been so much more intense ... more dimensional ... stronger.

3.5/5

Thank you #netgalley and #kensington for the eARC.
D O'neal
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#TheBetrayedWife#NetGalley

Sheila O'Rourk, whose marriage has always been rocky, discovers after seventeen years of marriage that Dylan, her unfaithful cad of a husband, has a sixteen year old daughter, Eden, by another woman!
Eden's mother recently died under mysterious circumstances, leaving Eden homeless. Out of the blue, Eden shows up at the O'Rourk home and announces to Dylan that he is her father. Having no prior knowledge of this mysterious daughter, Dylan orders DNA testing. When confirmed
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O'Brien is a so-so novel of psychological suspense.

Dylan and Sheila O’Rourke are married with three children. She knows he's not perfect, but he has supported her through hard times and cares about her. He was supportive about moving to Seattle after her rough patch and they are doing well now, right? Or is Sheila just doubting herself and seeing things when she feels like she's being watched, followed, and receives strange texts. She even tries to be as supportive as
Mae Clair
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can always count on Kevin O’Brien to deliver a juicy thriller, and he does not disappoint with his latest, The Betrayed Wife. This book has it all¬—a not-so-perfect marriage, illicit affairs, dark family secrets, suspicious deaths, and an illegitimate child.

Shelia O’Rouke has had to overlook a number of her husband’s indiscretions, so when sixteen-year-old Eden shows up claiming to be his daughter, Shelia tries to make the best of it. She welcomes the girl into her home and encourages her thre
Megan
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I felt physically ill after reading this, and not because of the thrill or any horror aspects. It just reminded me of why I don't read thrillers by very many men these days.

All of the female characters were "crazy," obsessed with the main male character just because he was good looking, throwing the words bitch and skank around at each other wayyyy too often, and the language around the women who slept around was charged with negative energy. Yet, the main male character was a cheating, awful h
Diana
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Sheila O’Routke has always been a little “ high- strung” so when a series of odd accidents occur she notices a creepy guy who seeks to be following her. She had noticed him and his equally creepy girlfriend a few weeks ago so it is quite a shock when they show up in her house and she learns that the girl is Her husbands illegitimate daughter, Eden who is 16 and needs her father.
Sheila is furious with Dylan her husband but feels some sympathy for Eden while not trusting her.
Sheila keeps having
Alisa
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The Betrayed Wife certainly messed with my head. There was so much going on I felt like I was watching a train wreck and could’t look away.

Sheila is a married mother with three kids just going through the motions when Eden, a sixteen year old girl, shows up at her door claiming to be her husbands daughter.

Eden’s mother has recently passed away under somewhat unusual circumstances and she now needs a place to live. Although shocking, Sheila’s husbands indiscretion is nothing new to her. Dylan is
Brittany
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who hate women
This book was a whole damn mess. The husband literally slips his business into any female that looks his way, the wife knows about it and she just takes it. She is literally being stalked by someone, but instead of blaming any of the 456431234896323 women her husband is sleeping with, she immediately blames his daughter (from an affair that he conveniently never knew about, of course). So people are dying, the main character has a secret, and dude is just a complete tool. Honestly I hated all th ...more
Teresa
Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
What happens when you have a husband who is the ultimate philanderer and a wife who just lets him get away with it?

While I typically LOVE Kevin O'Brien's books, this one felt like it was missing something. There were definitely twists and turns. But I think the fact that husband was such a wimp and too willing to hop into the sack with other women turned me off. There were crazy and evil characters, which is characteristic of the author's books. And you will be left guessing you is behind all of
« previous 1 3 next »