Start by marking “Omega Defiant (Wolves in the World #2)” as Want to Read:
Omega Defiant (Wolves in the World #2)

Omega Defiant

(Wolves in the World #2)

An omega who wants nothing to do with alphas...
An alpha who wants to save omegas, but never meant to fall for one...
And a thousand-mile roadtrip that will change their lives... if they don't kill each other first.

Omega werewolf Casey Niemi has grown up in the safety of his adopted pack. He can't remember what took him from his original family--and he doesn't want to, e
Published November 29th 2018 (first published November 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Omega Defiant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Omega Defiant

Start your review of Omega Defiant (Wolves in the World #2)
Christina
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't even go here

I'm not really a werewolf person (not that there's anything wrong with werewolf people! It's just not a usual genre for me), but I'm a fan of Dessa Lux's writing in other genres, so I've been reading and enjoying her wolf serieses. This book, however, knocked me out with how amazing it is. It's got all the stuff you probably come to paranormal romance for, but the STORY. There's gender theory! There's examinations of systems of control! There's various takes on mental illness
Joyfully Jay
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Omega Defiant is the second installment in the Wolves in the World series, following Omega Required. I liked that one a bit more than this book, but not by much. The author is building a great world in which a great series can thrive. The stories are compelling, and there is obviously a much larger arc that they’re a part of. The characters are strong, interesting, and definitely well fleshed out. Their personalities shine through, they’re very easy to know, and the
⚣Michaelle⚣
I liked this one even more than I did the first one...

Once again, it's a slow moving story - but at least the sexy times come a bit quicker in this installment. Heart-breaking (again) and yet so romantic. I can't wait to read Ethan's story. (Which I hope comes out soon!)
Walford
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Phew! Made it through. And it was so worth it. Gotta tell you though our protagonists really wore me down with their prickliness and bickering (in the first quarter of the book, and this book is long); almost gave up. Don't give up! What a story, edge of my seat and all that good stuff. Didn't make it through the first in this series for the above reasons, as I recall, but now I'm going back to finish it. (BTW you don't need to read the first to enjoy this one.)
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars

Dessa Lux is a new-to-me author.

Omega Defiant is the second installment in the Wolves in the World series. While I hadn't realized this was the second in a series, it didn't offer any confusion while reading. With that being said, I do believe a few of my issues would have been resolved if I had read the series in order.

Alpha Adam is a researcher, doing a genetics study on omegas. His personality comes off as co
Bea
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a pretty lukewarm response to the first book in this series, but I found this one to be pretty damn amazing.

If I recall correctly, I already had a weird attachment to Adam back then, even when he appeared very minimally, and reading about his backstory here kinda justified that attachment. I really love Casey as well, and I just love Adam and Casey's dynamic together. They're equal parts banter and softness - just the way I like it.

The writing style is still superb; I often say that you ca
Sheila
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I know the author.

I found this book so intense that I kept having to stop and just absorb it - and then dive back in, because omg what was going to happen next. There were a lot of unexpected twists, including things that had me shrieking and disturbing the cat, and through it all Adam and Casey both being stubborn and painfully themselves while falling in love just made me so damn happy.
Karolina Cebula
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

Although Adam Vinick is not a child anymore, the memories of his difficult childhood return to him every single day. That's what made him the alpha he is now – staying out of the way, awkward in his relationships with others, always careful and fully devoted to his research, that in the future could help the omega werewolves on many planes of life. To achieve his goal and open up new perspectives for omegas, Adam must open himself to
Meg
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I have not read the first book in the series, but I was not lost with the storyline at all. It was obvious that there is a story behind Rory and Beau, but it is not necessary for this plot. I do plan to read their story soon.

I read this book in one sitting. It kept me engaged throughout the story. It is different enough from other ABO books that I found it refreshing and really entertaining. And the sexy times were hot!

The MCs are well developed and have very strong p
Sarita Chapdelaine
Shelves: arc
This is another amazing book in the Wolves in the World series and I love everything about it. I was engaged from the very first page and I could not put it down. It is well-written, emotional, inspiring, sweet, intriguing, funny at times, has some sad moments and the characters are incredible. There are a few surprising twists in the story but the overall feeling is hope. Hope that Casey can deal with the past that he can't remember and hope that Adam will also be able to deal with what happene ...more
Elizabeth Hanelt
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The chemistry wasnt immediate but...

I really love a good slow burn, and I love Dessa Lux's other work, under All The Pen Names... we met both Adam and Casey in Omega Required, also a lovely piece of work, and a bit of psychological mystery. Or maybe sociological mystery would be a better term.
Adam is cranky, rigid, and academic, an alpha with almost no social skills, and he knows it. Casey is friendly, emotionally literate, a competent midwife with deep training in his pack's traditions. Casey
Scooby2
Dec 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
“Omega Defiant” is my first book by Dessa Lux and I think the writing is just not for me. I love alpha/omega books but this one just didn’t work for me. I struggled to finish it, which disappointed me because I love these books. I found it to be too wordy, way too long, and I had a hard time getting into the story. Although this is the second in the series I didn’t feel like I needed to read the first, I wasn’t lost. This may be a case of me and not the book, since others seem to like it.

I give
MT
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

This author manages to take everything we think we know about shifter mpreg and expand on it until it’s barely the same. It becomes something bigger and more wonderful than we knew to wish for.

The books in this series are long. This book was shockingly long for a mpreg. But it was important to use that entire length to tell the story. And what a story it was!!!

There is a depth to the world and characters that you just don’t frequently get with mpreg books. This story must have taken a
coslyons
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked Casey better than I liked Rory, and so I was way more disappointed by the fact that he ended up acting so...flippantly? permissive? dotingly? around Adam. I just felt like the switch got flipped too fast from distain to ardor, all because they fucked. Something about that really rubbed me the wrong way.

Also this one had way more mpreg which was not something I enjoyed at all, because pregnancy as a concept is deeply disturbing for me. (It’s a body horror thing that I have, nothing agains
Grace
4.5 rounded down

Another really interesting book in this series! Like the first, it's on the long side, but the build here feels so natural that it really worked for me. I enjoyed the characters immensely, and I liked that while Casey and Adam had their own traumas to work through, as did the characters in the first book, their journey was still very much their own. I continue to find the world-building here really fascinating, and am looking forward to Ethan's book next! Very curious to see if h
Sineala
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got the first book for free and went back and bought the second one, so the dastardly promotional tactic works! *shakes fist*

I am not typically a big fan of A/B/O werewolves but I love Dessa Lux's writing in other genres and under other names so I had no doubt she would be able to deliver a compelling romance story. And this was great. Adam and Casey are initially at odds with each other but then, over the course of a roadtrip, slowly fall in love and each end up learning things about their ow
Karen
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love love

I have read everything Dessa has put out through the kindle app. I just love her writing.
I have to say,, Casey and Adam’s story surprised me. I didn’t see any of it coming. As with most stories, you kind of get a feel for where the author is taking you. So that was nice to be actually stunned at what was happening.
Casey is just the right amount of snarky. Adam is stand off ish and tries not to rock the boat in life I think. He does what he can to not be a typical alpha I believe, whic
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Omega Defiant by Dessa Lux is the second book in the Wolves in the World series. Casey and Adam's story is a journey through finding themselves, answering the questions of the past and finding a forever future. Their interactions gave me all the feels with their sweetness and yet sexiness. The story is well told and highly entertaining, definitely kept my full attention.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.

Diana
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic series

I love a good shifter romance, and Dessa Lux writes fabulous ones. Not only do they have a page-turning plot and wonderfully sexy sex scenes, but the characters are so well written and the reader gets to see them grow throughout the book. Her werewolf culture is richly detailed, giving depth and context to the characters’ struggles. Truly a standout series by a standout author.
Elena
Shelves: sff, lgbtq, romance
Whoops, started this on my lunch break the day it was published and finished it 9 hours later (after I unfortunately had to take a break to do my job for a few hours in the middle). I really enjoyed this one. If you like this kind of thing, this is exactly the book you will like. (If you don't already know what I mean by "this kind of thing," then, um, this may not be a book you will like.)
schneefink
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just wanted to read a chapter or two and ended up finishing this in one go. This was just overall a very nice story: A lovely slow romance between two characters with baggage that find together and how they fit together and can help each other, with some family drama as scenery that worked well too.
Victoria Taylor
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little deeper than your average shifter book

I guess I’ll start by saying that I have read all of this author’s books and I have really loved all of them. This story has two traumatized MCs who kind of figure their pasts out during a long road trip together. Love that these guys are weirdly perfect for each other in a totally unexpected way. Highly recommend.
Kaila
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was really interesting.. the writing is a whole different kind of world for me. i havent read many like this. it was interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat curious to see what was next. the characters bantar was fun.. it made me laugh and smile. very good and i cannot wait to see more by this author and this series.
Beth
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this new installment in the WitW series, although I admit I put it down for a while as the guys discovered SO MUCH ANGSTY FAMILY BACKGROUND. I mean, honestly, they could have shared it among six or so extra people. But I liked Casey and Adam together as the dysfunctional pair that they are, and I'm planning to move on to Ethan's story. Lux does a good romance.
Beth
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it. It's not necessary to have read book one in the series to enjoy this one, but it would make for a fuller reading experience since we first meet the guys in the first book.
Great world building and character development.

received an ARC for review purposes
Keith
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting and Different

The story takes a bit of time to warm up to but eventually Adam and Casey develop into characters worth following. Decent character development and shifter world view. The story ends well, with a promise and hope for the future.
Kiralibris
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I am in love with this universe!! This installment is even better than the last one. great plot, really fun romance, delicious sex scenes, and a very satisfying conclusion. I especially love how both men grow and change, discovering an ability to both take care of each other and be taken care of in turn.
Bran Zesti
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading about these two was great, their story was different but very good. Well done Dessa Lux!!
Anera Shell
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great series

I cried a lot reading this book. That's high praise. I can't wait for Ethan's story. Its an interesting new world.
Yvonne
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Good, but lacking the world building culture details that I enjoyed so much in the first book.

• The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Hidden (Siren Cove #2)
  • Home in Austin (Lone Star Brothers #4)
  • The Vampire's Omega (The Vampire's Omega, #1)
  • His Surrogate Omega (Omega Quadrant #1)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires, #1)
  • Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • The Replacement Husband (Goddess-Blessed, #1)
  • Rescued (Alphabits #1)
  • The Cub Club (Lone Wolves Ranch, #1)
  • Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Not All Rednecks (Chosen #15)
  • Beastly (The Greaves Brothers #1)
  • Stranded (Siren Cove #3)
  • Unconventional (Unconditional Love #2)

Wolves in the World (2 books)
  • Omega Required