Start by marking “Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)” as Want to Read:
Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)

Spun Out

(Blacktop Cowboys #10)

New York Times bestselling author Lorelei James returns for another wild ride in Wyoming with a new Blacktop Cowboys(R) novel.

Published November 5th 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Spun Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spun Out

Start your review of Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
You can show me those dark corners of yourself and I’ll help you shine a light on them, deal with them, chase them the fuck away without you havin’ to fear that I’ll abandon you when you need me the most. Ain’t happenin’, sweetheart. Ever.”

Oh.
My.
Heart.

This beautiful romance completely captured my heart and I never want it back. If single dads are your catnip, prepare to hand your heart and ovaries to Streeter Hale. There's something so incredibly sweet and endearing about this man.
Beth
Holy hotness, this book brings the heat! What's better than finding a hot as all get out romance... Finding one that the reader can really sink their teeth into because its not just fluff but some serious storytelling. Spun Out is definitely one of those sink your teeth into, riveted me to the pages, reads. Gripping and emotional charged with characters that connect the reader to the tale.

Spun Out had everything I was looking for in a novel, A heartfelt tale with some serious chemistry, that
♥Rachel♥
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey’s supposedly on leave from the army, spending the summer with her sister, Harper and her kids after the birth of Harper’s newest, but Bailey hasn’t been completely honest with her sister. Bailey’s not only off for the summer, she’s out for good. The reasons are tough, and a year ago Bailey didn’t deal well with it, but she’s on the mend mentally, even if she’s keeping all of it to herself. Bailey ends up putting her skills as an army Sergeant to use when the parents of Split Rock see her ...more
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars for Spun Out!

I’m such a sucker for a single dad romance, and boy did Lorelei deliver! Street was just so good and true. A real cinnamon roll hero, but as with all of Lorelei’s men, they have that delicious side of sexiness, and they know how to use it to turn their women out in the bedroom!! Have mercy! I did struggle with the first half of the story, but in hindsight I’m able to see how it was necessary in explaining Bailey’s reluctance or reservations. That girl had some secrets that
RachelW (BamaGal)
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Good entry in an enjoyable series. A single father and a woman mustering out of the military for reasons explained in the story. This has been the only consistently readable LJ series for me. Rough Riders was too raunchy, and her NA series is too juvenile for my tastes. The characters in this series are more real, with real life issues (especially in this book). Really liked the first half, then it leveled out for a bit when the sex got going. And the ending was a bit too much drama. But ...more
Kahea
***5 Stars***

Ahhhh...where to begin??

How about a confession or two??

First one: This series has been one of my absolute favorites for many, many years and I get all kinds of happy when I get to spend a few hours with the Muddy Gap crew.

Second one: Bran and Harper (Saddled & Spurred) are my fav couple of the series. Even after all this time, they are still the ones that I NEED to have updates on ~ even if they are just in passing.

So, with the Turners being my fav’s it shouldn’t come as a
Sandy S
4.25 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 5, 2019

Years in the Army equipped Bailey Masterson for many things: target shooting, rappelling off cliffs, dodging grenades. She's lived through horrors that still give her nightmares. But nothing in Bailey's life-or-death training prepared her for caring for the tiny terror that is five-year-old Olivia Hale. Or how to control her raging attraction to Olivia's father, Streeter, the rugged, green-eyed cattle rancher who undermines her every move
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Reviewer’s note: I know there are different opinions on trigger warnings, but because I know some situations can be hard for people I will warn you upfront that this book discusses suicide, talks about a suicide scene, and the way it affects people left behind.

Some authors consistently bring it to the table and Lorelei James is one of those authors. I’ll admit I was anticipating this story, this pairing, but was curious to see how it would play out; if they’d work for me given their very
Melissa
Thunk, thunk......Be still my heart.

Spun Out was exactly everything I hoped it would be and more!

After returning from a stint in the army, Bailey Masterson returns back “home” to Wyoming for the summer to help her sister Harper out with her young kids while trying to figure out where her own next step in life will be. While doing a boot camp for kids stint at the Split Rock Ranch & Resort, Bailey meets single dad Streeter Hale and his five year old daughter Olivia.

And....whew Streeter is
Julie
Shelves: arc
Being a single parent is never easy. For Streeter – the pitfalls in life have mounted on his shoulders. Adding to the pressures of losing his wife, Streeter is responsible for raising a head-strong child – Olivia. It is not an easy task, but it is a necessity that Streeter feels slipping through his grasp. Life at Split Rock is the saving grace that Streeter needs to make it through each passing day.

Bailey Masterson is trying to deal with the reality of civilian life. Looking for a place to get
Kathy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Spun Out by Lorelei James is a sweet and sizzling hot romance that is an uplifting story of healing, new beginnings and love. Although this newest release is the tenth installment in the Blacktop Cowboys series, it can be read as a standalone.

Bailey Masterson reluctantly returns to Wyoming while she figures out her future. Her military career is in flux and she is in the midst of determining what she wants to do next. On the surface, Bailey appears relatively well-adjusted, but there
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
You had me at single dad. Streeter was so endearing. I fell in love with him early on. I love a good guy. I’m so sick of men that sleep around. I feel like that is all there is in books anymore. This is what I’m looking for in a guy! The first half was slow to me and I could understand Baileys reservations. Why did she act the way she did!? As soon as secrets wee revealed, we got into the meat of the story and I loved it. I love when a book goes way deeper emotionally than I was expecting. This ...more
Tina
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lorelei James’ newest release Spun Out is a must read and quickly became one of my favorites in her Blacktop Cowboys series. When military girl Bailey Masterson returns home for the summer to help her sister at Split Rock Ranch, she meets single dad Streeter Hale and his young, feisty daughter Olivia. The chemistry between these two characters is amazing and the slow burn of their relationship is scorching hot. Both have dealt with some very serious issues in the past, so be prepared to ride an ...more
Timitra
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

Spun Out is funny, sweet, sexy and filthy. It also packs a punch. It's a single dad romance that deals with a lot of heavy issues yet has a lightness to it. I loved it especially the characters, the author did a great job with crafting them. I highly recommend this book.

Copy provided by author
Katherine Yearwood
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: westerns, 2019
Spun Out, written by Lorelei James, was a pleasure to read. The characters were well-developed, had a nice pace when it came to how fast the story went by.

The storyline hit on several topics that we don't hear or talk about; Lupus and Postpartum Depression, otherwise known as postnatal depression.

The author did an excellent job of presenting these topics. It was done very informatively, not overly done to where it was the plot of the entire book.

If I had to pick my favorite character, I have
LaWanna Lewis
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spun Out
This book was like no other book in the Black Top Cowboys series, it's a shame that this is the last book contracted for this series, praying that there will be snippets later down the line on all of the people in this series.
In this book, you read about 2 people who had awful situations happen in their life and how they felt like there was no one there who knew what they had gone through, until they met each other.
In the beginning of this book you get drawn into the story by the
Book'n It Reviews
@loreleijamesauthor does it again with another amazing western romance!

Streeter, hard working rancher and single dad raising a feisty little girl, meets Sergeant Bailey Masterson.

Bailey is home helping her big sis Harper at the split rock as she figures her life out after a medical leave from the military.

Who knew Bailey and Streeter could end up being what's best for each other!

I loved this story because it hit hard with real life issues. Life isn't always roses and rainbows but even in
Up All Night With Books
4 Stars
Review by Leah
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

A sweet coming home and starting over story. Spun Out, Blacktop Cowboy #10, by Lorelei James has so much laughter and heart. From the father/daughter relationship to the relationships of everyone on the ranch, it will make you feel right at home.

Bailey is coming home to regroup and figure out her next step. Helping out her sister in her shop, she sees a little thief running through the store. Bailey decides to pursue this little
Rebecca Black
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sinfully HOT! SWOON-WORTHY read!!! Highly emotional! Definitely a MUST READ!
Brenda
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys #10)
Lorelei James

Streeter Hale’s story isn’t an easy one to read and up front you need to be aware that if you have triggers about suicide this story may not be for you. However I think that Lorelei James approached the subject like she always approaches hard subjects. With respect to those characters and people who have dealt with those issues and a heart bigger than any one can truly imagine.

That being said if you give this single dad a chance, his story and he
Darcy
I wasn't sure about this one at the start, Olivia was a brat, then the kids when they were out of control at the day camp, not sure I could have read a whole book about that. But Bailey saved the day, for me with the book and in the book as well. I loved how Bailey was roped into caring for the kids, but she did it her way, turning the day camp into a kids boot camp teaching them how to behave and how there were consequences of their actions, while still rewarding them for good behavior.

I was on
Cassandra Caress
This book touched me on so many levels. There were a couple of issues that I’m sure a lot of people can relate to. Being it a single parent, having left the army, finding yourself and some more that would spoil everything.

Streeter is that kind of hero where you wanna crawl into the book and hug and make him feel better and all the hot stuff! Holy freaking, he might have been in a dry spell, but once finding the sacred land again...oh my gosh! So jealous of Bailey.

Bailey is as tough as you would
Nancy B
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10) by Lorelei James – I had been curious about Streeter Hale’s story for a while and it did not disappoint! He was everything I hoped he would be; quiet, suffering, a real cowboy with a daughter to raise. He has his hands full with a 5 year old spitfire named Olivia. Bailey Masterson enters his life, and it was great to discover where she is now since we were introduced to her many books ago as Harlow’s younger sister. She has turned out beautiful, wiser, and kicks ...more
Melinda Hennies
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has so many layers within the story! We meet Streeter who has a feisty 5 year old and is parenting alone. Bailey is trying to find herself after having a career that has ended. These two are drawn together and agree for just fun. But as the layer unfold you see how these two are a great match..Oh there are many steamy moments that take you back to why Lorelei James writes such great scenes! This book will tug at your heartstrings because Bailey has a way of making you want to jump in ...more
Luz Trevino
Spun Out is the tenth book in the Blacktop Cowboys. It was a really good story that touched on two very serious topics, which was post-partum depression and Lupus and it's consequences to both our main characters. Bailey and Streeter get together for a no strings attached relationship. As they spend many steamy sexy times together the wall they had erected around their hearts begin to crumble day by day. I enjoyed reading how in their case the roles in the relationship were reversed, Bailey was ...more
Penny Dunn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent example of this author's work. She tackles difficult subjects, while spinning a beautiful and sexy romance. This book brings to light that in order to know someone, you have to put aside what you THINK you know about them.
Kimberlee
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was funny, sad, hawt. And just ever so needed. It handled things like suicide, and illnesses. All while being funny. The couple was great. I will definitely reread this.
Moran
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Spun Out so much.

Spun Out is book #10 in the Blacktop Cowboys series but it can be read as a standalone book and you'll enjoy it.

I read over 130 books so far in 2019 and Spun Out is one of my favorite books this year!!

Lorelei James' books are auto buy for me and I pre order them without even reading the blurb because I know I'll enjoy anything she write and Spun Out was another winner from her.

Bailey Masterson spent years in the army and she had no plans of going back to Muddy Gap but
Kerry Williams
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The wait was well worth it. This addition to the Blacktop Cowboys is great. Streeter Hale is the best thing that could happen to Bailey, and vice versa. Olivia is the greatest. I laughed at her through the whole book. Her and the other children were lovable brats that turned into great kids with the help from SGT B. Streeter, Olivia and Bailey all grab your heart with the trials and sadness that they all have endured in their life. Their love story shows that you can be hurt, and still love with ...more
Jeanne
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While Lorelei James is a must-buy author for me, I don't automatically give every book a five-star review. This book, however, demands it!

I love how damaged Bailey is and yet she's so caring, loving and lovable. She's a hard nut to crack though and she's lucky to have a man who eventually figures her out and makes her come to terms with her issues and hangs on tight when she wants to run.

Streeter is a sweetheart. Sure he's not very experienced in things of the heart...or even sex... but he's
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lorelei James & O...: Spun Out - Blacktop Cowboy #10 6 11 Oct 16, 2019 07:47PM

• Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • The Devil in the Saddle (Princes of Texas, #2)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Devoted to Love (Devoted Lovers, #2)
  • The Chase (Doms of Her Life: Heavenly Rising #2)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Sexy Dare (Sexy #1)
  • Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #3)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • The Red Hot Earl (Love is All Around #1)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.

Blacktop Cowboys (10 books)
  • Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys, #3)
  • One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)
  • Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5)
  • Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
  • Wrapped and Strapped (Blacktop Cowboys, #7)
  • Hang Tough (Blacktop Cowboys, #8)
  • Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys, #9)