Start by marking “Pajama Time!” as Want to Read:
Pajama Time!

Pajama Time!

Pajama Time! is a good-night book with the irrepressible language, the inimitable illustrations, the irresistible cast of characters only Sandra Boynton could create.

A jump-roping chicken and a pig on a swing. A Scottie in plaid pajamas and an elephant in a fuzzy one-piece with feet. And in sing-along nuttiness reminiscent of Barnyard Dance!, it's time to head to bed-to t
Board Book, 24 pages
Published April 1st 2000 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Pajama Time!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pajama Time!

Nancy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my favourite books of the year!! Anyone who loves pyjamas will LOVE Pajama Time. 😄🎉
Ellary
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For having the power to turn the travesty of being dressed in pajamas into a celebratory occasion, this book should win the highest of awards. The rhythm and rhyme is exquisite not to mention the deeper message of Pajama Equality woven into the pages. No matter if I am in fuzzy, stripy, new or ugly pajamas, the artistic structure of this bedtime classic makes me feel as if I'm dressed in the most magical and festive attire.
Sara
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: grey-baby
Cute night time book.
Mikal O'Boyle
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I now know the words to Pajama Time by heart, and my children stop their tantrums when I begin to recite/sing it from memory. I think that is enough of a review for this fabulous little book!
One more, please!
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What I love and I think my kids love about Boynton's children's books are the illustrations and simple story that accompanies it. The illustrations usually include a variety of cute, easy-to-identify animals that are being silly.
Kathleen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
The short book for our infant nighttime routine. We don't usually finish it, but Pajama Time lends itself to a calm, relaxing, adult voice to set the bedtime mood. Certainly easy to read over and over, and with no real story, there isn't a plot for me to tire of. I expect in the next few months the two of us will start enjoying the pictures even more. Great baby shower gift.
Alexandria
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-toddler, kidlit
An adorable bedtime board book that can either be read as plain text or in a rhythmic fashion. The pajamas are described using colors, as being old or new, and even as being ugly. Seeing the different animals in their pajamas is adorable and funny. It is even cuter to see the bear in the story reading the Pajama Time book .
Mike Zodda
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. Flawless. A true masterpiece. You'll laugh, you'll smile, you'll dance. One of the highest achievements of western civilization. There truly are not enough stars to properly rate this book.
Bess Posada
Dec 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mom's with Little Ones
Love, love, love Sandra Boynton. Fun prose with a few rhymes every now and then. Quirky illustrations with reccuring characters that are silly and whimsical. Great for bedtime reading :).

My 10 month old has loved all of her books since 4 months!
Cassie
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a very cute book, but a dance party right before bed is a terrible idea.
Jennifer Baker
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Payton loves this book, especially the cut out cover. The song is catchy, cute & original
Leah
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
The cadence seems very awkward to me.
Laura McLoughlin
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Barnyard Dance, but can't go wrong with Sandra Boynton!
Jem
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it
My mom reads this to me all the time. The book's okay, but the best part is laughing at mom because she's way more into it than I am. Silly mom.
Julia
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-kids
Pajammy to the left! Pajammy to the right! (Jamma jamma jamma jamma P! J!)
Cosette
Great. I'm gonna have that song in my head all night...
Alyssa
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-aloud
Pajama Time! By Sandra Boynton
Pajama Time tells the story of friends who are ready to be cuddled into bed in their pajamas. But, pajamas come in all types and colors. Whatever pajamas you own, you are ready to pajammy! This book is so fun to do with children. With fun rhymes and dance moves, this interactive story is fun for all classrooms and slumber parties. I chose this book as my read aloud because of the funny words and it is not only fun for children to listen to, but also fun for me to re
Mikayla Doran
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-4, picture-books
Pajama Time is a book written for young kids, ranging from 2-5 approximately. It is a board book so kids are able to turn the pages themselves. The book is about getting ready for bed and the different types of pajamas, and singing a pajama song to bed.
Little
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
We did not have the accompanying music to this book, and thus, it was not as good as it could be. I would choose The Going to Bed Book over this one, but perhaps it is because we are lacking the full experience of Pajama Time!
Ben
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 2-year old would surely put this in his Top 10 if he could express it that way. His favorite one is “Some are the ugliest you’ve ever seen!”, probably because I also say it in a funny, nasally voice. Hard to go wrong with Sandra Boynton’s books.
Ashley Frickson
A goodnight book with silly illustrations such as a chicken playing jump-rope and an elephant in fuzzy pajamas. In the end, all the animals wearing pajama were tucked into bed.
I think it's a little too upbeat for a bedtime story but it's silly and my son loves it.
Tori
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
I don't think this is one of Boynton's strongest books, but it's cute.
Chris Charette
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you add a rhythm and a beat, it's a lot more fun to read. It's Pajama Time!
Caitlinleah
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
I loved it. Toddler had zero interest.
Marissa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super fun! Changes in rhythm, volume, and fun adjectives that teach about patterns. A little like sprechstimme. :) Still fun to read out loud the 30th time (in a row).
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This is way too cute and fun! And it is so easy to get into when you are reading it to a little.

Okay...I kind of sang it more than I read it. It was just so much fun!
Katharine Coggeshall
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boynton is my favorite children's author and this is a perfect example. This book is so fun, funny, and perfect for any time of day. My kids always laugh when I read this.
Amy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: _rylee
After reading this book Rylee spent a long time looking at the pages and doing her surprise happy face!
Mairead
A favorite bed-time read -- A is obsessed with the lion (from the FIRST READ), as well as the dancing page, "kakas", and the cut-out on the front cover.
Brittany
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book has been apart of our lives for a better part of 2 years. all of children enjoy this book. I must admit I know every word in this story and now can receive it on cue.
  • That's Not My Dinosaur
  • Everywhere Babies
  • Quiet Loud
  • Gossie
  • I Love You Through and Through
  • B Is for Bear: A Very First Book for the Baby You Love
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Trains Go
  • Tumble Bumble
  • Roadwork
  • Little Gorilla
  • How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
  • Daddy Kisses
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more