Start by marking “Pajama Time!” as Want to Read:
Pajama Time!

Pajama Time!

Pajama Time! is a good-night book with the irrepressible language, the inimitable illustrations, the irresistible cast of characters only Sandra Boynton could create.

A jump-roping chicken and a pig on a swing. A Scottie in plaid pajamas and an elephant in a fuzzy one-piece with feet. And in sing-along nuttiness reminiscent of Barnyard Dance!, it's time to head to bed-to t
Board Book, 24 pages
Published April 1st 2000 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Pajama Time!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pajama Time!

Start your review of Pajama Time!
Ellary
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For having the power to turn the travesty of being dressed in pajamas into a celebratory occasion, this book should win the highest of awards. The rhythm and rhyme is exquisite not to mention the deeper message of Pajama Equality woven into the pages. No matter if I am in fuzzy, stripy, new or ugly pajamas, the artistic structure of this bedtime classic makes me feel as if I'm dressed in the most magical and festive attire.
Nancy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my favourite books of the year!! Anyone who loves pyjamas will LOVE Pajama Time. 😄🎉
Sara
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: grey-baby
Cute night time book.
Mikal O'Boyle
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I now know the words to Pajama Time by heart, and my children stop their tantrums when I begin to recite/sing it from memory. I think that is enough of a review for this fabulous little book!
COMPLETELY_BOOKISH
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Does anyone remember this book? Or is it just me. The nostalgia is coming BACK.
One more, please!
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What I love and I think my kids love about Boynton's children's books are the illustrations and simple story that accompanies it. The illustrations usually include a variety of cute, easy-to-identify animals that are being silly.
Grace
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Look, if you write a line that goes like "Pull on the bottoms/put on the top./ Get yourself set to pajama-dee-bop- it's Pajama Time!" I have some words for you.

1. how dare you force me to read in anything but a high pitched monotone. This is a kids' book about bedtime not a damn bee bop.

2. WHY WOULD YOU NOT SAY PAJAMA-O'CLOCK?? it rhymes! It's the correct number of syllables! IT MAKES SENSE.

3. This is entirely too upbeat when I'm trying to make my kid "Go the F*ck to Sleep"

That said my child lo
Shauna
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book about getting ready for bed. The board pages have bright illustrations of animals in various pajamas. I’m sure my grandkids will love this.
Kathleen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The short book for our infant nighttime routine. We don't usually finish it, but Pajama Time lends itself to a calm, relaxing, adult voice to set the bedtime mood. Certainly easy to read over and over, and with no real story, there isn't a plot for me to tire of. I expect in the next few months the two of us will start enjoying the pictures even more. Great baby shower gift.
Alexandria
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-toddler, kidlit
An adorable bedtime board book that can either be read as plain text or in a rhythmic fashion. The pajamas are described using colors, as being old or new, and even as being ugly. Seeing the different animals in their pajamas is adorable and funny. It is even cuter to see the bear in the story reading the Pajama Time book .
Polly
Perfect for a daytime storytime with a nighttime theme; more energetic than anything I would choose for an actual bedtime book, but great if you're an adult doing story time at 10:30am who didn't get much sleep last night!
Very much loved at Virtual Storytime, but I think that may have been my dancing!
Bess Posada
Dec 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mom's with Little Ones
Love, love, love Sandra Boynton. Fun prose with a few rhymes every now and then. Quirky illustrations with reccuring characters that are silly and whimsical. Great for bedtime reading :).

My 10 month old has loved all of her books since 4 months!
Mike Zodda
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. Flawless. A true masterpiece. You'll laugh, you'll smile, you'll dance. One of the highest achievements of western civilization. There truly are not enough stars to properly rate this book.
Jem
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it
My mom reads this to me all the time. The book's okay, but the best part is laughing at mom because she's way more into it than I am. Silly mom.
Jennifer Baker
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Payton loves this book, especially the cut out cover. The song is catchy, cute & original ...more
Laura McLoughlin
Not as good as Barnyard Dance, but can't go wrong with Sandra Boynton!
Leah
Mar 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
The cadence seems very awkward to me.
Cassie
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a very cute book, but a dance party right before bed is a terrible idea.
Julia
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-kids
Pajammy to the left! Pajammy to the right! (Jamma jamma jamma jamma P! J!)
Cosette
Great. I'm gonna have that song in my head all night...
Alyssa
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-aloud
Pajama Time! By Sandra Boynton
Pajama Time tells the story of friends who are ready to be cuddled into bed in their pajamas. But, pajamas come in all types and colors. Whatever pajamas you own, you are ready to pajammy! This book is so fun to do with children. With fun rhymes and dance moves, this interactive story is fun for all classrooms and slumber parties. I chose this book as my read aloud because of the funny words and it is not only fun for children to listen to, but also fun for me to re
Arpita (world of a book enthusiast)
One of my favorite books for children. The author has written many such marvelous books. I and my kids have read this book for the nth time and still, it manages to bring a smile and laughter on our faces. This book was published in the year 2000 and for almost two decades it is managing to bring joy and laughter to the children. The rhythm and rhyme are exquisite and the illustrations are lovely. My favorite part of the book:
Pajammy to the left.
Pajammy to the right. (Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma P!
Julia Smith
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The jazziest and peppiest of our three bedtime books. (We sometimes leave it out of the rotation when we need to hurry things up, but it's reserved for bedtime only.)

I change the line "some are the ugliest you've ever seen" to "some are the FANCIEST you've ever seen," because who am I to yuck that hippo's yum?
Ashley Frickson
A goodnight book with silly illustrations such as a chicken playing jump-rope and an elephant in fuzzy pajamas. In the end, all the animals wearing pajama were tucked into bed.
I think it's a little too upbeat for a bedtime story but it's silly and my son loves it.
Ben
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 2-year old would surely put this in his Top 10 if he could express it that way. His favorite one is “Some are the ugliest you’ve ever seen!”, probably because I also say it in a funny, nasally voice. Hard to go wrong with Sandra Boynton’s books.
Little
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
We did not have the accompanying music to this book, and thus, it was not as good as it could be. I would choose The Going to Bed Book over this one, but perhaps it is because we are lacking the full experience of Pajama Time!
Lil Old Bookworm
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore Sandra Boynton. Her stories are funny, the drawings are charming and adorable, and I always know when I pick up one of her books, both my daughter and I are going to enjoy it. This is a fun book perfect for bedtime.
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This is way too cute and fun! And it is so easy to get into when you are reading it to a little.

Okay...I kind of sang it more than I read it. It was just so much fun!
Katharine Coggeshall
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boynton is my favorite children's author and this is a perfect example. This book is so fun, funny, and perfect for any time of day. My kids always laugh when I read this.
Raine Feiertag
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun to sing.

• I Love You Through and Through
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Ten Apples Up On Top!
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb
  • Ten Little Ladybugs
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • Are You My Mother?
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
  • First 100 Words
  • From Head to Toe
  • Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
  • Potty
  • Little Blue Truck
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama
  • The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more