Start by marking “Sold Into Freedom (Planting Faith, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sold Into Freedom (Planting Faith, #1)

Sold Into Freedom

(Planting Faith #1)

Taught to hear messages from the goddess from a young age, Elantia’s life is shattered when she is captured from her home in southwest Britannia and sold as a slave in Macedonia. She wants nothing more than to escape and return home—after she kills the man who took the only good thing left in her life.

Tossed aside by the Empire, wounded tribune Quintus Valerius ends up in
Expected publication: December 12th 2019 by Four Diamonds Publishing (first published December 12th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Sold Into Freedom, please sign up.
Carole Towriss You can leave a review here and/or on Amazon. Thanks!

Phyllis
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elantia sought revenge. After watching the destruction of her village and the murder of her family, and being sold as a slave, she was probably justified in thinking that way. At least by the standards of the world. Being as beautiful as she is, the one thing that protects her from the evil desires of her master is the thought that she needs to remain pure to be able to use her “gift”.

I love the way that author Carole Towriss writes such well-researched Biblical fiction and takes a few chapters
Robyn Seitzler
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In my years of Bible study never once have I considered the life of the servant girl freed by Paul from demons which made her a seer. Never did I stop to ponder the life of the Philippian jailer. Carole Towriss has changed the way I see “minor” characters in Scripture now. Sold into Freedom is a riveting novel that entertained me with a great story full of deep characters, and challenged me to look closer, dig deeper, as I study. I heartily recommend this book!
Monica
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read about Paul’s time in Philippi. Two characters who are touched upon in scripture are the main characters in this novel-the jailer and the prophetess. Their back stories help bring the story to life. Definitely recommend.
Lisa
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carole Towriss has done it again! She's taken a short story from the Bible and turned it into a well-written novel. She weaves the Scripture in seamlessly. There is a great romance in the book. The plot has twists and turns and moves along at a good pace. The setting is Philippi, a Roman city in what is now northern Greece. The novel takes place during the time of Paul's missionary journeys. I highly recommend this book. I received an ARC. I chose to write a review and share my opinion of this e ...more
MJSH
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Carole Towriss that I have read and she has gained another fan. The author brings the world of Philippi to life in vivid color as the story, based loosely on the slave woman who becomes freed from an evil spirit and the jailer whose entire household becomes baptized during Paul and Silas’ imprisonment, unfolds with great detail, intricately woven plot, and wonderfully memorable characters. If you enjoy Biblical fiction, you will definitely love this book.

Tia, a Brittan
Jasmine
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical fiction fans, Biblical fiction fans
Faith springs up in the most unlikely places...

Carole Towriss is a name that I kept hearing in Biblical fiction reading circles but up until now I hadn't read any of her books. After reading a recommendation from another Biblical fiction author that I trust, I decided to check her books out. It isn't often that I choose a book based on recommendations, the cover, or title, but Sold Into Freedom turned out to be a 'D: All The Above' type thing.

I only read part of the blurb for this book so I rea
Kaye
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ONE FASINATING READ!
WOW! Man, talk about walking a tight rope. A whirlwind of emotions and events really pulls those heartstrings. A remarkable and spiritual tale that takes you back to ground zero. Carole wields her words as skillfully and precise as a surgeon with his scalpel. If you're looking for an action packed, fast paced, nerve racking, heart pounding, pulse racing, page turning wonder that's as riveting as it is captivating. Congrats my friends you've found it. All the drama, pain, suf
Nancy Ale
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elantia (Tia) has her life changed drastically when her parents are murdered and she is captured by Roman slave traders. Her ability to “see the future” makes her valuable to her owners. Paul, visiting Philippi, sees her telling fortunes and cast out the evil spirit. This puts Tia’s life in danger as she can no longer earn money for her owners. She runs away and is welcomed into the home of Christians. Tia meets Quin, a retired Roman soldier, and they both learn about our Savior from Paul, Silas ...more
Emock
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
What a neat perspective to investigate the prophetic woman Paul encounters in Philippi, as well as the guard who was saved in the jail.
The story started off very solid and I enjoyed glimpses of Roman culture. I appreciated that so often we romanticize the Romans, but that this book also depicts that life back then was also cruel, political, and had plenty of hardship.
I'm a girl for romance, so of course I looked forward to seeing how things would develop. Unfortunately, the romance seemed like
Paulette
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be brutally honest, when I first started reading this book immediately it grabbed my attention, as Paul is my favorite Apostle. I figured this has to be a good read even though it is Biblical fictional to a big degree, most people know about Paul’s converting after Christ revealed himself to him, any way....This story has added twists and turns that surprised me. There was a portion where my mind wandered and I put the book down, I believe it was military. But the next time I picked it up wit ...more
Audrey
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew as soon I started reading this that I wasn't going to be disappointed. This is a delightful story of Tia, a slave girl originally from Brittania. She was purchased in Philippi to tell fortunes. One day Paulos and Silas cast the evil spirit out of her. When Tia's owners find out they are infuriated and have Paulos and Silas and cast into jail. Quintus, the jailer is in despair when an earthquake struck and is worried that the prisoners may have escaped which would have cost him his own lif ...more
Brenda
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Biblical Fiction and it’s a great one. A very emotional story that will have you on the edge of your seat sometimes. Even though I have read the Bible story, the author makes this story come alive. Heartbreaking in places but the twist and turns of the story will keep you reading late into the night if you start this story in the evening. This is my first book by this author but I definitely want to read more.
I received this book from the author but was not required to write a positive
Amy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sold Into Freedom is the first book from Carole Towriss's Planting Faith series. It is, also, my first introduction to her work. I thought the story was well written and really good. I would love to find out what happens next in the series. I give this one four and a half stars.
I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Sandy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Christian story is written so beautifully you will believe you are there and experiencing all that the characters are. It is well research and the author has done an excellent job bringing together a work of fiction and bible scriptures. Forgiveness is the theme for destruction, murder, and for being held as a slave. This is a book that I highly recommend. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Reba
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Inspiring

The story of Paul and Silas in Phillipia, their imprisonment, their release from their chains in prison, and the belief of the leader of the guard...and so much more. The tale is woven smartly. Quite entertaining with the exception of errors in the writing, ie., wrong words, missing words, etc.
D'anah
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Love her work. She does it do well, you feel like you are right there, living it. The characters, the situations, the interactions - all seem so real. And always a great and encouraging ending. Well done, again.
Martha
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story, even though some of the graphic mentions of violence hit me where it hurt a bit. It was accurate to the time period though and I found the story with Lydia, Paul, Luke, Silas and others so fascinating from this point of view. Well done.
Elizabeth Jones
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that brings the Bible to life.
JMBooher
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a book

I adore the characters, biblical, historical and characters made up. The way Ms. Tourists putting everything together was special. Thank you.
Chris Clark
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Carole Towriss brings these stories alive and so real. Loved reading about customs and social gathering from this time!
Julie
Sherry Frye
Feb 08, 2019
Jess Eischens
Jan 25, 2019
Carole Towriss and her husband live just north of Washington, DC. In between making tacos and telling her four children to pick up their shoes for the third time, she writes, watches chick flicks, and waits for summertime to return to the beach.