Start by marking “Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)

Forgotten Ghosts

(Vesik #8)

A necromancer's fear. A family's fate. An ancient spirit with a new alliance.

I shouldn't have told myself things couldn't get any worse. They did.

As Nixie struggles to unite the water witches, the Fae king discovers a spy in his ranks. We're forced to split our focus and our powers between the unrest in Faerie and the rising tensions in Falias. When Nudd's latest gambit
Published November 13th 2018

Start your review of Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
Soo
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:
Great narration by William Dufris (Last Vesik audiobook by WD.)
Usually, the Vesik books have a completed mini-arc in each book. Not this time. I'm very annoyed by the fact that it stops in the middle of a scene and the following books are short novellas. New narrator does not sound that great and I'm not a fan of chopped up story arcs. The series is going to the bottom of my TBR.
Lisa
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher has done it again! Fabulous story! A definite read and re read! If you love a great story, vampires and a page turning plot this is the book for you! Don’t take my word for it grab a copy now!
Tanya
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things cannot get worse he thought well they did. He should have kept those thoughts even entering his mind. How worse are they going to get? What will happen to them? Follow their adventures
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Lisa
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Highly recommend! Great plot, great characters! I love vampires and witches and the paranormal. Great book!
Susan
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Ghosts is the eighth book in the Vesik series. I do not recommend you reading this as a standalone, as each book's story builds on the ones before it. There is a lot of violence. The war between the groups continues to escalate. Can Damien and his group succeed in stopping the onslaught of humans and other supernaturals? And are some of their allies really on their side or will they turn on them at the last minute? So many questions but another amazing book in this series. I just wish ...more
Maya Barbery
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eric Asher does it again!!!!! I couldn't put the book down! the character interaction as always is on point. they make you fel like you are with friends and well my friends are actually THAT Sarcastic to each other. (maybe it's just me).

We see a lot of tie ins to some lose branches in prior books. there is also some crazy plot twists that left me wide eyed!!

Vesik is one f my favorite book characters. He is that perfectly flawed lead male that endears you and you agree that he does the right thi
Mel
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forgotten Ghosts

Amazing, I couldn't put it down. I have been waiting for this book in this series.
And WOW! Everyone get no very serious, because Nudd has gone mad, Earth is on the line to get blown away and as always, Damian will not let that happen, he will do anything in his power to make it safe again, special for Sam and the little girl Vicky.

But something has happened after Damian killed Herrn, something terrible has happened, he has no control, and his power is unlike anything else and ve
Brad
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is the eighth in the series, so if you've gotten this far you know pretty much what you're getting into. I wavered between it was okay and I liked it.

The first three quarters were mostly spent traveling via magical means to various locations we'd previously visited, to talk to characters we'd mostly met, about things that had happened earlier, either in or out of view. It picked up a bit after that, but honestly I can't recommend reading this book until the next comes out. Even then, I may
Ginelle Blanch
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These poor characters! They can never catch a break. War, always war for them. But, waiting for the day that will see them happy and peaceful will surely be the end of an epic series!

I love how this... family, that's what they are, comes together to fight for the good of EVERYONE. It makes things very emotional. We've been through a lot with these characters and they really feel like friends. So much danger, enemies left and right.

Surprising. This book will, for sure, leave you looking forward
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story! Saving people and saving the world comes along quite a bit sometimes. Vesik and friends are fighting to save several people. As Nudd tries to do what he does best which is take over everything he is creating a severe situation where the different countries are ready to start a war. There are so many plot twists, new allies and threats that you will be thinking a lot as you read this book.
Surprises are plenty but the ending will be the biggest. Vesik is in trouble and the questi
Bob Michaels
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
taking wht is not his

Judd has gone too far. first he's stealing a far family and has decided to execute them, then he steals the world's arsenal of nuclear weapons. all of them. Veil and his friends are in a desperate search to find both before anything can happen. anything worse. what could be worse? Damien.

fun chance to run through the ancient city. and i honestly feel like i'm there, the descriptions are so real. the emotions are so real, so entangling. I want to comfort everyone and bring ev
Brandy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-review
As always, I am simply blown away with this newest addition to the Vesik series. The action is crazy and exciting, the twists propel the story onward, and the story itself is beyond engaging and addictive! I never go wrong with an Eric Asher book, and Forgotten Ghosts has certainly not disappointed. Bring on the next one!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher.
Ryan
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asher just keeps going. It takes great world building for me to make it past the 3rd or 4th book in a series because there are just so many other books out there to read about new and different worlds but Asher always hooks me in. Once I start reading I'm up for the rest of that night. The latest Vesik installment was no different. I always end up dragging myself in to work the next day hoping I can stay awake.
Lisa Guertin
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger

I absolutely love this series and have binged all eight books. The character development and world building are so impressive. Warning, this book does end on a cliffhanger so don’t throw your book or e-reader across the room. Just be patient and wait for the novella this coming summer.
Neal Fryling
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
How could you end the story halfway through a battle?

I don't normally leave reviews. I've enjoyed this series, and I mostly ignored small plot holes and spelling/grammar mistakes... But why would you end the book halfway through a fight? That's.... Insane.
Traci
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Didn't see that coming

Wow. There is so much going on in this book. I may need to read it again to make sure I got it all. The plot twist took me a bit by surprise and if I see Mr. Asher my comment will be: That's where you ended it!? Can't wait for the next book!
c. woods
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why are you still reading my reviews! Go buy the book!

Seriously, Eric R. Asher can do no wrong! Go throw your money at him & devour his books like I do, then be sad when you have to wait for more!
Heather McLeod
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Cliffhanger, NOOOOO. Love this series so much. Vicky really has grown up. Love Damian and Sam's banter. Their relationship is seriously a goal to have with siblings.
Jackie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story as always. Action enough to keep you intrigued until the end and you wish there was more.
Bryan
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Hate cliffhangers

Unfinished. I love these books but his is garbage. Finish the story and do not play games. Makes this annoying.
Mist Willingham
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keeps getting better

Every book in this series is even better than its predecessors. If you enjoy urban fantasy, get ready to be blown away by Vesik and his crazy group of friends!
Lavita Mahan
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never a dull moment

Read this series, you will never regret it. I can easily see this becoming a movie series. This book is 🔥.
Ellis Pinkerton
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH!
James Learman
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
good book .... it had been so long since id read the series, it was tough to remember a few of the characters, but cliff hanger ending
Christina Knisley
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good read.

I just finished book 8 and can't wait for the next one. I am totally hooked on this series. I would highly recommend.
Mary Thompson
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling and captivating

I look forward to the next installment. I'm brushing up on my Latin and fey with anticipation. Well done again .
Jasmine Breeden
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The battle has begun in earnest

So much has gone on in this book. In trying to save everyone, has Damien doomed them all? We'll find out soon
David J
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A solid book, not as frenetic as the previous book, but still good action. Damian in truble again. This book is only held down by the cliffhanger finish.
Eric Evans
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is absolutely fabulous cliffhanger.

• Anghellic (Feathers and Fire #8)
  • Carnage (The Temple Chronicles #14)
  • Legend (The Temple Chronicles, #11)
  • Bullets & Blades (Montague & Strong Case Files #7)
  • Hurricane (The Phantom Queen Diaries #9)
  • Brimstone Kiss (The Phantom Queen Diaries #10)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Montague & Strong Case Files #8)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • Ascension (Nate Temple Chronicles #13)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Witches Brew (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #6)
  • Hellhound Blues: A Brew & Chew Adventure
  • Salty Dog (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #7)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)