Start by marking “The Cowboy and His Baby” as Want to Read:

The Cowboy and His Baby

From New York Times bestseller Jessica Clare comes a contemporary Western romance about a cowboy who is in for the ride of his life...

Mass Market Paperback
Published May 7th 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy and His Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy and His Baby

Robin Loves Reading
It was supposed to be a fling as far as Annie was concerned. However, she walked away pregnant. Furthermore, she has no intention of letting Dustin, a ranch hand with an ungainly reputation know. She is determined to get back to work as an animal trainer, including all the traveling to the various movie sets she works on. Yes, life will go on and she will be a good mother.

Dustin let his guard down as far as Annie was concerned. Always a man who loved to flirt, he always held back. But with Annie
Kelsie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ftr-read
The Cowboy and His Baby is a contemporary western romance by Jessica Clare. Jessica Clare is a pen name for romance author Jill Myles. I’ve not previously read any of the author’s books under either name, but I found this novel to be very enjoyable.

Annie is a dog trainer working on a movie set when she meets local cowboy, Dustin. The two begin a lighthearted romance that turns complicated when Annie finds herself unexpectedly pregnant. Dustin and Annie have some heavy thinking to do, but the ov
Mara
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned, arc
3. 5 Stars - I was charmed by the characters in this one, and as always, I'm an absolute sucker for Jessica Clare's authorial voice. The trope combo wasn't my favorite (cowboy + surprise baby), but overall, an enjoyable read
Becca
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked Dustin and Annie.

The two of them are as opposite as can be, but both are smitten with each other from the start making this a read full of flirty fun.

Dustin never saw Annie coming and Annie never saw herself falling in love with a cowboy, but being transplanted into Wyoming for a movie shoot, Annie crosses paths with the handsome cowboy and enjoys a flirty night of batter. So when she finds herself in a pickle the next day, needing a ride, she decides to throw all caution to the
Shelleen Toland
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-read
Dustin works on the ranch and has a ladies' man reputation. Then he meets a woman who he can't get out of his head.
Annie is an animal trainer and trains dogs for movies. She meets Dustin and the romance starts. By the time she ends up leaving Wyoming to go back home she is pregnant but doesn't know it. She doesn't tell Dustin until a few months later. She wants him to be with her because he loves her not because of the baby. Also his plan don't include a woman and a child. I really liked these 2
OpenBookSociety.com
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: caro

By Jessica Clare
ISBN: 9781984803986
Author’s Website: jillmyles(.)com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Caro

Synopsis:

Dustin is a ranch hand with a reputation around town as a ladies’ man. He loves flirting and the thrill of the chase. When he tilts his cowboy hat just so, no one can resist his charms. It’s all fun and games for Dustin until he meets a woman who sparks real feelings in him, and he’s blindsided by love.

Annie is an animal tr
Kristin
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The Cowboy and His Baby is the story about a cowboy who has been wandering between farms as a ranch-hand for the last decade, and an animal trainer who's in town working on a movie set. Annie has no plans to hook up with any of the locals but when Dustin catches her eye, she decides to spend some time with him. This story is definitely a slow-burn romance. Half of the story is of the two getting to know each other and hang out while Annie is in town. It isn't until halfway through that the baby ...more
Kathy
3.5 stars.
The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare is a lovely contemporary Western romance.

Hollywood animal trainer Annie Grissom is not looking for love while on location Wyoming. She is a bit frustrated with her current project so she joins a friend in blowing off a bit of steam in the local bar.  Her first impression of cowboy Dustin Worthington is not exactly favorable but another chance meeting changes her mind.  Over the next few weeks, Annie grows closer to Dustin but she is quick to jum
Rough Draft Book Blog
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare
Dustin & Annie
ADORABLE AND FUNNY
4 Stars

What an adorable and completely comical Tale of two worlds colliding. I've read my fair share of Jessica Clare books and this one was pretty good!

Dustin is the cowboy or I guess the Rancher. At first he kind of seems like a drifter, but getting to know him better throughout the story proves otherwise.... and, well, he's pretty damn hot!!

Annie is a dog trainer or I guess an animal trainer and she's in Painted Barre
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an enjoyable, addictive read! Jessica Clare absolutely nailed the chemistry and story between Dustin and Annie in The Cowboy and His Baby—so much so, I found this one difficult to put down.

With excellent writing and two likable leads, it’s very easy to fall in love here. The pacing is spot-on, the tension on point, and the sweetness level way up—I mean, a baby, some dogs AND a dreamy cowboy?! Ugh. Book crack.

I have zero complaints about this one—it came along at the right time for me and
Once Upon
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dustin has dreams he doesn’t want to sit still and not see the world, he dreams of buying a boat in Florida. He is currently a ranch hand which he likes but he is so afraid to turn into his dad just working because he became a family man before he was ready.
Annie is the dog trainer on the set of the movie in town and when her co workers talk her into going to the only bar in town she goes but she is miserable. When a tall sexy cowboy makes conversation with her she is looking for the camera beca
anna
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboy and His Baby was a fun read and would be an especially nice snuggle with a cup of tea. Both Annie and Dustin were the warm typical people you would have expected with this this title and Jessica Clare did it well. Nothing like a twist to add some drama and self awareness to a great group of people. Thank you first to read for this ARC.
Olga Zelenova
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a giant sucker for dogs, handsome men, and babies, so this book checked all the right boxes! Annie really needs to learn to communicate, but that’s my only complaint. Galley received from First to Read.
Diane McConnell
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dustin and Annie!

Animal trainer Annie Grissom was frustrated with the director of the movie she was doing in Painted Barrel, Wyoming because he was trying to change the stunts that her dog, Spidey had been trained for. Annie went to the local bar with some of her co-workers from the movie when she met local cowboy Dustin Worthington but they didn’t hit it off right away.

Annie needed to find the next dog to train for her next movie and she asked Dustin to give her ride and when the dog she rescue
Jacqueline Francis
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was hard to separate these books from Jessica Clare's billionaire books that I love so much!

This was cute story with lovable characters. If you like animals and pets, you will really love this book!

I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Becky S
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Before reading, I needed to clear my head of all expectations for the book. This isn't like her other series with billionaires or even the Bluebonnet series. While I miss the feel of more outside characters being involved in the story line that I'm used to, this was good. The female is different than most leads that the cowboy hunks fall for, and I think that's maybe what pulled me in. Quick read, finished in a few hours so easy to pick up and g
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dustin enjoys teasing his woman, “I guess we’re done talking about dogs.” Dustin sounded amused . His hand went to her waist and he hooked a finger in her belt loop and pulled her against him. “You’re rather easy to distract, sweetheart.” Annie sometimes has to spell it out for her man, “I want to have ***,” Annie blurted. “Like we did before. But only if you want to.” I liked this book, I fell in love with Dustin.
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
This book was a little bit like a bad Hallmark movie for me, not a regular Hallmark movie (which, I happen to enjoy), but one that has all the right elements but just falls flat. The premise of a playboy cowboy and a movie dog trainer was giving me all the right feels at the beginning of the book. Based on the title and synopsis, I figured there would be an instant attraction and then the story would be two characters trying to navigate a new relationship and the complication of a pregnancy. Tha ...more
Sandy S
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 7, 2019

Dustin is a ranch hand with a reputation around town as a ladies' man. He loves flirting and the thrill of the chase. When he tilts his cowboy hat just so, no one can resist his charms. It's all fun and games for Dustin until he meets a woman who sparks real feelings in him, and he's blindsided by love.

Annie is an animal trainer working on set for a film. Other than her furry, canine coworkers, she hasn't connected with the rest of the crew wor
Wendy
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: feel-good
Since I had read the Billionaire Boys Club series of Jessica Clare, I was curious to see how she would fare with cowboys. What I liked about the Billionaire Boys was that they all had a very clear character. With Annie... not so much. She is the proverbial 'grey mouse' who doesn't want to stand out. She is a dog trainer on movie sets. Since her whole family is working in the film industry, she ended up there. Her mother, Kitty, is an absolute hilarious Hollywood wannabe, who takes on all kinds o ...more
Linda Rea
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yvonne
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Annie comes from a family that has worked in the Hollywood scene so she kind of fell into that roll as well but in a different way. Annie is a dog trainer in the movie industry. She ends up in Wyoming for a long movie. There she meets Dustin a Ranch hand when out with other people from the movie set. Dustin is a ladies man and even talks about his not wanting to settle down and purposely doesn't give many woman any chance to think that there is something more than there is. Annie asks Dustin to ...more
Alicia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading something from this author. And I found myself liking it very much. This book was a quick read but I had a little a hard time focusing on the story at the beginning. Maybe that was just me. Either way, this story focused on Dustin and Annie and their cute love story.
He originally goes up to her, to buy her a drink on his friend but she's not having any of it. And that piques his interest. He spends time with her and they slowly start to fall each other.

There were
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
The story started off great and had real promise, but throughout the story I found myself disliking the main characters, especially Annie. Her personality went in the complete opposite direction of how I would've liked. I loved how quiet, yet strong she was...but by the end of the story, I just wanted to be done. Dustin and Annie's chemistry were great, but it wavered once she became pregnant. The story line had great potential, and I love all things animals, pregnancy and cowboy, but sadly it j ...more
Margie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the premise for this story. I didn't manage to warm up to the heroine, Annie Grissom. That detracted from my enjoyment of the story. I realized that Annie had some issues that influenced her actions but I still didn't care for her. Overall though the story is well-written with many likeable characters, besides Annie. I have read other stories by this author and totally enjoyed them. This book just isn't a favorite.
y-bug
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
DNF. I got through 80 percent of this, but the main character Annie was kind of annoying to me. I really liked Dustin; he seemed like a good guy and was willing to do the right thing. I loved all the dogs in this story too. They were adorable :) Overall, this story had some great characters and a cute story, but it wasn't for me.

I received an ARC from First to Read.
Christina Oswald
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading The Cowboy and His Baby. The writing is fantastic and will suck you into the characters emotions. Told in both Dustin and Annie's POV. This standalone romance is witty, romantic, hot, and a page turner. I couldn't put it down.
Reviewed on behalf of Once Upon an Alpha.
Co
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me. The storyline between Dustin and Annie was a short and
sweet story. It was all fun and games that is until Annie ends up with a baby.
Heidi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A local flirt of a cowboy, a quiet Hollywood dog trainer, an accidental pregnancy and a whole bunch of misunderstandings that stand in the way of once-in-a-lifetime love? SIGN ME UP.
Adele
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Underwhelming. Characters weren’t rounded out enough and I didn’t really ‘get’ why they were into each other.
« previous 1 3 next »
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a fe