Start by marking “The Gemini Experiment” as Want to Read:
The Gemini Experiment

The Gemini Experiment

"A dizzying compilation of action scenes and moral quandaries...Pinkerton wields fast pacing and an entertaining, electrifying plot" - Publishers Weekly

In a secret lab, a team of doctors and scientists funded by a mysterious billionaire create the first human replica entirely from technology. The robot is prepared to host the digitized consciousness of Tom Nolan, a family
Published May 30th 2019 by Flame Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about The Gemini Experiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gemini Experiment

Start your review of The Gemini Experiment
Jon Recluse
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Terminally ill Tom Nolan is offered a second chance, and so much more, when he is approached by a privately funded company to become the first human to have his mind downloaded into a perfect android replica.
Sworn to secrecy, unable to even tell his family, he agrees.
But when the first test subject, a convicted felon suffering from cancer and with nothing left to lose goes rogue in Tom's replica, escaping to take his place.....and killing anyone who stands in his way.
Now a fugitive, Tom learns
catherine ♡
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
*Thank you for the publishers for a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

Actual Rating: 3

Wow. I've got lots of mixed feelings about this book. The Gemini Experiment is such a great title for this book; it is about a man, Tom Nolan, who knows that his life is coming to an end. When someone reaches out to him about a possible way to live on, he jumps at the chance. And so, Tom's appearance is copied onto an advanced robot, and the scientists plan to transfer his consciousness into the machin
Yolanda Sfetsos
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a Flame Tree Press ARC I wasn't sure would interest me. But, as soon as I started, I was instantly hooked. I couldn't put it down!

Tom Nolan is ill. His body has given up on him, and will continue to get worse. So when one of his old friends asks if he'd like to take part in a super secret experiment that will help his brain survive and receive a top-notch new body, of course he signs up.

His new body is awesome, a perfect replica. He can't wait to slip into his new skin, and finally
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, where to start with The Gemini Experiment. I just couldn’t predict what would happen next while I was reading it!

Tom Nolan is your average guy with a good heart and happy family life, until he’s struck down with Lowrey’s disease which is a bit like motor neurons disease. He looking at a death sentence until his old friend offers him a chance at eternal life in the form of secret project funded by a mysterious billionaire.

He has his reservations but agrees, his likeness is used to create a p
Kath
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tom is terminally ill with not long to live. Luckily he has a friend with a strange offer which could, if successful, prolong his life by transferring his mind into a synthetic body. Sworn to secrecy even from those he loves, Tom readily takes up the offer. But, as with all new technology, there has to be tests and so first, another man's brain needs to be transferred; someone expendable. Like a prisoner. And yes, you can see what's coming next - and it's no spoiler as it's in the blurb. Add Rus ...more
Amber DuBois
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for my honest opinion.

******WARNING, HERE THERE BE SPOILERS********

There certainly wasn't a lot of down-time in this book. The book starts right in the middle of the experiment, so you catch up on backstory as the main plot is revealed, and it's done really well. I don't feel like I'm actively reading backstory, but that the details put out there fit naturally into the flow of the book. The characters were eventually well flushed out, although that "event
Melhara
3.5/5

This reminded me of two Black Mirror episodes - Be Right Back (with the synthetic recreation of a human being) and Black Museum (with the transfer of the human mind into an inanimate object).

Summary - Tom Nolan is dying. Luckily for him though, there is a top-secret experimental technology that he can try where scientists will scan and download his brain into a perfect Tom Nolan robotic replica. But things don't really go according to plan when they test the technology out on an "expendabl
Lel Budge
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tom Nolan stared into his own eyes. The did not blink.”

Tom had been recently diagnosed with Lowry’s disease, a motor neurone disease and he is aware of the effects this will have on his body….

He is then offered a chance…..to transfer his consciousness into a synthetic clone, which if successful would make him immortal…..given the alternative, he agrees and his body is mapped, the next stage will be brain mapping.

But first the tech needs to be tested, so they offer the same chance to Louis, a lif
John Loyd
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Gemini Experiment (2019) 232 pages by Brian Pinkerton

Tom Nolan has a degenerative disease and has just a couple good years left. His friend offers him a chance to be a test subject. They are first going to test putting a convict's consciousness into a robot body, if that works Tom would be next. Unfortunately Louis escapes with Tom's new shell, goes on a crime spree (attributed to the real Tom), and vanishes. The Russians are working on the same technology and have a mole in the Gemini proje
Andrew Tucker
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Rough Cut so I was very happy to get an ARC for this book from NetGalley to read more of Pinkertons work.

Based on the synopsis I was expecting a straightforward scifi novel that explored cloning human consciousness, but being true to his style the book takes unexpected turns and blossoms into much more than that.

The plot is very fast paced and I really liked the development of the main characters. Lots of twists and turns with a satisfying ending that resolves things....but stil
January Gray
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. It is fast paced, I'll give it that. This book would translate well over to a television series. Interesting but nothing breath-taking or shocking.
Joe
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tom Nolan is dying. He has a wife and a young daughter, and every reason to live. So when confronted with a chance to be cured of what is killing him, he signs right up. In a futuristic twist, Tom would have his memory implanted into an exact replica of himself. A robotic replica. One that would allow him to essentially live free of all of his ailments.

But, with everything in life, it's not that simple. What Tom thinks will be a simple procedure turns into a cat and mouse game that bounces all
Lou Jacobs
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immortality or a Cure for a terminal illness ... who wouldn't jump at a chance for the "brass ring"
Enter Tom Nolan who finds his body failing him... muscle cramps, stiffness, and now incoordination even while attempting simple tasks. ... like holding a fork or spoon. He's been recently diagnosed with a progressive neurodegenerative disorder known as Lowrey's disease, similar to ALS. Tom and his wife Emily have researched the disease and are left with a feeling of terror and hopelessness.
A long t
Graham
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hello and welcome you all to my stop on the Gemini Experiment blog tour. Arranged by the wonderful Random things tours (Anne)

I’m going to start this off by saying what a read this book is. From start to finish it had me on tender hooks. It had me constantly second guessing but I could never figure this book out. That should be enough for a review right? well that’s me done goodnight haha. I’m only joking I will get on with the review of this amazing book. (i’m a big sci-fi nut)

This book is a Fla
Rachel Bridgeman
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first Flametree science fiction book review, and if they are all like 'The Gemini Experiment', then it absolutely will not be my last!
It starts off at a fast pace which carries you through the trials of Tom Nolan's life, to the gasp inducing last page, like the very best rollercoaster, leaving you feel lightheaded and wobbly footed yet ready to experience it all over again.

In a very human based story, Tom is a man who is dying. He is recruited for a top secret experiment which will re
Lel Budge
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anne-cater
Tom Nolan stared into his own eyes. The did not blink.”

Matt
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm reviewing this for Gingernuts of Horror, so my full review will be up there. But, I thought this was a fun frightening sci-fi story about body swapping and the troubles of meddling in science. I do think it runs into the issue of most body swapping stories in which the people doing the experiment should be smart enough to put in some sort of failsafe so they can trust the person they are talking to.

Despite that little hangup, I think it is a smart action packed story that is a blast to read
Russell James
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The near-future thriller takes you on a twisting, turning ride the way only Brian Pinkerton can. Non-stop suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat and you really feel for the main character. In a few years, all the science fiction elements in this story may likely become science facts. You’ll love this page-turning adventure.
AlexFromIA
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review. I got to be honest this book was a bit rougher for me starting out, but I’m glad I stuck with it.
Part science fiction part crime thriller. This book was a fun and enjoyable read.
Brian Pinkerton
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Is it legal to review my own book?
Jo Smith
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing, exciting, page turning, madness!!
I couldn’t put this down. The basic premise is that the Gemini project is top secret code name for developing replications of peoples bodies, primarily those who have a terminal illness. Not only can they replicate the body, they also plan to transfer the brain. There is much more to this book though, and I found myself saying what the heck?! Out loud.
This book is a bit out there, has many twists and turns, extremely fast paced...... and in my opin
 Reading Reindeer
What drew me in to this near-futuristic thriller was the sci fi and the science: the possibility of creating a replica body--a machine, a robot--and digitizing human consciousness to download into the replica. What a boon for those in ill health, with progressively deteriorating conditions or terminal diseases. And of course, immortality.

What kept me reading falls under the umbrella of the thriller genre: political, espionage, military; and the excellent characterizations. It was easy to identif
Jo Smith
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind blowing, exciting, page turning, madness!!
james sugden

• Real Monsters
  • Gills: A Novel
  • The Baby Auction
  • The Escape Room
  • Existential (Crucible #1)
  • Axis of Evil (Lone Star #1)
  • Slaves to Evil(Dead Man # 11)
  • Midnight Special (Dead Man #12)
  • Beyond Borders (Lone Star #2)
  • I Choose You
  • Lines in the Sand (Lone Star #3)
  • The Death Match (The Dead Man, #13)
  • The Killing Floor(The Dead Man # 15)
  • The Black Death (The Dead Man #14)
Brian Pinkerton is the author of Abducted, Vengeance, Rough Cut, Killer’s Diary, How I Started the Apocalypse, Bender, Anatomy of Evil and The Gemini Experiment. Select titles have also been released as audio books, ebooks and in foreign languages.

Brian’s short stories have appeared in anthologies including Chicago Blues, PULP! and Zombie Zoology. His screenplays have finished in the top 100 of Pr