Start by marking “The Gemini Experiment” as Want to Read:
The Gemini Experiment

The Gemini Experiment

Tom Nolan has just learned he is going to die. The young father is terminally ill and coming to grips with his fate. One day a friend from Tom's past comes forward to recruit him for a privately funded, covert experiment. The goal of the experiment is to achieve immortality through the transfer of a living human's mind and memory to a highly realistic human android replica ...more
Expected publication: May 9th 2019 by Flame Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about The Gemini Experiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gemini Experiment

Yolanda Sfetsos
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a Flame Tree Press ARC I wasn't sure would interest me. But, as soon as I started, I was instantly hooked. I couldn't put it down!

Tom Nolan is ill. His body has given up on him, and will continue to get worse. So when one of his old friends asks if he'd like to take part in a super secret experiment that will help his brain survive and receive a top-notch new body, of course he signs up.

His new body is awesome, a perfect replica. He can't wait to slip into his new skin, and finally
Andrew Tucker
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Rough Cut so I was very happy to get an ARC for this book from NetGalley to read more of Pinkertons work.

Based on the synopsis I was expecting a straightforward scifi novel that explored cloning human consciousness, but being true to his style the book takes unexpected turns and blossoms into much more than that.

The plot is very fast paced and I really liked the development of the main characters. Lots of twists and turns with a satisfying ending that resolves things....but stil
Kath
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tom is terminally ill with not long to live. Luckily he has a friend with a strange offer which could, if successful, prolong his life by transferring his mind into a synthetic body. Sworn to secrecy even from those he loves, Tom readily takes up the offer. But, as with all new technology, there has to be tests and so first, another man's brain needs to be transferred; someone expendable. Like a prisoner. And yes, you can see what's coming next - and it's no spoiler as it's in the blurb. Add Rus ...more
Lou Jacobs
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immortality or a Cure for a terminal illness ... who wouldn't jump at a chance for the "brass ring"
Enter Tom Nolan who finds his body failing him... muscle cramps, stiffness, and now incoordination even while attempting simple tasks. ... like holding a fork or spoon. He's been recently diagnosed with a progressive neurodegenerative disorder known as Lowrey's disease, similar to ALS. Tom and his wife Emily have researched the disease and are left with a feeling of terror and hopelessness.
A long t
Matt
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm reviewing this for Gingernuts of Horror, so my full review will be up there. But, I thought this was a fun frightening sci-fi story about body swapping and the troubles of meddling in science. I do think it runs into the issue of most body swapping stories in which the people doing the experiment should be smart enough to put in some sort of failsafe so they can trust the person they are talking to.

Despite that little hangup, I think it is a smart action packed story that is a blast to read
Jo Smith
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing, exciting, page turning, madness!!
I couldn’t put this down. The basic premise is that the Gemini project is top secret code name for developing replications of peoples bodies, primarily those who have a terminal illness. Not only can they replicate the body, they also plan to transfer the brain. There is much more to this book though, and I found myself saying what the heck?! Out loud.
This book is a bit out there, has many twists and turns, extremely fast paced...... and in my opin
Jo Smith
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind blowing, exciting, page turning, madness!!
Splatter Geist
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is like reading a James Bond novel with slight undertones of Terminator and the international excitement you'll find in a David Baldacci novel, Laced with intrigue and action, The Gemini Experiment has loads of page-turning action and mysteries that'll keep you guessing, and that's only part of the story.
LadyTechie
Angel Hench
Mar 04, 2019
Jane
Jan 23, 2019
Brian Pinkerton is the author of Abducted, Vengeance, Rough Cut, Killer’s Diary, How I Started the Apocalypse, Bender, Anatomy of Evil and Killing the Boss. Select titles have also been released as audio books, ebooks and in foreign languages.

Brian’s short stories have appeared in anthologies including Chicago Blues, PULP! and Zombie Zoology. His screenplays have finished in the top 100 of Project