Start by marking “Fight Back” as Want to Read:
Fight Back

Fight Back

(Kerry Casey #2)

'MARTINA COLE FANS WILL LOVE THIS FAST-PACED THRILLER' SUNDAY MIRROR

Gangster Kerry Casey has fought her way to the top of the Glasgow crime scene. But can she stay there?

Kerry Casey is now a fully-fledged gangland boss. With her business partner Sharon and her wily lawyer Marty at her side, she is busy ridding her organisation of the drug-dealing, people-trafficking scum h
Expected publication: July 16th 2019 by Quercus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fight Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Back

Louise Wilson
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry Casey #2

Kerry Casey is now a fully fledged gangland boss. With her business partner Sharon and her wily lawyer Marty at her side, she is busy ridding her organisation of the drug dealing, people trafficking scum her brother Micky got them involved with. Her dream is to make the Casey's straight. Her plan to turn her organisation around hinges on building a property empire in Spain. But Kerry has some deadly rivals in Glasgow, the Costa del Sol and even further afield. They won't rest unti
michelle
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fight back Is the 2nd book in the Kerry Casey Series. I have not read the first one yet. But I didn’t have to worry as you into the book, you get the picture of some of the things that went on if the first instalment.
Set in Glasgow and the Costas, Kerry is settled in the head of a gangland business that previously her father ran. She is trying to make the criminal business legit with the help of the long-term gang members in Glasgow and her friend Sharon taking charge of the business in the Cos
michelle
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trish at Between My Lines
I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t have given the book cover of Fight Back by Anna Smith a second glance. It does nothing for me. But the gangland Glasgow setting caught my attention, so I decided to jump straight in to book 2 of this series. Great decision, as WOW I flat-out loved this book.

Thanks to Quercus Publishing for giving me for giving me a copy of this book for review consideration. As always, no matter what the source of the book, you get my honest, unbiased opinion.

You don’t need to have rea
Best Crime Books & More
Wohoooo, the second book in this series is now nearly upon us and when I received my proof I literally couldn’t wait to get started. Kerry Casey is back with a bang! The first thing I will say is that unless you have read the first book, this may not be as engaging and you may struggle to work out exactly what role people play. However, having LOVED the first book I was keen to get stuck in. I would recommend reading the first book because a) it’s a fabulous read and b) it will give you a solid ...more
Sharon
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fight Back is the second book in the Kerry Casey series. While you could read it as a standalone, I would highly recommend that you read in order and begin with Blood Feud. Yes, you can read it as a standalone but you will miss out on many of the little connections between characters, the family dynamics and just exactly what led Kerry Casey down the path she is now well and truly following.

From the outset Fight Back is tough, it is brutal and it contains swearing! But hey, it is a story about G
Steph  Sheppard
Fight Back – Anna Smith

If you’re a fan of Kimberley Chambers, Julie Shaw and Kevin Lewis and are happy to take a wander across thee border you’ll enjoy the gangland saga with a Glaswegian attitude and plenty of patter. What I will say is that if you are looking for a psychological thriller this isn’t for you. This is the second book involving Kerry Casey and I personally couldn’t put it down. I feel that to fully appreciate the plot it would be better to read the first book, Blood Feud.

We find
Sandra
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting to get this book and boy i wasn't disapointed it had me gripped from the first page.Kerry Casey is a woman on a mission to take her family business out of the criminal to legit,but she has trouble to face as they new it wouldn't be plane sailing.Anna has written a really gripping,gritty book and i eagerly wait for her next book as things stand.If i could give more than 5* then i would.Thank you Anna Smith.
jeannette allerston
Amazing read

Absolutely brilliant, I did,nt think a character could come close to Rosie Gilmore but Kerry Casey is a force to be reckoned with, I really hope that there is more to follow with kerry,s story , a real rollercoaster of a ride, so many different characters to get to know I highly recommend these books as a must read thank you Anna Smith for all your time and the hard work that went into these book,s , I really need to know more about Kerry Casey so please let there be a follow up 😉 10
Martha Brindley
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Kerry Casey series but can be read as a stand alone. Set in Glasgow and the Costas, Kerry is now the head of a criminal organisation. Her empire is under threat from a Colombian drug overlord who will stop at nothing to take control of Kerry's empire. This is fast paced with so much going on that my head was spinning and I didn't want to put the book down. plenty action with gangsters, drugs and murder. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
Miss Claire mckenzie
Another great book

I have enjoyed everyone of Anna’s books and this one didn’t disappoint. Full of gritty drama and even more gritty char au haters that you’ll be hooked from the first page.
Tammie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fight back

Frankie Martin is still out to take over the Casey empire and he’s siding with the elite Columbian head honcho. There have more money more man power and more balls. The ride for Kerry isn’t going to end well
Ann
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an excellent book. I loved the theme with Kerry & Vince. Some of the chapters were very tense. I could only read a chapter at a time, then have a walk around. Brilliant Anna can't wait to read the next book 😀
Julia Jones
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Well this is having a well deserved 5 star rating from me. Such an amazing book with plenty of twists and turns .
Tracy Robinson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so enjoyed second book in this series so cant wait for book 3
Nicky Mottram
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-lit
Great read ! Looking forward to the next one!!
gaynor rawlings
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Anna Smith just gets better with each book.I love following the story of Kerry Casey plenty of murders and drug dealing to keep you on the edge of your seat.
donna
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloody brilliant. Need the next in this series quick 👍🏻😊
Pam Mc Donnell
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. Highly recommended and cant wait for the follow up.
Gillian
sandra sains
Feb 25, 2019
anne mott
May 19, 2019

Anna Smith is an award-winning journalist who spent a lifetime in daily newspapers, reporting from the frontline all over the world. She has covered conflicts from Somalia to Rwanda to Kosovo, where she witnessed the plight of tragic refugees, genocide and hideous ethnic cleansing. She has also worked on major investigations, unmasking drug dealers and paedophiles, as well as reporting on the Dunb

Kerry Casey (3 books)
  • Blood Feud (Kerry Casey #1)
  • End Game (Kerry Casey #3)
“There was no point in weeping for ever for things that you couldn’t change, things you could not have. It had stood her in good stead all of her life” 0 likes
“The stars shine only in darkness” 0 likes