Start by marking “The Dating Alternative” as Want to Read:

The Dating Alternative

She's not ready to date. He's happy to offer her an alternative.

MAX

Ever since I met the girl I affectionately call Cheese, I've wanted her.

She was dating a buddy when I was single. When she was single, I was living with someone.

So, when I found out she and her fiance called it quits, I was ready to make my move.

Cue the music where the hero gets the girl, right?

Not so fast
Published December 26th 2018 by Jennifer Woodhull

To ask other readers questions about The Dating Alternative, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dating Alternative

Start your review of The Dating Alternative
Floryie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Source : ARC from the author via Inkslinger PR
Date read : January 6,2019
Rating :4/5
Reread factor : 3.5/5

The title is what caught my attention on this one, though the blurb was the usual romance plot. Brie, the heroine was dumped just before her wedding and she decided to try out fling style dating instead of relationships. And that's how the book started.

When I began the book, I thought it was the usual run of the mill romance but as I continued I enjoyed the writing style. It really added char
Hristina
The Dating Alternative is a light and fluffy romance book. It's fast pace, it's nothing too complex, and it has characters that you can't help but like. It's not dense with plot, or drama. It's easy to read, and it's overall a feel good novel.
Personally, I feel like the writing could've been a bit better, and some things could've been further expanded on.
But if you're a fan of the romance genre and are thinking about picking up this book, you won't regret it.

*Copy received through NetGalley
*Rati
shannon✨
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I thoroughly enjoyed this story but it wasn’t 5 stars for me. I found the characters’ thoughts to be quite repetitive. The story wasn’t original per se, but I liked the plot twist. Even though it was quite predictable. The characters were also rather likeable and I might have fallen a bit for Max. What also was a great plus was the humor. This story really made me laugh out loud at some points.
Avidez Literaria
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
“What if I were your alternative?” I raise an eyebrow, and her gaze is still fixed on mine. She doesn’t flinch. Holy shit, is she considering it? Has she maybe even thought about it already?”

Brie was abandoned by her the fiancé just three weeks before the wedding. And after a long time suffering, she's ready to get back with her life. At least that's what her friends think. In fact, a relationship is the last thing she wants in her life right now, everything that happened left her with no confid
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Getting your life back together after your fiancé has dumped you right before your wedding? Easy or not? The Dating Alternative tells the story of Brie, who had her heart broken big time. Luckily there’s Max, who just is what she needs. I love this sweet story.
“I’ve always liked this girl, but since she told me she’s single, I’ve been thinking about her a lot more than usual.”

Brie thought she had it all; a fiancé and a job she liked (well, sort of…). That’s until fiancé-dear decides he wants
Patty
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brie’s fiance` walks out on her three weeks before they are to be married. All to be with a tan goddess. Brie’s whole world crumbles and her self-esteem has taken a huge hit. Six months later, Brie’s friends decide it is time to get back out there.

Max is a ex-lawyer turned bartender. He just could not take the life of a lawyer anymore. So he left his father’s firm and decided to bar tend and save to open his own bar. After he caught his live in girlfriend in an uncompromising position with her
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Dating Alternative by Jennifer Woodhull is a sweet and sexy second chance romance. Sabrina is going through a difficult time in her life. Both professional and personal. Her heart got broken by her would be husband and she is afraid to go for another relationship now. She knew Max, bartender from local bar for a while and they are good friends. Though they felt the chemistry, the timing was never right. Max has his own issues to deal with too. So what would happen? Would they find a way arou ...more
Ree
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an unbelievably lovely, warm and sweet romance.

Max & Brie are perfect together. Their romance embodies what most people fantasize about: crushing on someone from afar, then finding out that they have a chance with said crush.

Max & Brie get together at a time when Brie is facing difficulties on both the professional & personal/romantic fronts. Max realises that he has his work cut out for him and plots to upgrade their current relationship every opportunity he gets. I liked that he laid i
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I loved Sabrina. Her character has gone through so much, but has come out a stronger woman in the end. Max and Sabrina have major chemistry, but as with most things the timing was always off. I loved watching these two become so much more to each other. In the beginning, it was just about getting over and moving on, but evolved into so much more.

I think what I loved most
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
The cover is amazing, the blurb sounded divine. I was really looking forward to reading this one.

But, it just didn't work for me. The characters were much too similar - Brie's fiance left her for another woman 6 months ago. Max caught his fiance cheating on him 7 months ago... While I like them both and wish them all the happiness in the world, their voices are nearly identical and I'm finding myself having to skim back to see who's thoughts I'm privy to at the moment.

While I love the idea for
Pelusa Rivera
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Max he was so sweet and patient! Lord was he patient. Max had met Brie years ago and they were both attracted to each other but the timing was never right for them, one or the other was in a relationship whenever they saw each other but now they were both single and interested. Unfortunately Brie had a difficult breakup her sleezy ex had cheated on her and broke up with her right before her wedding leaving her scared. But, Max also had a similar experience but he was ready to start a new ...more
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
This is my first read from this author and it was quite a good story. I thought I knew where things were going but a twist threw me off the trail completely. It made the book even better in my opinion as it kept me on my toes a little bit.

Brie is an accountant who has not had the best past relationships. Her ex is a doozy and if he acted like that to me he would have gotten more then yelled at, that’s for sure!!

Max is a bartender and has always had a thing for Brie. He tends to keep things clos
Melinda
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Max and Cheese, just their names together sounds perfect in every way. Well in Max's eye it does. The problem is that Cheese aka Sabrina is more than just a friend something he is finding out. The chemistry between them just sizzles the pages and man Max is one hot sexy bartender. Jennifer Woodhull blew me away in this book not only the storyline but showing us that to never give up on meeting the right one. Loved it.

"I received an eBook copy from the publisher for the purpose of an honest revie
Marcie
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
When I read the first two chapters Jennifer put on her website it was absolutely amazing. I was hooked so I got to read more of it when I purchased it and its the kind of story that makes you hopeful I really loved how Max and Brie connected it made the story so full of passion which I loved. This is the kind of stories I love reading. I also read Holiday Temptation which was also a good one. It was so good I read it in one day flat.
Lusie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After being dumped by her fiancé 3 weeks before the wedding, Bree is done with dating. She is looking for an alternative becomes friends with benefits with Max. Before the start you already know this causual relationship isn't going to last long. This wasn't an as cute romance as I was hoping, but still enjoyable. I liked Max and his grandma. Bree annoyed me at times. Overall this was an okay and quick read, but I don't think I'll read something by this author again.
Carole Anderson
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a Sweet Alternative!

Max/Alex is your next book boyfriend for sure! Cheese/Brie (how cute!) is such a Sweetie as well. Together they make for a swoon-worthy and sexy story filled with all the feels, delicious heat and sweet romance. Nana is a cheeky favourite too! Thoroughly enjoyed this fabulous tale!
Monie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In love with Max, he is way up there in the book boyfriend roster. I appreciated the friendship between the couple before they were involved. I just really enjoyed the flow and pacing of this book. I felt like the book could have been longer, however. I definitely want an epilogue with Max and Cheese. 😘
TLBC
Dec 19, 2018 added it
Shelves: reviews
My Review (ARC provided)
3.5-4 stars!

I had no idea what this book was going to be about, it sounded interesting, and I had never read the author before so I thought I’d give it a try.
I liked the concept of the book and although the book in the beginning drug out a little bit, I thought the second half of the book was terrific.
I loved Max, he knew what he wanted and wasn’t afraid to go after it. Brie, on the other hand, didn’t have a clue what she wanted, and what she thought she wanted didn’t go
Jennie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Started off so much better than it ended
Lisa Schneider
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet, east, romantic read. I sped through it and it wasn't overly dramatic as some of these types of romance novels go. It was funny, cute. I enjoyed it.

3.5/5 stars
Liz
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
An sweet, charming and fun read! Full review to come.
Cecily Bonney
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the cutest read ever! Oh and it was deliciously sexy too!

I absolutely loved this book and I am desperately needing this book to be made into a movie.

Netflix can you help a girl out, please!

Sabrina and Alexander remind me of me and my husband....in every single word!

This is totally a must read! I promise you will love every single word!
Gwen
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This wasn’t my favorite but it wasn’t a bad book by any means. Brie is an accountant who had a traumatic break up. She reconnects with Max and they begin a friend’s with benefits relationship.

I kind of didn’t like Max. He was pushy against Brie’s want to keep things casual. He pressured her to make decisions about their relationship after a very short amount of time. I also didn’t like how he kept his past pretty secretive, for no reason, then got mad at her when she didn’t call him for help.

Th
Reading Cafe
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of The Dating Alternative by a few days ago and it is one hell of a book and story. I love reading books from new authors and getting to know new characters.
This story really has it all, from sexy, dirty to funny, heartwarming and heartbreaking moments. These characters pull you into their hearts and you can’t help but root for them every step of the way. I was definitely surprised a few times but NEVER disappointed.
Jennifer Woodhull really brings her A-GAME! I think you all
Yve
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Brie and Max together! While they've known and have been attracted to each other for years, the timing was never right, so they never got to see where their chemistry took them. That is, until Brie's fiancee walks out on her right before their wedding and she finds herself single again, with certain needs to attend to.

After Brie has a disastrous forray into online dating, Max is not one to let the opportunity pass him by and suggests that he should be the one to scratch her i
Angel Hatfield
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brie was home early from her job as a first tier accountant at the best accounting firm in town. She went to work for Letham and Steele three years ago. They were in the middle of a huge merger. But she was still an entry level and had a terrible boss and wished she had stayed with the firm who had hired her right out of college. Brie’s two best friends were Catelyn/Cate and Chelsea. Brie had been engaged to Grant but than three weeks before their wedding he had come home late and started packin ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★★✬ (4.5/5 Stars)
Title: The Dating Alternative
Content Rating: R
POV: Alternates between Heroine/Hero
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “She’s a drug, and the more I’m exposed to her, the more addicted I become.”
― “You look beautiful… sexy… and you have my full attention. You always will when we’re togeth
Brandi
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imagine finding the one who completes you but the timing is never right. Years have passed and when you never think you’ll get your chance it all comes together. Absolutely loved cheese ball and Max!
Amy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to start by saying Thankyou to the author, publisher and Netgalley for providing me with this copy of the dating alternative for my ereader for free in return for my review.
I really enjoyed this book. I read it in a day. Once I started I just didn't want to put it down.
We are following the story of Brie (Sabrina/cheese) and her friend Max (Alexander) through their journey of discovering one another.
Brie and Max have always liked one another but never been single at the same time. N
Shirley Cuypers
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, 2018, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Jennifer Woodhull and InkSlinger PR!

The Dating Alternative
is a New Adult/Romance book about Brie and Max who both agree to being friends with benefits. It seems like the perfect option, only Max has always had a thing for Brie, and Brie is trying hard not to fall for Max.

The Dating Alternative is definitely one of my favourite New Adult/Romance reads. The story is so fast paced
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Roommate Agreement
  • Fleeting (The Nash Brothers, #1)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Fake Play
  • Birth of a Baby Daddy (The Baileys #3)
  • Breaking His Rules
  • Jilted Jock (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Knocking Boots
  • Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)
  • Master Manipulator (Cocky Hero Club)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • Slick Senator (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • The Shadow of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #2)
  • Dirty Liar (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Rockstar Romeo
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)
  • Cocky Striker (Cocky Hero Club)
Jennifer Woodhull writes romance with heat, heart, and satisfying happily ever afters. Her titles include the popular friends-with-benefits romance, The Dating Alternative, second-chance romance The Last Virgin in Texas, and her entry into the Cocky Hero Club World, British Banger.

Jennifer currently lives in Tennessee with her real-life book boyfriend and their yellow lab, who can be more persuasi