Start by marking “Murder Fest” as Want to Read:
Murder Fest

Murder Fest

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Discover the Whitstable Pearl mysteries: a combination of seafood, murder, and a multi-tasking heroine on the coast of Kent . . .

'As light as a Mary Berry Victoria sponge, this Middle-England romp is packed with vivid characters' Miles Mcweeney, IRISH INDEPENDENT

'All of the thrills without any of the gore' SUN

'Delectably fresh' DAILY MAIL

'Proves, yet again, she's mis
Expected publication: August 6th 2019 by Constable

To ask other readers questions about Murder Fest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Fest

really liked it 4.00  ·

Karen's World
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do believe these Whitstable Pearl books get even better, this is the 6th one and definitely the best so far. I had no clue as to the end, that was a complete surprise. This had a different feel to it, more characters set at a Literary festival with super describing of the clothes worn so you could picture the people in your head. This books keeps you engaged all the way through. A brilliant ten out of ten from me!
Puzzle Doctor
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review at classicmystery.blog
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous book from Julie Wassmer, it was lovely to catch up with Pearl (owner of Restaurant and part time PI), her mother (artist and b&b owner) and McGuire (full time detective inspector) who is known by Pearls mother as 'the flatfoot '. This book sees the first Whitstable Festival to show arts and literature for the town set apart from the ancient Whitstable Oyster Festival. Of course, anywhere Pearl is, murder is not too far off..... Sorry, you will not get anything further from m ...more
GONZA
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: posseduto
I think that this is one of the best book in this series by far: dark, complex and not so foreseeable. or maybe it is just that I grow fond of the characters and I love to read about their story. I just would love a little bit more of Mike and Pearl, but ok, it is worth waiting hopefully....

Penso che questo sia uno dei libri migliori della serie fino ad ora: veramente complesso, drammatico e piuttosto imprevisto , o magari sono solo io che non vedevo l'ora di leggere una nuova storia. Mi piacere
Annarella
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was expecting a cozy mystery and even if there're some elements of a cozy I think this book is darker and more complex.
I liked it, it's engaging and entertaining.
I liked the characters, well written and likable, the plot, and the setting.
The mystery was good, full of twists and turns, and it kept me guessing till the end.
I look forward to reading other books in this series.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Rosemary Tyler
Anne-Marie
Jul 11, 2019
Isla
Jul 20, 2019
Julie Wassmer is a television drama writer who contributed for almost twenty years to the popular BBC series EastEnders.

She published her autobiography More Than Just Coincidence in 2010, in which she describes finding her long-lost daughter after an astonishing twist of fate. It was voted Mumsnet book of the year.

The Whitstable Pearl Mystery is the first in her series of crime novels, involving