Start by marking “First Day of Groot!” as Want to Read:
First Day of Groot!

First Day of Groot!

You'll find adventure at every turn. Now, come on, quick-it's time to learn!

Just like the rest of us, Groot's learning that there's a first time (and a first day!) for everything. Follow Rocket and Groot as they set off across the galaxy learning new lessons, developing new skills, and making new memories with friends along the way.

With so many new experiences on the
Published July 2nd 2019 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about First Day of Groot!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Day of Groot!

Start your review of First Day of Groot!
Kimberly
Is it cute? Yes. Is it really a first-day-of-school book? No. Did my kid make me read it 800 times anyway? Yes.
Jessica
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are amazing. Super cute and my kids love it.
Bryan
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! The best part might have been trying to find Ant-Man and Wasp on each page.
Yaritza
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A super adorable book with fun, colorful and picture perfect illustrations. The children will love Groot's first day of learning. Children will learn about sharing, counting, spelling, teamwork and learning to sing along. Groot is a huge fan of Spider Man. He carried along a Spider Man backpack throughout his adventures. I loved that the Avengers were included in the book and were part of the fun and learning experience Groot had throughout the book. I had the most fun looking for Ant-Man and ...more
Alicia Evans
This book is precious! Marvel fans will love finding all the Easter eggs and seeing what the heroes are up to in this cutesy universe. The book really doesn't fit with canon--either comics or MCU--so some fans may not like it as much. However, the book teaches good "lessons" and shows non-traditional families. A sweet book.

For: Marvel/MCU/Guardians of the Galaxy fans; readers looking for a movie tie-in to read with a child just entering school.

Possible red flags: some readers may feel that the
Becky B
Alien superheroes may not go to what we'd think of as school, but they do have things to learn. Groot and Rocket learn about sharing, teamwork, and other important superhero skills in this adventure.

This is jam-packed with Marvel superheroes. A cute little reimagining of a first day of school, Guardians of the Galaxy style with cute little Groot and Rocket. I like the vibrant colors, and the lessons learned a good ones that even little human superheroes can put into practice. Hand this to little
EMMANUEL
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there is ever an audition to be the voice of Groot, I would do so before a child is even able to be conceived. LoL. Forget that analogy.

Anyway, Groot is the epitome of my favorite superhero. He’s literally the superhero of innocence and kindness. I’d do anything to have Groot be my superhero. I really hope they don’t destroy my vision and hopes for such a promising rising superhero.

I would love to be apart of the development of the Groot franchise! I believe he is even greater than
Vicky Reads MG
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The art in this is EVERYTHING.
The story is simplistic and very um, weak, but the art makes up for it ALL.
I want prints of every page!
Tony Stark wearing a BURGER AVENGER apron, Doctor Strange levitating cake, and Groot single handedly busting up a fight between Nebula and Ronan the Accuser is ALL kinds of awesomeness.

And the art of Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange in particular?
DeAD!!!!!

Ali
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I found a copy of this cute little kids picture book at a local small book shop. I obviously had to open it up and read it. The illustrations are amazing. I really loved how it has all the marvel characters from all the movies, and that later in the pages of the book it even has Thor illustrated with his beer gut; just like he is in End game! such an adorable book for kids who love Marvel or even a good way to introduce kids to marvel in Future generations!
Krysta
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Not a first day of school book, as one might think. But a cute pick for Marvel fans. The Avengers look adorable and it's fun to spot which ones are on each spread. The illustrations are more interesting than the text.
Bethe
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bookaday #68. 5 stars. I love anything Baby Groot and this gets 5 stars because it’s so stinking cute! Rhyming text is so-so, the strength is in the illustrations full of details from Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers. Take off the dust jacket - you can’t miss the end pages!!!
Mary Jo
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Marvel fans will love this book. The importance of sharing, teamwork, and friendship make this a great back to school book. Children will enjoy the illustrations and finding little details on each page.
Robin
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute, but uneven. Will only appeal to kids who are already Marvel enthusiasts. Ages 4-6.
Miss Kelly
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this little picture book.
Elizabeth
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book has adorable illustrations and shows the first day of Groot! Rocket takes him around and they experience various adventures with friends. He has a SUPER day!
Kathi Rauscher
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great read for your little Marvel:Guardians if the Galaxy fan. The sing song tone of the text is catchy and the book is beautifully illustrated. We all have first’s and Groot is no exception.
Lisa
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the illustrations, and the story was perfect for a first dat of school situation.
Engel Dreizehn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute hit especially for fans of Rocket + Groot. Fun to think oooo breakfast on the Milano, warm prose and tons of marvel visual tidbits abound to find!
Miss Sarah
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Groot from The marvel universe of comics is getting ready for his first day of school. Preschool and up
Kelley Mitchell
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute rhyming story, superheroes always circulate
Angela
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are phenominal. A simple but charming story about young Groot.
David Haggett
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easily 4 stars because of Cale Atkinson's illustrations of Make Marvel Mine characters!
Ana
Aug 27, 2019
Rebecca
Jun 26, 2019
Sara Vazquez
Aug 07, 2019
Sylvia
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2019

• Sulwe
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Llama Destroys the World
  • Unicorn Day
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home: Spider-Man Swings Through Europe!
  • Circle
  • Reading Beauty
  • I Am a Wolf
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
  • I'm Worried
  • Pick a Pumpkin
  • Have Fun, Molly Lou Melon
  • Read the Book, Lemmings!
  • Bedtime for Batman