Start by marking “Mindfire” as Want to Read:
Mindfire

Mindfire

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required."

Leia Hamilton can move things and set them on fire with her mind.

Leia's father and step-mother tried to hide their past: a time when they were part of a team of superheroes. But despite being disbanded for over twenty years following a series of tragedies, their problems were passed to their children and Le
Published April 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mindfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindfire

Start your review of Mindfire
Jes Drew

This book is a multi-generational superhero epic. Not only do we get to see our heroine come into her powers and deal with their affects on her lives, but we get to learn the legends of the past her parents lived with their peers. Unfortunately, this also gives us a front-row seat to generational sins and the tragedy that often follows great power, as one can see in all the great superhero comics.

Just like the heroes aren't completely pure, the villains' morality is equally blurred. The antagon
Belladonnaoflavender
It's been long minute since I started reading Mindfire. I have never been a fan of superheroes but Let me ask you this- Who is your favorite superhero that you associate with and why?

"She unleashed a sensation like a million electrical needles barely touching
him but completely surrounding his body. Thanks to her telekinesis, she knew
he couldn’t move."

Mindfire isn't about secret identities, ensembles, or diabolical plots but rather the qualities which bequeath such privileged encounters. Superhe
Deb Haggerty
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deb’s Dozen: Superheroes retired, but children inherit power. Leia moves and sets things afire.

Mindfire presents a fascinating story. Retired superheroes? Good vs. evil and still fighting? Their children inherit superpowers? Steadham presents a well thought out premise. Leia discovers she can move things with her mind. Unfortunately, she can also cause things to burst into flame—a problem because her temper runs wild on occasion. And she starts hearing a voice in her mind. And the voice converse
Benjamin Fife
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As an up and coming Narrator of up & coming authors, I enjoy the opportunity to network with others in a similar situation. I love the creative process and seeing how different minds explore it. Part and parcel of mass consumption of beginner's work is the inescapable reality that it is just that - beginner's work. Some will be brilliant, some, may need some more polishing before it achieves the level of quality & cohesion that makes the best art stand out.

Why do I start a review with such a "d
Ariel Paiement
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a reader, I found that I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story at first. I guess just because I don't usually enjoy the genre. It also didn't help that my reading time often consists of ten minutes snatched before work shifts or on a break from grading papers. So not all of the attention issues stemmed from the book. However, once I was into the book, I did enjoy it a lot more. I was invested in the characters and wanted to see what would happen to them.

Allen used a varied approach
Sonam Shukla
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
MY TAKE🧡:

- Mindfire is a fictional book more like a comic, tho it's not exactly a comic. we all have grown up watching Marvel and DC, we all loved the superheroes. Didn't we? I still love superhero books. So, when I read the Blurb I was crystal clear in my mind "I want this book".

-I can't explain how much I loved this book, it's so perfect in my eyes. The cover is super lovely, the title is apt, the characters are sketched divinely and the mold of the book is such that I would love to be in a
New Book Reviewer
How will you react when you find out that you have superpowers? Did you ever wonder how superheroes felt when they first discovered their super abilities? Well, this book Mindfire written by Allen Steadham is a perfect book for these types of questions. Being a superhero & fiction enthusiast, this book gives me an insight of what if it was all real. I like the writing style and the well-expressed story-line full of emotions.

The highlight of the book is how author Allen Steadham has touched my h
Nony
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mindfire is a novel that is not just limited to fictional description of Superpowers. It is much more than that. Leia the main character has inherited superpowers from her parents. These were unknown to her until her college life started. She discovered that she has the power to move things and set them on fire on rage.

Leia's encounter with Josh Manning in the hallway of Digby College is something that I liked. As the story moves forward, Leia also get to know about the superpowers possessed by
Ankita
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mindfire is a fictional novel by the author Allen Steadham. It is based on the Superpower theme. It will take you to the extra ordinary journey into the world full of Superpowers.

The story revolves around the protagonist Leia Hamilton who is a twenty-one year old student of Digby College. Leia's parents hide the fact from her that she is a superhero. They did so to protect her from unnecessary trouble. But in college life, Leia discovered that she could move things and even set them on fire usi
Deepika Kumari
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mindfire by the author Allen Steadham is a novel that is based on superpower themes.

Leia Hamilton is a twenty one year old protagonist. She is a college student of Digby college. Until Leia grew up, her parents didn't told her about the superpowers she has. One day in college, she discovered that she has the ability to move things and put them on fire using her mind.

While reading the story, like Leia I was also curious to learn more about her. What all Leia will discover about herself and her
LaDonna McCall
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love superheros and usually just watch the movies. This is the first book I've read on the subject and it wasn't really what I expected. But it was very good. This story is filled with good verses evil.... and evil that has a change of heart and gets a second chance at family. The story shows that no matter how bad our past has been, we can always change and God is the changer of hearts.

Patricia Terry
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. A superhero book with Christian teachings. I didn't see that coming, and yet it worked beautifully. No loss to the super hero fun. If you are thinking of passing this up because of the religious aspects, don't. They don't detract from the story at all. If you like religion in your books, but are leery about the superheroes, this author makes them fun. Give it a try. Great book. I received a free review copy of the audio version of this book in exchange for an honest review.
AnneMarie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful book is so captivating from the very beginning. The author, Allen Steadham has become one of my favorite Authors, simply because of this book and his way of storytelling. Mindfire isn’t your casual superpowers book, on who can beat who and who has the strongest power. The characters in the book go through trials of personal exploration. I absolutely failed in the aspect of starting off this book during my lunch break at work. I did not want to put the book down for even a minute a ...more
Melina Lobo
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
You’re a young woman forged in fire, a modern warrior woman with a heart.
🦄🦄🦄
Leia's parents never told them who they truly were and what she is; a superhero.
After she was born her father and stepmother decided that it was what's best for her and the family, but once her powers start to manifest, they can no longer hide the truth.
As the veil is lifted from Leia's eyes, what other secrets will be revealed? 🦄🦄🦄
Mindfire is a fictional novel by Allen steadham.
The superhero theme is pretty intense as w
Patrick Cox
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a really hard time following who was who? There were only a few times in the book where there was any superhero action. Most of the story is characters trying to forgive and get past the past of what the others characters have done.
Pat Eroh
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I definitely have a new author that I love! My 2nd read from this author and I love this book as much as the first (Jordan's World - fabulous read). So this book is so different with some superpower discoveries and a past that collides with the present. It will keep you glued to the pages and you will not want to put it down. An excellent story that is intense, well-written, and absolutely riveting. Add wonderful characters and you have THIS book. Great job with blessings added.

I received a free
Samee
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How would you feel if life's good, you have a great loving boyfriend and one day when he comes close to kiss you he gets scared.
That's how Leia the protagonists story begin!
The story begins with Leia wanting to have a stable life with her boyfriend, but her ability to destroy or ablaze things, made her feel conscious and terrifying that why and how this turn of events are happening.
She gets scared that now that Josh- her boyfriend knows about her superpower, will leave her but then she hears s
Raya Whitehouse
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story line has a pretty interesting plot line, there are some parts that seemed to have issues with the past and present at least with what I was following. If I was reading the book itself and not listening I think it could have been easier to follow, which isnt an issue with the book or the narrator.

This is the first time I have heard this narrator, she sounds very young, and personally would be excellent for a childrens book. She did quite a good job on the different character voices and
Himani
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
"Seeking revenge is like purposefully keeping your own wound open until you inflict it on someone else, making you as bad as the person who hurt you."

Leia Hamilton is a daughter born out of a superhero and a supervillain's affection. She has an ordinary life taking off until one day she begins to listen to some unnatural voices inside her head and it makes an effort to lead Leia. Her meeting with Black fox and Shadow brings about some disclosures about the voice and that comes like a surprise to
Allen Steadham
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I grew up reading DC and Marvel Comics, to the point that I started making my own original comics by age ten. I started with a trio of heroes and formed them into a super team I called the AR-MEN. I wrote and drew those comics for over twenty years. Along the way, I gave my life to Jesus Christ. Not too long after that, I stopped making superhero comics and made a Christian webcomic with my wife.

In 2013, I decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo). Before I began, I pray
Tara
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Half through, the story got a bit boring and the conversations involving accepting Jesus into your heart seemed forced instead of natural. By the last 10% of the book all the conversations seemed forced. The concept, story and conflicts are excellent, unfortunately it started to feel stiff and written as if designed rather than flowing naturally. A clever idea and a great way to talk about real Christianity and acceptance and love for all but missed the mark a bit.

I received a free copy of this
Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
This story was not one of my favorite listening experience, particularly because I Really did Not like the narrator's voice. The story was alright I guess but never really grabbed me and when I had things to do was not motivated to start listening again. Storyline was a interesting concept but to me personally it failed.
Rutuja Ramteke
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
💖Mindfire💖

Firstly, let's start with the title, it's so so apt, the story revolves around Leia, her father and step-mother tried to hide their past: a time when they were part of a team of superheroes. But despite being disbanded for over twenty years following a series of tragedies, their problems were passed to their children and Leia finds that her future collides with their past.
And guess what, she has abilities, superpowers and she can set things on fire. Interesting? Pretty much, it's more
Contemporary_literary_threads
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Mindfire by Allen Steadham' is spiritual superhero novel. Where Leia, the protagonist, has some superpowers controlled by her mind.
Leia Hamilton is not born to normal parents. They took time to hold a secret of superpowers in their genes from their daughter. When Leia learned she can control things from her mind, the ruckus starts to unfold. Leia begins her search for the reasons behind the superpowers. Her ancestors who are part of this superpower tribe as well.
The book unfolds many question
Kendall Brooks
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the sins of the parents are visited on the kids.....
An engaging book with layer upon layer to be digested. A different kind of superhero story, where the protagonist must come to terms with her life and powers, after never having known about her parents lives. The overarching theme is what the protagonist will do with these powers snd will they be used for good or for bad. Spirituality and love factor strongly in the story as the characters come to terms with who and what they are. Wil
Jill
May 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wonder if the author read Carrie Vaughn's After the Golden Age as this book reads like a fan fiction version of it. While the plot is interesting, character development--especially with Malevolence--is rocky, to say the least. Dialog is stilted and I think the whole book would have been better suited as a comic book.
Jillian Yetter
Jul 14, 2019
Jason
Jul 22, 2019
Daphne Self
Jul 25, 2019
Aurura B
Nov 17, 2018

• Faith and the Beloved (Kochery C Shibu)
  • Thoughts Alight Poetry
  • Diondray's Discovery (Diondray's Chronicles #1)
  • Silent Screams
  • Rhythm Roger: The Secrets Of Electon
  • The Special Boy Who Could (RAINBOW CRYSTAL,  #2)
  • Diondray's Journey (Diondray's Chronicles #2)
  • Under The Mango Tree
  • God’s Chocolate Chips: Daily Doses of Heaven’s Chocolate to Sweeten Your Life
  • Marigold - the Golden Memories
  • The Archons Rise (Humanity's Gauntlet Book 1)
  • Sunshine Town (Second Edition)
  • The Rape Trial
  • The End of May
  • Elephant
  • Sniper's Debt(7even Series Book 2)
  • Herlot of Alonia
  • Red Flag (Ricochet, #1)
Allen Steadham created comic books and webcomics before he started writing novels. He has been married to his wife, Angel, since 1995 and they have two sons and a daughter. When not writing stories, Allen and his wife are singers, songwriters and musicians. They have been in a Christian band together since 1997. They live in Central Texas.

News & Interviews

“You did this somehow, didn't you? You changed Misha's memories about last night!"
"Not just Misha's," the voice said. "Everyone who witnessed it, including the police who were called. I even fixed the counter you smashed, so there’s no evidence of anything unusual happening last night. You have nothing to worry about anymore."
​"Who are you that you could do that? I know you helped me, and I'm grateful, but you messed with all those people's minds! You even made Josh forget!"
"Would you rather I killed them all? Because that was my alternative. I've done it before."

"What?”