Start by marking “Dynamic Dames (Turner Classic Movies): 50 Leading Ladies Who Made History” as Want to Read:
Dynamic Dames (Turner Classic Movies): 50 Leading Ladies Who Made History

Dynamic Dames (Turner Classic Movies): 50 Leading Ladies Who Made History

Celebrate 50 of the most empowering and unforgettable female characters ever to grace the screen, as well as the artists who brought them to vibrant life!

From Scarlett O'Hara to Thelma and Louise to Wonder Woman, strong women have not only lit up the screen, they've inspired and fired our imaginations. Some dynamic women are naughty and some are nice, but all of them buck
Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by Running Press Adult

To ask other readers questions about Dynamic Dames (Turner Classic Movies), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dynamic Dames (Turner Classic Movies)

Tahera
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I saw this book on NetGalley I knew I had to pick it up for 2 reasons:
1) It's a book about movies and I can never get tired of reading any material even remotely related to the wonderful world of movies 🎥 ❤!
2) It covers the 50 most dynamic leading ladies of Hollywood from 1920s to present day who have made an impact by not only being strong, independent ladies in their own right but also playing them on screen as well.

The choices made are great to say the least and I can only wonder how
Rhea
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book to read for a couple of reasons. The first is that in the #MeToo era, this book is exactly what is needed to promote strong female characters. Dynamic Dames indeed! The second reason is my knowledge on classic films is somewhat lacking. It covers characters and actresses from classic to contemporary films. I learned more about classic movies and can’t wait to start watching them!

The layout is wonderful and I like that you can hop around if you want to read about a particular ac
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Very interesting book regarding the women starts of the movies from TCM. Nice pictures and tidbits on the movies also. This would be a nice book for fans of the actresses that are profiled in this book. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book. Although I received the book in this manner, it did not effect my opinion of this book nor my review.
Lizbeth
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from Netgalley.com and the publisher, Perseus Books, Running Press. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review.

A must have for any fan of cinema or history. Interesting profiles of same of the most memorable leading ladies of the silver screen. Beautifully designed with amazing photography.
Books4Jessica
Art
Jan 10, 2019
Aqsa
Jan 10, 2019
Sloan De Forest is a writer, actor, and film historian who has written about film for Sony, Time Warner Cable, the Mary Pickford Foundation, and Bright Lights Film Journal. She has contributed essays to the books Natalie Wood: Reflections on a Legendary Life and Grace Kelly: Hollywood Dream Girl. She lives in Hollywood—mentally, spiritually, and geographically.