Start by marking “The Oracle's Journal (Of Gods and Guardians, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Oracle's Journal (Of Gods and Guardians, #1)

The Oracle's Journal (Of Gods and Guardians, #1)

Suddenly, it's a world flooded with magic and danger draws closer with every passing second. When the powers of sixteen gods are inherited by four teenagers, destruction is not far behind.

In Maxton City, everything changes in the blink of an eye. When a portal to the Chaos Realm - a place of torment, a world of horrors - opens up over Maxton City Park, the monsters begin
Published November 14th 2018 by Partridge Publishing Africa

To ask other readers questions about The Oracle's Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Oracle's Journal

Sara
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think that the oracle's journal is a really good book to read if you're interested in fiction and all that magical world. I find that the story is really well written and the events are perfectly linked to each other which makes it easier to understand what is going on from the beginning.
Also, I agree that there are few words which are a bit difficult to understand for people who aren't English native speakers but this isn't really a bad thing, it really helps to improve their vocabulary and
Susan
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four teenagers live a very normal life until they find amulets in which the power of the sixteen gods are contained. They become The Guardians, are trained in magic and have to protect the earth against a queen, her knights, a whole variety of monsters and many demons.

My expectations for The Oracle's Journal were high and it didn’t disappoint. There are a few downsides but they are outweighted by the good parts of the book.
First of all, the worldbuilding in the book is huge. D
♥Booknerdswift♥
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Before getting into this, I'd like to thank BookTasters on twitter for this opportunity.

The Oracle's Journal is one that takes time to get through. It isn't going to be read in one sitting. There were multiple times when I had to go back and reread paragraphs and pages because of what happened. So much information is getting thrown at you that it is hard to keep track at some points. There are twists and turns from the moment the action starts till the last page.

While there are 50 c
Dahlia Kocache
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Oracle's Journal is a fantastic, sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat book. All the events are so brilliantly linked to one another even when it seems like they might not be. The author has truly thought every plot point through and this is something I highly, highly appreciate. The writing is not perfect but I have to say that that is what makes it beautiful sometimes. You learn to love each character for their strengths and flaws alike. The magic is simply amazing and there is not enough that I ca ...more
MoonlightAlley
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the "Kingdom on Fire" series and I expected "The Oracle's Journal" to be similar to the series because I wasn't really into fantasy and I didn't know what fantasy is usually like. But the "The Oracle's Journal" wasn't what I expected and it was great. I wasn't expecting it to be a long though. I was surprised to see that it took me longer to read than expected. This book made me like fantasy a bit more, I liked it. Looking forward to more books written by Dimitri.

(The book ki
Fhey
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A long read that took me some time to revisit some pages to make sure I got the correct context. But even though it is a long read I really enjoy the plot and so much twist that I want to read more.
Luis Orozco aragon
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book to read! Absolutely loved it and I can't wait for the second one! The author made an excellent job balancing the description level with the fast-pace fighting parts. It is a long book, but worth every page and hour invested in it. I guarantee you won't want to stop reading for a second and will even devour the epilogues!
Anusha Sridharan
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktasters
The Oracle's Journal was a longer read than I expected. I must first appreciate the efforts that Dimitri has put into this wonderful piece.
It had all the fantasy elements knitted well but I felt the story execution is slightly a miss. I found few chapters a little distracting and the characters were too many to catch-up. I revisited some chapters to ensure that I actually got the complete context.

Coming to the story,
The plot and the overall storyline is great, kept me wanting to read more. Sp
Jinte
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored this book. It was really well-put and I adored the characters. I loved how they felt real, that they weren't a Mary-Sue or something that felt distant to the reader. I could actually live through them. It IS a long book, something I can have problems with, but this really made me invested and kept my attention to the last second. I actually also really liked the writing-style. It really helped with forming a beautiful world. I really enjoyed this book. I do need to say (just ...more
Josephine Charles
Makfidunnabi Methun
Jan 25, 2019
Sheree
Jan 26, 2019
“This is an inspirational quote about following your dreams and writing like you’ll actually breathe life into a new world with your words, which Dimitri hopes will one day become famous enough to be mistakenly attributed to someone else, like John Oliver, or Charles Dickens.” – Dimitri Liountris.

Dimitri was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. As a child, he was immediately drawn to al