Start by marking “Our Planet: The official companion to the ground-breaking Netflix original Attenborough series with a special foreword by David Attenborough” as Want to Read:

________

THE OFFICAL COMPANION TO THE GROUNDBREAKING NEW NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY SERIES

The future of all life on this earth depends on our willingness to take action now - David Attenborough
________

With a foreword by Sir David Attenborough, breathtakingly beautiful still photography, specially commissioned maps and graphics, and compelling text expanding on the remarkable TV
ebook
Published April 2nd 2019 by Transworld Digital

To ask other readers questions about Our Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Planet

Start your review of Our Planet: The official companion to the ground-breaking Netflix original Attenborough series with a special foreword by David Attenborough
Sophie Crane
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, favorites
Beautiful book!! It has some beautiful pictures of all the beautiful animals in the series
Andreea Mateev
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book with gorgeous pictures that take you in a journey through the great miracles of nature. Nature that offers us so much and yet that we threat each day more than yesterday with our continuous expansion and raising needs.
The book raises awareness on our suffering planet but it gives us hope that we can still act in order to do things better.
Rapeepat Ingkasit
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great companion book for the Our Planet series. This bool included all very best scenes from the films and also fact & figures that may be too much on screen. Really recommended for concerned global citizens.
Žaneta Kovářová
Dechberoucí a děsivé. Dva hlavní pocity, které ve mně po přečtení a prohlédnutí téhle knihy rezonují. A stejné pocity, možná ještě intenzivnější, vyvolává stejnojmenný seriál. V přehledném rozdělení kapitol na základní ekosystémy se dozvíte základní ekologické a klimatické problémy 21. století. Dozvíte se o vymírání tisíců živočišných a rostlinných druhů, o znečišťování vod, mizení pralesů i tání ledovců. Je snad nevyhnutelné, aby si čtenář po tomhle uvědomil, jak velkou škodu jsme napáchali my, ...more
Jen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing photography, just like the series. A bit depressing that so much beauty in the world is in jeopardy. This book highlights the urgency for humans to do something about the climate, sooner than later.
Sean
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science
Phenomenal photography. Well researched text. Realistic explanation to people to get our act together. Pictures look like Earth is a great place to live! I've enjoyed a lot of nature books, but I'm finding new creatures here. On page 125 is a saiga, from Kazakhstan. Looks very "Dr Seuss". These pictures could individually win photo contests. Beautiful book.
Jonas Pihl
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Our Planet explains the effects of climate change on the many different habitats on Earth - much in the same vein as the Netflix show, but with more focus on climate change and pollution, than the habitats itself. It mentions examples of nature recovering as well as suggestions for solutions to many of the problems.

This book doesn't go into depth with the issues of climate change. It very much is a coffee table book, but it is a really good one at that. The explanations are well put, and the
Joanne
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2020
The book to accompany the brilliant Netflix series is brimming with information and wonderful photos of our stunning world. It goes into detail of each of the ecosystems as described in the documentary: frozen worlds, fresh water, grasslands, deserts, forests, jungles, coastal seas and high seas. It's a book of reality, outlining what we have done and are doing to our world and the creatures that live there, but it also gives a message of hope that we can change - if we want to.
Stevo Brock
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a Best of the Best for the month of July, 2019, as selected by Stevo's Book Reviews on the Internet. You can find me at http://forums.delphiforums.com/stevo1, on my Stevo's Novel Ideas Amazon Influencer page (https://www.amazon.com/shop/stevo4747) or search for me on Google for many more reviews and recommendations.
Nate
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful companion to the Our Planet series. Gorgeous photos and more in-depth info than the series has time for. However, seeing these photos in motion (as it were) makes the series far superior to this book.
Sonee
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully informative and picturesque book calling for us to take more compassionate and caring action to allow nature to restore itself instead of succumbing to the perils of climate change and human misdeed.
Daniel
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Learnt much more about not only human negative impact on the planet, but also how beautiful the various habitats of the planet is and also how restoration really helps, like removal of dams, etc.
Laura Gilfillan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature-science
It's a pretty planet. Too bad it's about to end.
瑞晟 賴
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, so many beautiful photos and stunning viewpoint.
Its very worth to buy one to your shelves.
Christine D
This had a lot of information in it, very informative.
Also, I appreciated that this wasn't completely hopeless; it gave sobering, scary facts but also hope.
Chloe Laura
Jan 06, 2020
Yosef Shapiro
Jun 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Journeys to the Other Side of the World: further adventures of a young naturalist
  • Dynasties: The Rise and Fall of Animal Families
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Rocks & Minerals
  • Book of Inventions

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...