Start by marking “We Are Not Friends (You Are Not Small)” as Want to Read:
We Are Not Friends (You Are Not Small)

We Are Not Friends

(You Are (Not) Small #4)

Two fuzzy friends are having a fun playdate when a new pal hops in. As the day continues, each friend feels left out at times. It isn’t so easy to figure out how to act when everything seems to change. With humor and heart, the beloved characters from Theodor Seuss Geisel Award winner You Are (Not) Small navigate a friendship triangle as only they can.

Published May 1st 2019 by Two Lions

Start your review of We Are Not Friends (You Are Not Small)
Calista
A book for the very young children. This could be a board book. It’s very simple. 3 friends are trying to play together and there is jealousy and some push and pull. Finally, they decide to all be friends until a 4th pops in.

A simple story about the dynamics of friends when you are 2-4.

The nephew thought the characters were weird and he likes that, but he thought the story was boring and not much happened. I told him, I didn’t realize it was geared to so young an audience and he was too old
David Schaafsma
My family reads all the Goodreads-award-nominated picture books every year. This is book #5 (of more than 20) of 2019, and some of us liked it pretty well. A book for younger children about the continual dance of who are friends/best friends/not friends and all those feelings.

Lyra (12): 3. I liked it! Cute, and useful, because you are always trying to think who are your true friends. It can be hard!

Hank (13): 2.5. I liked it, I liked the art ands the story all right.

Harry (14): 2. It wasn't
Ivonne Rovira
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna Kang has penned a real gem with We Are (Not) Friends. This picture book does deliver the moral that, just because a friend gains a new friend, doesn't mean that s/he is not friends with the old friends. But, even better, the book alludes to how important it is not to shove aside old, tried and true friends in favor of flashy new ones. A real joy!
BWT (Belen)
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Very cute

Great moral, cute graphics, sweet story. As an adult it wasn't excruciating to read and the kids enjoyed it.
Rod Brown
Cute, fuzzy animals learn about friendship, jealousy, shifting alliances and hurt feelings in a cute, funny way. I'll probably seek out earlier books in this series.

Update 11/10/2019:
AMAZON CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!! THE FIX IS IN FOR THE GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS!!!!

Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten! was the the third lackluster book from the publisher Two Lions that I had read in three days during my Goodreads Awards project. I'd never heard of this publisher before, so I started wondering how they
Baby Bookworm

Hello, friends! Our book today is We Are (Not) Friends, written by Anna Kang and illustrated by Christopher Weyant, a sweet look at growing friendships.

The two bears (Big Brown and Small Purple) from the previous Kang/Weyant books are back, getting dressed up for playtime, when a blue bunny pops in and asks if he can join. Big Brown welcomes the newcomer, but Purple is less sure, especially
Bea
Kang's facial illustrations perfectly capture emotions and even without text, it would be obvious what's going on. With sparse, articulate text and delightful illustrations, helps children understand that adding a new friend to your life and your circle of friends is a good thing and there's room for one more. Children will relate to the emotions displayed and laugh at the pictures.
Stephanie Paylor Raufer
Cute!

A cute little book about sharing and playing with friends. A great book for preschoolers. The characters show their feelings through words and pictures when they feel left out while playing with friends.
Marianne
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! Thanks to goodreads and the publisher for a copy. I'm so excited to share this with my students, who need practice on not excluding others!
Jane
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Using animals in We Are (Not) Friends is an excellent book to read to preschool age children and point out how they were learning to have the social skills. After teaching preschool for many years I have seen many children learn social skills through play as they figured out how to play in groups. This is an excellent book to teach social skills of how to play in groups.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
A darling book about friends and how when a new friend joins in things can get a bit complicated. But there best friends figure out how to make it work. With bright and fun illustration and simple text new and emerging readers will find success reading this book. Parents will love reading it with enthusiasm and flair! A great book for the whole family!
Toya Taylor
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Good book for kids. This book shows that you can have more than one friend. It's also okay if you all like to do something different.
Christine D
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This (NOT) series by Anna Kang is such so darn cute, and this is a fun addition.
Kelly
A good story about introducing a new friend to your group and finding ways to include everybody.
Barry j pollard
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good book

A very short book. A good read to the point butt could use a few more words withthe pictures need ablittle more
Tracy
Very cute story that I would've loved to have read aloud with my children when they were little. It's a series, I bet they're all fun for cuddly read aloud.
MeganRuth - Alohamora Open a Book
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Preschool and Kindergarten
"You are right. We are not friends. We are best friends."

Being friends is great, and being best friends is even better. However, when a new friend comes into the picture three can be a crowd. It takes some good problem solving, but eventually the friends figure out it's fun to have more friends.

Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Best For: 4-6, PreK to 1st grade.
Clean Read: Yes.
Worth a Check Out: Yes. If you are needing to teach about friendship.
Buy It or Not: Maybe. If this is an area you really need to
Mary
With minimal text and expressive cartoonish drawings, the author tells a story of imaginative play, friendship, jealousy, and learning to include others. Young children will be able to understand the story from the illustrations alone, which clearly convey the feelings of the characters. Use with preschool and early elementary students as a discussion starter regarding how to share and play with more than one friend. When reading aloud, it is fun and helpful to invent a separate voice for each ...more
Debbie Fisher
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story and pictures!

Our granddaughter (4), thought the story was fun. She loved the pink giraffe friend at the end! Great lesson to be learned.
DaNae
This subject matter has been covered in plenty of picture books. Gerald and Piggie come to mind. However, in the course of the learning-to-read time of life repetition is key.
Shelli
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This sweet little picture book will be very relatable to children who have ever felt their friendship threatened by the addition of a new friend to their group. The illustrator did a wonderful job of showing the evolving emotions of each character. A fun read aloud to share with your young kiddo or a classroom full of them.
Susan
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Thank you to blue_slip_media and @barbfisch for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

All of us knows how it feels when you and a friend are having a great time, just the two of you, until suddenly someone else joins in. This can happen if you’re 3 or 73, or anywhere in between! Once the third friend appears, things are just not quite the same.

Our two fuzzy bear friends encounter the same problem when a new friend bounces in and wants to play. They soon discover three’s a
Tiff M
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of We Are Not Friends on Goodreads and I'm so glad I did!

My daughter is 2 and has a short attention span when it comes to reading...or anything actually if I'm being honest. What we liked most about this book is that it was easy to make interactive. The illustrations are big and pretty simple with a few bold colors that make it easy for her to point out colors or objects when asked. The sound words were a HUGE hit with her. She actively listened and looked at the book as she
Elizabeth Meadows
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print-books-2019
I just got this free with my prime membership on my Kindle. My oldest daughter is a teenager with autism and I thought it looked like a cute book that she would enjoy looking at. It is so adorable! I first flipped through it and mainly looked at the pictures. I feel like she will be able to follow and enjoy the story even without being able to read the words. Then I went back and read the words and loved it even more. I can't wait to read this with her when she gets home from school.
Mkittysamom
It’s a maybe

Because it didn’t have any fun I It. The author should put left and rights in it and have more pages in the book so I can see what happens to the link fellow. -Jace Age 7
Caroline
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: story-time
This is a bit of a simple story. I like the message of making new friends but I don't think I'd use this for a story time because there are a lot of spots where there are just sound words or no words at all.
Matt C McDonnell
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun kids book

This book is perfect for reaching young students and kids about the natural ups and downs of friendship. . .
Shari E. Cline
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very Cute

Teaches a good lesson and my grandkids really liked it. Nicely illustrated, makes a good bed time story for my 6 year old
Jennifer Brown
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Not Bad

I had my 6 year old nephew read this one to me. He made different voices with the characters but I don't think it was really memorable for him.
Melhara
3.5/5

A very cute, simple and straightforward picture book about making new friends (and accepting a new friend into your circle of friends).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Vacation for Dexter! (Dexter T. Rexter, #3)
  • What If Everybody Thought That?
  • Unicorn Day
  • A Piglet Named Mercy
  • Just Because
  • A Tiger Like Me
  • Rosie the Dragon and Charlie Make Waves
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • Because
  • Snow Globe Wishes
  • Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten!
  • It's Not Hansel and Gretel
  • How to Read a Book
  • Sulwe
  • Hair Love
  • The Proudest Blue
  • Spiky
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story

You Are (Not) Small (4 books)
  • You Are (Not) Small