Start by marking “Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business” as Want to Read:

(Rich Dad #10)

One of the basic tenets of the Rich Dad philosophy is to make the jump from employee to boss. This is the book that shows you how to make that leap - in 10 easy steps. Everyone in business knows that you won't ever achieve great wealth by being an employee. The real secret to making money and reaching financial independence is to start your own company and develop it quick ...more
Paperback, Rich Dad's Paperback, 304 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Warner Business Books (first published September 1st 2005)

Scott Dinsmore
Jul 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Why I Read this Book: I was about to quit my job to pursue some of my true interests. This sounded relevant. It certainly was.

Review:

A lot can be learned from Robert Kiyosaki and his experiences. I enjoy his books because they not only take an innovative perspective on things, but it is a perspective from which he lives day in and day out. I found myself at the book store a year or so ago with a pile of books having to do with Entrepreneurship and being your own boss. I was within weeks of my fi
Chad Warner
Jan 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
This book is full of general but practical advice on planning, launching, and growing a business. The focus is more on growing a large business than on becoming self-employed. In fact, Kiyosaki seems to view self-employed professionals as underachievers, as if those people fall short by not building large businesses. Kiyosaki speaks a lot from firsthand experience, but he also draws lessons from businesses and entrepreneurs.

I’m a Robert Kiyosaki fan, so despite his low opinion of the self-employ
Manol Trendafilov
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great tutorial for starting business when you consider quitting your job
sadiq
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kiyosaki never fails to milk the concept behind rich dad in a new and exciting way, while remixing it with stories and a new way of looking at the old concepts. If you have read his other books you may not feel like you learned any new paradigm-shifting concept, The book itself is an easy read and has really great ideas.
Kassin
Dec 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Potential entrepreneurs
Recommended to Kassin by: Tanner
Thanks, Tanner, for letting me borrow this! One more business book for the memory bank. All good concepts, and like many of Kiyosaki's books, a little on the repetitive side. The things that stuck with me:

1) Make sure the following bases are covered:
- Legal
- Systems
- Communications
- Cash Flow

(A good guide to follow for the newbie entrepreneur.)

2) Don't market yourself as being cheap - this will only get you cheap customers.

3) When it comes to marketing, think:
- Person
- Price
- P
Loren
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
It is a very insightful book and a must read for anyone who is going to become an entrepreneur. There was alot of good advice and tips in the book. I listed below the best tips he gave in the book.

Kiyosaki's Top 3 Tips to Entrepreneur Success

Tip #1 Value Learning over Money
You should get a job that helps you develop the skills and experience you need to become an entrepreneur. He got a job in sales so he could build excellent sales skills.

Tip #2 Start a Part-Time Business

- Legal
- Systems
- Communications
- Cash Flow

(A good guide to follow for the newbie entrepreneur.)

3) When it comes to marketing, think:
- Person
- Price
- Place
- Position

A must for anyone even contemplating opening their own Business. And a great read for employees to know what goes into a Business.
Wenn
I started the book expecting it to be a sensationalist quick read. Am I ever so glad to be wrong, because this is a gem of a book that gives the readers a glimpse of what it takes to be an entrepreneur. It doesn't sugarcoat it; yes it'll be hard, this and that are what's required of you, and though true to the Kiyosaki style of repeated selling, it is still a worthwhile read. This is something that I will come back to time and time again for references.
John
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-book
Outstanding book! Do not open a business without reading. You may find it's not for you. I read before starting my business (9 years ago) and it was immensely helpful...even more important to read than E-Myth.
Pieter Prinsloo
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very inspiring.
Ana
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Listened to the audio right after listening to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Lots of excellent advise, but most I'd heard before.
ClessVNA
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first Rich Dad's book; gonna check the Cashflow game as almost it points to in this book.
Mitch
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're ever thinking about leaving your job and becoming self employed, you definitely should read this first. It would have saved me a lot of problems 17 years ago if it had been around then.
An Thai
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of an Entrepreneur and starting a business and the type of pain tolerance that you should be developing for yourself on this journey
Aitor De Celis Brownlow
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wish I read it before I quit my job and not after. It contains a lot of valueble info to take into consideration when you are transitioning from your job to your business.
Brian
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal
Nothing really new in this one besides some new recommended books to read (besides his own books).
Xuehui Huang
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
The book shocked me. I was very addicted this serial of book at university, just forgot the original heart after graduated. Keep reading ~
Nola Redd
Jan 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone wanting to increase their financial IQ, small business owners or would-be owners
Recommended to Nola by: Kiyosaki
Well, I don't know what it means that the last book I finished in 2008 was a financial book, but I wonder if it might have any effect on the upcoming year. Of course, as much as I enjoy the Rich Dad series, I do not intend to become an entrepreneur (mostly because I have a REAL problem spelling that without the help of spell check!). Still, even without having a goal of building a business, I found the fourth book in the "Rich Dad" series to be very thought provoking, and it gave me a lot to che ...more
Kat
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my 3rd Rich Dad book. I read Cashflow Quadrant and Rich Dad Poor Dad a little over a year ago. I must say this was my favorite out of the 3 (hated the 1st one, the 2nd one was okay). A lot of entrepreneurship books (especially the ones written by women) make owning your own business seem so wonderful, rewarding, and easy without actually being realistic about failure and being candid about their own failures. So I appreciated Kiyosaki for sharing these tips. I think everyone should under ...more
Tony Jr.
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I wish I had read this book before quitting my job and launching my first entrepreneurial pursuit about six years ago, which took off fast and promptly failed after two years. I would have saved myself thousands of dollars and much heartache. I still would have quit my job, but not as soon as I did. With this book as a guide I would have been better prepared financially and mentally to take the plunge. Having read every book in the RichDad series, this is by far one of the best. Robert does a gr ...more
Natalie Weber
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business-finance
This was the second book our Business Study group went through this Spring. The authors begin with a discussion of what makes entrepreneurs different, including the observation that “The reason there are more employees than entrepreneurs is simply that our schools train young people to become employees.” This statement is followed with a short paragraph on the Prussian model of education that is the basis for our government-run education system. They go on to share how to identify the difference ...more
Bryan
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is good and it provides some practical advice on some of the day to day things that entrepreneurs will have to do. It talks about the mind set of a business owner versus an employee. It is worth reading if you are considering starting your own business. I think the ideas he describes about cashflow are very important to understand. I think that this definitely applies to a manufacturing sort of business. Some of the concepts I image are not quite as relevant if you are running a softwa ...more
Trina
Feb 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: starting out entrepreneurs
This was a very inspirational and insightful book. It forces you to ask yourself the hard questions: "Can I be an entrepreneur" "Am I ready" "Can I overcome the fear". Kiyosaki's writing style is simple with several real life examples to back up his lessons/tips. I prefer his partner's style (Sharon Lector) of writing a little more because she cuts through his story telling and hands you the meat of the lesson. All in all it was a great book that continues on the tradition of the first Rich Dad ...more
Daniel Avery
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
One of the best books for entrepreneurs out there! This book is from 2005, but still extremely relevant over a decade later. Unlike many other business books, Before You Quit Your Job discusses accounting/cash management and legal problems, as well as sales, marketing and product/service development. The theory and principles are taught with amazing stories from the life of Robert Kiyosaki, including his struggles with becoming an entrepreneur himself.
Pratap
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book for someone who want to become an entrepreneur. You find a very good number of lessons for building a business mixed with his personal history......

His personal history is not that interesting for me....but his conversations with his mentor, and his conclusions from his business trails are one of the best advises you will ever get....

A must read for every wannabe entrepreneur......
Joseph Moskie
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lots of practical advice, which was refreshing.

The tone of all of the "Roch Dad" books is really informal, even as very serious topics are being discussed, which made the book fairly accessible.

Most notable was the fact that the vast majority of the book was devoted to failing, and "getting back on the horse." You follow the author as he fucks up several times and loses all his money, only to come out a much better entrepreneur (and man!)
Alexandria
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-life
Before you decide to quit your boring job to create your own, please consider reading this book. Robert Kiyosaki lays out successful entrepreneur tips and shares his own personal business stories. Be warned, in order to succeed, you might fail a couple of times and that's okay. Failures are only lessons to do better. True failure is quitting absolutely.
Katya Kean
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book. If you're thinking of starting up a business or working for yourself (yes, those two are different), read this first. Or if your small business is struggling, check it out. It's a nice sequel to "Rich Dad Poor Dad".
As for me, I quit my job and Then read this book, so it's helped me see where I've gone wrong, so that's good.
Angelic
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very insightful and balanced evaluation of going from an employee to an entrepreneur. A lot of information that can easily become overwhelming if you're looking for a step by step guide, but I love how the author is forthright about his failures in the beginning as well as the constant growth he had to undergo at all stages to remain successful.
Alyssa
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I learned that being employee-minded=middle class=broke. I am amazed at the overhead it takes to start a business, which makes me incredibly grateful that the business Will and I are building has the system it does because it's all of the benefits of building a big business, without the overhead costs! Amazing!
« previous 1 3 next »

• OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Trump 101: The Way to Success
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Dollar Crisis Revised
  • The Science Of Personal Achievement
  • How to Get What You Want
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below

Rich Dad (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • Rich Dad's Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich...Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets about Money--That You Don't Learn in School!
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
“Muchas personas no se convierten en empresarios porque tienen miedo al fracaso.” 0 likes
“Padre rico decía: “Trabaja para aprender, no para ganar.” Con” 0 likes