Start by marking “Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))” as Want to Read:

Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Rich Dad #10)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,965 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
One of the basic tenets of the Rich Dad philosophy is to make the jump from employee to boss. This is the book that shows you how to make that leap - in 10 easy steps. Everyone in business knows that you won't ever achieve great wealth by being an employee. The real secret to making money and reaching financial independence is to start your own company and develop it quick ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Warner Business Books (first published September 1st 2005)

Scott Dinsmore
Jul 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Why I Read this Book: I was about to quit my job to pursue some of my true interests. This sounded relevant. It certainly was.

Review:

A lot can be learned from Robert Kiyosaki and his experiences. I enjoy his books because they not only take an innovative perspective on things, but it is a perspective from which he lives day in and day out. I found myself at the book store a year or so ago with a pile of books having to do with Entrepreneurship and being your own boss. I was within weeks of my fi
Chad Warner
Jan 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
This book is full of general but practical advice on planning, launching, and growing a business. The focus is more on growing a large business than on becoming self-employed. In fact, Kiyosaki seems to view self-employed professionals as underachievers, as if those people fall short by not building large businesses. Kiyosaki speaks a lot from firsthand experience, but he also draws lessons from businesses and entrepreneurs.

I’m a Robert Kiyosaki fan, so despite his low opinion of the self-employ
Manol Trendafilov
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great tutorial for starting business when you consider quitting your job
Alicia Maria
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Rich Dad book series never disappoints. I purchased the audible version of this book and listened to it during my commute to and from work in the car. Robert Kiyosaki's gives the aspiring entrepreneur the blueprint to transition to becoming a successful entrepreneur. Key points mentioned were adapting the habits and thinking of entrepreneurs, understanding the finincial acumen of entrepreneurs , and the importance of selling. Another important point Robert Kiyosaki mentioned was the value of ...more
Kassin
Dec 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Potential entrepreneurs
Recommended to Kassin by: Tanner
Thanks, Tanner, for letting me borrow this! One more business book for the memory bank. All good concepts, and like many of Kiyosaki's books, a little on the repetitive side. The things that stuck with me:

1) Make sure the following bases are covered:
- Legal
- Systems
- Communications
- Cash Flow

(A good guide to follow for the newbie entrepreneur.)

2) Don't market yourself as being cheap - this will only get you cheap customers.

3) When it comes to marketing, think:

- Legal
- Systems
- Communications
- Cash Flow

(A good guide to follow for the newbie entrepreneur.)

3) When it comes to marketing, think:
- Person
- Price
- Place
- Position

A must for anyone even contemplating opening their own Business. And a great read for employees to know what goes into a Business.
John
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-book
Outstanding book! Do not open a business without reading. You may find it's not for you. I read before starting my business (9 years ago) and it was immensely helpful...even more important to read than E-Myth.
Nauj Toscano
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Empecé a leer este libro 4 días antes de dejar mi trabajo para empezar con mi propio proyecto. Llego en el momento exacto, vienen muchos tips muy buenos y que te recuerdan lo persistente que tienes que ser y los aspectos a ponerles atención especial cuando estás emprendiendo
Abena
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Listened to the audio right after listening to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Lots of excellent advise, but most I'd heard before.
Mitch
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're ever thinking about leaving your job and becoming self employed, you definitely should read this first. It would have saved me a lot of problems 17 years ago if it had been around then.
Nikos Korexenidis
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice tips. Easy to read book
Xuehui Huang
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
The book shocked me. I was very addicted this serial of book at university, just forgot the original heart after graduated. Keep reading ~
Nola Redd
Jan 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone wanting to increase their financial IQ, small business owners or would-be owners
Recommended to Nola by: Kiyosaki
Well, I don't know what it means that the last book I finished in 2008 was a financial book, but I wonder if it might have any effect on the upcoming year. Of course, as much as I enjoy the Rich Dad series, I do not intend to become an entrepreneur (mostly because I have a REAL problem spelling that without the help of spell check!). Still, even without having a goal of building a business, I found the fourth book in the "Rich Dad" series to be very thought provoking, and it gave me a lot to che ...more
Kat
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my 3rd Rich Dad book. I read Cashflow Quadrant and Rich Dad Poor Dad a little over a year ago. I must say this was my favorite out of the 3 (hated the 1st one, the 2nd one was okay). A lot of entrepreneurship books (especially the ones written by women) make owning your own business seem so wonderful, rewarding, and easy without actually being realistic about failure and being candid about their own failures. So I appreciated Kiyosaki for sharing these tips. I think everyone should under ...more
Tony Jr.
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I wish I had read this book before quitting my job and launching my first entrepreneurial pursuit about six years ago, which took off fast and promptly failed after two years. I would have saved myself thousands of dollars and much heartache. I still would have quit my job, but not as soon as I did. With this book as a guide I would have been better prepared financially and mentally to take the plunge. Having read every book in the RichDad series, this is by far one of the best. Robert does a gr ...more
Loren
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
It is a very insightful book and a must read for anyone who is going to become an entrepreneur. There was alot of good advice and tips in the book. I listed below the best tips he gave in the book.

Kiyosaki's Top 3 Tips to Entrepreneur Success

Tip #1 Value Learning over Money
You should get a job that helps you develop the skills and experience you need to become an entrepreneur. He got a job in sales so he could build excellent sales skills.

Tip #2 Start a Part-Time Business
Keep your full time jo
Natalie Weber
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business-finance
This was the second book our Business Study group went through this Spring. The authors begin with a discussion of what makes entrepreneurs different, including the observation that “The reason there are more employees than entrepreneurs is simply that our schools train young people to become employees.” This statement is followed with a short paragraph on the Prussian model of education that is the basis for our government-run education system. They go on to share how to identify the difference ...more
Bryan
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is good and it provides some practical advice on some of the day to day things that entrepreneurs will have to do. It talks about the mind set of a business owner versus an employee. It is worth reading if you are considering starting your own business. I think the ideas he describes about cashflow are very important to understand. I think that this definitely applies to a manufacturing sort of business. Some of the concepts I image are not quite as relevant if you are running a softwa ...more
Trina
Feb 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: starting out entrepreneurs
This was a very inspirational and insightful book. It forces you to ask yourself the hard questions: "Can I be an entrepreneur" "Am I ready" "Can I overcome the fear". Kiyosaki's writing style is simple with several real life examples to back up his lessons/tips. I prefer his partner's style (Sharon Lector) of writing a little more because she cuts through his story telling and hands you the meat of the lesson. All in all it was a great book that continues on the tradition of the first Rich Dad ...more
Joseph Moskie
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lots of practical advice, which was refreshing.

The tone of all of the "Roch Dad" books is really informal, even as very serious topics are being discussed, which made the book fairly accessible.

Most notable was the fact that the vast majority of the book was devoted to failing, and "getting back on the horse." You follow the author as he fucks up several times and loses all his money, only to come out a much better entrepreneur (and man!)
Pratap
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book for someone who want to become an entrepreneur. You find a very good number of lessons for building a business mixed with his personal history......

His personal history is not that interesting for me....but his conversations with his mentor, and his conclusions from his business trails are one of the best advises you will ever get....

A must read for every wannabe entrepreneur......
Daniel Avery
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
One of the best books for entrepreneurs out there! This book is from 2005, but still extremely relevant over a decade later. Unlike many other business books, Before You Quit Your Job discusses accounting/cash management and legal problems, as well as sales, marketing and product/service development. The theory and principles are taught with amazing stories from the life of Robert Kiyosaki, including his struggles with becoming an entrepreneur himself.
Karol Cordero
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro que todo aquel que desee ser empresario debe leer. En ese libro Robert Kiyosaki te cuenta de sus triunfos y fracasos, a partir de los cuales te indica aquello que debes hacer antes de renunciar a la seguridad de tu empleo y salir en busca de tus sueños de negocios. Sin duda, los aprendizajes en este libro de dan mil ideas y te aterrizan en aquello que es necesario hacer para tener éxito en los negocios.
Katya Kean
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book. If you're thinking of starting up a business or working for yourself (yes, those two are different), read this first. Or if your small business is struggling, check it out. It's a nice sequel to "Rich Dad Poor Dad".
As for me, I quit my job and Then read this book, so it's helped me see where I've gone wrong, so that's good.
Alexandria
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-life
Before you decide to quit your boring job to create your own, please consider reading this book. Robert Kiyosaki lays out successful entrepreneur tips and shares his own personal business stories. Be warned, in order to succeed, you might fail a couple of times and that's okay. Failures are only lessons to do better. True failure is quitting absolutely.
Alyssa
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I learned that being employee-minded=middle class=broke. I am amazed at the overhead it takes to start a business, which makes me incredibly grateful that the business Will and I are building has the system it does because it's all of the benefits of building a big business, without the overhead costs! Amazing!
Roseanne
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dio Aufa Handoyo
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
One of the better Rich Dad books. First half of the book is full of anecdotes that are interesting but ultimately lead nowhere (although Sharon did her best to structure the ideas). Surprisingly, the second half is very grounded, structured, and descriptive - you get a real idea on the step-by-step on how Robert built his successful Rich Dad Company.
Angelic
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very insightful and balanced evaluation of going from an employee to an entrepreneur. A lot of information that can easily become overwhelming if you're looking for a step by step guide, but I love how the author is forthright about his failures in the beginning as well as the constant growth he had to undergo at all stages to remain successful.
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
really good read, some frank but important points in anyone's journey from transforming into an effective entrepreneur and not jumping into the world of business blindly

Waseem Mirza
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them (Rich Dad's Advisors)
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • The Intelligent Entrepreneur: How Three Harvard Business School Graduates Learned the 10 Rules of Successful Entrepreneurship
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...

Rich Dad (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • Rich Dad's Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich…: Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets About Money--That You Don't Learn in School!
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
“Muchas personas no se convierten en empresarios porque tienen miedo al fracaso.” 0 likes
“Padre rico decía: “Trabaja para aprender, no para ganar.” Con” 0 likes